Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sajuuk Khar View Post
    To handle planetside 2, they would need to seriously leverage the full 8 cores, it is a rather cpu limited game when the battles really kick off. High end i7s have problems, but it could be a combination of cpu and server code.
    I understand what you mean. Especially since it will be a port, it might take a hit. If they spend time on it to make it work on the console then it should work (they may have to cut corners) but overall yes it will be difficult.

Flaw3d Genius
    I'd muych rather see Devs using the extra power on better gameplay and getting games running at 1080p/60fps, GOW devs could defiantly be doing with trying this as GOW gameplay is going downhill every game yet their graphics are getting better everygame...So the last thing GOW devs need is to continue to focus on graphics mainly like they have done this gen.

Gameplay>>>>>>>Graphics - EVERYTIME!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I believe that has more to do with the developer than the console itself.

I'm positive if PlanetSide 2 is coming to PS4 (and why can't it?) then it's just the beginning of many amazing open-world games we will likely see, especially from the PC world.

What is stopping them? The RAM is all there.
    Oh, I'm not saying those types of games won't be there, but generally most games will only be upgrades.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying those types of games won't be there, but generally most games will only be upgrades.
    I totally agree. The biggest problem imo is the fact that console developers aren't used to the idea of making large MMO-like games. That's why I'm really happy the direction next generation is going so it's easier to port games on consoles or even make it for consoles and then port it over to PC.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    This makes me very excited. Because I feel like developers can finally work on creativity this time around rather than trying to better the graphics...of course that will happen too but they know people don't want it to be photo-realistic and so they have a lot more RAM left to work on making the game bigger and more seamless.

That was my biggest gripe this generation. Because I would think to myself, "Well, if they could achieve games with 4MB of VRAM like that then I can't imagine how open the games will be this generation." Well, we saw that devs mostly worked on trying to get the resolution up, AA, frame rate and graphics overall...AI didn't progress much, neither did creativity.

We got the same games but upgrades...though very rare ones were spot on.

So this is what I really wanted last generation, it's about freaking time.
    Seamless games would be glorious. It would be nice to have an open world game that has one load screen. That's when you start. Could create a much stronger experience than normal games. Imagine if every same when you die you hit restart and it restarts immediately.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Seamless games would be glorious. It would be nice to have an open world game that has one load screen. That's when you start. Could create a much stronger experience than normal games. Imagine if every same when you die you hit restart and it restarts immediately.
    Welcome to World of Warcraft, made in 2004 lol.

And I'm sure many other games have done that before. Sadly it's not prevelant much on the consoles yet. It really sucks playing on consoles when you know better $#@! is out on PCs. Just that I'm not on PC due to other reasons.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Welcome to World of Warcraft, made in 2004 lol.

And I'm sure many other games have done that before. Sadly it's not prevelant much on the consoles yet. It really sucks playing on consoles when you know better $#@! is out on PCs. Just that I'm not on PC due to other reasons.
    Yeah WoW is a prime example but we just don't see it much on consoles like you said. Hell non open world games should definitely not have loading screens.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Are they sure they were "shackles"?

Rather, weren't they more like Chains... of Olympus

Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Yeah WoW is a prime example but we just don't see it much on consoles like you said. Hell non open world games should definitely not have loading screens.
    I don't know much about the way they program these games but my guess would be that non-open-world games generally try to push the boundaries on graphics/physics that sorta stuff, also they have more triggered events which are difficult to do on open-world games.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. But I think a good MMO sort of compensates for all the faults as you're not playing against AI, or not as much...WoW has the best PvP I've ever seen in an MMO game, it just does it so well.

Even though they changed a lot of stuff, the fun aspect didn't completely go away. Not to mention, no other developer has ever come close to that brilliance so that gives them a free pass for all their screw-ups and noobifying the game.

If the next WoW comes out on PS4, I will not buy another game lol. Not unless it's a war sim MMO.

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I don't know much about the way they program these games but my guess would be that non-open-world games generally try to push the boundaries on graphics/physics that sorta stuff, also they have more triggered events which are difficult to do on open-world games.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages. But I think a good MMO sort of compensates for all the faults as you're not playing against AI, or not as much...WoW has the best PvP I've ever seen in an MMO game, it just does it so well.

Even though they changed a lot of stuff, the fun aspect didn't completely go away. Not to mention, no other developer has ever come close to that brilliance so that gives them a free pass for all their screw-ups and noobifying the game.

If the next WoW comes out on PS4, I will not buy another game lol. Not unless it's a war sim MMO.
    WoW is a black hole with no end.
    "Courage is the key to life.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    WoW is a black hole with no end.
    If you look up while your in that hole you can see you old life. Much like a beam of light saying come back!

ADMiNiSTRaToR

God of War dev: PS4 removes visual shackles

I much prefer games with an end. I beat GoW3 in like 6-7 hours. I'd prefer if whatever they come up with on PS4 is a little longer. Still need to play GoW4. <.<

Even Final Fantasy games only take 100+ hours with everything unlocked. I got my buddy to stop playing WoW because I calculated his played time on all 4 of his characters and it was over 4 years (24 hour days). It should be illegal for games to allow for that amount of wasted time, but I guess people are free to choose whether or not to piss their lives away in a single game.

Wow Tapatalk is wigging out.
    Last edited by Brandon; 03-13-2013 at 22:05.

Forum Overseer
    that game has probably caused many relationship/marriage break-ups.

ADMiNiSTRaToR

God of War dev: PS4 removes visual shackles

that game has probably caused many relationship/marriage break-ups.
    Not probably, it has. It's also caused kids to flunk out of college. It's rated as the most addicting game ever. And people put so much time into the game they feel guilty about quitting it... and if you do quit they'll send you e-mails with crap like "come back with free game time!"

Fortunately the amount of users is finally starting to drop... but Blizzard has perfected their recipe for addiction.

Forum Overseer
    Not probably, it has. It's also caused kids to flunk out of college. It's rated as the most addicting game ever. And people put so much time into the game they feel guilty about quitting it... and if you do quit they'll send you e-mails with crap like "come back with free game time!"

Fortunately the amount of users is finally starting to drop... but Blizzard has perfected their recipe for addiction.
    For me the recipe is that they keep updating it.

Well, even before that, their battle system is the most accessible AND the deepest I've ever seen. It doesn't require you to aim well (sort of does though) but everything else that is required in gaming, it challenges you to do it.

That means knowing how to make things more efficient in your backpack (a la Resident Evil), knowing how to use your spells and how to counter others, understand basic maths, be good at approximations, be good at choosing the right perks (even one wrong perk can make a huge difference), ability to plan ahead of time, have dedication, know how to work with macros...I mean, so many things and it's all rewarding when you do well at it and see your enemies tremble with inefficiencies lol.

but overall, what kept me going back were the updates. they majorly screwed up with making it easier and adding more maps when the amount of people are the same (meaning less encounters) and there's no progression in PvP other than getting slightly better armor every time a new expansion is out (and the lack of having good variety in the best armor, it's either you have the best or you don't). They also gave one side more bias because generally it were played by kiddies so they sucked ass, which made the game unfair.

anyway, still a legendary game and required deep philosophies on playing it dozens of different ways with just one character.

anyway, the updates were what kept me coming back. i.e. I'm tired of Battlefield 3 just because it's the same old...I actually want them to change the gun mechanics just so I have to learn everything over lol or improve, i donno. I don't like how the guns don't feel powerful. I want to feel powerful holding an assault weapon...I shouldn't have to spray it to kill someone...even in hardcore, it takes like 3-4 bullets to kill. LAME.

Thus why I'm enjoying BO2 (hardcore S&D) atm. Their inventory system is phenomenal. Take notes newbs!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19

Yep my current roommate ruined his first year of college due to wow.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    Wow wasn't the only game that did that. Everquest, on the server I played on, at least 25 people in a few guilds got a divorce due to liking someone else in the game. O.o After I witnessed a bunch of those breakups, I stopped playing that game. If EQIII came out and it was like EQ1 I would certainly play that game but I will stay away from the depressed crowd.
    PSN ID: Intense_Peanut

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    Wow wasn't the only game that did that. Everquest, on the server I played on, at least 25 people in a few guilds got a divorce due to liking someone else in the game. O.o After I witnessed a bunch of those breakups, I stopped playing that game. If EQIII came out and it was like EQ1 I would certainly play that game but I will stay away from the depressed crowd.
    People are stupid. Their marriage wasn't very strong to begin with if it ended that way... lol.

Apprentice

Marriage?

ADMiNiSTRaToR
    Quote Originally Posted by ElieKatz$#@! View Post
    Marriage?
    Read the post I quoted.

Superior Member
    Items Guerrilla GamesVitaJoker (limited ICON)
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I don't want any $#@!ing more god of wars. Let that $#@! die already. But I will play GOW:A.

It's time they work on Heavenly Sword 2.
    Don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that.

22. Likes MartyRules likes this post
    The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I would love to see a next-gen God of War, but at the same time I'm done with Kratos. Ascension should've been next-gen.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by INFAMOUS8 View Post
    Don't want it, don't buy it. Simple as that.
    Look at the rocket scientist amongst us.

I just want to see heavenly sword 2 from a dev that knows what they are doing.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-20-2013 at 06:19.

Thread Information