Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    There are no what ifs with the PS4. It's going to bring the PS brand back to the glory years.

People, or i should say haters say the PS3 failed yet look at it now. It has passed the 360 in worldwide sales. Sony always overcomes the odds. When the deck is stacked against them they rise to the occasion.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    Markus
    Quote Originally Posted by ttech10 View Post
    First off I'm going to say nothing they did or didn't do in their conference hurt them. They showed enough that would give them high interest until E3 but left enough secret so that people are still pumped to see what they have to show at E3. It also gave devs the ability to speak openly about the system instead of keeping them locked up behind signed papers.

But... if Sony loses everything this gen and Microsoft is the only serious console left?

I would likely just stick to PC, depending on what certain developers/publishers do with their games that are currently exclusive to Sony. If those games like Uncharted, inFamous, Killzone, Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls get put on the 360 only then I would buy one to play them, otherwise I would never buy a 360 as the only exclusives it has now I'm not interested and can get them on PC.

For gaming this could be a bad thing as there would be no reason for consoles to be spec'd high at launch and it could become stagnant. PC gamers would definitely be upset.

However, I really doubt they'll fail. It would have to take a massive move by Microsoft to do that. Talking exact or higher specs than PS4 along with a price that's at least $100 less than the PS4 at all times. I know we haven't seen anything official from Microsoft, but of what I've seen through leaks and rumors and what we know of PS4, I'd be surprised if the Nextbox does as well this upcoming gen as hit has this one.

QFT. That's exactly how I feel, word for word. If somehow Sony's devs go under as well, I would rarely find myself buying new AAA games for pc. I would just support valve and steam. Maybe buy a steam box for some LAN action.

Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    There are no what ifs with the PS4. It's going to bring the PS brand back to the glory years.

People, or i should say haters say the PS3 failed yet look at it now. It has passed the 360 in worldwide sales. Sony always overcomes the odds. When the deck is stacked against them they rise to the occasion.
    Amen. Long live the king!

PS4 Launch Edition
    PS3 60GB (Upgraded to 500GB)
    Phenom II X4 955, HD 7770 1GB, 6GB RAM

If you add my PSN say you're from PSU or I might delete it!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by T0PGUN View Post
    I couldnt even make sense of the thread title....
    Fixed.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    ok my bad on the title thread... Thanks for the fix Ixion friend,

what an epic fail
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    I would simply convert to PC gaming only. As it is I haven't really played anything other than PC for about 8 months now.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Apprentice
    Then all is lost.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    it all comes down to price now. and somewhat also the design. but price matters most right now. it will have an impact on launch.

Veteran
    *reads thread title*

It's so unbelievable that I can't really comment. I just don't think it will happen.

If there is any time for guessing when PlayStation will come out on top, it's the next generation. At least PS1/PS2/PS3 had some serious competition right out the gate. As of now, it has yet to be clear that PS4 will even have a formidable competitor.

E3 should be interesting. I'm excited about what PS4's competition is going to bring to the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I can't see PS4 failing but I also can't see it doing anything more than 80m sold LTD, same with the other home consoles, too many people will either stick to current gen, move to PC, or the casuals will just go down the tablet route.

I'll likely get one eventually but I'll be sticking with PS3 for a long time yet (alongside a Vita when I get one), and any next gen only games that I can get on PC, I'll get there. The few PS4 exclusives will be what sells me a PS4 in 3 or 4 years time, so Sony needs to make sure there are some (and new IPs not just sequels).

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Elite Member
    IM fairly confident sony wont fail, they have the strongest first parties, the game sequals are gonna be strong and their fan base is huge, and still growing. Games like metal gear solid, tekken, killzone, motorstorm, knack, watch dogs, littlebigplanet, gran turismo, god of war, imfamous and many many more games will drive sales and earn fan base. Sony has earned their name with quality games and great developers.If any console fails it'll be the wii u, but I think it will be another close console war between ps4 and the next box. BTW I love console wars, where both consoles try and push the bounderies of entertainment and games. Its just all round fun to me. But no, I actually think ps4 will win, but I also think it will be close.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Super Elite
    I'd be torn. Before the PS3 was even mentioned I predicted 2 more Sony consoles would come before they left the industry so I'd be like "Woo, now to claim the worlds ending using my awesome predictions skills" and also rather disappointed because I hoped I wasn't right. Sure I was disappointed with the PS3 as a whole but it was still my preferred console this gen
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

PSU Live Streamer
    I'm honestly not sure what I'd do if Sony dropped out of the race. Right now it's the exclusive content that keeps me coming back to consoles, or I'd just stick with PC gaming. So for me it would come down to what devs like Sony SM, Suckerpunch and Naughty Dog did (among others). They are really the reasons I own a ps3. Granted it also helps that I don't have to pay online fees or buy new batteries for my controllers

Nintendo hasn't appealed to me since FF7 went to the ps1. And Xbox as never appealed to me....ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Michine View Post
    IM fairly confident sony wont fail, they have the strongest first parties
    I'm confident that Sony isn't going to flop with the PS4, and if the price stays below $550, I'll help them out.

But your statement there makes no sense at all. Nintendo is alive and sitting on $10 billion US on the backs of their 1st parties.

Sony and MS would both kill to have 1 of their 1st parties sell 20 million units. They can only daydream about having numerous titles sell 30 million plus units like Nintendo has had over the years.

MS will quit the console business before Sony, but Sony does not have the strongest 1st party portfolio of titles. That'd be Nintendo.

Master Sage
    PSN ID
    I'll let you know.
    Items Olivia WildeArnold SchwarzneggerPearl JamSylvester StalloneScarlett JohanssonAC/DCAppleLegend of ZeldaBruce WillisNintendo 64Gran Turismo 5PlayStation
    Blasphemy!!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Michine View Post
    IM fairly confident sony wont fail, they have the strongest first parties, the game sequals are gonna be strong and their fan base is huge, and still growing. Games like metal gear solid, tekken, killzone, motorstorm, knack, watch dogs, littlebigplanet, gran turismo, god of war, imfamous and many many more games will drive sales and earn fan base. Sony has earned their name with quality games and great developers.If any console fails it'll be the wii u, but I think it will be another close console war between ps4 and the next box. BTW I love console wars, where both consoles try and push the bounderies of entertainment and games. Its just all round fun to me. But no, I actually think ps4 will win, but I also think it will be close.
    Wii U will do around N64 I think, no idea what Xbox will do, haven't seen much of it but if they're moving more towards entertainment than anything and don't release any new massive exclusive IPs then I'd say they'll be selling the fewest, probably close to Wii U but Wii U has Japan and a Dragon Quest title, which will be hard to top.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Wii U has Japan and a Dragon Quest title, which will be hard to top.
    Wii U will also have 2 Zelda titles, a 3D Mario, Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros, Pikmin and Metroid among others.

32 million Wii U sales is low, but Sony beats the Wii U handily when it's all said and done. Given that MS has already stated that the focus of the neXtbox is entertainment, I don't have high hopes for its future.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Yeah I see Sony having a clear lead over Wii U but both should easily pass 30 million, Xbox is up in the air since we know nothing about either the hardware or software. I still doubt they'll be able to keep up with Sony, it won't be as close as it was this gen, Sony seems to be getting out the door first and first party titles will be more important than ever next gen, which out of the 3, MS is the weakest.

Thread Information