Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Experiences may differ but Avatar running through my PS3 to my 3D oled headset looks crazy good, better than any 2D film.
    Films that are converted to 3D look $#@! tho.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Not for softies....

Where's all the padding so they dont get hurt?

edit: should of read the rest of the thread
    Last edited by Flaw3d Genius; 03-17-2013 at 23:31.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    IMO Sony F'd up the console/controller by focusing so much on social media. For people who don't even use those sites it's a complete waste of time.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    IMO Sony F'd up the console/controller by focusing so much on social media. For people who don't even use those sites it's a complete waste of time.
    Is this based on hands-on experience? Didn't think so.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

5. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Superior Member
    PSN ID
    KillingSpree0
    Ya because they can't ah you know, not use the features. What if some people like using those features? Then it's not "wasted time".

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I don't use facebook or any of the social sites but I can still see myself using the share features. If you do something really cool in game and want a record of it you can upload it to your profile on PSN there and then. Not necessarily for anybody elses benefit, just for your own. That's what I do on xfire anyway and that's without the pretty awesome feature of being able to upload what you did 10 minutes ago.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Is this based on hands-on experience? Didn't think so.
    Is what based on hands on experience? I think W ould know if I was gonna use those features or not right now. Replacing Start and Select is retarded.

Gotta love how some people get so defensive on here no matter which crowd you 'offend', if I don't like something I'll speak my mind, even my top consoles of all time have flaws, don't see me sucking their $#@!.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Point is you haven't even used the damn thing yet... and you don't have to use the social features if you don't want to, you can just use it as a console. They're not forcing you to do anything. And they haven't given out all the details yet. As for the start and select buttons, they've been replaced by the Options button. I may very well end up hating the controller, but I'll have to try it out first before I make that assessment. The controller looks pretty comfy to hold, though.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

10. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I don't mind the social features of the PS4. I for one think it';s great! And this is coming from a not very enthusiastic online gamer.

But it is nice to share your SP experiences. Games like Just Cause 2 etc were made for this. Or vice versa.

As long as they don't PlayStation HOME this (as in, not releasing it complete or fully functional within launch or very close to launch) then it'll be used.
    Be Together - Not the same.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Ive had the ability to upload halo movies for years and years...and never used it.
    Honestly guys it is nice but you probably wont use it.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    How do you figure? It's a lot more accessible and easier to work with than it is on the 360.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Ive had the ability to upload halo movies for years and years...and never used it.
    I used it on Just Cause 2 quite a bit (upload to Youtube). Which is why it's great for games like that. It's there for those that want to at least.

And this look to be even more accessible than that.

But yes, a lot of people won't use it. But a lot of people will as well. I'm sure there will be plenty of cool things to be shared in the future.

It'd be great for trying to get unstuck at some place (as a good example of many), and showing those that can help, EXACTLY where you're stuck at. Instead of just trying and trawling through YouTube or whatever, to try and find the exact place, or trying to describe it in abstract.

No need for that when you have this (or something like it).

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    How do you figure? It's a lot more accessible and easier to work with than it is on the 360.
    It is not that hard to in halo, and i never bothered. Not only that but you actually have to have something semi interesting to actually share.

Now if you can narrate over it....

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    It is not that hard to in halo, and i never bothered. Not only that but you actually have to have something semi interesting to actually share.

Now if you can narrate over it....
    I'm sure gamers will find something​ to post.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    I'm sure gamers will find something​ to post.
    I think they should add the narrate feature, the ability to taunt someone you just smoked...now....that would be worth posting lol.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Sony also sell movies, TV shows and music on their store as well as their own dedicated music app and things like Mubi, Youtube and Vidzone.
    ...So does the Xbox 360? You could always download movies.
    “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”― Oscar Wilde

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    I think they should add the narrate feature, the ability to taunt someone you just smoked...now....that would be worth posting lol.
    As long as you can filter age appropriate players. It would get annoying coming from teens etc.

But kinda funny/amusing if it's from adults (see the TV SHow The League video chats).

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    I know I'll use it, the fact that I can spectate my dudes playing or watch a clan match while it's being played is awesome. being able to record gameplay will be used as equally, being able to record a gameplay of myself throwing a gnade on a camper or clutching a round with all the odds against me will definitely get posted. Right now my buddies are buying capture cards just to be able to upload gameplay videos, thats why im loving everything about the ps4, it seems to be tailored towards what I actually envisioned a next gen UI to have. YouTube support is all they need now...and maybe an OS based clan system

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    YouTube support is all they need now...and maybe an OS based clan system
    They said during the event that the PS4 can upload directly to YouTube.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    You can do what you're referring to on fifa as well and whilst I have used it a few times to upload some screamers I've scored from like 50 yards, what the PS4 is offering is quite different and more exciting.

Banned

I'm all for extra features and apps as long as it doesn't adversely affect gameplay. I've got no problem with Sony adding these functions. Not being able to play CDs is the only fault I can find with the PS4. That's a pretty big complement of Sony and the job they've done.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    They said during the event that the PS4 can upload directly to YouTube.
    I thought it was only Ustream and facebook were supported

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    I thought it was only Ustream and facebook were supported
    No, it also has direct to YouTube support.

Super Elite

Did you know that in the US you have to RENT cable boxes to watch cable tv? They cost may $6-$8 a month. You cannot buy them. One that supports HD is at least $10 a month. In the US many of the major telecoms have an app on the 360 that let it work as a cable box and it supports hd and streams the the channels over wifi.

Even at the full price of a gold membership - $60 (most people can save $20 buying it on sale) you can save tons of money. Figure a year with an HD cable box is 120 a year to rent. Gold is at most 60 a year. That's a pretty good entertainment device right there. The ps3 does NOT support this.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Typical guy View Post
    Did you know that in the US you have to RENT cable boxes to watch cable tv? They cost may $6-$8 a month. You cannot buy them. One that supports HD is at least $10 a month. In the US many of the major telecoms have an app on the 360 that let it work as a cable box and it supports hd and streams the the channels over wifi.

Even at the full price of a gold membership - $60 (most people can save $20 buying it on sale) you can save tons of money. Figure a year with an HD cable box is 120 a year to rent. Gold is at most 60 a year. That's a pretty good entertainment device right there. The ps3 does NOT support this.
    I'm not renting a box to watch cable TV...

Thread Information