Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 150
  1. #76
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,419
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,291 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    You honestly need to keep up with the news. It's true that they shut down a few studios but they also bought a few too. They have 16 teams within those 12 studios. Most are working on the ps4 or are getting ready to work on the ps4(confirmed by Sony;not a wishful ass pull) And even if a few out of those 16 teams are working on vita, it's not the big deal you are portraying it to be. It's not a tough ask.

    There is a strategy to the launch madness that you seem to be forgetting. You have 3rd party titles to compete with too. Sony aren't going to launch every exclusive they have in the works on day 1. It is a such thing as launch window. There's 4 exclusive titles in the launch window that we know of so far. 3 are day 1. 2 of those 3 are new i.p's. Sony themselves said that they are holding titles back to reveal at a later date. E3 and Tokyo game show. They do have to give them something besides western titles.

    Despite what you believe, Sony has their ground covered. Sony is checking all the right boxes at the moment. This doesn't apply to you obviously but a lot of sony fans are sticking around. Gurilla games has a new i.p coming. Sony Santa Monica has a new i.p coming. Naughty Dog has their ps4 game in development(don't know if it's new or uncharted 4).
    I keep up with the times.

    1 /Studio Japan, - Knack, Rain,The puppeter, Last Guardian
    2/ Poly Digital -GT6 (PS3 rumored)
    3/ Santa Monica -GOW:Ascension
    4/ GG- Kilzone 4, plus helping on Mercenaries
    5/ Sucker Punch - Second Son
    6/ Cambridge -Mercenaries
    7/ San Diegao -No doubt sports.
    9/ Naughty Dog -The Last of us (which they are all working -dont care what you guys think)
    10/Evo -Drive Club
    11/ Media Molecule -Vita game
    12/London -who knows?
    13/Bend -Hopefully Syphon Filter

    So again, I believe London and Bend might make something we don't know about, but I don't think anyone else has the resources at the moment.
    I guess with a new console, I want something new.


    My point is, if Sony want to gain, and not just hold ground, they need to introduce new blood.
    Unlke MS, who probably just need to introduce new blood regardless.

    Maybe they are after their existing fanbase right now, and want them to convert to the PS4 before hitting the other side of the equation.
    Of course it maybe to late by then, who knows.
    I would have thought, taking one risky and new tittle to entice others may have been an idea, that's all.

  2. #77
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Is releasing one game this year adequately caring for the core audience who brought your console to prominence? Not in my book! Luckily 3rd party is stepping up to look after MS's customers again.
    MS are only releasing 1 core game this year? Sounds like wishful thinking from yourself lol to suit your argument!

    I think E3 will make your post look silly.

  3. #78
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,932
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    6,813,331 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    MS are only releasing 1 core game this year? Sounds like wishful thinking from yourself lol to suit your argument!

    I think E3 will make your post look silly.
    People say that all the time. Cue Gears of War Kinect on rails and Halo 5.

  4. #79
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    People say that all the time. Cue Gears of War Kinect on rails and Halo 5.
    Crikey, If people are saying that to you all the time you need to change what you are saying/typing!

  5. #80
    Superior Member
    Old Man Gamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    858
    Rep Power
    24
    Points
    8,203 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    I think E3 will make your post look silly.
    I'm praying you're right. I'd rather stick with the Nextbox over the PS4.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

  6. #81
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    11,608 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    That's a terrible analogy and they have neglected the core, that is the entire point. They shut down over half of their internal studio's, focused on their two franchises that sold well (and Fable, lol) and went full throttle into the casual market.

    Everyone has their opinion on each consoles exclusives and your stance is clear, but the facts are the facts, MS has all but ignored core gaming for that past 3 years.
    First off Sony has closed a number of devs themselves.... so Microsoft isn't alone here. MS didn't close those for no good reason. My guess is they have plans for new studios in the Xbox 720 era. They've certainly been making better financial decisions then Sony. MS has a market cap of $234 billion vs. Sony's very meager $15 billion. That says a lot because people who buy stocks are putting their money on the line. Sony's empire has been crumbling in every area it's entered.... going from one of the best brand names (I had been pretty loyal to them for years) to almost a complete joke. Apple decimated the Walkman brand, Samsung and LG decimated their XBR and Bravia brands and the list goes on. Shuttering factories, big layoffs and big losses. PS3 wiped out their PS1 and PS2 profits COMBINED. They went from a 5:1 ratio over Xbox to only a 1:1 ratio at the END of this gen. That's pathetic! Nintendo has been cleaning their clock with the 3DS.

    I give Sony mass kudos for pumping out new IPs, but as many threads on here have complained..... they haven't sold in the big numbers you would expect from the size of the console base they have. And in the end it's a business and Sony hasn't been very good at that to say the least. That's why I think Microsoft hasn't invested as heavily into 1st party studios cuz they are a business. Microsoft would do so if they thought it would pay off. But Microsoft looks at Sony and says...boy....they invested in all those devs and where did it get Sony? A 1:1 sales ratio with our console at the end of the day.

    I'm not gonna fight over the "neglect" issue because it's all in the eyes of the beholder. If you think Microsoft is neglecting then nothing I will say will change that and the same holds true on my stance. We'll agree to disagree.

    Shingo said...


    I really suspect MS is paying some forum bots to support their product like a fanboy, yet advise them not to be seen as a fanboy, "you should say you are getting both console on day one on every topic"
    And I can say Sony paid YOU to DISCOUNT dual console owners with such a statement. Two can play that game.

    I don't want to miss games because I don't own the other platform....so I get the other platform TOO in order to avoid that. If you can't afford both consoles or see no need to, fine. But don't hate on those of us that do.

    I have a Xbox preference, but see no need to disparage the PlayStation brand in order to make me feel good about my purchase. Especially since I've owned all three PlayStation consoles and PS4 will make four. I remember all the talk on the net that once the PS3 came out it was game over for Xbox 360. That Microsoft should enjoy their temporary lead by default cuz of the 1 year head start. Didn't happen. Then they changed to when such and such a game is released it's over..... and they'd move on to the next game that was the supposed PS3 savior. Never happened. At the end of the gen they managed to FINALLY be at 1:1 and that drives Sony fans nuts. So they are pinning hopes that the PS4 will bury the Xbox 720 and that's not likely to happen. It may sell more, but Sony's past dominance is over. And that's a good thing for gaming.

    Speaking of the people who predicted it was over for the 360 and touting all the things that were gonna do it.... it reminds me of what a retired american profession football player (from the 1970s era Kansas City Chiefs) once told me.....

    He said "When we were winning the game, we'd still have some players on the other team trash talking us. Some of our players would trash talk them back. But not me. I didn't want to waste my time or energy. Whenever they'd get in my face to trash talk, I wouldn't say a word. I'd simply smile at them and quietly point up at the scoreboard. At the end of the day, the numbers on the board said all that needed to be said."

  7. #82
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    tdlr lol

    Shu Yoshida said after the PS4 reveal that it's a safe bet that all (most?) of Sony's studios are working on PS4 projects. Probably trollin'. Need confirmation from Mynd et al

  8. #83
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,096
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    28,043 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Playstation exists becuse of a bad deal gone wrong with Nintendo.
    The xbox exists because of the Playstation.
    I read an interview about that recently.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  9. #84
    Master Sage
    Two4DaMoney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Age
    27
    Posts
    12,712
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    18,479 (75,576 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    @mynd. We get what you are saying but that's not going to be a problem with Sony. You aren't keeping up to date fully because they have new i.p's confirmed in the works but you write them off because you don't know which studios have 2 teams.

    1 /Studio Japan, - Knack(PS4 New I.P.), Rain,The puppeter, Last Guardian
    2/ Poly Digital -GT6 ps3 or ps4(rumor;not confirmed)
    3/ Santa Monica -GOW:Ascension;PS4 New I.P.
    4/ GG- Kilzone SF(ps4);PS4 New I.P.
    5/ Sucker Punch - Second Son(ps4)
    6/ San Diegao -MLB The Show 14(ps4)
    7/ Naughty Dog -The Last of us;PS4 New I.P.
    8/Evo -Drive Club(PS4 New I.P.)
    9/ Media Molecule -Vita game; PS4 New I.P.
    10/London -???
    11/Bend -???
    12/Guerrilla Cambridge - KZ:mercs
    13/SOE - ???

    And that's only 1st party. There's also a lot of 2nd party studios that Sony works with. Quantic Dreams are making a new ps4 i.p. Insomniac isn't done with Ratchet and Clank(confirmed by them;PS4)

    New i.p's isn't going to be a problem.

    edit:nvm
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-11-2013 at 02:07.


  10. #85
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,419
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,291 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    tdlr lol

    Shu Yoshida said after the PS4 reveal that it's a safe bet that all (most?) of Sony's studios are working on PS4 projects. Probably trollin'. Need confirmation from Mynd et al
    I imagine those that aren't officially are prototyping stuff in the early stages, eg Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Media Molecule.

    But I cant imagine Cambridge doing anything for the Ps4.

    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    @mynd. We get what you are saying but that's not going to be a problem with Sony. You aren't keeping up to date fully because they have new i.p's confirmed in the works but you write them off because you don't know which studios have 2 teams.

    1 /Studio Japan, - Knack(PS4 New I.P.), Rain,The puppeter, Last Guardian
    2/ Poly Digital -GT6 ps3 or ps4(rumor;not confirmed)
    3/ Santa Monica -GOW:Ascension;PS4 New I.P.
    4/ GG- Kilzone SF(ps4);PS4 New I.P.
    5/ Sucker Punch - Second Son(ps4)
    6/ San Diegao -MLB The Show 14(ps4)
    7/ Naughty Dog -The Last of us;PS4 New I.P.
    8/Evo -Drive Club(PS4 New I.P.)
    9/ Media Molecule -Vita game; PS4 New I.P.
    10/London -???
    11/Bend -???
    12/Guerrilla Cambridge - KZ:mercs
    13/SOE - ???

    And that's only 1st party. There's also a lot of 2nd party studios that Sony works with. Quantic Dreams are making a new ps4 i.p. Insomniac isn't done with Ratchet and Clank(confirmed by them;PS4)

    New i.p's isn't going to be a problem.

    You really think GG is working yet another title for the PS4?

    As I said, I have no doubt SM, ND are prototyping stuff.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-11-2013 at 01:37.

  11. #86
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,276
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    47,411 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    @mynd. We get what you are saying but that's not going to be a problem with Sony. You aren't keeping up to date fully because they have new i.p's confirmed in the works but you write them off because you don't know which studios have 2 teams.

    1 /Studio Japan, - Knack(PS4 New I.P.), Rain,The puppeter, Last Guardian
    2/ Poly Digital -GT6 ps3 or ps4(rumor;not confirmed)
    3/ Santa Monica -GOW:Ascension;PS4 New I.P.
    4/ GG- Kilzone SF(ps4);PS4 New I.P.
    5/ Sucker Punch - Second Son(ps4)
    6/ San Diegao -MLB The Show 14(ps4)
    7/ Naughty Dog -The Last of us;PS4 New I.P.
    8/Evo -Drive Club(PS4 New I.P.)
    9/ Media Molecule -Vita game; PS4 New I.P.
    10/London -???
    11/Bend -???
    12/Guerrilla Cambridge - KZ:mercs
    13/SOE - ???

    And that's only 1st party. There's also a lot of 2nd party studios that Sony works with. Quantic Dreams are making a new ps4 i.p. Insomniac isn't done with Ratchet and Clank(confirmed by them;PS4)

    New i.p's isn't going to be a problem.
    Yeah but we don't know about them yet. /sarcasm

    Hey guys, remember when people were apologising/defending how only GeOw: Judgement was the only true exclusive this year; and how even though none are announced; and the SAME excuse was used ("we don't know about them yet")?

    Same thing with the NextBox when people were saying there won't be/might not be any (or many) exclusives on launch or launch window -same thing was said/excuesd - ("we don't know about them yet")?

    YET when people say the same about Sony - how 'they're in the same boat' as MS (regarding the amount of new IPs etc) - the VERY SAME people apologising on behalf of MS AND ATTACKING Sony - are the same ones breaking their own excuse and are apologising for MS!

    How surprising!! /sarcasm So basically, it's ok for MS to be all guarded and secretive and not announce anything up until or close to launch. But when Sony does it, they're either doomed or doing the wrong thing or going with a tricky strategy, or whatever some BS logic that person/people wish to apply with Sony, and Sony only.

    In short, #HatersGonHate and people are going to be hypocritical...

    I'm done with y'all - I'm sure we all know who these people are. It's LITERALLY the same posts with a slightly different twist. No need to see repeats.

    GFY
    Last edited by Admartian; 03-11-2013 at 01:52.
    Be Together - Not the same.



  12. Likes Shingo , Two4DaMoney likes this post
  13. #87
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm done with y'all - I'm sure we all know who these people are. It's LITERALLY the same posts with a slightly different twist. No need to see repeats.
    Yea it's borin' after a while . But there is some enjoyment to be had when reading them, as well as this dull sort of appreciation of their dedication and passion :3

  14. #88
    Dedicated Member
    PS3-The Ultimate Machine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    21
    Posts
    1,207
    Rep Power
    60
    Points
    2,082 (0 Banked)
    I'll wait till the April event before heralding the demise of xbox.
    But I will say this : ANY games console not focused on the core market will not be a long-term success, look at the wii - the console that started all this casual crap; it sold bucketloads for 4 and a half years and then sales died like a bullet to the brain. Sony has made its move, it is firmly focused on the games, the ball is in Microsoft's court. But if they do make it more media-centric (i.e. continue down the spiral they have chosen in recent years), Apple and Google will eat MS alive.
    There is NO reason to purchase an xbox or a playstation if you are not a proper gamer. All the multimedia stuff that Sony and MS could possibly put in there is already available at a MUCH cheaper price in the form of Apple/Google TV boxes, Android multimedia sticks(dunno what they're exactly called), and let's not forget that the tech savvy can build an HTPC system capable of 4k video playback in far less than $400. The only unique thing that these consoles have is the ability to play mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, spectacular games. If MS does not utilize that single differentiating factor, well, then all I can say is that I won't miss 'em.

  15. Likes mistercrow, mynd likes this post
  16. #89
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    11,608 (0 Banked)
    But when Sony does it,they're either doomed or doing the wrong thing or going with a tricky strategy
    Where has this been said? When it comes to new IPs, Microsoft is the one raked over the coals...not Sony.

  17. #90
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    15,217
    Rep Power
    116
    Points
    42,822 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yeah but we don't know about them yet. /sarcasm

    Hey guys, remember when people were apologising/defending how only GeOw: Judgement was the only true exclusive this year; and how even though none are announced; and the SAME excuse was used ("we don't know about them yet")?

    Same thing with the NextBox when people were saying there won't be/might not be any (or many) exclusives on launch or launch window -same thing was said/excuesd - ("we don't know about them yet")?

    YET when people say the same about Sony - how 'they're in the same boat' as MS (regarding the amount of new IPs etc) - the VERY SAME people apologising on behalf of MS AND ATTACKING Sony - are the same ones breaking their own excuse and are apologising for MS!

    How surprising!! /sarcasm So basically, it's ok for MS to be all guarded and secretive and not announce anything up until or close to launch. But when Sony does it, they're either doomed or doing the wrong thing or going with a tricky strategy, or whatever some BS logic that person/people wish to apply with Sony, and Sony only.

    In short, #HatersGonHate and people are going to be hypocritical...

    I'm done with y'all - I'm sure we all know who these people are. It's LITERALLY the same posts with a slightly different twist. No need to see repeats.

    GFY
    c'mon man, we all know sony is an open book that cant hold anything until its time for reveal!

    ^^^ you're not doing your job well then, if you've been "lurking this forums" for awhile now and decided to join up recently (i still believe you were banned and came back again...meh doesnt matter)

    your example is in this thread!
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 03-11-2013 at 01:58.

  18. #91
    Super Moderator
    Admartian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    New Zealand
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Age
    27
    Posts
    13,276
    Rep Power
    131
    Points
    47,411 (0 Banked)
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3-The Ultimate Machine View Post
    I'll wait till the April event before heralding the demise of xbox.
    But I will say this : ANY games console not focused on the core market will not be a long-term success, look at the wii - the console that started all this casual crap; it sold bucketloads for 4 and a half years and then sales died like a bullet to the brain. Sony has made its move, it is firmly focused on the games, the ball is in Microsoft's court. But if they do make it more media-centric (i.e. continue down the spiral they have chosen in recent years), Apple and Google will eat MS alive.
    There is NO reason to purchase an xbox or a playstation if you are not a proper gamer. All the multimedia stuff that Sony and MS could possibly put in there is already available at a MUCH cheaper price in the form of Apple/Google TV boxes, Android multimedia sticks(dunno what they're exactly called), and let's not forget that the tech savvy can build an HTPC system capable of 4k video playback in far less than $400. The only unique thing that these consoles have is the ability to play mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, spectacular games. If MS does not utilize that single differentiating factor, well, then all I can say is that I won't miss 'em.
    This.

    The irony is, if MS wanted to do this multimedia focus and put more emphasis on it a little more - if they only coupled that with continuing to allow and support their in house devs to make more new IPs (which aren't Kinect games) and true​ exclusives - then they can have the best of both worlds.

    They've built the eco-system with Win 8/Metro style etc - phones, tablet/Surface, and now Xbox. So it CAN be done and done quite well.

    But so far and altely, they seem to have forgotten the point of what the Xbox was originally intended for.

    Unless they're saving up for some megaton (MS: "we bought gaming. We now own all gaming. That is all." *all the usual suspects rejoice. other gamers are happy! so basically the same as the fanboys but without the fapping! ).
    Be Together - Not the same.



  19. #92
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,419
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,291 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Yeah but we don't know about them yet. /sarcasm
    PROBABLY BECAUSE THE POINT WAS BEING MADE ABOUT LAUNCH TITLES, NOT TITLES THAT WILL COME ALONG AT SOME OTHER TIME.
    Hey guys, remember when people were apologising/defending how only GeOw: Judgement was the only true exclusive this year; and how even though none are announced; and the SAME excuse was used ("we don't know about them yet")?

    Same thing with the NextBox when people were saying there won't be/might not be any (or many) exclusives on launch or launch window -same thing was said/excuesd - ("we don't know about them yet")?

    YET when people say the same about Sony - how 'they're in the same boat' as MS (regarding the amount of new IPs etc) - the VERY SAME people apologising on behalf of MS AND ATTACKING Sony - are the same ones breaking their own excuse and are apologising for MS!

    How surprising!! /sarcasm So basically, it's ok for MS to be all guarded and secretive and not announce anything up until or close to launch. But when Sony does it, they're either doomed or doing the wrong thing or going with a tricky strategy, or whatever some BS logic that person/people wish to apply with Sony, and Sony only.
    Oh please, get off your high horse, thats nothign like what has happened, and if you cant read me being equally critical (more cirtical actually) of MS then I dunno what to say, there seems to be one blind person in here.
    In short, #HatersGonHate and people are going to be hypocritical...

    I'm done with y'all - I'm sure we all know who these people are. It's LITERALLY the same posts with a slightly different twist. No need to see repeats.

    GFY
    And people who pick and choose what they read end up blind and not actually reading what people wrote.

    So we will recap for ya...

    -My point was in regards to LAUNCH titles.
    -We all know Sony will have other titles in the works for realese at a later time
    -I have consistently said BOTH sides need to launch new IP's.
    -I have also said I wouldn't be interested in MS if all they bought was Forza, Halo and Gears to the table.

    The fact that it can pointed out to you that Sony has only a couple of studios that potentially could have a ready game at launch irks you so much, tough, its not a slight, or criticism, its simply stating the facts..you aint about to get a new games from Santa Monica for launch. Get over it.
    Yes there is always the potential for Sony to surprise us at E3 (and probably will with 1 or 2 new titles but not necessarily launch titles), but given what they still have to announce (price, specific features, the box, and any exclusive deals they do with third party), I think there time will be more than already spent.

    Do I think they will show new IP's at E3? Of course they will.
    DO I think they will be launch titles? Unlikely.

    Id like any of them, I don't care who, to lead with a decent new core IP.

    Because something new is what its going to take for me to jump at either console.

    Quote Originally Posted by PS3-The Ultimate Machine View Post
    I'll wait till the April event before heralding the demise of xbox.
    But I will say this : ANY games console not focused on the core market will not be a long-term success, look at the wii - the console that started all this casual crap; it sold bucketloads for 4 and a half years and then sales died like a bullet to the brain. Sony has made its move, it is firmly focused on the games, the ball is in Microsoft's court. But if they do make it more media-centric (i.e. continue down the spiral they have chosen in recent years), Apple and Google will eat MS alive.
    There is NO reason to purchase an xbox or a playstation if you are not a proper gamer. All the multimedia stuff that Sony and MS could possibly put in there is already available at a MUCH cheaper price in the form of Apple/Google TV boxes, Android multimedia sticks(dunno what they're exactly called), and let's not forget that the tech savvy can build an HTPC system capable of 4k video playback in far less than $400. The only unique thing that these consoles have is the ability to play mind-blowing, jaw-dropping, spectacular games. If MS does not utilize that single differentiating factor, well, then all I can say is that I won't miss 'em.
    Which has been my point all along, and why I also feel "more of the same games" isn't going to cut it for me either.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-11-2013 at 02:08.

  20. Likes mistercrow likes this post
  21. #93
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    930
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    11,608 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    c'mon man, we all know sony is an open book that cant hold anything until its time for reveal!

    ^^^ you're not doing your job well then, if you've been "lurking this forums" for awhile now and decided to join up recently (i still believe you were banned and came back again...meh doesnt matter)

    your example is in this thread!
    Give me quotes of how people are saying Sony is "doomed or doing the wrong thing or going with a tricky strategy" when it comes to their 1st party studios and new IPs? I've certainly never faulted them for it. In fact..... I gave them kudos for it in this very thread.

  22. #94
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I'm praying you're right. I'd rather stick with the Nextbox over the PS4.
    I'd imagine we'l see a core game at the end of this year also on 360.

  23. #95
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,673
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Killzone and inFAMOUS are launch titles correct, and I think Knack too. Wouldn't make much sense to have more than that as 3rd partys need their field too. So youre probably right, we won't see anything for launch at E3 and if we do it'll be a huge surprise

    You really wouldn't be excited by Gears and Forza though? More Gears and Forza, Mynd

  24. #96
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,419
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,291 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Killzone and inFAMOUS are launch titles correct, and I think Knack too. Wouldn't make much sense to have more than that as 3rd partys need their field too. So youre probably right, we won't see anything for launch at E3 and if we do it'll be a huge surprise

    You really wouldn't be excited by Gears and Forza though? More Gears and Forza, Mynd
    My point originally was I would have liked to take the opportunity to have another new IP instead of either infamous:SS of KZ.

    We all knows Forza will get an iteration (like GT does), and no, not at all jumping at an Xbox if they announce Gears 4 of Halo 5 as launch titles, I simply wouldn't bother. Maybe in 18 months after launch, but to get me to jump up and spend in likely hood $800 NZ for a new console? Hello no, I want something I can say..hey that's new...

    FYI, my first games on the 360 were a mix, PGR3, and Kameo, but Kameo was the game I showed people when they wanted to know what the 360 could do. I was also lucky in that Gears launched a month after I got my 360. And that is no coincidence, I knew it was coming and I waited.

    As it stands, I think I'll be waiting again, for someone to get my interest.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-11-2013 at 02:48.

  25. #97
    Elite Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10,343
    Rep Power
    80
    Points
    65,541 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    My point originally was I would have liked to take the opportunity to have another new IP instead of either infamous:SS of KZ.

    We all knows Forza will get an iteration (like GT does), and no, not at all jumping at an Xbox if they announce Gears 4 of Halo 5 as launch titles, I simply wouldn't bother. Maybe in 18 months after launch, but to get me to jump up and spend in likely hood $800 NZ for a new console? Hello no, I want something I can say..hey that's new...

    FYI, my first games on the 360 were a mix, PGR3, and Kameo, but Kameo was the game I showed people when they wanted to know what the 360 could do. I was also lucky in that Gears launched a month after I got my 360. And that is no coincidence, I knew it was coming and I waited.

    As it stands, I think I'll be waiting again, for someone to get my interest.
    Same here. Those aren't the titles i'm looking forward to the most. Same with PS4. Another Killzone and Infamous really didn't get me excited. I was more excited about Watchdogs because it's something new and it doesn't have that 1st party hype behind it. I do like like a few exclusives from both MS and sony but sometimes I think people put way too much focus on what they publish. It's just my opinion, but I don't think neither publishes the best games for the industry, and I find myself craving games from elsewhere.

  26. #98
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,406
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    29,450 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They bloody should be.

    We can only hope that MS is.


    See I really wouldn't get it if there is a huge emphasis on family friendly kinect games, because that market isnt looking at buying the latest and greatest, they kick in at either

    a/ A cheaper launch price

    b/Later in the generation
    They do if it's an iPad, iPhone, etc. It just depends on if Microsoft can create the same hype for the next Xbox.

  27. #99
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    42
    Posts
    18,419
    Rep Power
    166
    Points
    209,291 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    They do if it's an iPad, iPhone, etc. It just depends on if Microsoft can create the same hype for the next Xbox.
    Yeah but thats a whole other demographic, they buy those things because its so dam easy to show them off.
    Flashing your latest mobile phone/tablet is easy to do, much more difficult to get the casual market excited about a box under their TV. Cant show that off so well...

  28. #100
    Extreme Poster
    mistercrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Texas
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Posts
    25,535
    Rep Power
    167
    Points
    169,417 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    Killzone and inFAMOUS are launch titles correct, and I think Knack too. Wouldn't make much sense to have more than that as 3rd partys need their field too. So youre probably right, we won't see anything for launch at E3 and if we do it'll be a huge surprise

    You really wouldn't be excited by Gears and Forza though? More Gears and Forza, Mynd
    Drive Club is confirmed to be a launch title as well.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.