Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson

What are you expecting out of your games

I like adventure games like Resident Evil, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider and the such. I am very hopeful and excited about The last of us, But I hate the restrictions that games put on gameplay. For example, I have never liked that I have a double barrel shotgun, and I can't open this wooden door. Or I want to explore that area over there,but I can't climb over the hood of this car. I'm pretty sure that hardware and time have a lot to do with it, but I hope as time passes, this will become more apparent. what do you expect from your games?
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    the whole ? over gaming is their for a reason
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    I just mean little restrictions that annoy you, like "that's stupid...in real life, I would be able to pick up that rock and break that glass and go in that room" stuff like that.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    1) Re-playability
    2) Not sucking ass
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    ^What PB said

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    To look 5x better than Uncharted. My expectations are very high because of the PS4 specs. Particularly the 8gb ram.

Administrator
    I expect better looking boobies.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

8. Likes DarkVincent07 likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    emotional experience from the story. and general awesomeness from gameplay

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    I expect better looking boobies.
    Understandable,but off topic. I actually meant the gameplay aspect
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kflashin View Post
    Understandable,but off topic. I actually meant the gameplay aspect
    That isn't off topic. I demand better boobies. It affects MY gameplay experience.

12. Likes kflashin likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    Dammit PB...you ain't gonna let this one go, are you LOL!!
    FLASHIN ON YOU

14. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Administrator
    Fine... back to the topic. ;[

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    I want to be able to search every room with a door, and pick up and drop stuff that is completely useless to the game itself. Complete and total control over every aspect when it comes to choices. Really be able to immerse myself into the character based off of decisions I would make in the situation. Probably won't happen in the next generation, but would be nice.
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Power Member
    I yearn for the day of true open world. Every house, every building is accessible. You can open every door, climb through every window.

Also want massive games that take days, weeks to finish. Not 15-18 hours.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    the_mooninites
    Items ICO
    I expect when the day comes that we'll be able to go in every house that it'll just be a pointless space with furniture and nothing to contribute to the game.

What I expect is smarter AI. Ones that'll really seem like there is another human player trying to kill you first. I'm tired of moronic AI that sometime stand there and do nothing or get stuck by objects that aren't really an issues. I want the enemy to strategize and flank and adapt to the situation.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Dedicated Member
    Items Scarlett Johansson
    Quote Originally Posted by mooninites View Post
    I expect when the day comes that we'll be able to go in every house that it'll just be a pointless space with furniture and nothing to contribute to the game.

What I expect is smarter AI. Ones that'll really seem like there is another human player trying to kill you first. I'm tired of moronic AI that sometime stand there and do nothing or get stuck by objects that aren't really an issues. I want the enemy to strategize and flank and adapt to the situation.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    exactly how I feel...might be awhile, but I am hopeful
    FLASHIN ON YOU

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    I'm expecting the majority to have stories that try a bit too hard, like this gen. Other than that, more open world games with the visual fidelity of Uncharted (I suppose we got that with Watch Dogs already tho lol) and more 'detective mode' or easy mode implementations

It would be nice for more couch co-op games next gen though. Weren't enough of thos this gen imo

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    What annoys me is E.A
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    solid_sneek
    A good story, great graphics or a lot of substance and an adventurous team like Eve or Dust.

solid_sneek

Dedicated Member
    Like people have said, Big Open Reactive Worlds that allow Jump in/out Co-op (i really hope Co-op/team storymode Games are more abundant on ps4).
    Minimal Loading, preferably no loading.
    More interaction with game worlds, more destructable enviroments, (remember Rocket tunneling in Red Faction?, over the top perhaps but it would be great to see such deformation possibilities in games)
    Better circles. Better trees.

Oh and those initial Game installs.. i really do hope they are no more!

Overall i just want more Online RPGs/Online community games, a few years ago i would never have considered such games but i got heavily hooked onto White Knight Chronicles1 and 2 on PS3 and while i love it, and the sense of community and teamplay that comes with it, i just wish the Playstation had more. (ff14 soon i know, which is a good sign)

Cross-platform play!

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Frankly, I want and expect experiences that are truly impossible on current consoles. I don't just want carbon copies of popular games of today with better graphics at 1080p. We saw things this gen that were impossible on PS2 and previously not thought of, that's what we need. New experiences.

Let's think about a space game right, should be possible to take off from the ground in your fighter, fly up through an atmosphere that is to scale with a real earth-like planet's atmosphere, and fly into space and go about your business. No loading screens. Like the leaked footage of Battlefront 3 but a lot better. Visa versa too, with all the re-entry fireworks you'd expect.

Also just ease of use, no boundires etc. If I'm in an RPG and want to know something about a specific item or whatever, need to be able to pull up the browser (that actually WORKS btw) in game and do it no fuss. Consoles should be frictionless experiences and Sony's conference was good news in that regard.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    This is across the board with me with any game I play.....I just want to be entertained. That's it lol however its easier said than done

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I want to experience a game I can connect with and feel

Super Elite
    I expect visceral cinematic 10/10 experiences with a range of pre-order content spread across twenty different vendors and day-one DLC and social features out the wazoo so that when I'm watching a cutscene a big obnoxious box can show up in the center of the screen with my friend asking "HEY DOOD WANNA GO PLAY ON MARS ON DESTINY? " so that I can respond "MY BODY IS READY!" and getting a trophy for responding to my friend.

Also, ads. I expect lots of ads.

Apprentice
    I'm expecting to explore more in games like watchdogs or a GTA style game. hopefully it grows into more freedom and more little things you can do which will give you a better experience. I love me sandbox games.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Thread Information