Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I honestly don't understand why the Xbox gets billed as the entertainment console..

Seriously..why does it seem like everyone is saying Microsoft's console is the entertainment console of choice all of a sudden?

The PlayStation does absolutely everything that the 360 does in this area and actually does it better than it IMO. It has all of the apps Netflix, Lovefilm/Amazon...etc. All these features are on the PS3. Not only that, but for things like Netflix you NEED a Live Gold account on your 360.

Sony also sell movies, TV shows and music on their store as well as their own dedicated music app and things like Mubi, Youtube and Vidzone.

There's all that and then there is the one big feature that the 360 doesn't have at all. The PS3 IS A BLURAY PLAYER!

I don't get this argument at all, and you can bet the PS4 will have this stuff as standard nextgen too.

PlayStation. It only does everything.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

2. Likes Cyn likes this post
    Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Owning both.. they both have the same 'entertainment' value.... The PS3 more so due to Blu Ray and 3D Blu Ray. Xbox just gets referred to as one more often because it has less games

Not even trolling or anything

4. Likes mickice likes this post
    Forum Sage
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Owning both.. they both have the same 'entertainment' value.... The PS3 more so due to Blu Ray and 3D Blu Ray. Xbox just gets referred to as one more often because it has less games

Not even trolling or anything
    That's not true when you look at the total library for both. They do have about the same entertainment value. I like Live better because of the features you can't get use with PSN. I had PS3 first but as soon as I bought 360 I immediately noticed how much better XBox Live is. The only downer is the price but it's not a big issue since I always get discounts. As for entertainment they both offer a wide selection of different things so to me they are both entertainment hubs. It's just the xbox is a better one.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    That's not true when you look at the total library for both. They do have about the same entertainment value. I like Live better because of the features you can't get use with PSN. I had PS3 first but as soon as I bought 360 I immediately noticed how much better XBox Live is. The only downer is the price but it's not a big issue since I always get discounts. As for entertainment they both offer a wide selection of different things so to me they are both entertainment hubs. It's just the xbox is a better one.
    But how is it a better entertainment hub when it doesnt even play blu rays?

and disclaimer, i barely, barelyyyy play online so xbox live is useless to me. I just game and watch movies/tv shows on my consoles. But I've never even put a DVD in my xbox before because the PS3 does a pretty good job of upscaling

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    The thing is "Features you can't use on PSN"..all that really is now is Crossgame Chat..which really isn't that big a deal and is now confirmed for the PS4 anyway.

You don't really give a reason to why it is better? You just say it is...
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    But how is it a better entertainment hub when it doesnt even play blu rays?

and disclaimer, i barely, barelyyyy play online so xbox live is useless to me. I just game and watch movies/tv shows on my consoles. But I've never even put a DVD in my xbox before because the PS3 does a pretty good job of upscaling
    It's better for me because I don't really use BR. I stream almost all of my content and the xbox360/live makes it's much easier and faster to find what I want using voice. Its simple and you don't have to fiddle around going through menus. I just like xbox live layout better it's preferred in my house. And if that doesn't work I still have smart TV and my extremely powerful PC. I'm glad the ps4 will improve on things though but I don't see them winning me over in this area over xbox.
    Last edited by Sub-stance1; 03-10-2013 at 01:01.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    i have both and never go online
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Elder
    I must be really old school because I only use mine for games. I have owned a ps3 since launch and have never watched a movie on it lol. To be fair I dont watch movies.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Friendship is Carrots
    I was under the impression that it was the 'entertainment' console because it doesn't really have the game library to carry it anymore, so more and more of it is being focused on other features it can do.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

12. Likes sainraja likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    A media box and that is all it is
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I was under the impression that it was the 'entertainment' console because it doesn't really have the game library to carry it anymore, so more and more of it is being focused on other features it can do.
    Some people see it that way but it's not accurate to say that it doesn't have the game library to carry it. If they wanna say MS doesn't publish enough 1st party games for it then i can understand that.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm glad the ps4 will improve on things though but I don't see them winning me over in this area over xbox.
    They could give you the world but..

Ah nevermind

16. Likes sainraja likes this post
    PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post
    They could give you the world but..

Ah nevermind
    Lol

Sent from my Note II

PS3 is the main piece of my entertainment center. I use for gaming, watching blu-rays, netflix, and vudu. It was my 3D bluray player until I recently got a standalone player to help take the load off my PS3.

19. Likes Coconut_Crunch likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Look both consoles have flaws and winning pixie dust sparkles and they win us over

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    i dont have a 360 so help me with this question: so in terms of non-gaming features, what does the 360 have that the ps3 doesn't?

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    That's how it's been marketed. It certainly does have some services that Playstation doesn't have but if you're a gamer, you'll see that both offer an almost equal variety of gaming experiences. Ultimately it's all subjective. My center of entertainment will always be, Playstation.

23. Likes Sleepy, sainraja likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    I agree with the Fonz.

Forum Sage
    It's better for me because I don't really use BR. I stream almost all of my content and the xbox360/live makes it's much easier and faster to find what I want using voice. Its simple and you don't have to fiddle around going through menus. I just like xbox live layout better it's preferred in my house. And if that doesn't work I still have smart TV and my extremely powerful PC. I'm glad the ps4 will improve on things though but I don't see them winning me over in this area over xbox.
    Netflix streams better on the PS3 (on my connection where I get pauses on the Xbox 360 but I do not with the PS3.) PS3 plays moves in HD and upscales DVD movies.

The only thing you attributed to the Xbox being better at is voice control, which is a feature enabled by the Kinect. So, no, I don't think the Xbox 360 does it better.

It's really a matter of preference and yours is clearly the Xbox.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    That's how it's been marketed. It certainly does have some services that Playstation doesn't have but if you're a gamer, you'll see that both offer an almost equal variety of gaming experiences. Ultimately it's all subjective. My center of entertainment will always be, Playstation.
    You filthy filthy fanboy. SMH

My answer:

Marketing
    MS's E3 conferences for the past 2 or so years
    Bing, search debby does dallas, bing, play, bing, give me a tissue, bing,one for my mate too
    Usher

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Preferences basically..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Saying you don't use part of the features of either console is not an argument. The question asked was why is the Xbox being toted as the entertainment console. o_0 Sheesh people.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Meh, from 2005, you could stream pictures, movies, etc direct from you PC to the 360, without so much as doing anything than clicking a button.

These days, its about even, but back then, the PS3 didn't have these features.

I guess its a hang over from those days.

You used to have to jump through a lot of hoops back then to get the PS3 do stuff, TVersity etc ect

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    My answer to this

????????????????

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Agreed Dave. The PS3 was a far far better media hub since its release and MS has been playing catchup on that front ever since. It hasn't caught up and never will because as mentioned, it's not a blu-ray player. You ask what can the 360 do that the PS3 doesn't and people go quiet and look at their shoes

Another thing that for those outside the UK means nothing but for us it's big is the BBC iPlayer. PS3 has had it for well over 4 years, the 360 has had its version for less than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Meh, from 2005, you could stream pictures, movies, etc direct from you PC to the 360, without so much as doing anything than clicking a button.

These days, its about even, but back then, the PS3 didn't have these features.

I guess its a hang over from those days.

You used to have to jump through a lot of hoops back then to get the PS3 do stuff, TVersity etc ect
    I bought my PS3 in 2007 and it was a perfectly good media server from day 1

Thread Information