Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    I'm expecting to explore more in games like watchdogs or a GTA style game. hopefully it grows into more freedom and more little things you can do which will give you a better experience. I love me sandbox games.
    Yeah...same here. I don't know about ya'll, but I rate my games on the little things that you can do. Like any game that has a gun in it...if I can shoot out light bulbs and make it dark, that is a well designed game in my book. Been doing that ever since Goldeneye on N64.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by kflashin View Post
    Yeah...same here. I don't know about ya'll, but I rate my games on the little things that you can do. Like any game that has a gun in it...if I can shoot out light bulbs and make it dark, that is a well designed game in my book. Been doing that ever since Goldeneye on N64.
    I got hooked on Syphon Filter just because of that. At that time shooting out lights was a big deal.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    My favourite type of game this gen. is Bioshock, mainly the idea of semi-open world is very good, ( not talking about Arkham City ) in Bioshock the game throws you in a large section of the map and you are free to explore it as you like until you bored or finished with your objective then move on to the next one, not a sandbox like far cry or assassin's creed when thing become too repetitive too soon, and not extremely linear like uncharted or Max Payne.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    My favourite type of game this gen. is Bioshock, mainly the idea of semi-open world is very good, ( not talking about Arkham City ) in Bioshock the game throws you in a large section of the map and you are free to explore it as you like until you bored or finished with your objective then move on to the next one, not a sandbox like far cry or assassin's creed when thing become too repetitive too soon, and not extremely linear like uncharted or Max Payne.
    same. but I think I really enjoy games like Fallout 3. I love post-apocalyptic settings. borderlands is awesome too. however sometimes I do like more linear and mindless games

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Awesomeness plain and simple.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    - I want more destruction! I loved Red Faction Guerilla, and hated what they did to the sequel.
    Same with Battlefield. I don't like how they had to significantly decrease the amount of destruction in BF3. I know that sometimes it was for balance purposes, but still...

- More games with split screen online multiplayer! When I get together with my friends for a Lan party, there are very few games that all four of us can play on two TVs at the same time, specially on PS3.

- More interactive environment. Though this crosses more into the destruction part. When I see a window I want to be able to shatter the glass in it. When I see a wooden door, I want to be able to shoot through it, even break it apart partially.
    When there is a snow, there need to be clearly visible foot prints. Etc.

- As mentioned already, better and more logical AI.
    Enemies that:
    - can accidentally kill each other.
    - can make mistakes.
    - care about their lives, and can go berserk when you kill the comrades.
    - can run out of ammo, and either surrender or kamikaze at you
    - offer you to surrender, or can force you to do so
    - move around the environment picking the best spot to shoot at you from while being somewhat safe
    I want them to be as realistic as possible while the game difficulty would dictate how lethal and dangerous they can be.

I DO NOT want the usual.
    Enemies that:
    - have 100% accuracy no matter what
    - have increased health just to stand a chance.
    - do way more damage only because the difficulty is increased
    - stand in one spot until you kill them in a very predictable way.

I do not expect the graphics to be hugely better than Killzone 4 in the next gen, at least not for quite a while. That is alright with me, because there are other areas that still have lot of room for improvement.
    Last edited by Terminator 101; 03-10-2013 at 23:59.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Dedicated Member
    - I want more destruction! I loved Red Faction Guerilla, and hated what they did to the sequel.
    Same with Battlefield. I don't like how they had to significantly decrease the amount of destruction in BF3. I know that sometimes it was for balance purposes, but still
    Remember Black, great amount of destruction. I remember in one of the levels there was a piano, and I was able to turn it into swiss cheese with my assault rifle. And that was on PS2, this would be wild on PS4.

http://www.psu.com/Black--g963.php
    Last edited by kflashin; 03-11-2013 at 00:01.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator 101 View Post
    Same with Battlefield. I don't like how they had to significantly decrease the amount of destruction in BF3. I know that sometimes it was for balance purposes, but still...

- More games with split screen online multiplayer! When I get together with my friends for a Lan party, there are very few games that all four of us can play on two TVs at the same time, specially on PS3.

- More interactive environment. Though this crosses more into the destruction part. When I see a window I want to be able to shatter the glass in it. When I see a wooden door, I want to be able to shoot through it, even break it apart partially.
    When there is a snow, there need to be clearly visible foot prints. Etc.

- As mentioned already, better and more logical AI.
    Enemies that:
    - can accidentally kill each other.
    - can make mistakes.
    - care about their lives, and can go berserk when you kill the comrades.
    - can run out of ammo, and either surrender or kamikaze at you
    - offer you to surrender, or can force you to do so
    - move around the environment picking the best spot to shoot at you from while being somewhat safe
    I want them to be as realistic as possible while the game difficulty would dictate how lethal and dangerous they can be.

I DO NOT want the usual.
    Enemies that:
    - have 100% accuracy no matter what
    - have increased health just to stand a chance.
    - do way more damage only because the difficulty is increased
    - stand in one spot until you kill them in a very predictable way.

I do not expect the graphics to be hugely better than Uncharted 2 in the next gen, at least not for quite a while. That is alright with me, because there are other areas that still have lot of room for improvement.
    I actually stated this in another thread. The destruction in RF:G was awesome. I don't understand why more devs don't add the amount of destruction in games like in Guerilla. I think I enjoyed destroying stuff more than the actual game. I loved going to town on a building with a sledgehammer!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    Terminator101
    I only played the demo of Black, but I thought it was great. Never managed to get around playing the full game though.
    Almost everyone will say: buy console that has games that you want, and those who say otherwise are ignorant.

Playstation Move for the win!

Dedicated Member
    It is a good one...one of the only PS2 games I would actually revisit
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Thread Information