Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahmed Yousry View Post
    the same question i need answer to it
    but i didn't own ps3 never
    so i should choose ps3 super slim or wait ffor ps4
    If you've never owned a PS3, you should really get one. The library of games is awesome.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    $300 bux seems a bit expensive to me. Can get PS3 here in UK for 150 sterling yea its only 12GB but if you got old PS3 still you just use that hardd rive.

I am in the same predicament really. Still undecided. I miss GT5 though and would love to play Uncharted 2 & 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If you have the money and can wait for good games to come out while wasting time on $#@!ty launch games then go for it.

No Dear i don't have the money for that and
    Getting Ps3 or Ps4 wil be as a gift i order from my father because of my joining engineering faculty
    so that it will be one chance

Forum Overseer
    Getting Ps3 or Ps4 wil be as a gift i order from my father because of my joining engineering faculty
    well you have your answer there lol. do you want to get a 6 year old console now or a brand-new one that will last you for another 5+ years in a year?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    If you can only have one, then get the PS4, I suppose.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    If you've never owned a PS3, you should really get one. The library of games is awesome.
    you spired an idea on my thinking
    Generally Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    If you can only have one, then get the PS4, I suppose.
    this is the idea i thought it

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I'd go with the PS3 personally, no doubt PS4 will have a ton of hardware problems like PS360 did at launch. You can get so many games for PS3 already too, seems a no brainer to get a PS3 now to me.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

9. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I'd go with the PS3 personally, no doubt PS4 will have a ton of hardware problems like PS360 did at launch. You can get so many games for PS3 already too, seems a no brainer to get a PS3 now to me.
    At the same time this kid ain't going to buy another one for who knows how long since he ain't got da money. I'd still go for the PS4 just because it will provide more fun in the long run.

Technology is getting better so I think Sony will do a better job with heat issues. Especially since PS4 will have an APU instead of two big chips. Things should be a lot smaller this time around.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Well tbh I doubt we'll see a decent amount of games on it until 2 or 3 years into it's life and at that point they'll likely be releasing a slimmer/cheaper version. I wouldn't miss out on all the games this gen personally since it's not going to be backwards compatible. If you buy a PS4 and it ends up having a launch like the Wii U you'll regret it big time while everyone else wil likely be going back to the their PS3s until the games start dropping in.

Forum Overseer
    I'd give it a year...and a half max before great games are out. Looking at all consoles except the PS3, usually it's about a year.

Now that we will be getting straight PC ports, I think it's going to be the best generation ever.

I think PS4 is worth waiting for.

PSN ID
    D3RM1AN
    Well tbh I doubt we'll see a decent amount of games on it until 2 or 3 years into it's life and at that point they'll likely be releasing a slimmer/cheaper version. I wouldn't miss out on all the games this gen personally since it's not going to be backwards compatible. If you buy a PS4 and it ends up having a launch like the Wii U you'll regret it big time while everyone else wil likely be going back to the their PS3s until the games start dropping in.
    Some good games are coming out at launch of the PS4. Such as: Infamous second son, Killzone Shadowfall, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed 4, Deep Down and a few more. But then again, it depends on what you like. These are the games i'm getting A.S.A.P. when the PS4's out.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah none of those interest me aside from InFamous and I don't like the series enough to buy a new console for it.

Far too many RPGs are hitting the PS3 now that'll last me years before I get a PS4.

PSN ID
    D3RM1AN
    Yeah none of those interest me aside from InFamous and I don't like the series enough to buy a new console for it.

Far too many RPGs are hitting the PS3 now that'll last me years before I get a PS4.
    RPGs, ay? I don't think a lot of those are coming out on PS4 for a while. Plus most of the games I mentioned are either FPS/adventure genres. Well, good luck waiting, bro.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah I have no problems waiting, still waiting with the PS Vita lol

Forum Overseer
    I agree with your argument Aaron but the kid ain't going to have an option to buy the PS4 if he didn't do it now. Think about it, which would you rather have? PS3 (Sony's stepchild) or PS4 (what PS3 was supposed to be)?

I'm fairly positive we're going to see much better games on the PS4. The world recession is...not as bad, let's just say that.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Ps3 because we don't know if PS4 will be a huge flop, developers already seem to be split down the middle with most of them sticking with current gen hardware due to it being cheaper to develop for with an already huge userbase. The choice would be 100X easier if PS4 was backwards compatible, but there's no way I'd miss the games of this gen just for 5 or 6 games with better resolutions and improved AA, most of which will also be available on current gen systems.

Forum Overseer
    Ps3 because we don't know if PS4 will be a huge flop, developers already seem to be split down the middle with most of them sticking with current gen hardware due to it being cheaper to develop for with an already huge userbase. The choice would be 100X easier if PS4 was backwards compatible, but there's no way I'd miss the games of this gen just for 5 or 6 games with better resolutions and improved AA, most of which will also be available on current gen systems.
    I think I know what you mean. We're split in this decision mostly because I want online games whereas you're wanting single player. I think there is a lot of room left for improvement in the online department and something PS4 is definitely making whereas we don't know how much single player will be affected and for a good RPG, we don't know how long we'll have to wait.

From that perspective I totally agree that PS3 is the much better deal at the moment. Some of us had to wait half a decade for some of these games (not that they were in development that long but we wanted games such as these that are just out recently).

So it really depends on what the OP is after.

21. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post

Thats a tough one.. For me I wouldn't be able to wait so I would just get both. But if you can't afford to get both, get the ps3 now and then save up and get ps4 later on

The PS4 price was released a while ago. I think its going to be around $480 the last time I checked the press releases. I would buy the ps4 and then when the price drops on the ps3 buy one from ebay for half the price.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    raremew
    Items Linkin ParkUser name style
    Well I'd go with the ps3. because you dont know what kinda games that are coming out. its really up to you. i really enjoy the ps3 its got alot of good games.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by psnboy View Post
    The PS4 price was released a while ago. I think its going to be around $480 the last time I checked the press releases. I would buy the ps4 and then when the price drops on the ps3 buy one from ebay for half the price.
    lol Wut? Please provide a link to these "press releases" with the price announcement.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Developers are split down the middle? Last I heard the developers were all gushing over the PS4.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Why is pretty much every 3rd party game also releasing on PS3 then?

Thread Information