Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26
  1. #1
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,067 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    Call of Duty “has almost ruined a generation of shooter players,” says Tripwire Inter

    A quote from this interview with Tripwire

    A small quote, rest on the site

    John Gibson, President: I think that single-player shooters are getting better. I think they’re finally coming out from under the shadow of the Hollywood movie, overblown “I’m on a rail” linear shooter. I’m talking about Call of Duty-style shooters.

    In the late ‘90s, you had the original Deus Ex, which was an RPG-shooter. And those kind of games almost took an eight year hiatus. And I’m so excited to see them coming back with interesting gameplay. Like the Fallout games, even though their shooting mechanics could really use some improvement, just mixing a really cool story, but not a linear story, one that you create yourself. The melding of RPG elements and shooter elements has been great. I’ve seen this reflected in a lot of the reviews, it’s like, “Okay guys, we’re tired of this on-rails experience.”

    On the flip side, I’m really discouraged by the current state of multiplayer shooters. I think that, and I hate to mention names, because it sounds like ‘I’m just jealous of their success,’ but I’m really, I feel like Call of Duty has almost ruined a generation of FPS players. I know that’s a bold statement, but I won’t just throw stones without backing it up. When I was developing Action Mode [for RO2], I got a group of people that I know that are pretty hardcore Call of Duty players. And my goal was to create

    something that was accessible enough for them to enjoy the game—not turn it into Call of Duty, but try to make something that I thought was casual enough but with the Red Orchestra gameplay style that they would enjoy. And we iterated on it a lot. And just listening to all the niggling, pedantic things that they would complain about, that made them not want to play the game, I just thought, “I give up. Call of Duty has ruined this whole generation of gamers.”
    http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/03/13/ca...a-2-interview/

    In a way he is right it has ruined it, with milking the series to death
    Last edited by claud3; 03-14-2013 at 16:52.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  2. #2
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    Kuro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Ore no Sekai
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Age
    21
    Posts
    13,106
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    533,462 (0 Banked)
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I'm sucked into this $#@! man x_x

    PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

  3. #3
    Unbound Mercenary
    Kwes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    16,250
    Rep Power
    144
    Points
    480,359 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!


    Some people love something, some hate it, its a common enough occurrence in everything.

    I think CoD would have ended a long time ago, except people are buying the games because they find them entertaining, quite simple.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.




  4. Likes claud3 likes this post
  5. #4
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,724
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,646 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    COD “has almost ruined a generation of shooter players”

    Did he really just say that?
    If anyone hear knows me I am inclined to agree, where are the unreals an Quakes thesedays? Unreal 3 was a flop and Quake live is loosing id money.

    Source


    Earlier this month I visited Killing Floor and Red Orchestra 2 creator Tripwire Interactive to play Rising Storm, the upcoming standalone expansion to RO2 (look for a preview on Monday). After the demo, Tripwire President John Gibson and I got talking about the state of first-person shooters, and Gibson laid out a detailed criticism about the way Call of Duty “takes individual skill out of the equation.” Gibson also expressed frustration over how difficult it had been trying to design a mode for Red Orchestra 2 that appealed to Call of Duty players.

    PCG: How do you feel about the state of FPSes?


    John Gibson, President: I think that single-player shooters are getting better. I think they’re finally coming out from under the shadow of the Hollywood movie, overblown “I’m on a rail” linear shooter. I’m talking about Call of Duty-style shooters. In the late ‘90s, you had the original Deus Ex, which was an RPG-shooter. And those kind of games almost took an eight year hiatus. And I’m so excited to see them coming back with interesting gameplay. Like the Fallout games, even though their shooting mechanics could really use some improvement, just mixing a really cool story, but not a linear story, one that you create yourself. The melding of RPG elements and shooter elements has been great. I’ve seen this reflected in a lot of the reviews, it’s like, “Okay guys, we’re tired of this on-rails experience.”

    On the flip side, I’m really discouraged by the current state of multiplayer shooters. I think that, and I hate to mention names, because it sounds like ‘I’m just jealous of their success,’ but I’m really, I feel like Call of Duty has almost ruined a generation of FPS players. I know that’s a bold statement, but I won’t just throw stones without backing it up. When I was developing Action Mode [for RO2], I got a group of people that I know that are pretty hardcore Call of Duty players. And my goal was to create something that was accessible enough for them to enjoy the game—not turn it into Call of Duty, but try to make something that I thought was casual enough but with the Red Orchestra gameplay style that they would enjoy. And we iterated on it a lot. And just listening to all the niggling, pedantic things that they would complain about, that made them not want to play the game, I just thought, “I give up. Call of Duty has ruined this whole generation of gamers.”



    What did they complain about?

    Gibson: It’s the gameplay mechanics that they become used to. The way that players instantly accelerate when they move, they don’t build up speed. “The weapons really don’t have a lot of power” [in RO2]. They’re all very weak. The way they handle… They’re like: “I hate Red Orchestra, I can’t play it.” Well, why? “Because the guy doesn’t move like he does in Call of Duty. Call of Duty has great movement.” Why is it great? “Because it just is, I just like the way it works.” So you don’t like the momentum system in Red Orchestra? “Yeah, it sucks, it’s clunky, it’s terrible.” Well, why? “It’s just because I’m used to this.”

    I make it sound like there was a combative conversation, probably because I get a little emotional when I think about it. But it was really a calm discussion of, “What don’t you like?” and “It doesn’t feel like Call of Duty.” Almost every element boiled down to “it doesn’t feel like Call of Duty.” And really, watching some of these guys play… one of the things that Call of Duty does, and it’s smart business, to a degree, is they compress the skill gap. And the way you compress the skill gap as a designer is you add a whole bunch of randomness. A whole bunch of weaponry that doesn’t require any skill to get kills. Random spawns, massive cone fire on your weapons. Lots of devices that can get kills with zero skill at all, and you know, it’s kind of smart to compress your skill gap to a degree. You don’t want the elite players to destroy the new players so bad that new players can never get into the game and enjoy it. I’m looking at you, Dota. [laughs] Sorry.

    But the skill gap is so compressed, that it’s like a slot machine. You might as well just sit down at a slot machine and have a thing that pops up an says “I got a kill!” They’ve taken individual skill out of the equation so much. So you see these guys—I see it all the time, they come in to play Red Orchestra, and they’re like “This game’s just too hardcore. I’m awesome at Call of Duty, so there’s something wrong with your game. Because I’m not successful at playing this game, so it must suck. I’m not the problem, it’s your game.” And sometimes as designers, it is our game. Sometimes we screw up, sometimes we design something that’s not accesible enough, they can’t figure it out, we didn’t give them enough information to figure out where to go… but more often than not, it’s because Call of Duty compressed their skill gap so much that these guys never needed to get good at a shooter. They never needed to get good at their twitch skills with a mouse.

    Players like Elliot [Cannon, Lead Designer] and I, back in the Quake and Unreal days, you know, we had to get good at aiming. These guys don’t have to anymore. The skill gap is so compressed that like, “The game makes me feel that I’m awesome.” These guys, when I actually watch them play, they’re actually very poor FPS players. And I don’t think it’s because they’re incapable of getting good, I think it’s because they never had to get good. They get enough kills in Call of Duty to feel like they’re awesome, but they never really had to develop their FPS skills beyond that.

    And it’s a shame because when you do that, when you create a shooter like that, you’re very limited on the amount of depth that you can give the game. It’s all gotta be very surface level, like I’m sitting there eating cotton candy and I never get any meat and potatoes. And it’s frustrating for me as a designer to see players come in and they’re literally like “In Call of Duty it takes 0.15 seconds to go into ironsights. In RO2 it takes 0.17 seconds to go into ironsights. I hate this.”
    Last edited by keefy; 03-14-2013 at 15:31.

  6. #5
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,067 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I posted this yesterday in the other games section and it now in the Call Of Duty Section

    http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...ter?highlight=
    Last edited by claud3; 03-14-2013 at 15:45.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  7. Likes keefy likes this post
  8. #6
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,573
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,299 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    what a twerp. COD has brought some of the best innovations to ever hit the FPS scene.

    bunch of $#@!ing butthurtin' newbs.

  9. #7
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,724
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,646 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    And the mods putting it in the COD section where only COD players will see it is only going to result in a 1 sided "discussion"
    Last edited by keefy; 03-14-2013 at 16:04.

  10. Likes claud3 likes this post
  11. #8
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,724
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,646 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its not about hating its about facts.

    High powered weapons + low health so time to kill is very low meaning less consistent aim is needed
    Slow movement so cannot dodge out of enemies aim as easy again so less consistent aim is needed
    Killstreaks that highlight enemies and can kill them through walls and buildings
    1 hit kill melee
    RADAR

    The guy was trying to create a mode for Red Orchestra 2 that would apeal to the masses (cod fans I guess) but those that played it didn't like it and the only reason they kept saying was its "not like COD"
    Last edited by keefy; 03-14-2013 at 16:24.

  12. #9
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    73
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    If you bring in a bunch of COD players for testing, what do you expect? Developers are as much at fault here as anyone because they are the ones seeking to copy what sells best. Just make your own game for christ sake. It doesn't have to sell 20m copies to be a success.

    Keefy I don't think low health / high weapon damage is a problem itself and it's not really a new thing either.

  13. #10
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,724
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,646 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I think the high power low damage started with counterstrike.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-14-2013 at 16:56.

  14. #11
    Supreme Veteran
    claud3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Agartha
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Age
    30
    Posts
    17,633
    Rep Power
    128
    Points
    1,067 (0 Banked)
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well this thread can be closed...

    We will share my thread then
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

  15. #12
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,573
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,299 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Its not about hating its about facts.

    High powered weapons + low health so time to kill is very low meaning less consistent aim is needed

    What? Lol it’s quite the opposite. Halo and COD brought the regen and high health (Halo had a shield, COD just takes a lot longer). Unless you mean Hardcore modes in COD, which still isn’t anything new, look up SOCOM, R6 (took 1 hit with any gun pretty much).
    Slow movement so cannot dodge out of enemies aim as easy again so less consistent aim is needed
    Again, not true, COD is quicker than a lot of games, unless you’re comparing it to Unreal Tournament. Actually, Counter-Strike had the feature where you move slow if you get shot.



    Killstreaks that highlight enemies and can kill them through walls and buildings
    Ok, but I don’t see the problem with it, it combats campers and keeps the game going, but yes it makes it more arcade-y.



    1 hit kill melee
    Don’t see anything wrong with it, Counter Strike just has way faster melee so it didn’t matter, Halo had one melee hit from the back. Melee should be one hit if you’re going to stab…difficult to stab in a game that has easy aim. So don’t see a problem.


    RADAR
    I don’t have a huge problem with this, I play hardcore anyway. However, if you want to argue, it’s actually still better than SOCOM and Counter Strike or most previous shooters as they would actually give you the direction of where the bullet sounds are coming from. Which is easier, at least in COD you have to look at the radar to guesstimate. It can sometimes throw you off.

    The guy was trying to create a mode for Red Orchestra 2 that would apeal to the masses (cod fans I guess) but those that played it didn't like it and the only reason they kept saying was its "not like COD"
    Don’t think the problem is COD, but that’s what they liked because it worked. If they actually created a game that was good, no one would care what it was not like.



    You can say that about any popular game in any genre. People will compare if it’s not good. No BF players say it’s not like COD. I say that they both can exist, I have fun playing both and can’t have my overall FPS without playing both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    If you bring in a bunch of COD players for testing, what do you expect? Developers are as much at fault here as anyone because they are the ones seeking to copy what sells best. Just make your own game for christ sake. It doesn't have to sell 20m copies to be a success.

    Keefy I don't think low health / high weapon damage is a problem itself and it's not really a new thing either.
    Agreed, while I like COD, I don't want every game to be like it, unless it does it better.

  16. #13
    Veteran
    jj03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,556
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    6,436 (0 Banked)
    Items Manchester United
    Pretty much agree...cod isn't deep at all, but where it does its job is in the way it gives you instant entertainment...having said all that, i bought bf3 and for a while, really enjoyed it. But then, started to get quite bored of all the camping snipers...so went back to cod.
    Last edited by jj03; 03-14-2013 at 16:56.

  17. #14
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,573
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,299 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    It hin the high power low damage started with counterstrike. COD took it to extremes by limiting movement even more and eventually adding killstreaks that take away control of the player making ti a poitn and click adventure game.
    Well it’s wrong because it started with R6. Counterstrike gives you a lot of health.

  18. #15
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,724
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,646 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Easy to pickup and play just liek goldeneye and such.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-14-2013 at 17:24.

  19. #16
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,724
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,646 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Counter strike RADAR only works when you or a team mate see the enemy otherwise they do not show up.
    The slowdown when hit in CS is called tagging happens in other games even Quake more so with the lighting gun than anything else.

    at the end of the day Its aimed at the masses for maximum profits so has ot be easy accessible no point making a game that takes many months to get good at in only 1 aspect of the game, it puts people off and thats what I th ink the developer was meaning. COd any player can jump right in have loads of fun and withing a couple hours be at the top of the scoreboards.
    Last edited by keefy; 03-14-2013 at 17:22.

  20. #17
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,573
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,299 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Counter strike RADAR only works when you or a team mate see the enemy otherwise they do not show up.
    The slowdown when hit in CS is called tagging happens in other games even Quake more so with the lighting gun than anything else.
    Yes, I forgot that CS had the radar too. Actually the new source one (forgot how the old one worked) works a lot like COD. You show up when you shoot, or whatever.

    at the end of the day Its aimed at the masses for maximum profits so has ot be easy accessible no point making a game that takes many months to get good at in only 1 aspect of the game, it puts people off and thats what I th ink the developer was meaning. COd any player can jump right in have loads of fun and withing a couple hours be at the top of the scoreboards.
    This is one thing these nerdy programmers don't get. If you want everyone then make an accessible game that is easy to master. It's always been this way.

    Where I disagree with you though is that I don't know of a game today that takes more than a month to master. Yes, BF3 has more things to master but that's not the point. A game like CS and BF3 require more time to master but they're both easy games...maybe not for newbies but in general, I find just as much challenge in S&D COD vs SOCOM/CS/BF3. They're just different games.

  21. #18
    Elite Member
    LastManDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,995
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    10,811 (0 Banked)
    CoD brought perks and killstreaks and I hate both, but I don't blame them. Its their thing and if I don't like it I don't have to play it.

    The fault is with the developers who copy them to get the "COD" crowd and now its in all the other MP games.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

  22. #19
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,573
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,299 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    CoD brought perks and killstreaks and I hate both, but I don't blame them. Its their thing and if I don't like it I don't have to play it.

    The fault is with the developers who copy them to get the "COD" crowd and now its in all the other MP games.
    Plenty of good developer that know how to either implement these features or completely avoid and show something new. I see no issue, COD is not the only influential shooter out there.

    This happens all the time. COD stole a bunch of stuff from CS/SOCOM/HALO.

  23. #20
    Flaw3d Genius
    Guest
    not turn it into Call of Duty, but try to make something that I thought was casual enough but with the Red Orchestra gameplay style that they would enjoy.
    Why do games need to be casual focused in the first place?

  24. #21
    Elite Member
    LastManDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,995
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    10,811 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Plenty of good developer that know how to either implement these features or completely avoid and show something new. I see no issue, COD is not the only influential shooter out there.
    Edit: COD is the most influential though.

    Halo was influential too, they popularized the whole regenerative health and two weapon swap thing. Some games are great with that model, but when other games change it to that (Resistance 1 to Resistance 2) its like what the $#@!? It works in some cases (New IPs), but when you change an already good thing to something like that its like wtf?

    Original Post: I personally don't like killstreaks and perks. One reason is I think they make the games harder to balance and the randomness factor shoots through the roof. I'm fine with it being in COD. People like it, so let them enjoy it.

    But I imagine the day, Ubisoft shows off Rainbow Six: Patriots and they go, "This is the first Rainbow Six where we'll have Killstreaks and Perks!"

    And I'll be like...



    This happens all the time. COD stole a bunch of stuff from CS/SOCOM/HALO.
    There's nothing wrong with developers copying something that's good and implementing it in their games. Just because someone did it first means you can't do it now? Like Horde mode or prestige ranking for example.
    Last edited by LastManDancing; 03-14-2013 at 18:32.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

  25. #22
    Super Elite
    Sir_Scud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Posts
    2,072
    Rep Power
    66
    Points
    10,718 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogFinal Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I don't really agree with the article. He might be discouraged as he tries to make a game that's not CoD, but casual, but other developers have done just that. The only difference is CoD has ridiculous blown up numbers of players. Unless a new shooter comes along and does things in such a way to attract a gigantic majority, I don't see that changing.

    Those same people he mentions complaining about gameplay choices they made for their games, well, look at their game history. If the people complaining are only playing CoD every year and another sports game or two, yeah, don't expect them to love playing something different.


  26. #23
    Forum Overseer
    Omar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Addison, TX.
    Age
    32
    Posts
    30,573
    Rep Power
    191
    Points
    108,299 (0 Banked)
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Why do games need to be casual focused in the first place?
    Because he wanted the COD piece of pie and now $#@!ing because he failed utterly.
    Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    Edit: COD is the most influential though.
    Can be argued, CS really opened up the whole thing and it's been like that more or less the same.

    Halo was influential too, they popularized the whole regenerative health and two weapon swap thing.
    Well they sort of invented it.
    Some games are great with that model, but when other games change it to that (Resistance 1 to Resistance 2) its like what the $#@!? It works in some cases (New IPs), but when you change an already good thing to something like that its like wtf?

    Original Post: I personally don't like killstreaks and perks. One reason is I think they make the games harder to balance and the randomness factor shoots through the roof. I'm fine with it being in COD. People like it, so let them enjoy it.

    But I imagine the day, Ubisoft shows off Rainbow Six: Patriots and they go, "This is the first Rainbow Six where we'll have Killstreaks and Perks!"

    And I'll be like...



    There's nothing wrong with developers copying something that's good and implementing it in their games. Just because someone did it first means you can't do it now? Like Horde mode or prestige ranking for example.
    Nothing wrong with perks if done right. Perks don't have to be done exactly the same way. They can easily implement a system where you level up in certain areas, getting better stats, a la RPGs. But that doesn't mean that I want them in the game. I do want diversity. But if they want to implement something, go for it, just don't $#@! it up.

    Actually UBIsoft totally $#@!ed up R6 but that's beside the point. R6 wasn't that great to begin with, they made it better but also messed it up.

  27. #24
    Elite Member
    LastManDancing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Age
    27
    Posts
    1,995
    Rep Power
    55
    Points
    10,811 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Because he wanted the COD piece of pie and now $#@!ing because he failed utterly.
    This.

    Can be argued, CS really opened up the whole thing and it's been like that more or less the same.
    Talking about this generation. COD is the most influential shooter this generation.

    Well they sort of invented it.
    I wasn't sure, because anyone will swoop in (Swoopings bad) to correct something.

    Nothing wrong with perks if done right.
    And (In competitive multiplayer) I don't think they're done right.

    But that doesn't mean that I want them in the game. I do want diversity. But if they want to implement something, go for it, just don't $#@! it up.
    Exactly, but they implement them right and mess up in a lot of cases.

    Actually UBIsoft totally $#@!ed up R6 but that's beside the point. R6 wasn't that great to begin with, they made it better but also messed it up.


    But seriously, difference in taste then.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

  28. #25
    Supreme Veteran
    keefy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The Sock Gap
    Posts
    17,724
    Rep Power
    127
    Points
    60,646 (0 Banked)
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    If you are a PC/mac/linux only dev then you aint ever going to get the revenue of a COD game.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.