Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    does it really matter, both consoles are not about just games anymore
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    does it really matter, both consoles are not about just games anymore
    They bloody should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    What Mynd is saying is that Sony will not have that many new ip's at launch because they are working on there games now. He's implying that because MS had not released any first party games in a while, they have a better chance coming out at launch with more new ip's
    We can only hope that MS is.
    ... but then what's the split Between kinect and core titles

Sent from my Note II
    See I really wouldn't get it if there is a huge emphasis on family friendly kinect games, because that market isnt looking at buying the latest and greatest, they kick in at either

a/ A cheaper launch price

b/Later in the generation
    Last edited by mynd; 03-10-2013 at 03:30.

Forum Elder
    $#@! yeah it matters this is a console war and the battle lines have been drawn (at least for sony).
    So pick a side and suit up soldier.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    i dont really understand the notion that gaming consoles should ONLY be about gaming. a perfect console to me is first and foremost a gaming machine. it needs to have games to satisfies core gamers like myself. other than that, i love media functions too. features that makes my living a more awesome place in general. all these features are important to me. nah mean.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Just the thought of that pumps me up. Can't wait for E3

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    i dont really understand the notion that gaming consoles should ONLY be about gaming. a perfect console to me is first and foremost a gaming machine. it needs to have games to satisfies core gamers like myself. other than that, i love media functions too. features that makes my living a more awesome place in general. all these features are important to me. nah mean.
    No one said "only". But I can just as easily plug in a WDTV live for all my other stuff.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    No one said "only". But I can just as easily plug in a WDTV live for all my other stuff.
    then I must have misunderstood u from a previous post that you said something like "it bloody should" referring that console should just be about games.

anyways. never mind then

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    then I must have misunderstood u from a previous post that you said something like "it bloody should" referring that console should just be about games.

anyways. never mind then
    Given that these others devices can now deliver those things, their main difference is that they play games. Lets put it that way.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    You misunderstood my post. I agree about MS change in focus but that report isnt the proof since Sony released a similar report. Sony and MS do the same things media wise but the only difference is that Sony still puts out plenty of core exclusives and new exclusive IPs while still doing the media thing too. Now I'm going to play devils advocate for a second. What if some dont care for Sony's exclusives in the same way you dont care for MS offerings? And if thats the case and the 360 has better looking and playing multiplats then you can see why somebody would go 360. For me personally the 3rd party advantage was more important than having a few more exclusives. But next gen MS wont have that which was the reason 360 was my main console this gen. PS4 will most likely have great 3rd party AND more exclusives which is why I keep saying I'm going PS4 only next gen. That way I'll have one console that will give me both.
    What an individual wants is irrelevant to my point mon ami. You can't judge a systems output or philosophy on product support based on the anecdotal point of a someone who doesn't like PS3 titles. Of course I am sure there are people out there in this boat, but it's no justification for lackluster in house support. Also, You should know my stance on the worth of a product in the eyes of individuals. The best product is that which satiates the consumer, period. I'm not downplaying the 360 as a console, just its support in comparison to the considerably poorer last place competition.

Not a lot of risk in what Sony are offering you on the PS4. I don't mind you mentioning the fact that Sony are still producing games, but lets face it, if people don't care about inFamous, Killzone, GOW, and LBP that takes out most of Sonys this gen and next gen games, and the evidence is, most people DON'T care about those games.

Sony's are in as much need of new IP's as MS is. The difference between Halo and those games, is it still sells million.

BTW, you being completely off base with "12" a year, that's scraping the bottom of the exclusives barrel and adding a few crap "HD editions" and some Japanese games in their to boot. Its still more than MS, but let be realistic here, it closer to 5-7.
    Frankly, based on new, or rebooted IP, I wouldn't by either console right now.

If the Wii U announced Battlefront 3 as an exclusive, frankly Id buy that over anything MS or Sony are offering me (or rumored to be offering me).
    Mynd, YOU don't care about those games. There is an audience for just about every game in Sony's 1st party catalog.

We have seen a handful of games at the reveal, and that's it. Sony has already demonstrated that it is more than willing to invest in many risky endeavours this gen and if you are going to bring the reveal titles into it, it's clutching at straws really.

Sony is in need of new IPs? Like the 5 that are being released this year?

Ok, I'll leave out HD collections and the JRPGs from my point if it makes you feel better, because the people who wanted those games don't matter.

You should have bought a PS3...It's like watching someone trying to downplay sex, saying it sucks, just cause they aren't getting any. I'm kidding of course.
    Last edited by Ghost; 03-10-2013 at 06:52.

10. Likes Nitey , Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    What an individual wants is irrelevant to my point mon ami. You can't judge a systems output or philosophy on product support based on the anecdotal point of a someone who doesn't like PS3 titles. Of course I am sure there are people out there in this boat, but it's no justification for lackluster in house support. Also, You should know my stance on the worth of a product in the eyes of individuals. The best product is that which satiates the consumer, period. I'm not downplaying the 360 as a console, just its support in comparison to the considerably poorer last place competition.

Mynd, YOU don't care about those games. There is an audience for just about every game in Sony's 1st party catalog.
    Who will likely buy the PS4 already.
    We have seen a handful of games at the reveal, and that's it. Sony has already demonstrated that it is more than willing to invest in many risky endeavours this gen and if you are going to bring the reveal titles into it, it's clutching at straws really.
    All most all of there studios are now officially busy.Not to mention, they always announce their titles before E3. I don't hold out much hope of seeing more new launch titles form SCE themselves. It would be a nice surprise, but they have closed so many studios, and splitting what they have left between PS4 and vita, is a tough ask.
    Sony is in need of new IPs? Like the 5 that are being released this year?

Ok, I'll leave out HD collections and the JRPGs from my point if it makes you feel better, because the people who wanted those games don't matter.

You should have bought a PS3...It's like watching someone trying to downplay sex, saying it sucks, just cause they aren't getting any. I'm kidding of course.
    I should have bought a PS3, I dam near did not long ago.
    What I really want is someone to show me game that is going to make me buy their console at, or close to launch.
    Nobody has done that.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-10-2013 at 07:28.

Banned

To Ghost-Rhayne and Cyn ......

Just because Sony has brought out more new IPs doesn't mean Microsoft is neglecting anything. If I give a charity 1 million dollars and somebody else gave the same charity 2 million dollars, I didn't neglect the charity..... the other guy simply gave them more then me. Things are rarely going to be equal in life.

Just cuz they started to focus MORE on casual games doesn't mean they NEGLECTED the hard core gaming crowd. They were simply putting more money and effort into casuals cuz they already had the hardcore crowd. Wii showed BOTH Sony and Microsoft that there was a huge untapped casual crowd willing to game and spend money.

Microsoft developed and released Kinect to address that issue. It became the fastest selling consumer electronics device EVER. It sold 8 million in 60 days.......for a $150 accessory. Let me say that again.... an ACCESSORY! Some of those were bundles, but that's even more amazing cuz people bought a whole new console as a result.

Sony on the other hand had a much lower price point of entry with the Move then with the $150 Kinect. So you'd think they would sell even better. NOPE. They sold half as many moves in the first 60 days then the much higher priced Kinect. The PS3 and the Xbox 360 are neck and neck in consoles sold.....yet Microsoft managed to sell about 9 million more of the MORE expensive Kinect then Sony sold of the Move. I'd say that's a good reason for Microsoft to pour more resources into Kinect 2. But it doesn't mean they neglected the core gamer until I see substantial proof otherwise.

OH.... and a stupid thing about the statement "New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'" other than the fact that Sony and the PS4 aren't either is.......WTF does that have to do with HIS game? Somehow this stops him from making his game on the Xbox 720? Give me a break! Just because what the console offers isn't strictly about the games doesn't mean the guy can't be strictly about the games when making one on it.

That's the great thing about being a dual-console owner. All the bragging in the world from either camp will just make me say..... I got both $#@!! I ain't missing a damn thing! You can't afford both? Sucks to be you!
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 03-10-2013 at 13:53.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post

Just because Sony has brought out more new IPs doesn't mean Microsoft is neglecting anything. If I give a charity 1 million dollars and somebody else gave the same charity 2 million dollars, I didn't neglect the charity..... the other guy simply game them more then me. Things are rarely going to be equal in life.
    using ur charity example and if "neglect" is a point of measurement then yes, you "neglect" more RELATIVE to the other guy. so maybe in relative terms, MS does neglect the core gamer more than Sony?

oh and it's not about if being afford both systems or not. some people love o spending money on worthless stupid $#@!. not saying you are, in case you want to jump the gun on things

but that's just my opinion.

14. Likes Shingo likes this post
    Banned

using ur charity example and if "neglect" is a point of measurement then yes, you "neglect" more RELATIVE to the other guy. so maybe in relative terms, MS does neglect the core gamer more than Sony?

oh and it's not about if being afford both systems or not. some people love o spending money on worthless stupid $#@!. not saying you are, in case you want to jump the gun on things

but that's just my opinion.
    Relative is the key word.

My other reference was simply aimed at those that say they can't afford both.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    I really suspect MS is paying some forum bots to support their product like a fanboy, yet advise them not to be seen as a fanboy, "you should say you are getting both console on day one on every topic"
    Just like this one;

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post

smh
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls

Just because Sony has brought out more new IPs doesn't mean Microsoft is neglecting anything. If I give a charity 1 million dollars and somebody else gave the same charity 2 million dollars, I didn't neglect the charity..... the other guy simply gave them more then me. Things are rarely going to be equal in life.

Just cuz they started to focus MORE on casual games doesn't mean they NEGLECTED the hard core gaming crowd. They were simply putting more money and effort into casuals cuz they already had the hardcore crowd. Wii showed BOTH Sony and Microsoft that there was a huge untapped casual crowd willing to game and spend money.
    That's a terrible analogy and they have neglected the core, that is the entire point. They shut down over half of their internal studio's, focused on their two franchises that sold well (and Fable, lol) and went full throttle into the casual market.

Everyone has their opinion on each consoles exclusives and your stance is clear, but the facts are the facts, MS has all but ignored core gaming for that past 3 years.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Meh. I think youre making a bigger deal out of it than it actually is but whatever. I wasnt trying to justify anything but I was just making the point that to some gamers its not the huge deal that you make it out to be. But since I'm not in the category I described earlier (not liking PS3 titles) and I am getting a PS4 it doesnt really matter anyway. I do agree however that from a first party perspective MS isnt providing as many AAA core offerings as Sony.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-10-2013 at 14:59.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot

That's the great thing about being a dual-console owner. All the bragging in the world from either camp will just make me say..... I got both $#@!! I ain't missing a damn thing! You can't afford both? Sucks to be you!
    ne·glect

/niˈglekt/

Verb
    Fail to care for properly: "the old churchyard has been sadly neglected"; "some severely neglected children".
    Is releasing one game this year adequately caring for the core audience who brought your console to prominence? Not in my book! Luckily 3rd party is stepping up to look after MS's customers again.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Self moderation....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by jj03; 03-11-2013 at 03:08.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    They bloody should be.
    Then why everything else, besides the one reason we buy them for
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

PSU Technical Advisor

Superior Member

Microsoft developed and released Kinect to address that issue. It became the fastest selling consumer electronics device EVER. It sold 8 million in 60 days.......for a $150 accessory. Let me say that again.... an ACCESSORY! Some of those were bundles, but that's even more amazing cuz people bought a whole new console as a result.

Sony on the other hand had a much lower price point of entry with the Move then with the $150 Kinect. So you'd think they would sell even better. NOPE. They sold half as many moves in the first 60 days then the much higher priced Kinect. The PS3 and the Xbox 360 are neck and neck in consoles sold.....yet Microsoft managed to sell about 9 million more of the MORE expensive Kinect then Sony sold of the Move. I'd say that's a good reason for Microsoft to pour more resources into Kinect 2. But it doesn't mean they neglected the core gamer until I see substantial proof otherwise.

OH.... and a stupid thing about the statement "New Xbox 'Not Strictly About Games'" other than the fact that Sony and the PS4 aren't either is.......WTF does that have to do with HIS game? Somehow this stops him from making his game on the Xbox 720? Give me a break! Just because what the console offers isn't strictly about the games doesn't mean the guy can't be strictly about the games when making one on it.

There are a TON of other places where we can get the media and social stuff so that's a wash.

The games on the other hand are a different story. If you can get all of the multiplats on both consoles and 3-4 good exclusives on console A but 10+ good exclusives on console B, which would you choose?
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    All most all of there studios are now officially busy.Not to mention, they always announce their titles before E3. I don't hold out much hope of seeing more new launch titles form SCE themselves. It would be a nice surprise, but they have closed so many studios, and splitting what they have left between PS4 and vita, is a tough ask.
    You honestly need to keep up with the news. It's true that they shut down a few studios but they also bought a few too. They have 16 teams within those 12 studios. Most are working on the ps4 or are getting ready to work on the ps4(confirmed by Sony;not a wishful ass pull) And even if a few out of those 16 teams are working on vita, it's not the big deal you are portraying it to be. It's not a tough ask.

There is a strategy to the launch madness that you seem to be forgetting. You have 3rd party titles to compete with too. Sony aren't going to launch every exclusive they have in the works on day 1. It is a such thing as launch window. There's 4 exclusive titles in the launch window that we know of so far. 3 are day 1. 2 of those 3 are new i.p's. Sony themselves said that they are holding titles back to reveal at a later date. E3 and Tokyo game show. They do have to give them something besides western titles.

Despite what you believe, Sony has their ground covered. Sony is checking all the right boxes at the moment. This doesn't apply to you obviously but a lot of sony fans are sticking around. Gurilla games has a new i.p coming. Sony Santa Monica has a new i.p coming. Naughty Dog has their ps4 game in development(don't know if it's new or uncharted 4).
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-10-2013 at 20:28.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

25. Likes Coconut_Crunch likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I will buy a 360 + kinect, just for this game.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    More nervous back and forth and apologising for my liking. Too much is said of "just wait for MS to announce" - yet the same people are doubting Sony for not announcing as much (to their liking). Ignoring the very irony of their own statements.

People will be zealots no matter what - the same posting patterns, the same "sides" since forever.

One would think a Sony rep tied some posters to a chair and made them watch make sweet, sweet love to their wives.

Vitriolic and insane at its finest.
    I will buy a 360 + kinect, just for this game.
    ooh, racist!

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

28. Likes Nitey , YoungMullah88 likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    More nervous back and forth and apologising for my liking. Too much is said of "just wait for MS to announce" - yet the same people are doubting Sony for not announcing as much (to their liking). Ignoring the very irony of their own statements.

People will be zealots no matter what - the same posting patterns, the same "sides" since forever.

One would think a Sony rep tied some posters to a chair and made them watch make sweet, sweet love to their wives.

Vitriolic and insane at its finest.

ooh, racist!

THANK YOU +rep

Exactly what I'm saying

Sent from my Note II

Thread Information