Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Why the Playstation 4 and Not The New Xbox System Is the One We are Getting at Launch

Why the Playstation 4 and Not The New Xbox System Is the One We are Getting at Launch

Soon after Sony’s announcement the PlayStation 4 system all eyes turned to Microsoft to see what their response would be. It is widely expected that their new console will be announced sometime between now and E3 this June. There has been much speculation about the abilities, hardware specs, and possible limitations of the new systems but much like the long-running Coke versus Pepsi debate, gamers will soon be forced to pick a side

While gaming journalism is what we do, we will of course get both systems and sure have many years of solid use out of both. That being said, the PlayStation 4 is the one that we’re going to pick up first and we may possibly delay picking up the new Xbox system for several reasons beyond just personal preferences.

First the sins of Xbox past are not easily forgiven or forgotten for me. I do not forget the waves of system failures on the Xbox 360, nor the lousy customer support we were given trying to resolve the issues. One year after the launch of the system, a new system we put into the office, went into the red ring of death mode six days after we received. As such, the system was not a

priority for us up until the Kinect came out and Microsoft finally provided a more stable unit with the new black design systems.

Even so, the system did not have the power, features, or the number of exclusive titles that the PlayStation 3 did and let’s not forget the fact that Microsoft has the audacity to require people to pay a monthly fee to play the games that they just paid $59.99 for.

I want to see something innovative from Microsoft rather than something that is imitative. Show me something better than a system where I’m expected to pay to play the games online, has fewer exclusive titles, and hardware that is reportedly below what the PlayStation 4 will offer.

We have heard from third-party developers that while both systems are impressive, the Playstation 4 has an edge over what Microsoft offers and is very eaasy to work with and design for. There is also the matter of the exclusive titles such as new entries into the Killzone and Infamous franchises and you know that a new Uncharted title cannot be far behind.

A recent article at IGN Cites issues in dealing with Microsoft and other factors as reasons developers will be more willing to embrace the new system from Sony. Combine that with the recent entry of NVIDIA to the side of the Playstation 4
    I also want to see some exclusives of substance other than the Halo and Gears of War franchises that will make me want to buy the system rather than purchase it and play it rather than have it out of professional obligations

Now hopefully Microsoft has learned from their past errors and first and foremost will present a system that is stable at launch and not plagued by issues that frustrated so many users of the Xbox 360. Let’s hope that their decision to essentially admit that they were wrong when they endorsed the HD DVD format and reportedly pay to license the Blu-ray technology for the new system is a step in the right direction.

I also want to see both companies do something different from what Nintendo did with the Wii U and ensure that there are plenty of high-quality games upon launch. I was a very big skeptic of the new Nintendo system but was eventually won over and purchase the deluxe set at launch. That being said, aside from the new Super Mario Brothers, and ZombiU, there’s been little on the system that has made me want to play it is not uncommon for our system to go a week or two between sessions when we are not reviewing a title on it.,

As the old saying that talk is cheap as any resident state of Missouri will proudly tell you, “Show Me”, is their motto. Sony has made a very intriguing and interesting introduction to their new system that despite some questions and potential areas of concern does look to be an innovative step forward for gamers that shows enough promise to get me excited about the possibilities it offers.

Now it’s up to Microsoft to show that they are prepared to offer gamers a system that will provide power, reliability, innovation, and not simply rely on their brand-name for sales and hype. I’m extremely curious about what they’ll come up with but for now thanks to their impressive reveal and years of trouble-free enjoyment from the PlayStation 3, Sony is getting our money at launch.

I want to be very clear on this, I am not saying the new Xbox will be a bad system and that people should not get it nor be excited for it. Far from it, I am saying that based on what we have heard from sources in game development and the industry, both sound like very impressive systems and both systems will be taking their place on our shelf of consoles. That being said, for me, based on what I have heard about both systems from those I trust, and based on past issues we have had with the Xbox 360 and original system will take a wait and see approach to the new Xbox system.
    http://sknr.net/2013/03/09/why-the-p...ing-at-launch/

Now this is more one sided than down the middle
    Last edited by claud3; 03-09-2013 at 17:33.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Very biased article filled with speculation and assumptions. Tbh it sounds like a Sony fanboy wrote it. lol

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    What an annoying website url.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    You can definitely tell what his brand of choice is. lol But in all honesty, is he wrong with what he said? Sounds to me like a guy who's actually been paying attention as to what's been going on this generation.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

5. Likes Tetsu likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    But in all honesty, is he wrong with what he said?
    In all honesty... why are there comparisons of the two when one hasn't even been revealed to any degree and the full specs of the other is still under wraps?
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

7. Likes GalapagosaraY likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    In all honesty... why are there comparisons of the two when one hasn't even been revealed to any degree and the full specs of the other is still under wraps?
    true. or maybe he knows stuff. lol

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    true. or maybe he knows stuff. lol
    Or not. :]

Ultimate Veteran
    this gen i got both the ps3 and 360 but i dont use the 360 its in its box looking for a new home.
    next gen iam just stickig with the ps4 and vita

Veteran
    Almost 7 years later, the teenagers that were saying they were proving they were "real gamers" by owning all three consoles, are now in their mid-20's, out on their own. Anybody in their right mind (at least these days) knows the fact there isn't enough time to play all the games on one platform, much less 3 consoles, tablet/phone and a PC.

The PS4 is shaping up to be the most powerful console along with the most open network. Windows 8 is in serious trouble, with Samsung saying it is Vista, and we all know how the MS plan is to tie Windows 8, next Xbox, and Winfone all together. On top of that, the Live subscription won't change that much. And it sounds like it will have a BD-ROM but won't play Blu-ray movies (probably because that requires a hefty license from Sony, hehehe).

So, it's a no-brainer, PS4 and PC along with the miscellaneous tablet/phone.
    Pacing in wait of Sony's imminent DOOM!...since 2006
    PS4 - The Only Hardcore Gaming Console = All Your Baserape Are Belong To Us

12. Likes Tetsu likes this post
    Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Almost 7 years later, the teenagers that were saying they were proving they were "real gamers" by owning all three consoles, are now in their mid-20's, out on their own. Anybody in their right mind (at least these days) knows the fact there isn't enough time to play all the games on one platform, much less 3 consoles, tablet/phone and a PC.

The PS4 is shaping up to be the most powerful console along with the most open network. Windows 8 is in serious trouble, with Samsung saying it is Vista, and we all know how the MS plan is to tie Windows 8, next Xbox, and Winfone all together. On top of that, the Live subscription won't change that much. And it sounds like it will have a BD-ROM but won't play Blu-ray movies (probably because that requires a hefty license from Sony, hehehe).

So, it's a no-brainer, PS4 and PC along with the miscellaneous tablet/phone.
    Good work batman..

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Quote Originally Posted by Bligmerk View Post
    Can't agree more. I used to get gamefly and tried to play every game possible. Now I couldn't even find the time to finish AC3.

Ultimate Veteran

...we may possibly delay picking up the new Xbox system...
    It's one of those articles.

You know, the kind where the journalist mentions Uncharted 4 in the article, a title that Naughty Dog has yet to even confirm is in development, but fails to mention new IPs with potential like Knack and DriveClub. The kind of journalist that praises Killzone and inFamous while, at the same time, hoping Microsoft offers something other than Halo and Gears of War.

Closing paragraph for the article might as well have been, "Let me be clear, I had nothing interesting to say that someone else hasn't said already. I mention some $#@! about the Xbox 360 but it doesn't really affect whether or not I will purchase the next Xbox because I, like many, will take the 'wait and see' approach."

$#@!ing riveting. PeanutButterMunky is right - at least wait until both consoles have been unveiled before making your comparisons.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-10-2013 at 00:12.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It's one of those articles.

You know, the kind where the journalist mentions Uncharted 4 in the article, a title that Naughty Dog has yet to even confirm is in development, but fails to mention new IPs with potential like Knack and DriveClub. The kind of journalist that praises Killzone and inFamous while, at the same time, hoping Microsoft offers something other than Halo and Gears of War.

Closing paragraph for the article might as well have been, "Let me be clear, I had nothing interesting to say that someone else hasn't said already. I mention some $#@! about the Xbox 360 but it doesn't really affect whether or not I will purchase the next Xbox because I, like many, will take the 'wait and see' approach."

$#@!ing riveting. PeanutButterMunky is right - at least wait until both consoles have been unveiled before making your comparisons.
    Lol this all the way.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-10-2013 at 00:15. Reason: Edited my quote. >.<

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Lol this all the way.
    that's what SHE said....

Bias article is Bias. From rumors the PS4 does seem more appealing but MS could surprise us.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I read the entire article and I thought the article/guy made a good point about the Xbox360.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by snooper71 View Post
    that's what SHE said....
    Bazinga.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    There was not a HINT of bias in this article.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    There was not a HINT of bias in this article.
    No, not at all.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    Do we need to post every article out there that says the words "playstation 4" in them? Take a moment to figure out if the article has anything of any interest to say before posting it here.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    Do we need to post every article out there that says the words "playstation 4" in them? Take a moment to figure out if the article has anything of any interest to say before posting it here.
    You know you're on a PlayStation forum, yes?

24. Likes Serinous likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Kakihara_Anjo View Post
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    You know you're on a PlayStation forum, yes?
    he apparently does not lol

Superior Member

Junk article. Nvidia joins Sony...how does he know they won't do the same for MS? No concrete evidence of anything and used RROD to put down the 360. If you ask me, MS did a great job handling the RROD (I am NOT saying it's ok to have failures, but they dealt with it correctly).
    PS3 80GB NTSCJ
    Sony KLV-37U300A 37"

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    D3seeker
    Items PS3 Slim
    Professional obligations or not, sounds like my type of guy PlayStation all the way

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    The word is law and i never ever release my pants on third date

30. Likes Lebowski likes this post

Thread Information