Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Elite Guru
    PSN ID
    berts08
    Items User name styleManchester United
Gift received at 11-19-2011 from Cuguy
Message: couldn't find a reason the shop would deny you the purchase, so here ya go

PS4's 8GB memory a "joy" for Dishonored dev

Dishonored developer Arkane Studios thinks it's a "joy" to know that memory upgrades for the next-generation of consoles will allow them to incorporate more rather than cut back on content like in the past.
    At last week's BAFTA Game Awards, Dishonored's lead level designer Christophe Carrier told Eurogamer, "We need memory, you know?"
    "As a level designer we are struggling against memory every day. We cut things, we remove things, we strip things, we split the levels, we remove NPCs from levels because there's not enough memory.
    "So knowing that memory is something that is going to be improved in the next generation of consoles: to us, it's a joy. It's something that we were waiting for.
    The PlayStation 4 announcement in New York a few weeks ago revealed Sony's next-gen console would have 8GB of very fast GDDR5 memory.
    "We were PC gamers at the beginning. We love PC games, and we had to make games on consoles. But the main problem was memory. The processors are good, but the memory, for our games, is the most important. So it's great."
    So, will Dishonored 2 be definitely coming to the PS4? Right now, Arkane and Carrier can't say: "We are not allowed to talk about the future for this IP right now."
    However, Dishonored game designer and associate producer Dinga Bakaba admitted he was "pretty impressed" by the PS4's Gaikai-based game sharing features. "We are looking forward at how we can integrate all those things into our [next] game."
    Dishonored saw a multiplatform launch in October last year and launched to critical acclaim. MMGN reviewed Dishonored and gave it a 9.5/10, stating "Dishonored is a rare experiment and one of the most unique mainstream gaming experiences this generation. It's an all-time classic that we will be talking about for years to come."
    http://ps3.mmgn.com/News/ps4s-8gb-me...dishonored-dev

“Two possibilities exist: Either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” Arthur C. Clarke

PSN ID: berts08

Forum Sage

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    The developers all seem to be really over the moon with this new pool of memory they can play around with.

Going to see some amazing looking games from it. Are Sony likely to show anything else about the PS4 or do you think they won't bother until E3 now?

BBK. Tapatalking.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBettaKnow View Post
    The developers all seem to be really over the moon with this new pool of memory they can play around with.

Going to see some amazing looking games from it. Are Sony likely to show anything else about the PS4 or do you think they won't bother until E3 now?
    I really hope they show something at GDC, though I am content [sort of] waiting for E3. :\
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Forum Sage

When is GDC? I think E3 would be the most sensible time to unveil their new machine as its probably the biggest event on the gaming calendar. Will be crazy if both MS and Sony do it this year.

Poor Nintendo

BBK. Tapatalking.

Administrator
    When is GDC?
    It starts March 25th and ends on the 29th.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Superior Member
    Having 8GB of RAM to work with is gonna let the devs really stretch their programing legs. Sorry Nintendo..... you're not in the big boys club.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Indeed an awesome thing. For the most part, happy dev = happy gamers

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Cool i love Dishonored. Grab it for 22,29€ on PSN and was glad i did it. Long time that a FPS feels and plays that good. Reminded me a lot of Half-Life 2. Hope they bring the Sequel to PS4 and utilize the full power of the mighty GDDR Ram.

Ultimate Veteran
    I'm as excited as the next guy about the fact that developers are using more memory than they previously thought was available but I hope it means we're going to see more dynamic and preferably open-ended game worlds and not which developer ends up creating the most realistic corridor shooter.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-11-2013 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I'm as excited as the next guy about the fact that developers are using more memory than they previously thought was available but I hope it means we're going to see more dynamic and preferably open-ended game worlds and not which developer ends up creating the most realistic corridor shooter.
    This!!! We need to have less scripted and more dynamic gameplay next gen.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    It is definitely exciting and quite a surprise. Last year I was thinking, there is no way the next console will be using GDDR5 has their main memory and all of a sudden at the PS4 reveal the guy dishes out a "8GB GDDR5 which made my eye's go O.O This is a great time to be a gamer.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Hopefully we will see some good games because of 8GB.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    Hopefully we will see some good games because of 8GB.
    I can't imagine how we wouldn't. [:

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    The devs just keep coming out the woodworks talking about how great the PS4 will be to develop for. Serious has any of them said anything really negative about it lol. I'm being serious does anyone have a link. I would love to see what they say. Even Epic and Crytek were praising it. Which is pretty crazy considering how much they disliked the PS3. Although there were many who showed their distaste for it. I think Crytek just hates current gen consoles in general.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Apprentice
    Sony did go around asking a bunch of developers what they would like. Mark Cerny said this in the PS4 reveal, he said something similar to how back in 2008 they started asking developers what they would like... I'll try to find the video...

After watching the video, it's crystal clear that Sony did their homeword... straight A student...

starts at 1:55

She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I can't wait to see what developers do with this console, with all the developer feedback on creating it and having Mark Cerny at the helm makes me a very happy person!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Ultimate Veteran
    lets hope devs use all of this memory

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    The devs just keep coming out the woodworks talking about how great the PS4 will be to develop for. Serious has any of them said anything really negative about it lol. I'm being serious does anyone have a link. I would love to see what they say. Even Epic and Crytek were praising it. Which is pretty crazy considering how much they disliked the PS3. Although there were many who showed their distaste for it. I think Crytek just hates current gen consoles in general.
    They have nothing bad to say about it cuz Sony stopped putting exotic, hard to program CPUs in their consoles and substantially increased the amount the RAM. Those were the devs only complaints about the PS3. Now they have nothing left to complain about.

Elite Member
    Items User name style
    When is GDC? I think E3 would be the most sensible time to unveil their new machine as its probably the biggest event on the gaming calendar. Will be crazy if both MS and Sony do it this year.

Poor Nintendo

BBK. Tapatalking.
    They will definitely be in the shadows, but I am still excited to see the reveal of the next Smash Bros. and Zelda games. And I don't even plan on getting a Wii U for another few years.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    They have nothing bad to say about it cuz Sony stopped putting exotic, hard to program CPUs in their consoles and substantially increased the amount the RAM. Those were the devs only complaints about the PS3. Now they have nothing left to complain about.
    Your right there. It's just odd because it seems like when consoles are announced there is almost something that is gripped about even if it's minuscule. There has been none to my knowledge.

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    Having 8GB of RAM to work with is gonna let the devs really stretch their programing legs. Sorry Nintendo..... you're not in the big boys club.
    To be fair they're not really trying to be. Nintendo is going after one audience, Sony another, and MS seems to want a bit of both.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    To be fair they're not really trying to be. Nintendo is going after one audience, Sony another, and MS seems to want a bit of both.
    Yeah... and I wish Nintendo would stop doing that and compete with the others again.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Yeah... and I wish Nintendo would stop doing that and compete with the others again.
    I wish Sega would go back to being like the old Sega and start making consoles again!

PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    I wish Sega would go back to being like the old Sega and start making consoles again!
    Yeah scratch what I said, I want this more. :/

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Absofrigginlutely! Dreamcast was a beast. Sad that was their last system. Although I don't think they will ever get back to the pinnacle like before. Also don't think Sega has the means to make a console.

Thread Information