View Poll Results: How is the moderation?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Too strict

3 11.11%
  • Too lenient

2 7.41%
  • Just right

22 81.48%
Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Is Our Moderating Too Strict Or Too Lenient?

Over the years we've have members complain that the moderation is too soft and some members that complain the moderation is too strict. I want to get a general feel of the community's stance.

Let's try to keep this discussion going as long as possible by staying civil.
    Last edited by Ixion; 03-14-2013 at 15:35.

2. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    Members who are loyal, and rule abiding will say its too lenient, rulebreakers will say its too strict.

While it is not that bad now, it has become more lenient over time. Not to say it wasn't before, just things that repeat.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

overstepping the mark
    PSN ID
    SHAFT_N_BALLS
    Items User name style
    I voted 'too strict'.

Quote Originally Posted by F34R View Post
    Ok... I was wrong. Happy?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    They are just right

Mind I did have a thread yesterday about C.O.D nearly ruining the shooter and it seem to have disappeared

WHY
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    They are just right

Mind I did have a thread yesterday about C.O.D nearly ruining the shooter and it seem to have disappeared

WHY
    This thread?

http://www.psu.com/forums/showthread...Tripwire-Inter

Master Sage
    Honestly, I feel the amount of moderation on PSU is just right.

There was a time where I'd say the staff need to loosen up on the content that can be posted but that time has been and gone, and is all but forgotten. I've seen a huge improvement to the staff of PSU over the last couple of years. AJe and Seb did a great job, don't get me wrong, but things have been so much better since Doug took over management.

For example, the removal of the swear filter - I'm not saying I need to be able to say '$#@!' every two sentences but the fact that we CAN grants us -- the public -- more freedom than when Seb ran the site. With Doug in control, we're being treated as adults, not as children.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

8. Likes Omar likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    It's strict when there's no need and lenient when there is. I also think that mods should not add in their moderation messages about how they (them and other mods) felt about the situation.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    I find it just right sometimes I think you guys are strict..sometimes

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    It's strict when there's no need and lenient when there is. I also think that mods should not add in their moderation messages about how they (them and other mods) felt about the situation.
    Didn't you complain before that the mods didn't explain enough why the ban was occurring? Now you want us to remove the message entirely?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Yes, I found it

Since this is a multi platform game, I assumed the other games section was the right place to put it

But thanks for the move
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    i voted just right, though
    4. No Trolling Trolling is defined as posting something off-topic or offensive deliberately in order to aggravate other members, with the view to causing an argument. Members that reply (Fall for the bait) to the troll post will be dealt with in the same way as the troll.You can post news/comments but it must be supported and presented impartially without bias to a particular company. Any one posting without linking to a supporting article, in a trolling manner will be assumed to be posting with the intention of damaging this forum community and/or causing ill will in the community and will be perma-banned outright.
    the only srtict rule on the forums...

people sometimes get caught out, misfortune on their part does not warrant such treatment.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I think we need to crack down on things like spam posts, other than that I think we do a good job.

Master Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    I think we need to crack down on things like spam posts, other than that I think we do a good job.
    That is one thing I do think PSU needs to improve upon.

I hate spam, regardless of whether it's what the thread is about or not. My confessions thread that I made yesterday was spammed within minutes despite the OP explaining the rules of the thread. It didn't stop certain members trying to ruin it for everyone, though. With that said, though, the staff did a good job of deleting the spam posts and, for that, I applaud them. I just wish spam was something that could be easier controlled or stopped altogether. It really does bring the maturity level of PSU down a notch or two when people just feel the need to type 'lol bewbz' in a thread that actually has nothing to do with the female form.

One more thing that PSU could work on -- and something that I have bought up before with Cuguy -- is the addition of a 'melee' forum. There are times where members get to each other and want to rant directly at that member but can't because of the rules in the place. With a Melee Forum in place, threads can be created aimed directly at that member and stuff can be said (non-derogatory, of course) without any punishment, but the argument is confined to that forum only. If it laps over into other forums, warn/ban them. Maybe PSU can consider putting a melee forum in place?

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i voted just right, though

the only srtict rule on the forums...

people sometimes get caught out, misfortune on their part does not warrant such treatment.
    That rule encourages members to report the offender and let us nip it in the bud, instead of perpetuating a personal argument that ruins the thread for everyone else.

It's especially annoying when someone reports a post and responds to it anyway, thinking it's OK to continue the exchange without being penalized, simply because you reported the post.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I guess that is aimed at me Ghost LMAO

That is true SpamBots are a nightmare and that is the only thing that needs fixed,

Ultimate Veteran
    I think it's pretty good. So I voted just right. Obviously, I don't always feel the proper punishment, or lack of, has been right but for the most part I feel that it has. Mistakes will always happen though, that's where a staff that listens to the member(s) pointing them out are vital.
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    That is one thing I do think PSU needs to improve upon.

I hate spam, regardless of whether it's what the thread is about or not. My confessions thread that I made yesterday was spammed within minutes despite the OP explaining the rules of the thread. It didn't stop certain members trying to ruin it for everyone, though. With that said, though, the staff did a good job of deleting the spam posts and, for that, I applaud them. I just wish spam was something that could be easier controlled or stopped altogether. It really does bring the maturity level of PSU down a notch or two when people just feel the need to type 'lol bewbz' in a thread that actually has nothing to do with the female form.

One more thing that PSU could work on -- and something that I have bought up before with Cuguy -- is the addition of a 'melee' forum. There are times where members get to each other and want to rant directly at that member but can't because of the rules in the place. With a Melee Forum in place, threads can be created aimed directly at that member and stuff can be said (non-derogatory, of course) without any punishment, but the argument is confined to that forum only. If it laps over into other forums, warn/ban them. Maybe PSU can consider putting a melee forum in place?
    So we can't say bewbz because you feel it it's not mature but going at each other like little kids is fine and mature?

Ok.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    So we can't say bewbz because you feel it it's not mature but going at each other like little kids is fine and mature?

Ok.
    The difference is that the 'bewbz' posts are derailing a thread about something else, whereas this 'melee' forum is actually about settling arguments.

I think it's an interesting idea to be honest.

21. Likes Jaeger likes this post
    Community Manager
    PSN ID
    Fijiandoce
    That rule encourages members to report the offender and let us nip it in the bud, instead of perpetuating a personal argument that ruins the thread for everyone else.

It's especially annoying when someone reports a post and responds to it anyway, thinking it's OK to continue the exchange without being penalized, simply because you reported the post.
    i was unclear in my explanation, i do apologise. i meant the wording is strict and ill conceived. its sounds like if you fall for the bait you will get banned too. and some people may genuinely fall for the bait.

i understand why its there but i only meant the rule should be revised...or reworded at least
    Last edited by Fijiandoce; 03-14-2013 at 16:04.
    Sig courtesy of the_jim

Master Sage
    The difference is that the 'bewbz' posts are derailing a thread about something else, whereas this 'melee' forum is actually about settling arguments.

Thank you, you summed it up much better than what I did.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    I guess that is aimed at me Ghost LMAO

That is true SpamBots are a nightmare and that is the only thing that needs fixed,
    Not just you claud, just in general. I was really glad to see your thread and your decision to change you ways. I just think in general, spam should be kept to certain threads, and these threads shouldn't count towards post count.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fijiandoce View Post
    i was unclear in my explanation, i do apologise. i meant the wording is strict and ill conceived. its sounds like if you fall for the bait you will get banned too.

i understand why its there but i only meant the rule should be revised...or reworded at least
    If someone goes into a PS4 thread and just says, 'lol PS4 is going to be a failure. Suck on that fanboys!', and then someone responds and says, 'GTFO $#@! Xbot', then we're going to punish both people.

If you simply reply and say, 'OK whatever', then you're not going to get punished. Your post will probably just be removed to keep the thread clean.

So perhaps a rewording would make sense.

26. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Ultimate Veteran
    I think the problem with a melee forum would be that it would create a hostile feeling directed at some members. Someone that isn't inclined to answer back may feel pushed out from the forums.

Personally, a few months ago, I lost the motivation to post or read posts almost entirely. I figured out that I'd just starting posting when and how I feel like. And I would never argue back and forth with anyone, I just state my opinion and move on. Hence my signature. I'd never bother responding in a melee forum personally.
    Other opinions are available.

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    Thank you, you summed it up much better than what I did.
    Point taken but do you guys honestly think that a melee section would work? Seems like it wouldn't serve a point as the whole reason why people argue in a thread is because it's about that certain thread. What are they going to argue about in a different section? you might as well PM one another...we all know how useful that is with arguments.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    Infractions & Bans board shouldn't be view by members

Thread Information