Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    But it doesn't really matter how much time PS3 gamers spend, cause Sony is still releasing games. It seemingly did matter for 360 cause the company changed focus.
    You misunderstood my post. I agree about MS change in focus but that report isnt the proof since Sony released a similar report. Sony and MS do the same things media wise but the only difference is that Sony still puts out plenty of core exclusives and new exclusive IPs while still doing the media thing too. Now I'm going to play devils advocate for a second. What if some dont care for Sony's exclusives in the same way you dont care for MS offerings? And if thats the case and the 360 has better looking and playing multiplats then you can see why somebody would go 360. For me personally the 3rd party advantage was more important than having a few more exclusives. But next gen MS wont have that which was the reason 360 was my main console this gen. PS4 will most likely have great 3rd party AND more exclusives which is why I keep saying I'm going PS4 only next gen. That way I'll have one console that will give me both.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-09-2013 at 20:45.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Some people make it sound like MS has a gun to their head demanding they buy a games console off them lol.

Gaming is never life or death...it's all about having fun which will be had on 360, PS3, Nxt Box and PS4.
    Very true. I ran out of likes for now. lol

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    No evidence?

Sony embraced media content and still managed to release game after game. As I said earlier, its releasing 10 exclusive titles this year, 5 of which are new IPs in the same year that it'll release PS4. While 2012 was a weak year 1st party-wise, Sony has generally pumped out a dozen games a year for the past 4 or so years. It has invested in large titles and has taken many risks. All of this on top of being in a financial slump and being in last place in sales.
    Not a lot of risk in what Sony are offering you on the PS4. I don't mind you mentioning the fact that Sony are still producing games, but lets face it, if people don't care about inFamous, Killzone, GOW, and LBP that takes out most of Sonys this gen and next gen games, and the evidence is, most people DON'T care about those games.

Sony's are in as much need of new IP's as MS is. The difference between Halo and those games, is it still sells million.

BTW, you being completely off base with "12" a year, that's scraping the bottom of the exclusives barrel and adding a few crap "HD editions" and some Japanese games in their to boot. Its still more than MS, but let be realistic here, it closer to 5-7.
    Frankly, based on new, or rebooted IP, I wouldn't by either console right now.

If the Wii U announced Battlefront 3 as an exclusive, frankly Id buy that over anything MS or Sony are offering me (or rumored to be offering me).
    Last edited by mynd; 03-09-2013 at 20:46.

4. Likes EHY893, mistercrow likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Not a lot of risk in what Sony are offering you on the PS4. I don't mind you mentioning the fact that Sony are still producing games, but lets face it, if people don't care about inFamous, Killzone, GOW, and LBP that takes out most of Sonys this gen and next gen games, and the evidence is, most people DON'T care about those games.

Sony's are in as much need of new IP's as MS is. The difference between Halo and those games, is it still sells million.

BTW, you being completely off base with "12" a year, that's scraping the bottom of the exclusives barrel and adding a few crap "HD editions" and some Japanese games in their to boot. Its still more than MS, but let be realistic here, it closer to 5-7.
    Frankly, based on new, or rebooted IP, I wouldn't by either console right now.

If the Wii U announced Battlefront 3 as an exclusive, frankly Id buy that over anything MS or Sony are offering me (or rumored to be offering me).
    LMAO

then this

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    To me Sony pulled a double whammy with the PS4. No one really wanted to buy a Vita because it was just another handheld. But once they explained that you can basically stream PS4 games onto the Vita the sales started to pop. This was just a flat out brilliant move and also add to the fact they bought Gaiki and I'm sure that service will get better and better every year and also onto the next playstation as well.

having something the center of your living room isn't that hard if everything is integrated and with the PS4 it is. What is microsoft going to do becasue so far even Xbox people are jumping on board with the PS4 from what I've heard and only the diehard Xbox loyalists are left fending for themselves.

I look at this as a good thing because for one thing I don't agree with microsofts subscription service and it's clear most people don't even know what they are paying for when it comes to Xboxlive. I would believe in order for MS to compete with the next consoles they are going to have to open up live a bit more and not just make it a subscription service. The fact you have to pay for Xboxlive in order to watch netflix is the biggest pile of bull$#@! I've ever seen, even a shovel wouldn't be able to dig a hole deep enough for that crap.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    LMAO

then this

Yeah, because Knack is going to hold up the PS4 on its own huh?
    Denial is funny thing to watch.

Go play your 16 sequels, you have another 2 waiting in the wings to launch.

The both need new blood get over it.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-09-2013 at 22:05.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I think it's a bit early to call what either system will have games wise when one system hasn't done a reveal and I doubt Sony showed us every launch game. I think we are in for some surprises at E3.

9. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    you must be a fool if you believe knack and drive club will be the only two new ip's sony will have come launch day for the ps4 (when it comes to MS's offerings, it becomes a "but but but...wait and see approach but for sony, all logic goes out the window...)! for the so called level headed people in this forums, you sure know how to pick them cherries.

if this generation thats about to end has thought us anything, its that sony will develop new IP, and will SUPPORT THEM TO THE END (except for lair and heavenly sword lol)!!! keyword, support them! give me a break with all the shortsightedness

i dont like going back and forth on forums because it pointless, if someone decides to apply logic where they see fit and ignore the obvious then thats them! but dont preach to the congregation and then go on about doing your own thing....MYND! (yeah this is directed at you)

carry on level headed gamers/analyst/developers/insiders
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 03-09-2013 at 22:14.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Denial is funny thing to watch.

Go play your 16 sequels, you have another 2 waiting in the wings to launch.

The both need new blood get over it.
    edit much? lol

yup ill sure enjoy GOW: ascension just as you will enjoy GOW: jugdement, but then i have the last of us, beyond two souls and whatever else i'm missing...lol so yes level headed gamer/analyst/insider i will enjoy all 16 sequels.

12. Likes Sir_Scud , Bigdoggy likes this post
    Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    but lets face it, if people don't care about inFamous, Killzone, GOW, and LBP that takes out most of Sonys this gen and next gen games, and the evidence is, most people DON'T care about those games.
    Why should we face such bull$#@! lies?

You thinking those titles are "games people don't want to play" is where you fail so hard at. It's clear you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It sounds like you are caught up in MS's PR bull$#@!. Those titles, you are downplaying, sell millions. They have a fanbase. They don't need to sell 4-5+million. Get over it. Just because MS can't manage a budget properly and can't find a successful title(outside of 4 titles) doesn't mean the same "4+m in sales or its a flop" applies to Sony titles. Sony takes an axe to titles that fail. Those are facts you need to face.

How many successful i.p's did Sony create this gen? I'm sure you remember my 'Big budget titles: PS3 vs 360. MS fails making new i.ps profitable' thread very well. To say that they need just as many new i.p's as MS is such a downplay lmao while "not being bias because you included MS too".

There's plenty of i.p's Sony can fall back on and play it "safe" with. It's good that they have those "safe" titles. The same applies to MS too. The fact remains that Sony simply has more "safe" titles to fall back on than MS's 4 "safe" titles.

12 studios, 16 teams . You are crazy if you think Sony won't bring the new i.p's. It's a damn reason why studios got expanded. So they can "play it safe" while creating new i.p's.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-09-2013 at 22:48.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    you must be a fool if you believe knack and drive club will be the only two new ip's sony will have come launch day for the ps4 (when it comes to MS's offerings, it becomes a "but but but...wait and see approach but for sony, all logic goes out the window...)! for the so called level headed people in this forums, you sure know how to pick them cherries.
    Im open to suggestions, but I dont know which studio is going to make them, perhaps Naughty Dog?
    if this generation thats about to end has thought us anything, its that sony will develop new IP, and will SUPPORT THEM TO THE END (except for lair and heavenly sword lol)!!! keyword, support them! give me a break with all the shortsightedness

i dont like going back and forth on forums because it pointless, if someone decides to apply logic where they see fit and ignore the obvious then thats them! but dont preach to the congregation and then go on about doing your own thing....MYND! (yeah this is directed at you)

carry on level headed gamers/analyst/developers/insiders
    A level headed person would at least tell us where these new games are going to come from?
    We can least, on MS's side point to new studios and collaborations MS has going on.

The only ones I can possible think of is Last Guardian.
    But given GG, Evo Studios, Media Molecule, Foster City, Cambridge, Santa Monica, ND, Sucker Punch, are all busy, I guess that leaves Bend & San Diego ?

And no, I am going to be just as disappointed, if we get Fable 4, Gears 5 and Forza 5
    Last edited by mynd; 03-09-2013 at 22:39.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    Im open to suggestions, but I dont know which studio is going to make them, perhaps Naughty Dog?

A level headed person would at least tell us where these new games are going to come from?
    We can least, on MS's side point to new studios and collaborations MS has going on.

The only ones I can possible think of is Last Guardian.
    But given GG, Evo Studios, Media Molecule, Foster City, Cambridge, Santa Monica, ND, Sucker Punch, are all busy, I guess that leaves Bend & San Diego ?

And no, I am going to be just as disappointed, if we get Fable 4, Gears 5 and Forza 5
    but but but....lets wait till E3 and TGS! you will find your answers then, my crystal ball is not as capable as yours

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    but but but....lets wait till E3 and TGS! you will find your answers then, my crystal ball is not as capable as yours
    I have no doubt there will be some games from Japanese studios, but realistically, everyone else is busy doing stuff already.
    Syphon filter would be welcome, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Why should we face such bull$#@! lies?

You thinking those titles are "games people don't want to play" is where you fail so hard at. It's clear you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It sounds like you are caught up in MS's PR bull$#@!. Those titles, you are downplaying, sell millions. They have a fanbase. They don't need to sell 4-5+million. Get over it. Just because MS can't manage a budget properly and can't find a successful title(outside of 4 titles) doesn't mean the same "4+m in sales or its a flop" applies to Sony titles. Sony takes an axe to titles that fail. Those are facts you need to face.

How many successful i.p's did Sony create this gen? I'm sure you remember my 'Big budget titles: PS3 vs 360. MS fails making new i.ps profitable' thread very well. To say that they need just as many new i.p's as MS is such a downplay lmao while "not being bias because you included MS too".

There's plenty of i.p's Sony can fall back on and play it "safe" with. It's good that they have those "safe" titles. The same applies to MS too. The fact remains that Sony simply has more "safe" titles to fall back on than MS's 4 "safe" titles.

12 studios, 16 teams . You are crazy if you think Sony won't bring the new i.p's. It's a damn reason why studios got expanded. So they can "play it safe" while creating new i.p's.
    I don't mean it in terms of the games appeal to those who play them, they are all good games.
    But you are preaching to the already converted, if you love infamous, you will love infamous:second son.
    If you don't own a PS3, you probably not about to pick up a PS4 because of KZ4 or infamous:SS however, because you didn't buy one for the first 2.

Both of them need something to convince the other side to buy it. I haven't seen anything form anyone to convince me to buy any thing next gen yet.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-09-2013 at 22:46.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I have no doubt there will be some games from Japanese studios, but realistically, everyone else is busy doing stuff already.
    Syphon filter would be welcome, however.

I don't mean it in terms of the games appeal to those who play them, they are all good games.
    But you are preaching to the already converted, if you love infamous, you will love infamous:second son.
    If you don't own a PS3, you probably not about to pick up a PS4 because of KZ4 or infamous:SS however, because you didn't buy one for the first 2.

Both of them need something to convince the other side to buy it. I haven't seen anything form anyone to convince me to buy any thing next gen yet.

In the same token, if Halo 5 were to launch with the next Xbox people would go crazy to go buy it (potentially me included). I think you downplay Killzone and inFamous. They are just 2 games in a lineup that might be one of the better console launches. When PS3 and 360 launched, there were no solid titles that I just had to buy. You show me this lineup that starts with 2 good IPs, maybe I'll look at Knack, maybe I'll look at The Witness...etc. The variety already isn't too shabby for launch.

Not to mention, there will probably be more announcements and more titles confirmed down the road.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    In the same token, if Halo 5 were to launch with the next Xbox people would go crazy to go buy it (potentially me included). I think you downplay Killzone and inFamous. They are just 2 games in a lineup that might be one of the better console launches. When PS3 and 360 launched, there were no solid titles that I just had to buy. You show me this lineup that starts with 2 good IPs, maybe I'll look at Knack, maybe I'll look at The Witness...etc. The variety already isn't too shabby for launch.

Not to mention, there will probably be more announcements and more titles confirmed down the road.
    All of Sony's 1st party studios are working on PS4 games. There will be PLENTY of stuff yet unannounced.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

MS had Halo3 in the bag, we all knew that when the 360 launched (much like we know Halo 5 is going to come out, as is GT6/7 and Forza 5/6), But they did show Gears and people got excited and knew it was coming (much like they got excited over KZ2).
    I just can get excited for anything I have seen, or know is coming. I cant get excited for more Gears, Halo or Fable, or Forza, but I can get excited for more KZ of infmaous, because they never excited me in the first place.
    Halo for example long since stopped being about the game to me, its been about the story since Halo 2 frankly. And gears, well $#@! they are just going to have to make up entirely new stuff if they want to continue that on.

I want to get excited about games again, maybe I'm just jaded. Or maybe this gen just went on to long.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    All of Sony's 1st party studios are working on PS4 games. There will be PLENTY of stuff yet unannounced.
    nah $#@! that i want every thing DAY $#@!ing ONE!!!! Oh and by the way, they better be new IP's or heads will roll!

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    @mynd

I see what you are saying about the new i.p's(both systems will have them) but I still have a question for you.

I know in the past you commented on wanting to own a ps3. So if you aren't interested in any of these "safe" titles then what titles were you interested in exclusively for the ps3? If you didn't get to play these "safe" titles on the ps3, then what's the problem playing them on the ps4?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    I want to get excited about games again, maybe I'm just jaded. Or maybe this gen just went on to long.
    I think it's this. I got a 360 first. I was a huge halo guy from the past, was not going to pass on it. Gears was another series that I really enjoyed...at first. Fast forward to today, I barely play any 360, only with a friend when I do. I don't play much ps3 either. I'm a bit bored with this gen, it went too long.

I'm pretty excited about Killzone, because it's during a new generation. Much like I might be really interested in a next gen Halo, just depends on what we see in the future. I do agree that there needs to be new IPs, but that's why I'm way more interested in PS4. I think Sony will deliver. This is just the early stages.

Flaw3d Genius
    When PS3 and 360 launched, there were no solid titles that I just had to buy. You show me this lineup that starts with 2 good IPs, maybe I'll look at Knack, maybe I'll look at The Witness...etc.
    360 launch line up had amazing games...

Condemned
    PGR
    Graw
    COD 2
    Kameo

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    @mynd

I see what you are saying about the new i.p's(both systems will have them) but I still have a question for you.

I know in the past you commented on wanting to own a ps3. So if you aren't interested in any of these "safe" titles then what titles were you interested in exclusively for the ps3? If you didn't get to play these "safe" titles on the ps3, then what's the problem playing them on the ps4?
    Actually I want a PS3 for Uncharted, Heavy Rain and Starhawk, although I hear starhawk wasn't quite the battlefront style games I wanted.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-09-2013 at 23:36.

Superior Member

The difference is Sony has a track record of bringing new ips for new console launches. Those safe IPs you mentioned will continue...but I mean we got Resistance, Lair, Heavenly Sword, Warhawk, Folklore, Siren's Bloodcurse, and Motorstorm around launch.....we later got Haze (not 1st party but exclusive), and Uncharted shortly after and then LBP, Infamous, MAG, Heavy Rain, Modnation Racer, Eye of Judgement, The Fight Lights Out, DC Universe/UT3 brought over from PC and continue to bust out new games like Starhawk, DUST 514, Journey, and the Last of Us late in the cycle. I mean these are all new games introduced on the PS3 and others I didn't play or remember. How about the lineup of exclusive new IPs the PS2 had.... all the games that debuted on the PS2 that we have sequels for now!!!??? Seriously....you don't know if Sony will bring new contenet???!! Sure some of the best of the best got sequels...duh!! We want that!! Should Capcom not make anymore RE games....ok bad example lol. Fact is Sony brings new games....and pushes their teams to develop new ips. Its their lifeblood!! They don't have a mega selling franchise like Halo to prop up its console...it has to innovate!! Sure the successful IPs will continue..Uncharted will be on the PS4 and Gran Turismo and Killzone and LBP and Ratchet and Clank and Infamous and GOW and probably Socom. Point is....Sony doesn't just rely on sequels....they have them of course but look at all the franchises they have spawned by having their teams and buying studios that develop new IPs. Sony gives its gamers GAMES.....and NEW GAMES. It won't be any different with the PS4. We know what Microsoft will offer us. They are the ones that run off studios by forcing them to hatch out a Halo every year or take a solid studio and force them to put out kinnect games.

This is why developers have a better relationship with Sony. They allow their studios to create and innovate. Yes they will be asked to make a sequel but they have allowed them to create new IPs and supported and launched them over 3 consoles so far. Sony is less demanding on what they require for digital games on their psn and obviously they are trying to correct their console design to be more developer friendly as well....not just focusing on power and complexity but ease of use and flexibility.

Don't get me wrong. Microsoft has tons of money and will have new IPs and buy exclusive content. But I just don't see enough support for me as a gamer to warrent jumping ship. I love what Sony gives me...and have faith they will keep feeding me more.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I have complete confidence that Sony is really going to bring it with the PS4. I'm excited. Seems they have learned fom their mistakes this gen. My body is ready. lol

PSU Technical Advisor
    I'm not so sure I agree with Mynd here. In terms of IP's Sony is fine and they are considerably more ingenuitive than MS is when it comes to this.

LBP, Uncharted, Infamous, Warhawk (well, ok this was admittedly a reboot of a PS1 game), Starhawk, All-Stars Battle Royale (which only did so so), Heavy Rain\Twin Souls.. etc

I don't include staples that made the transition from PS2-->PS3 (or even PSone--->PS3) like Twisted Metal, God of War, Ratchet &Clank, Killzone, GT, or small PSN titles like Fl0w, Journey and so on.

What does Microsoft really have here from first parties outside of Halo, Fable and Forza? They rely heavily on third party support to make their platform work (like Epic Games). Much of this good will was garnered because they were the first guys on the market with an easier to use architecture at a lower price. The power disparity between the two last platforms was negligible unless you were first party and had the expertise\resources to blow, so the 360 had an edge in almost all cases.

And being a western company, they had a better understanding of what western games were wanting- or at least American\Australian gamers. They really struck a chord with Gears of War and Halo.

Frankly I don't see these advantages existing anymore. PS4 is easy to work with and I imagine the next Xbox will be as well.. And it's likely the PS4 will launch before or right with the next xbox, so MS won't have a year head start... And Sony has clearly clued in that being arrogant and complacent isn't going to get them anywhere, MS bloodied them up but good.

All things being equal, I don't see how Sony is in "dire need" of new IP's vis a vis MS. The situation is not equatable, MS needs to either win the 3rd party hard or seriously sit down and reassess wtf they're doing. Sony has a larger amount, and more talented, first party studios than MS does.. Simply more raw creative talent. Don't get me wrong, obviously I am strongly in favor of new IP's and I'd like to see fresh ideas really hit the field.

But Sony has a track record of being pretty good with this. I cannot objectively say that MS is even remotely on par.

I mean hell, ignoring all the games that were shown with the PS4 reveal, Knack looks freaking amazing and fun as hell. That game actually had me as or more excited than KZ4. Just because I saw some of the stuff you'd be doing with it and I was definitely impressed.

Drive club (or whatever) is "meh" to me, I don't like car games unless I can crash competing players into oncoming traffic (Burnout).

Ostensibly the best and brightest that MS has to offer are at 343 and they're simply pumping out more Halo iterations. Bungie has gone multiplat (as we can see with Destiny) and so far it is apparent that Epic has at least taken a shine to PS4 with UE4.

And it isn't like every MS third party exclusive has been nothing but pure success either. Too Human, anyone? Blue Dragon?(although frankly I wish this game had done better, I miss RPG's and it was a GOOD title).

And, of course, the fairly well rooted rumors that the PS4 will knock the next Xbox around pretty hard spec wise doesn't paint a prettier picture either.
    Last edited by Vulgotha; 03-10-2013 at 01:18.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Items User name style
    What Mynd is saying is that Sony will not have that many new ip's at launch because they are working on there games now. He's implying that because MS had not released any first party games in a while, they have a better chance coming out at launch with more new ip's... but then what's the split Between kinect and core titles

Sent from my Note II

29. Likes mynd likes this post

Thread Information