Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 3
    Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I am talking about the so-called girl gamers who feel the need to draw attention to themselves every chance they get. The term "girl gamer" is childish in that it reduces you to a statistic. No one should care whether or not you're part of a minority when you enjoy playing games like everyone else.
    Okay, to each his or her own.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    Okay, to each his or her own.
    You're welcome.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by cSpotcU View Post
    I don't want to sound like a troll, nor a flamer starter, but IMO, the genre does define whether one is a hardcore gamer. Gamers that play games that take a long time to learn to play/master, contain lots of strategy and are 50+ hours long, are who I would consider to be the true hardcore gamers.

Games that come to mind are StarCraft, Tales of Graces f, Final Fantasy, Heavy Rain.

For some reason, FPSs just don't seem to contain much story (8-10 hours per game is a ripoff). The whole game is just run around and shoot things. Not that hard.

3rd person games seem to do the best of blending (think Dead Space, Resident Evil 4). Shooting with some serious storyline.

But, I'm getting off topic. The last thing I wanted to add was that I miss single-player games. I'm so sick and tired of having to log into PSN network or facebook to play my games. That's the whole reason I'm leaving PC gaming and moving to consoles. I LOATHE battle.net and having to constantly be connected to a server just to play a game. and, I don't want to play with anyone, nor share my trophies/achievements/whatever. I want to play alone. In my home. I want to get away from people. Which I think goes back to hardcore gamers. since I identify myself as one, I just want to say, I want to play alone. Not with friends. Does anyone else feel this way? Or am I a minority here?
    If I spent 4 hours a day playing Dance Central because my gaming goal was to perfect every song, would you think of me as a casual gamer?

Getting every step and every move down pact is just as much of a journey of mastery as learning the combat in Demon's Souls imho.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    If I spent 4 hours a day playing Dance Central because my gaming goal was to perfect every song, would you think of me as a casual gamer?

Getting every step and every move down pact is just as much of a journey of mastery as learning the combat in Demon's Souls imho.
    That's hardcore imo.

Dedicated Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's semantics. If you want to call them core gamers, that's fine. I don't see the difference. Same for casuals or average or mainstream or non-gamers. basically the point is that there are two kinds of gamers.
    You're right, it is semantics. But the more important point was/is that there are only 2 types of gamers, the ones that play with a dedication and the others that play to only kill time. Any further classification that people make up about what constitutes hardcore would be BS imho. As Ghost said, if someone plays a Dance game for the challenge and keeps coming back (dedication) for more, then he's every bit as hardcore as a hardened Demon's Souls player.
    So in essence it isn't the games that one plays that decide if one is/isn't hardcore, it is how one plays the games.

Extreme Poster
    Exactly. In fact, I'd go in a little more detail...I see a split in hardcore gamers, one that can use the analog sticks well and the ones that use the buttons well.

i.e. music/fighting games vs shooter games.

some people can just do really good with buttons, japanese people are good at that, at the same time western gamers are better at using analog sticks in shooters. just a little something i noticed. not saying it should be a category but what i've seen.

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    This guy (2Gd) touches on the subject matter.
    Talent vs dedication 31:50 in the video.

http://youtu.be/O0qYOHgi8UM?t=31m50s

Basically says the Koreans are more dedicated games knowing the exat timings when things wil appear in DOTA2 and LOL and games liek that.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-27-2013 at 00:30.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    interesting video!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Thread Information