Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Gamestop

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Lol. I'm not weak so that guy would've still got his ass handled.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

2. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    Took me a while to find a good Gamestop. The one 20min away they all know me by name and face. We all joke around but nothing to big.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Lol. I'm not weak so that guy would've still got his ass handled.
    Just wanted an excuse to use that gif.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

5. Likes Kuro likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I figured so good use

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

7. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah there used to be COD douches like that at one near me before mw2 come out. Gave some stupid comment about why I didn't want to preorder it because I didn't play cod.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    So I just went to gamestop for tomb raider.

The kid behind the counter asks me if I needed anything else and I said yea I want to preorder a ps4, jokingly.

The kid says "why would u want a new playstation when u can get a new xbox, they come out at the same time."

I said I like playstation.

He says well ms is a more trusted company and they are going to have blu ray and sony is going to be in trouble.

I told the kid "just remember u work for gamestop and not microsoft if you value your job"

Anyone else have an idiot story from them

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    Same $#@! has happened to me at a local GS. Main reason I never went back. MS fanboys out the ass in that place. Makes sense though. Gamestop is overpriced and built for people who like to waste money. Higher priced software AND trading in somewhat decent games for a couple bucks store credit....?? That's $#@!ing theft as far as I'm concerned. Fits the profile of people who are willing to blow 60 a year on online features and buy attachments in order to actually have a somewhat decent console that wind up costing as much as the initial console itself. Blows my $#@!ing mind.

I hate that place with a passion. Would be nice if Gamestop monitored it's employees a little better as well. If I had a kid being a fanboy like that I'd fire his ass on the spot. He's there to make money for the company...not push MS bull$#@! on someone who doesn't want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-stance1 View Post
    lol...that story sounds a little suspect to me.
    Seems legit to me. I've experienced it along with a few of my PS3 friends. Gamestop needs to lay off hiring MS fanboys...or check their staff at the very least.
    Last edited by unicron7; 03-12-2013 at 01:40.

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

10. Likes Nitey likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    [...] Higher priced software AND trading in somewhat decent games for a couple bucks store credit....?? That's $#@!ing theft as far as I'm concerned. [...]
    Yep. I brought in 8 games one time and they wanted to give me 7 bucks. I listed them on eBay and made 80 bucks. I understand they need to make a profit, but seriously...
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Lol Chris . Interesting story

This is why Xbox will outsell PS4 nextgen in NA again =p

It is a bit strange how Gamestop wouldn't keep a lid on this kinda $#@! though. It's not only destructive to their $#@!ing money making ability lol, but it's highly unprofessional. I mean come on, Chris is (according to his profile) 41 years old and some kid is telling him "why would you want a playstation" O_o. That's not customer service in any way shape or form. If Chris had asked why I wonder what the kid would have said? "Uhh.. HALO.....LeBrons...!" lol

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitey View Post

It is a bit strange how Gamestop wouldn't keep a lid on this kinda $#@! though. It's not only destructive to their $#@!ing money making ability lol, but it's highly unprofessional. I mean come on, Chris is (according to his profile) 41 years old and some kid is telling him "why would you want a playstation" O_o. That's not customer service in any way shape or form. If Chris had asked why I wonder what the kid would have said? "Uhh.. HALO.....LeBrons...!" lol
    Chris is also a large man. If I was a pipsqueak behind a counter I wouldn't be sassing some large ass grown man. Just saying.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim
    This wouldve been my reaction....

True story lmao

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

15. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I mean come on, Chris is (according to his profile) 41 years old and some kid is telling him "why would you want a playstation" O_o. That's not customer service in any way shape or form.
    Yeah, I wouldn't blame the OP if he wanted to smack the kid.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DeviousOne View Post
    This wouldve been my reaction....

True story lmao
    LOL! WTF at Bert in the backseat.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Items NintendoFirefox LogoPSN LogoWii BlackPaper MarioWiiUGran Turismo 53DSPS3 Slim

Very unprofessional indeed bro

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I bought my PS Vita from a local gamestop, that's the last time I've been in one. I've never had a Microsoft guy try to push a 360 on me but I've seen it happen to other customers. They don't say anything to me, probably because they think I'm buying my stuff for a boyfriend or something.

I can vouch for them being rude and disrespectful. I remember one time I went in gamestop for something and the guy didn't want to answer my questions or provide me with service.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

PSN ID
    Chickenooble
    I went to Gamestop when I was selling my entire Xbox 360 game collection. The guys went through all 43 games and checked the condition of each one, told me how much I could get for each game (using the powerup rewards card). I took the list home and found that Gamestop has a 400-600% markup on the trade-in value. I found the Median between their Used sale price and the Trade-in price, then listed all the games on Craigslist weeks before Christmas.

Sold 30 games and made over twice what I would have selling to Gamestop. One of the two guys that priced the games for me found my ad and asked if he could buy my pristine condition Collectors Edition of Oblivion. They're A-Ok in my book.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    There is always going to be people like that at any store you go to, I went into the Gamestop by me recently to sign up for the free power up rewards so I could get a heads up on the PS4 pre-orders and the guy there asked me why I was getting it and I told him so I could hear when the PS4 pre-orders started. We had a normal civilized conversation about the next gen systems and then I went on my way, but I have ran into biased people all over the place, no store is worse than the other. Although I did almost lay out a DirecTV guy at Costco a few months back because he started arguing with me saying that DirecTV's picture is higher quality than FiOS TV and said that FiOS gets their video feeds from DirecTV satellites...what a moron!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Apprentice
    The one I go to is pretty good and if there is new people being hired they get fired if they do that stuff. No joke, the gamestop I go to has PC gamers and console gamers working there and I have yet to see any bias.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Well I had to be at work at 10am and they open at ten dammit I'm gonna have to wait till noon to get my God of war game!!!

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Unbound Mercenary
    I hate going to gamestop because of the cashiers always laying out a 20 minute schpeal about getting some stupid $#@!. Gamestop needs to understand that gamers as a whole are both more then able to get something if they want it, and not interested in hearing about something they don't want.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Forum Elder
    Lol at most of these responses.

I can see it the way some act. I wasnt offended, I even thought it was funny.

I was definitely not going to get in some fanboy argument at 41, with a 16 year old.

And honestly, I wasnt being a smartass when I said that to him, I was just giving a kid some advice.

Unless gstop doesnt care that somr of them do that.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I only shop for used games at GameStop, and then I only buy them when I have a buy two get one, or a 25% Power Up coupon or birthday coupon.

The GS closest to me has friendly, knowledgeable staff that never pushes any one thing over another. The store is over on the wrong side of the tracks, so their used stuff is always worn rough.

The farther away store is in a rural part of the county, but their used stuff is always like new. Always. But that group is heavily Xbox leaning and they always have some smart ass comment to make.

I put them in their place on the spot, and the more people in the store the louder I do it. I've complained to GS about it, but it happened again Saturday.

GS doesn't care, and neither do I. GameFly never makes negative comments when they sell me one of my rentals, and it's almost always cheaper than the GS Pro price.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Just got back from game stop no issues =( lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

28. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Administrator
    Your time will come... don't worry.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    DeviousOnePSU
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Your time will come... don't worry.
    I would welcome that! Lmao my body is ready maybe if Nintendo decides to release some damn games for Wii U and I buy them I may be able to spark some $#@! at GS lol

~~~OLD SKOOL~~~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    I just got back from Gamestop as well. Just got my copy of Ascension. I never have issues at Gamestop as everyone there is pretty cool. You can not blame Gamestop for ones stupidity. That would be....stupid.

Thread Information