Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well, there's one thing we know for sure. If the 720 rumors are true then JB will prefer the ps4 over it.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

PSN ID
    matt1y77
    @ MYND

"I should have bought a PS3, I dam near did not long ago.
    What I really want is someone to show me game that is going to make me buy their console"

I'm not into this "my console is better than your`s stuff"...however with this quote from you above I just want to point something out to you. If you have never played Imfamous 2 (which you cannot of done if you don't own a ps3) may I suggest that you try it!
    Then you would want to play second son the moment it comes out! I am a 40 yo, and I have been playing games since I was 9. So I think I can say I have seen most thing in the games industry. Now with that in mind I would like to say that Imfamous 2 is the best third person adventure I have ever played, yes I love assassins creed games, but just for the sheer fun of being a super-hero in a devastated city fill with massive monsters & the whole thing looking good enough to eat make this one of the best current gen titles! Without any doubt this game is stunning, and once you have played it and had loads of fun doing so, then maybe you will understand why PS3 gamer`s cannot wait for the new console!
    Last edited by sharky742; 03-12-2013 at 15:06.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    This behaviour has gone on with people from both sides for ages and ages. I could identify a few members who only ever posted negative articles in the Sony sections...to the point I could guess the member without seeing the OP . Posting negative articles isn't an issue for the mods, people just have to re-adjust their attitudes and realise that so long as the conversation remains civil, any article can be posted in any section, regardless if it sucks off or $#@!s on the readers console of choice.
    I guess you're right. I suppose rising above the level of the dredges is the proper thing to do.

My mindset has always been to stay away from something that you have absolutely no interest in (especially if that interest is only negative) since it demonstrates a high level immaturity.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    I guess you're right. I suppose rising above the level of the dredges is the proper thing to do.

My mindset has always been to stay away from something that you have absolutely no interest in (especially if that interest is only negative) since it demonstrates a high level immaturity.
    It's that ganglife mentality. ps3/360 turf wars. Take a shot at one of ours, we take 2 shots at you and yours. It's only going to get worse if these rumors turn out to be true about the nextbox.

Destiny and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor is all I need for the rest of the year.

5. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Wall of text doesn't necessarily = "worked up". Waffling? Drivel? Sure.
    It wasnt the wall of text that made me say that youre worked up. Just read your post dude. lol

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Even though I don't have an Xbox I still wonder in here just for the entertainment and this topic sure has it. lol

Superior Member
    Lefein isn't the biggest Xbox hater, but he's up there in the top 10 for sure. At least he admits it. He just hates Microsoft in general. Don't even get him started on OpenGL vs. DirectX. He hates DirectX with a passion.

I say let him keep posting negative Xbox news...... at least his intentions are transparent and easily dismissed. I'm still getting an Xbox 720 regardless of his posts.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Lefein is a good guy though. I've had many good and interesting pm conversations with him even during my gung ho 360 days. Both camps have certain members that enjoy dropping negative articles in the opposing console section. No big deal though because it makes for entertaining threads like this one.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Lefein isn't the biggest Xbox hater, but he's up there in the top 10 for sure. At least he admits it. He just hates Microsoft in general. Don't even get him started on OpenGL vs. DirectX. He hates DirectX with a passion.

I say let him keep posting negative Xbox news...... at least his intentions are transparent and easily dismissed. I'm still getting an Xbox 720 regardless of his posts.
    Not as transparent as yours though. I'd say why not find an Xbox forum to call home but I imagine you already do. So really what's the point

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I wouldn't blame Lef, hell i count him as friend any day of the week. It comes from these articles themselves. In this case the article itself isnt even bad, Blow explains that he knows nothing but the same rumours. Its the headlines that usually are designed to grab things and take them out of context.

This is by no means platform specific journalism. I would suspect it has more to do with getting hits on websites.

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Not as transparent as yours though. I'd say why not find an Xbox forum to call home but I imagine you already do. So really what's the point
    Lefein is highly unlikely to get an Xbox 720, but I'm for sure getting a PS4. That's the major difference.

I still like Sony's HD video cameras, but I'm done with just about everything else they make. Although my mother has a Sony "liv" clock radio with a brilliant alarm setup. Might have to pick one up some day.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    It wasnt the wall of text that made me say that youre worked up. Just read your post dude. lol
    But then you're just insinuating now! Which isn't fair, tbh. I could say you're being condescending with that post (which most likely, you aren't being) - which would be the same thing.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    i rather have someone like lefein (no hidden agenda, the guy just does not like MS! simple) in this forums than the ones that go around parading that they are multi-console owners (or interested in the playstation) just so they can troll! thats the worst, the "in my opinion" crowd, theres nothing more annoying than that $#@!! or the banned known trolls that are back and always claim after each sentence, "of course ill be getting a ps4" lol

at least he doesnt go around measuring how much millions of fun people have with a game

15. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    But then you're just insinuating now! Which isn't fair, tbh. I could say you're being condescending with that post (which most likely, you aren't being) - which would be the same thing.
    If you say so.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    i rather have someone like lefein (no hidden agenda, the guy just does not like MS! simple) in this forums than the ones that go around parading that they are multi-console owners (or interested in the playstation) just so they can troll! thats the worst, the "in my opinion" crowd, theres nothing more annoying than that $#@!! or the banned known trolls that are back and always claim after each sentence, "of course ill be getting a ps4" lol

at least he doesnt go around measuring how much millions of fun people have with a game
    lol THIS x 100. There are people here who clearly drop the multi-console owning card because they feel it somehow eradicates the possibility of bias from their opinions. Suddenly you are exempt because you own both consoles and are allowed to have strong opinions with immunity to the often errornously used "fanboy" label. These people know who they are...and so does just about everyone else. If you have an opinion or a stance, have the balls to stand by it without trying to distort or manipulate it. Explain the reason for your stance in a civil manner and be able to explain and defend it without resorting to personal attacks and snarky stealth trolling posts and then all's good.

PlayStation 3 is a $#@!ing lame piece of $#@!, PSN sucks, the exclusives sell like $#@! and the multi-platforms are a joke...it's CLEARLY ther inferior gaming platform. I have both consoles so I know.

18. Likes Nitey , Admartian likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

How does one measure fun?

Quote Originally Posted by sharky742 View Post
    @ MYND

"I should have bought a PS3, I dam near did not long ago.
    What I really want is someone to show me game that is going to make me buy their console"

I'm not into this "my console is better than your`s stuff"...however with this quote from you above I just want to point something out to you. If you have never played Imfamous 2 (which you cannot of done if you don't own a ps3) may I suggest that you try it!
    Then you would want to play second son the moment it comes out! I am a 40 yo, and I have been playing games since I was 9. So I think I can say I have seen most thing in the games industry. Now with that in mind I would like to say that Imfamous 2 is the best third person adventure I have ever played, yes I love assassins creed games, but just for the sheer fun of being a super-hero in a devastated city fill with massive monsters & the whole thing looking good enough to eat make this one of the best current gen titles! Without any doubt this game is stunning, and once you have played it and had loads of fun doing so, then maybe you will understand why PS3 gamer`s cannot wait for the new console!
    I don't doubt infamous is a good game, but it's the genre that falls flat on me, I cant seem to get into open city games that well. I tried games like Crackdown and GTA 4, and they struggled to keep me interested.
    Hell I've just finished AC:Rev and that was a grind. And I actually liked Brotherhood and II. When I looked back I realize I was driven by the story in the other two, not by the open world nature of the game (and I mean I loved AC II -1000 Gamerscore). The story in Rev was just crappy and dull and did not inspire me one bit. I also have sleeping dogs half finished on my shelf.

Ive always been a story driven guy, one of the reason I loved adventure games in the day I think.
    Also I think why many games get started by me (because they all generally have a good story as intro, but then fail to carry it on) and then get left half complete on the shelf.

One of the reasons a game like Heavy Rain interests me.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-12-2013 at 20:55.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    If you say so.
    lol I can't force you (short of a a really aggressive letter ) to think anythign, but all I can say is that it's wrong. No worries either way.

This.

Just come out already, people.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    lol THIS x 100. There are people here who clearly drop the multi-console owning card because they feel it somehow eradicates the possibility of bias from their opinions. Suddenly you are exempt because you own both consoles and are allowed to have strong opinions with immunity to the often errornously used "fanboy" label. These people know who they are...and so does just about everyone else. If you have an opinion or a stance, have the balls to stand by it without trying to distort or manipulate it. Explain the reason for your stance in a civil manner and be able to explain and defend it without resorting to personal attacks and snarky stealth trolling posts and then all's good.

PlayStation 3 is a $#@!ing lame piece of $#@!, PSN sucks, the exclusives sell like $#@! and the multi-platforms are a joke...it's CLEARLY ther inferior gaming platform. I have both consoles so I know.
    This. Too.

I don't think ownership is a ticket to that. Though in saying that, you'd think after investing in a product, and providing you use it fairly regularly that you'd have a different (Or at least mild) opinion about it.

Or at the very least if you've had a bad experiences that you'd get over it after a while. (The amount of products that have broken for me you'd think I'd be ranting about watches, MP3 players, Laptops , cars etc on here going by some posters' logic )
    Last edited by Admartian; 03-12-2013 at 21:00.

Superior Member

You sound like the some of the intolerant boobs in the gay community. My friend is bi-sexual and he couldn't believe some the derision he got for being so from a lot of gay men. They told him to make up his mind, get off the fence and stop trying to have it both ways. They accused him of doing so only so that he would be accepted in both crowds. The crowd that has always preached tolerance, weren't so tolerant themselves. The irony is that after 20 years of him dating men 90% of the time, he's done with men and wants to marry a woman and have kids with her.

Apparently you are intolerant of multi-console owners. I've said I have a Xbox PREFERENCE in one of my posts... not a devotion. But I like PlayStation as well. I've owned all three of Sony's consoles. PS1 was my primary console in it's day but the PS2 and PS3 were my secondary consoles I bought only for their exclusives. Otherwise my primary consoles during the PS2/PS3 eras were my Dreamcast, Xbox and Xbox 360.

As for you'd rather have people have a blatant agenda then hidden ones? The blatant ones are worse because instead of suspecting they are trolls.... they DEFINITELY are trolls when they go into the section of the console they hate to rip or downplay it in some way.

I don't like Nintendo anymore and I'm done with them. That's a blatant declaration. And because of that, I never have nor ever would go into the Nintendo section of this site...... cuz that would be straight trolling.

There are a lot of Xbox haters in this thread and in the Xbox section. Always talking about how the PS4 is the only console they need to buy and constantly asking others why there is a need to bother with the Xbox when it's got little to no exclusives worth buying and has almost no features that Sony isn't already providing on it's consoles. Why? Trolling....plain and simple. They only see Xbox as a thorn in Sony's side. The obstacle keeping their console of choice from achieving complete and utter world domination.

A lot of (not all) Sony fans are just as $#@!y and arrogant as Sony once was. Only difference is....Sony was humbled this gen and a lot of their $#@!y arrogance went away. I like the new Sony attitude-wise compared to the old Sony. unfortunately a lot of their fan's attitudes didn't evolve along with them.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 03-13-2013 at 01:47.

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    lol I can't force you (short of a a really aggressive letter ) to think anythign, but all I can say is that it's wrong. No worries either way.
    Dude I was just pulling your chain a little bit with my last comment. Hence the laughing icon. Dont worry be happy.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    You sound like the some of the intolerant boobs in the gay community. My friend is bi-sexual and he couldn't believe some the derision he got for being so from a lot of gay men. They told him to make up his mind, get off the fence and stop trying to have it both ways. They accused him of doing so only so that he would be accepted in both crowds. The crowd that has always preached tolerance, weren't so tolerant themselves. The irony is that after 20 years of him dating men 90% of the time, he's done with men and wants to marry a women and have kids with her.

Apparently you are intolerant of multi-console owners. I've said I have a Xbox PREFERENCE in one of my posts... not a devotion. But I like PlayStation as well. I've owned all three of Sony's consoles. PS1 was my primary console in it's day but the PS2 and PS3 were my secondary consoles I bought only for their exclusives. Otherwise my primary consoles during the PS2/PS3 eras were my Dreamcast, Xbox and Xbox 360.

As for you'd rather have people have a blatant agenda then hidden ones? The blatant ones are worse because instead of suspecting they are trolls.... they DEFINITELY are trolls when they go into the section of the console they hate to rip or downplay it in some way.

I don't like Nintendo anymore and I'm done with them. That's a blatant declaration. And because of that, I never have nor ever would go into the Nintendo section of this site...... cuz that would be straight trolling.

There are a lot of Xbox haters in this thread and in the Xbox section. Always talking about how the PS4 is the only console they need to buy and constantly asking others why there is a need to bother with the Xbox when it's got little to no exclusives worth buying and has almost no features that Sony isn't already providing on it's consoles. Why? Trolling....plain and simple. They only see Xbox as a thorn in Sony's side. The obstacle keeping their console of choice from achieving complete and utter world domination.

A lot of (not all) Sony fans are just as $#@!y and arrogant as Sony once was. Only difference is....Sony was humbled this gen and a lot of their $#@!y arrogance went away. I like the new Sony attitude-wise compared to the old Sony. unfortunately a lot of their fan's attitudes didn't evolve along with them.

sigh, guess i hit a nerve?...this is a PLAYSTATION FORUMS! its like a straight man walking into a gay bar and trying to convince them that being gay is wrong lol....ok let me stop with.

i can understand if this was a multiplatform forums but really it is not! i am not condoning people trolling (hell the last infraction i got was in a Halo thread where i said, "people are easily impressed when it comes to a 360 exclusive" lol i got $#@!ing reported WTF?)...theres nothing wrong doing it every now and then but the constant barrage of the obvious members (more prevalent from the 360 side, its like they have to prove a point why the 360/next xbox is relevant!...in a ps3/ps4 article...ugh thats what teamxbox is for) trolling every single $#@!ing sony article is just....

still cant believe he used a gay analogy lmao....pretty sure all these off topic posts will get deleted lol (sorry for making yall work mods).

anyways as of right now im more interested in seeing how sony will $#@! up all this good fortunes they've been garnering lol, we all know its a matter of time (be it the price point or some dumbass decision to exclude a feature that every body wants)...
    Last edited by YoungMullah88; 03-12-2013 at 22:48.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    You sound like the some of the intolerant boobs in the gay community. My friend is bi-sexual and he couldn't believe some the derision he got for being so from a lot of gay men. They told him to make up his mind, get off the fence and stop trying to have it both ways. They accused him of doing so only so that he would be accepted in both crowds. The crowd that has always preached tolerance, weren't so tolerant themselves. The irony is that after 20 years of him dating men 90% of the time, he's done with men and wants to marry a women and have kids with her.

etc
    Your analogies get worse by the day I hope this isn't how you really see the world

Time for my own terrible analogy

A scouser wearing a liverpool top walks into Goodison Park and begins slating Everton and its fans whilst talking up Liverpool FC. He expects to be treated kindly just because one side of his family is blue and the other red.

25. Likes Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Dude I was just pulling your chain a little bit with my last comment. Hence the laughing icon. Dont worry be happy.
    lol i gotcha.

Your analogies get worse by the day I hope this isn't how you really see the world

A scouser wearing a liverpool top walks into Goodison Park and begins slating Everton and its fans whilst talking up Liverpool FC. He expects to be treated kindly just because one side of his family is blue and the other red.
    That's actually quite a fitting analogy.
    Last edited by Admartian; 03-12-2013 at 23:04.

Superior Member

Your analogy was worse. Especially since I haven't been slanting the PS4. I was glad they went x86 and ditched the Cell. Happy with 8GB of RAM and even happier it was GDDR5. The cross game chat is very welcomed and being able to play PS1/PS2/PS3 games through streaming is awesome as long as you don't have monthly bandwidth caps.

The ONLY dig at the PS4 I made (a minor one at that) was the dropping of the STILL very relevant CD format. It's not a huge deal, but a very puzzling one since Sony co-invented the format and built up the PS3 as the "it only does everything" media hub and now the PS4 doesn't do everything apparently. Beyond that one fault, I'm very happy with the PS4. Especially in comparison of what I felt with them going with the difficult to program Emotion Engine and Cell CPUs.

My other complaint about the PS4 isn't really Sony's fault. It was the graphics of the games. They didn't impress me. That has to do with the law of diminishing returns each console gen. Xbox 720 will likely have me just as unimpressed. It's the nature of graphics and they will impress less and less with each console generation.

Sony's had a humbling attitude adjustment after this generation. That's a good thing. They have been an arrogant company since the early 1980s. But I loved their products and learned to look past that arrogance. Now they are in financial trouble and as long as their HD video camera and videogame businesses survive, I'll be happy. I kinda wish their TV business would bounce back.... being a long time XBR buyer, but it's too late to truly save it. How the mighty have fallen.

So in the end I don't see how I'm this stealth PS4 hater. My only minor relevant complaint was about the CD exclusion. The rest is all good. If I'm called a stealth troll over that, that's a pretty pathetic attempt to make a mountain out of a molehill. Apparently you can't even say ONE bad thing about it or you are labeled a PS4 hater. That says more about those people then myself.
    Last edited by GreatSpaceKoaster; 03-13-2013 at 01:44.

Superior Member

Actually there isn't really a place for either. That's like agreeing to die by fire instead of drowning. Neither is pleasant and the end result is the same. We really don't have to put up with either of them if we would put enough pressure on the mods. The thing is that I have seen infractions and bans for Xbox fans doing what he is doing.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Err because he said he was?

http://www.vg247.com/2013/02/22/the-...lusivity-deal/

I quoted all this and more on the very first page.
    Sorry. I didn't get that far....I usually read threads from newest to oldest and didn't find this one interesting enough to keep going....saw your post saying he wasn't aware which caught my attention so I asked.

I didn't specifically direct the question at you because I figured anyone could answer but thanks for re-stating it.

Thread Information