Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 159
  1. #1
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,110
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,419 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    I honestly don't understand why the Xbox gets billed as the entertainment console..

    Seriously..why does it seem like everyone is saying Microsoft's console is the entertainment console of choice all of a sudden?

    The PlayStation does absolutely everything that the 360 does in this area and actually does it better than it IMO. It has all of the apps Netflix, Lovefilm/Amazon...etc. All these features are on the PS3. Not only that, but for things like Netflix you NEED a Live Gold account on your 360.

    Sony also sell movies, TV shows and music on their store as well as their own dedicated music app and things like Mubi, Youtube and Vidzone.

    There's all that and then there is the one big feature that the 360 doesn't have at all. The PS3 IS A BLURAY PLAYER!

    I don't get this argument at all, and you can bet the PS4 will have this stuff as standard nextgen too.

    PlayStation. It only does everything.
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  2. Likes Cyn likes this post
  3. #2
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,321
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    48,870 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Owning both.. they both have the same 'entertainment' value.... The PS3 more so due to Blu Ray and 3D Blu Ray. Xbox just gets referred to as one more often because it has less games

    Not even trolling or anything

  4. Likes mickice likes this post
  5. #3
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,957
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,665 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Owning both.. they both have the same 'entertainment' value.... The PS3 more so due to Blu Ray and 3D Blu Ray. Xbox just gets referred to as one more often because it has less games

    Not even trolling or anything
    That's not true when you look at the total library for both. They do have about the same entertainment value. I like Live better because of the features you can't get use with PSN. I had PS3 first but as soon as I bought 360 I immediately noticed how much better XBox Live is. The only downer is the price but it's not a big issue since I always get discounts. As for entertainment they both offer a wide selection of different things so to me they are both entertainment hubs. It's just the xbox is a better one.

  6. #4
    Trying not to break stuff...
    DarkVincent07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Age
    22
    Posts
    17,321
    Rep Power
    108
    Points
    48,870 (0 Banked)
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's not true when you look at the total library for both. They do have about the same entertainment value. I like Live better because of the features you can't get use with PSN. I had PS3 first but as soon as I bought 360 I immediately noticed how much better XBox Live is. The only downer is the price but it's not a big issue since I always get discounts. As for entertainment they both offer a wide selection of different things so to me they are both entertainment hubs. It's just the xbox is a better one.
    But how is it a better entertainment hub when it doesnt even play blu rays?

    and disclaimer, i barely, barelyyyy play online so xbox live is useless to me. I just game and watch movies/tv shows on my consoles. But I've never even put a DVD in my xbox before because the PS3 does a pretty good job of upscaling

  7. #5
    Power Member
    Dave-The-Rave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Age
    25
    Posts
    17,110
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    37,419 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The thing is "Features you can't use on PSN"..all that really is now is Crossgame Chat..which really isn't that big a deal and is now confirmed for the PS4 anyway.

    You don't really give a reason to why it is better? You just say it is...
    Trophy-licious!


    3DS: 3754-7606-9595

  8. #6
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,957
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,665 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    But how is it a better entertainment hub when it doesnt even play blu rays?

    and disclaimer, i barely, barelyyyy play online so xbox live is useless to me. I just game and watch movies/tv shows on my consoles. But I've never even put a DVD in my xbox before because the PS3 does a pretty good job of upscaling
    It's better for me because I don't really use BR. I stream almost all of my content and the xbox360/live makes it's much easier and faster to find what I want using voice. Its simple and you don't have to fiddle around going through menus. I just like xbox live layout better it's preferred in my house. And if that doesn't work I still have smart TV and my extremely powerful PC. I'm glad the ps4 will improve on things though but I don't see them winning me over in this area over xbox.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-10-2013 at 01:01.

  9. #7
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,067 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i have both and never go online
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  10. #8
    Forum Elder
    chrisw26308's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Age
    42
    Posts
    2,623
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    13,683 (0 Banked)
    I must be really old school because I only use mine for games. I have owned a ps3 since launch and have never watched a movie on it lol. To be fair I dont watch movies.

    Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  11. #9
    Friendship is Carrots
    Nerevar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Equestria
    Age
    21
    Posts
    15,753
    Rep Power
    134
    Points
    81,693 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I was under the impression that it was the 'entertainment' console because it doesn't really have the game library to carry it anymore, so more and more of it is being focused on other features it can do.
    Add me on Steam!


    [Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

  12. Likes sainraja likes this post
  13. #10
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,067 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    A media box and that is all it is
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  14. #11
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,957
    Rep Power
    77
    Points
    61,665 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I was under the impression that it was the 'entertainment' console because it doesn't really have the game library to carry it anymore, so more and more of it is being focused on other features it can do.
    Some people see it that way but it's not accurate to say that it doesn't have the game library to carry it. If they wanna say MS doesn't publish enough 1st party games for it then i can understand that.

  15. #12
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    63
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    I'm glad the ps4 will improve on things though but I don't see them winning me over in this area over xbox.
    They could give you the world but..

    Ah nevermind

  16. Likes sainraja likes this post
  17. #13
    PSU Live Streamer
    YoungMullah88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Posts
    14,352
    Rep Power
    112
    Points
    33,038 (1,800 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    They could give you the world but..

    Ah nevermind
    Lol

    Sent from my Note II

  18. #14
    Newbie

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0
    Points
    21 (0 Banked)
    PS3 is the main piece of my entertainment center. I use for gaming, watching blu-rays, netflix, and vudu. It was my 3D bluray player until I recently got a standalone player to help take the load off my PS3.

  19. Likes Coconut_Crunch likes this post
  20. #15
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,067 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Look both consoles have flaws and winning pixie dust sparkles and they win us over
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  21. #16
    Valar Morghulis
    Serinous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Posts
    10,873
    Rep Power
    95
    Points
    21,267 (0 Banked)
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    i dont have a 360 so help me with this question: so in terms of non-gaming features, what does the 360 have that the ps3 doesn't?

  22. #17
    Master Guru
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,135
    Rep Power
    78
    Points
    110,787 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    That's how it's been marketed. It certainly does have some services that Playstation doesn't have but if you're a gamer, you'll see that both offer an almost equal variety of gaming experiences. Ultimately it's all subjective. My center of entertainment will always be, Playstation.







  23. Likes Sleepy, sainraja likes this post
  24. #18
    Dedicated Member
    Sleepy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    24
    Posts
    1,442
    Rep Power
    42
    Points
    14,999 (0 Banked)
    I agree with the Fonz.

  25. #19
    Forum Sage
    sainraja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Age
    28
    Posts
    8,190
    Rep Power
    98
    Points
    26,893 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    It's better for me because I don't really use BR. I stream almost all of my content and the xbox360/live makes it's much easier and faster to find what I want using voice. Its simple and you don't have to fiddle around going through menus. I just like xbox live layout better it's preferred in my house. And if that doesn't work I still have smart TV and my extremely powerful PC. I'm glad the ps4 will improve on things though but I don't see them winning me over in this area over xbox.
    Netflix streams better on the PS3 (on my connection where I get pauses on the Xbox 360 but I do not with the PS3.) PS3 plays moves in HD and upscales DVD movies.

    The only thing you attributed to the Xbox being better at is voice control, which is a feature enabled by the Kinect. So, no, I don't think the Xbox 360 does it better.

    It's really a matter of preference and yours is clearly the Xbox.

  26. #20
    Administrator
    Ghost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Posts
    12,804
    Rep Power
    132
    Points
    6,612,072 (100,956 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    That's how it's been marketed. It certainly does have some services that Playstation doesn't have but if you're a gamer, you'll see that both offer an almost equal variety of gaming experiences. Ultimately it's all subjective. My center of entertainment will always be, Playstation.
    You filthy filthy fanboy. SMH

    My answer:

    Marketing
    MS's E3 conferences for the past 2 or so years
    Bing, search debby does dallas, bing, play, bing, give me a tissue, bing,one for my mate too
    Usher

  27. #21
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,106
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    533,462 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Preferences basically..

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  28. #22
    Administrator
    Brandon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Age
    30
    Posts
    12,234
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    120,866 (18,076 Banked)
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Saying you don't use part of the features of either console is not an argument. The question asked was why is the Xbox being toted as the entertainment console. o_0 Sheesh people.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

  29. #23
    Supreme Veteran
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Down Under
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,644
    Rep Power
    162
    Points
    164,359 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Meh, from 2005, you could stream pictures, movies, etc direct from you PC to the 360, without so much as doing anything than clicking a button.

    These days, its about even, but back then, the PS3 didn't have these features.

    I guess its a hang over from those days.

    You used to have to jump through a lot of hoops back then to get the PS3 do stuff, TVersity etc ect

  30. #24
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,067 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    My answer to this

    ????????????????
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  31. #25
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Agreed Dave. The PS3 was a far far better media hub since its release and MS has been playing catchup on that front ever since. It hasn't caught up and never will because as mentioned, it's not a blu-ray player. You ask what can the 360 do that the PS3 doesn't and people go quiet and look at their shoes

    Another thing that for those outside the UK means nothing but for us it's big is the BBC iPlayer. PS3 has had it for well over 4 years, the 360 has had its version for less than a year.

    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Meh, from 2005, you could stream pictures, movies, etc direct from you PC to the 360, without so much as doing anything than clicking a button.

    These days, its about even, but back then, the PS3 didn't have these features.

    I guess its a hang over from those days.

    You used to have to jump through a lot of hoops back then to get the PS3 do stuff, TVersity etc ect
    I bought my PS3 in 2007 and it was a perfectly good media server from day 1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.