Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 ... LastLast
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    More nervous back and forth and apologising for my liking. Too much is said of "just wait for MS to announce" - yet the same people are doubting Sony for not announcing as much (to their liking). Ignoring the very irony of their own statements.

People will be zealots no matter what - the same posting patterns, the same "sides" since forever.

One would think a Sony rep tied some posters to a chair and made them watch make sweet, sweet love to their wives.

Vitriolic and insane at its finest.
    Oh please. Theres people from both camps that are like that. And both pretend that its only the other camp that does it.lol I see plenty of biased drivel on this forum from both sides.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 03-11-2013 at 08:31.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Both sides have their fun for sure. No one ought to take it too seriously.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Drive Club is confirmed to be a launch title as well.
    Aw hell yeah.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    Oh please. Theres people from both camps that are like that. And both pretend that its only the other camp that does it.lol I see plenty of biased drivel on this forum from both sides.
    Pretty much this. We all have opinions on what we think, but that hardly excuses anyone from being somewhat biased. It's human nature. We all have preferences. But as ghost said, nothing to take too seriously.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Both sides have their fun for sure. No one ought to take it too seriously.
    Exactly. At the end of the day we pick the console or consoles we enjoy regardless of what random people on internet gaming forums have to say about it. Nothing worth getting emotional about. lol

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    It's not the biasedness rad - it's the constant non-joy and, derailment, and "oh, look a positive thread - we'll see about that *cracks knuckles*".

Respectfully speaking, I think you (and to the other guys) are mistaken for thinking I'm speaking against the one side only. I'm not. Preference and bias I get - we all have them. I've been on Playstation consoles since forever. But you don't see "oh $#@! MS posts or MS is in trouble" posts over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over (repeat for 6+ years...) again.

I am directing it more at certain groups simply because it's out of context on this place - because nothing has changed. Because it doesn't make sense for me to hang out at a place that I clearly despise/don't care for the very purpose it exists.

No one is saying anyone should go.

Just saying it's dumb$#@! behavior to rebutt anything and everything because you're not Team PS or whatever.

There's a fine line...

Peace.

EDIT:
    No one has said that no one can't be biased. Where the hell did I say that?SMH

My point was why try to argue with everyone and piss on everything...
    Be Together - Not the same.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    It's not the biasedness rad - it's the constant non-joy and, derailment, and "oh, look a positive thread - we'll see about that *cracks knuckles*".

Respectfully speaking, I think you (and to the other guys) are mistaken for thinking I'm speaking against the one side only. I'm not. Preference and bias I get - we all have them. I've been on Playstation consoles since forever. But you don't see "oh $#@! MS posts or MS is in trouble" posts over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over (repeat for 6+ years...) again.
    Your in one now, and yeah, ya do, in fact you be hard pressed to find a "well done MS post ever anywhere here", the nearest thing is the sales threads which got buried, because it attracted to much negative attention.
    I am directing it more at certain groups simply because it's out of context on this place - because nothing has changed. Because it doesn't make sense for me to hang out at a place that I clearly despise/don't care for the very purpose it exists.

Just saying it's dumb$#@! behavior to rebutt anything and everything because you're not Team PS or whatever.

There's a fine line...

Peace.

EDIT:

People can be critical, its not dumb$#@! behaviour at all.

Lets take the article about the analyst who said Sony had over taken MS.

Some of said..hey wait a minute its an anyalyst, not official, and he has a pretty awful track record...

Ehhhh wrong..we are negative $#@!ing $#@!es and we know $#@! and we are trolls and we don't know what it going on ....and why do we have to piss on the parade....

Fast forward a month....the actual sales thread get barley a mention...nary we draw attention to how incredibly stupid people looked in a thread were most of just said...hang on a tick..this aint official...

Now fast forward to present, were Pachter predicts Xbox is going to win blah blah...this time "he is only an analyst".

I try not to piss on any ones parade for the sake of pissing on parades, but if I do see an issue, or a weakness, I will point it out.

And you know what happens when people cant win an argument with logic, they resort to pointing th finger at others as some sore of derailer, or troll, of "oh your camp is this or that".

Its a $#@!ing joke, logic and critical thinking doesn't seem to have a place in these forums, where once it was nothing BUT that. Ive been here for 7 years, and lurked for a while before I ever posted, and its as wors enow than its ever been.

Thread sgo like this..

Poster 1: Logical point 1.

Poster 2: Whos going to listen to you your a $#@!ing troll, Im sick of this negative $#@!!

Poster 3: Brand X is definitely bringing the goods

Poster 4: WTF poster 1, you dont even know what your talking about.

Poster 1: What do yo umean POster 4, I mean look at fact x, fact y fact z,

Poster 2: $#@! off your such a negative $#@!, you always piss on peoples parades...blah blah blah.

Some great conversations, the points get lost in a constant bashing of the WRITER, not the point he or she is trying to make.

So I say to you, your in a negative thread, made about a throw away comment form someone one who is completely in the dark in regards to what is going on with the Xbox development, and yet the thread still exsists.

Is ther eanything worthy in what Blow said?
    Not a thing, not a $#@!ing single thing, he doesnt even know what going on with the xbox.

Why do we have this thread..because its somehow newsworthy?
    Nope, is it here to prove a point? Nope.

If some of us choose ot point out thta "being more than games" is probably something both consoles will do, and its a wash, and that they SHOULD BOTH choose to excite us with news games, does that make it a negative thread all of a sudden, well apparently it does.

8. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Apprentice
    Looks like there is to much of wishing and hoping in this topic from both sides. Why not just get excited for the games? haha
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    Looks like there is to much of wishing and hoping in this topic from both sides. Why not just get excited for the games? haha
    Well exactly - I don't see how over the years certain people can hold such a slanted (almost forced? at least imo) view of other games.

I enjoy the games that I do play, and either don't care (neutrally) or hold no opinion on those that I can't or don't.

I certainly don't attack them or slyly always naysay them...

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Well exactly - I don't see how over the years certain people can hold such a slanted (almost forced? at least imo) view of other games.

I enjoy the games that I do play, and either don't care (neutrally) or hold no opinion on those that I can't or don't.

I certainly don't attack them or slyly always naysay them...
    WTF are you on about? Who has attacked any games on here? Outside of being bored with the ones you either

a/play

b/ hold no opinion on those that I can't or don't.

When you can come up with a cognitive post that bears any resemblance to what has been posted let me know.

Because no one has attacked any games in this thread, slyly or otherwise, other than to say that franchises might be getting a bit fatigued.

Man, what happened to you.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-12-2013 at 01:25.

12. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Why would the Braid dev be in the dark about the next Xbox?

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by sainraja View Post
    Why would the Braid dev be in the dark about the next Xbox?
    Err because he said he was?

“I don’t have good communication with anyone at Microsoft right now, and haven’t been disclosed on their next console, but all our technical people like the PS4 specs a lot more than the leaked Durango specs, and we like the positioning of the PS4 (it’s about games) a lot more than what we perceive Microsoft’s positioning is going to be.”
    http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/22/the-...lusivity-deal/

I quoted all this and more on the very first page.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-12-2013 at 03:12.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Your in one now, and yeah, ya do, in fact you be hard pressed to find a "well done MS post ever anywhere here", the nearest thing is the sales threads which got buried, because it attracted to much negative attention.

People can be critical, its not dumb$#@! behaviour at all.

Lets take the article about the analyst who said Sony had over taken MS.

Some of said..hey wait a minute its an anyalyst, not official, and he has a pretty awful track record...

Ehhhh wrong..we are negative $#@!ing $#@!es and we know $#@! and we are trolls and we don't know what it going on ....and why do we have to piss on the parade....

Fast forward a month....the actual sales thread get barley a mention...nary we draw attention to how incredibly stupid people looked in a thread were most of just said...hang on a tick..this aint official...

Now fast forward to present, were Pachter predicts Xbox is going to win blah blah...this time "he is only an analyst".

I try not to piss on any ones parade for the sake of pissing on parades, but if I do see an issue, or a weakness, I will point it out.

And you know what happens when people cant win an argument with logic, they resort to pointing th finger at others as some sore of derailer, or troll, of "oh your camp is this or that".

Its a $#@!ing joke, logic and critical thinking doesn't seem to have a place in these forums, where once it was nothing BUT that. Ive been here for 7 years, and lurked for a while before I ever posted, and its as wors enow than its ever been.

Thread sgo like this..

Poster 1: Logical point 1.

Poster 2: Whos going to listen to you your a $#@!ing troll, Im sick of this negative $#@!!

Poster 3: Brand X is definitely bringing the goods

Poster 4: WTF poster 1, you dont even know what your talking about.

Poster 1: What do yo umean POster 4, I mean look at fact x, fact y fact z,

Poster 2: $#@! off your such a negative $#@!, you always piss on peoples parades...blah blah blah.

Some great conversations, the points get lost in a constant bashing of the WRITER, not the point he or she is trying to make.

So I say to you, your in a negative thread, made about a throw away comment form someone one who is completely in the dark in regards to what is going on with the Xbox development, and yet the thread still exsists.

Is ther eanything worthy in what Blow said?
    Not a thing, not a $#@!ing single thing, he doesnt even know what going on with the xbox.

Why do we have this thread..because its somehow newsworthy?
    Nope, is it here to prove a point? Nope.

If some of us choose ot point out thta "being more than games" is probably something both consoles will do, and its a wash, and that they SHOULD BOTH choose to excite us with news games, does that make it a negative thread all of a sudden, well apparently it does.
    Somethings never change. We all know the OP is the biggest Xbox hater that is why we have threads like this. Unfortunately, some people just sit back and wait to jump on the first negative rumor that pops up about Sony, Microsoft, or Nintendo just so they can promote their console of choice. If we are going there, anyone wonder why Sony isn't using their renowned Cell in PS4? Im just saying, if it was so great and all. Boy would that be a nice thread to start of this upcoming console war.

16. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    If anyone thinks that even independent developers are biased too, then how can they have no right to suprise or blame gamers, to choose one side over another. Whatever it is every dev shouted many times ps3 programming is hard to deal with, too many times and Sony accept this statement, gave almost 10 minutes of the conferance to devs, not gamers,tried to tell how easy ps4 is to develop games. He is a developer and stated something that concerns about the way of MS handling its new console and he hope them to give up this clear mistake.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Shingo View Post
    If anyone thinks that even independent developers are biased too, then how can they have no right to suprise or blame gamers, to choose one side over another. Whatever it is every dev shouted many times ps3 programming is hard to deal with, too many times and Sony accept this statement, gave almost 10 minutes of the conferance to devs, not gamers,tried to tell how easy ps4 is to develop games. He is a developer and stated something that concerns about the way of MS handling its new console and he hope them to give up this clear mistake.
    What mistake, he doesn't even know what MS is making. He is going off rumor. Its not like he has a clue what MS is actually creating, none of us do.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-12-2013 at 07:29.

Superior Member

What mistake, he doest even know what MS is making. He is going off rumour. Its not like he has a clue what MS is actually creating, non of us do.
    You honestly don't think a very successful developer doesn't have more inside information about these consoles then us?

That said he doesn't like Microsofts business model. Big deal. Everyone knows Microsoft has a much stricter stance on selling products on their marketplace and many independent developers don't like working with them because they bully people and force things on them to push Microsofts agenda. I'm not saying Sony doesn't do this to some degree but we all know Sony is much more flexible and well known for having a more open design.

So the guy doesn't like Microsofts business model..it doesn't fit what he is trying to do as a developer....simple as that. He also is an industry insider...who works with and consults with many developers across many studios. You don't think he hasn't heard the things Microsoft is pushing with their next console. I think that is naive. Unless Microsoft hasn't even started on their console it is pretty easy to guess that these devs talk in the community they share. Its just one developer....his opinion is his....he doesn't know end specs and end designs but no doubt he has information (that could change) about the new consoles....because its his business to know. How can you make plans moving forward for your business if you don't do your research about your market. He has...and evidently he has chosen to move forward partnering at least for now to work with Sony because it best suits his goals. Doesn't mean that won't change but is it so hard to believe he hasn't made this choice without seriously thinking and researching it?

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus View Post
    If we are going there, anyone wonder why Sony isn't using their renowned Cell in PS4? Im just saying, if it was so great and all. Boy would that be a nice thread to start of this upcoming console war.
    lol. I mentioned that 2 weeks ago in the "World Exclusive: Durango's GPU" thread. No one wants to hear that. haha

What mistake, he doest even know what MS is making. He is going off rumour. Its not like he has a clue what MS is actually creating, non of us do.
    It truly is amazing isn't it. Chalk it up to $#@!ed up comprehension and move on I suggest. They don't want to hear it so it won't be heard.

21. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    You honestly don't think a very successful developer doesn't have more inside information about these consoles then us?
    Consider he said "I don’t have good communication with anyone at Microsoft right now, and haven’t been disclosed on their next console", then uhhh yeah.
    That said he doesn't like Microsofts business model. Big deal. Everyone knows Microsoft has a much stricter stance on selling products on their marketplace and many independent developers don't like working with them because they bully people and force things on them to push Microsofts agenda. I'm not saying Sony doesn't do this to some degree but we all know Sony is much more flexible and well known for having a more open design.

So the guy doesn't like Microsofts business model..it doesn't fit what he is trying to do as a developer....simple as that. He also is an industry insider...who works with and consults with many developers across many studios. You don't think he hasn't heard the things Microsoft is pushing with their next console. I think that is naive. Unless Microsoft hasn't even started on their console it is pretty easy to guess that these devs talk in the community they share. Its just one developer....his opinion is his....he doesn't know end specs and end designs but no doubt he has information (that could change) about the new consoles....because its his business to know. How can you make plans moving forward for your business if you don't do your research about your market. He has...and evidently he has chosen to move forward partnering at least for now to work with Sony because it best suits his goals. Doesn't mean that won't change but is it so hard to believe he hasn't made this choice without seriously thinking and researching it?
    Again, he said he has no idea.

No one is going to risk their NDA to let slip anything about the 720, even if it is to another developer. Especially to a indie.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-12-2013 at 07:42.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Quote Originally Posted by davin_g View Post
    He has...and evidently he has chosen to move forward partnering at least for now to work with Sony because it best suits his goals. Doesn't mean that won't change but is it so hard to believe he hasn't made this choice without seriously thinking and researching it?
    Definitely what i meant. At least he heard romours like we all do and a little bit more from us for sure. There are two kind of developers, studios in gaming in "merit" aspect. A-doing it for just money EA, Activision B- doing it for money and think of gaming as an art. Heavy rains developeris the best example I can think of, Journey, Unfinished swan. And this guy too. Everyone has opinions about companies and I see very clear ( I am not saying I ever talk to any of them ) XBOX is absolutely A kind of group, this is way I haven't touched their gamepad, even for once. Is it reasonable for a gamer? I simply don't care. But I never never see myself taking A over B, as long as B exists my cash will be there for them...
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow

There's a fine line...

Peace.

EDIT:

Wow. lol Its just not worth getting so worked up about.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Wow. lol Its just not worth getting so worked up about.
    Wall of text doesn't necessarily = "worked up". Waffling? Drivel? Sure.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucleus View Post
    Somethings never change. We all know the OP is the biggest Xbox hater that is why we have threads like this.
    THIS!

Why are the mods afraid to deal with him? It's not that there is a negative story about the Xbox, but he only comes to this section to post negative stories. That's it.
    If there is not some sort of real contribution then there should be nothing at all.

I always wondered what happened to the kids in high school that everyone picked on. Now I think we know.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    THIS!

Why are the mods afraid to deal with him? It's not that there is a negative story about the Xbox, but he only comes to this section to post negative stories. That's it.
    If there is not some sort of real contribution then there should be nothing at all.

I always wondered what happened to the kids in high school that everyone picked on. Now I think we know.
    This behaviour has gone on with people from both sides for ages and ages. I could identify a few members who only ever posted negative articles in the Sony sections...to the point I could guess the member without seeing the OP . Posting negative articles isn't an issue for the mods, people just have to re-adjust their attitudes and realise that so long as the conversation remains civil, any article can be posted in any section, regardless if it sucks off or $#@!s on the readers console of choice.

28. Likes Two4DaMoney likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This behaviour has gone on with people from both sides for ages and ages. I could identify a few members who only ever posted negative articles in the Sony sections...to the point I could guess the member without seeing the OP . Posting negative articles isn't an issue for the mods, people just have to re-adjust their attitudes and realise that so long as the conversation remains civil, any article can be posted in any section, regardless if it sucks off or $#@!s on the readers console of choice.
    This.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    If Microsoft wants my money, and I want to give it to them, they had better have a tonne of exclusive games and damn well focus on continuously bringing them - and not in the form of $#@!ty xbla titles

Via Tapatalk

31. Likes mistercrow likes this post

Thread Information