Apprentice
    PSN ID
    Kingstoph
    Items DoomVita

Small observation on Sexism in video games

Heh, only just reaslied this amusing pattern when it comes to Sexism in games.

1- Everyone plays their games, everything is good in the world and everyone is having fun.
    2- Someone complains that something is sexist and it can "change someones view on a gender."
    3- Immidiate reaction is to attack said gender for being fun police.
    4- White Knights flock from all directions to protect gender, they get their way and something is changed.
    5- Everyone grumbles and shrugs it off and keeps playing, hoping that the fun police dont show up again.
    6- change has little effect except to make people dislike gender in question for not being able to take a joke/ spoil fun for no purpose/ victim complex/ whatever, mostly because the largly male playerbase is acustomed and desentised to imagary as such that they dont allow it to change their views. the initial complaint does more damage to peoples views than the game content did in the first place.
    7- Return to 1

Ofcourse theres exceptions to the rule like the Dead Island mutilated bust but... $#@! that was just weird looking.

God of Hoes is just the latest in ridiculus complaints. its fine to mutliate tens of thousands of men but if you DARE call someone a Hoe?

The King has Returned

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    With racism it's the same thing. Fukkin' getting rid of maps just because they have arabic lettering on the wall????? wut.

Also the number of white people in Resident Evil 5 was absolutely ridiculous after they had to edit it due to ''racism''. You're in the middle of a fukkin' native african tribal village and half the dudes are white.

Learn to do signatures here

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    Also the number of white people in Resident Evil 5 was absolutely ridiculous after they had to edit it due to ''racism''. You're in the middle of a fukkin' native african tribal village and half the dudes are white.
    haha I never understood why lol

Miqo'te Bard
    Items New User TitleProtect yourselfFull Metal AlchemistFangDark Souls CoverDemons Souls CoverBattlefield 3Title StyleUser name style
    It is so stupid they did it, yet women can go around proudly claiming they are $#@!es, $#@!s etc but the min a man calls them that oh no so wrong.
    I have twitter to https://twitter.com/GamerYuichi , Also started youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMu7yRGCz8QrTyxaNVR3Tqw I don't always twitch, but when I can you can find my noobness http://www.twitch.tv/yuichimccry,

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuuichi View Post
    It is so stupid they did it, yet women can go around proudly claiming they are $#@!es, $#@!s etc but the min a man calls them that oh no so wrong.
    Don't forget the part where they have no problem degrading men and if you try to defend yourself, you are quickly bombarded with incoherent arguments.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Sexism, racism or down right hatred are all wrong unless used in a context that fits the subject at hand... Games are games and the freedom to go beyond the boundaries that so called jail these taboos

Is a great thing, freedom to create debate and open up new area's to explore. Makes a game unique from movies
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    All this boils down to is attention. When sexism is labeled for something there is always the person at the forefront of the argument. That person gets coverage and that's what they want.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by spyrde View Post
    With racism it's the same thing. Fukkin' getting rid of maps just because they have arabic lettering on the wall????? wut.
    The map for Modern Warfare 2 was temporarily unavailable and the people who claimed the religious offense wasn't a big deal were the ones who made a big deal about it themselves. I remember reading that the guy didn't even want the map taken down (that the devs could have done the edit offline).

In my opinion, these kind of things shouldn't impact your enjoyment of the game. If someone changed the name of a trophy or a single online map was temporarily taken down, it doesn't break the game.

Not saying some of it isn't stupid but most people will get over it.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-12-2013 at 22:32.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    i do not see this as an issue. Unless it is taking to far
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    Items Bullet For My ValentineAvenged SevenfoldLed ZeppelinHIMRolling StonesSex PistolsPink FloydRed Hot Chili PeppersMetallicaLinkin ParkNirvanaSlipknot
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    The map for Modern Warfare 2 was temporarily unavailable and the people who claimed the religious offense wasn't a big deal were the ones who made a big deal about it themselves. I remember reading that the guy didn't even want the map taken down (that the devs could have done the edit offline).

In my opinion, these kind of things shouldn't impact your enjoyment of the game. If someone changed the name of a trophy or a single online map was temporarily taken down, it doesn't break the game.

Not saying some of it isn't stupid but most people will get over it.
    It shouldn't be acceptable though. Both examples were ridiculous decisions, and if things like that get accepted in the future then we're gonna expect much more censorship since the devs will succumb. Those examples didn't necessarily break the game, but they made the experience much less enjoyable since a favorite map for many was temporarily unavailable, aswell as the believabilty of Resident Evil 5 kinda went down once half the dudes attacking you look like they're right outta New York.

Learn to do signatures here

Thread Information