Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Forum Sage
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

PS4 Pre-Orders Are at a High Demand

http://www.psperspective.net/index.php?showtopic=99306
    Good news the software pre-orders soon to follow.

One website has started taking pre-orders for Sony's PS4. They've encountered record-breaking numbers in traffic.
    With the introduction of new technology comes a swarm of urges to get ones hands on the freshest and latest iteration of a product. For us gamers, in this period of time, that “thing” is none other than the next-generation consoles. Unlike Microsoft, who still remains in the dark, Sony has presented the PS4.
    In order to guarantee a unit, pre-ordering is a must. Sure you’re still going to have to wait in line, tightly blanketed to combat the skin gripping, frosty weather for hours with a couple of buddies and a few energy drinks, but at least your hopes won’t be crushed once you reach the front only to find out they have sold out of what you’ve been eagerly waiting for. I’m not certain if any major retailers are accepting pre-orders for the PS4, as of now, but some websites are doing otherwise.
    Shopto.net, a premier in online gaming for the UK, have made the PS4 available for pre-orders. That very same night of Sony’s massive reveal, February 20, this website experienced an “unprecedented” amount of traffic. Staggering numbers that tripled and ridiculed the regular amount of traffic that the site encounters.
    They’ve stated record-breaking amounts of success for pre-orders. "It’s been the most successful console pre-order to date in our seven year history,” stated site spokesmen, James Rowson. “It resonates with our customer base because we’re very much a hardcore gamers’ destination, so the launch of a new PlayStation or Xbox console was always going to be pretty strong for us. But it has been unprecedented in terms of numbers. On the actual reveal night our site traffic even at one in the morning was treble its usual traffic.”
    Screen_shot_2013-03-13_at_sfgv11.19.31_AM.jpg

With an unofficial price tag of £399.85 ($517.77), the PS4 is at the top of the pre-orders list. The next nine items consist of games revealed during the conference as well as a DualShock 4 controller. The games are priced at £44.85 ($63.19) and the controller seems to cost £44.86 ($58.09). These prices are fairly reasonable and in the ballpark of what have been rumored in the past. The next-gen games are likely to stay at the cost of a current-gen game and the controller is likely to follow suit. As far as the console is concerned, many different prices have been speculated; however, the ones ranging from $500-600 may contain the most validity.
    The spike in pre-orders is assured, thanks to many of us impatiently waiting to get a hold of a next-generation console, whether it is the PS4 or the next Xbox. This is undoubtedly a tortuous wait, but it is one that we all will have to suffer through.

Source- NGU

Last edited by TwentyThree; 03-14-2013 at 23:57.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Good to know

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Can haz US pre-orders nao preez? I really want to pre-order now already. >_>
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I have no idea what my financial situation will be like at the end of the year, about to finish Uni and I need to find a job.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

5. Likes Shibby likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Saved $500 this month towards a PS4, hopefully more next month, $1,000 is a safe figure.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Forum Guru
    I would pre-order if it was available for my region too. But I think the best approach is to wait about 6 months to 1 year just after initial release...just in case of defective hardware might creep up..

Veteran
    Items LiverpoolUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    I have no idea what my financial situation will be like at the end of the year, about to finish Uni and I need to find a job.
    Identical situation for me.

Pre-orders can't be high in the US because you can't pre-order it yet.

GameStop reports that 600,000 people have signed up for their early notice list, which is just about the same number that signed up for their Wii U early info list.

Nothing matters until people can start laying money on the counter.

Super Elite
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Saved $500 this month towards a PS4, hopefully more next month, $1,000 is a safe figure.
    Keep saving! It's Australia here mate, they'll charge us a good 1,000,000 purely because they can!
    if I am in the PS3 or 360 section I will NOT post about the competitor just to please people, if you want to know what I think about the competitor link me to a thread in the appropriate section

Quote Originally Posted by Minnzy View Post
    Keep saving! It's Australia here mate, they'll charge us a good 1,000,000 purely because they can!
    They're punishing you for getting to live in such beautiful surrounding.

Poisonous creatures not withstanding.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Finding a job would be priority #1.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.”

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by arrowrand View Post
    Pre-orders can't be high in the US because you can't pre-order it yet.

GameStop reports that 600,000 people have signed up for their early notice list, which is just about the same number that signed up for their Wii U early info list.

Nothing matters until people can start laying money on the counter.
    Yep. And Gamestop automatically put me on the early notice when I bought a game there. I cant be the only one they did that with. As far as preorders go we'll see how many people actually come back and plop that money on the table. Especially since we havent even heard how much this console will cost.

Ultimate Veteran
    well i have about 200 dollars so far saved up as soon as gamestop starts pre-orders i will pre-order

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Altough I can't wait for it, I have a wedding this summer to attend and a little scared if slim comes early :S
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Yep. And Gamestop automatically put me on the early notice when I bought a game there. I cant be the only one they did that with. As far as preorders go we'll see how many people actually come back and plop that money on the table. Especially since we havent even heard how much this console will cost.
    Timmy at my local GameStop put me on the list too when I was in doing some pre-orders, but at least he told me about it Before he scanned the bar code to add me.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    so 400 quid is official price?

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Finding a job would be priority #1.
    False! PS4 is priority #1 ...however, need to find a job to fulfill this priority haha.

Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    so 400 quid is official price?
    No pretty much just a guess.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    False! PS4 is priority #1 ...however, need to find a job to fulfill this priority haha.
    Your reasoning still makes what I said true.

Master Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    There's other means to fill that priority if you don't want an official job. You can work for me. I'll put you out on the streets with the other hoes.

*I'm jk of course*

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    There's other means to fill that priority if you don't want an official job. You can work for me. I'll put you out on the streets with the other hoes.

*I'm jk of course*
    That would be still be a job, technically.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    Your reasoning still makes what I said true.
    Lol. In my version, you find a job because of your need for a PS4, rather than getting a PS4 because your job allows financial stability.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby View Post
    Lol. In my version, you find a job because of your need for a PS4, rather than getting a PS4 because your job allows financial stability.
    Either way, getting a job is priority #1. You can't put priority above the other if the other is required in order to accomplish the first. That defies logic. The PS4 can still be a motivator for said job though. Income is a beautiful thing. You can then prioritize what said income will buy. But without income, you have nothing... unless you mooch off your folks the rest of your life.

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    GalapagosaraY
    is there actually any point in preordering a console ? i have never seen a lack of console in a physical store the last 4-5 generations. Isnt the price just gonna be considerably higher than when it launches due to the "preorder luxury" ?

Cur.Playing PS3 : Back to the Future: Episode 2 - Monkey Island 2 SE: LeChuck's Revenge

Playing PC: Thief - Edna & Harvey: Harvey´s New Eyes

Recently Completed: Heavy Rain 8.0/10 - Devil May Cry 2 HD 4.5/10 - AC: Revelations 8.5/10

25. Likes MacP, AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by GalapagosaraY View Post
    is there actually any point in preordering a console ? i have never seen a lack of console in a physical store the last 4-5 generations. Isnt the price just gonna be considerably higher than when it launches due to the "preorder luxury" ?
    Uh... what? There was a shortage during the PS2 launch and the PS3 launch. There were PS3's going on eBay for over 1000 USD because of the shortage. Pre-ordering guarantees that you don't have to a) wait in ridiculously long lines in order to get one on launch day b) kill someone to get one or c) find some creative solution such as stealing it from someone that was in line and making a run for it.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    The Xbox360 and Wii also had supply constraints during launch, iirc. So yeah there is a point in pre-ordering if you want one guaranteed on day of release

Thread Information