Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2

I'm looking to buy a new ps3 headset what do you guys recommend as a good headset ?

Apprentice
    Items Joker (limited ICON)
    Unless i'm online with my mates, I normally just Mute All at the start of every game. I don't want to listen or talk to anyone I don't know even on my own team. TBH talking gets in the way of online gaming anyway, IMO.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I use a headset all the time but not always for the voice comms. Teh only game right now I do use voice is BF3 and then its with my friends when we squad upand rarely with random strangers.

PSN ID
    o0_StatiK
    I really only use my headset when I'm playing with my buddies. Even then, I'm muting everyone except my buddies. 90% of the people that I see with mics have the sensitivity turned WAY up to the point of where I can hear their TV, parents fighting, them chewing their gum like a cow, etc. Others usually are speaking their native language, very, VERY loud.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    If i go on alone i mute or just take the headset out...Do not get me wrong not every person online is a complete arse

If i was on with you guys it would be down right awesome.. Other than that i would mute
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    I'm the same as everyone here. I usually just use it when my friends and I are playing. I have a set of Turtle Beach P11's and I usually keep the chat volume down. Those kids going through puberty are very annoying

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrik07 View Post
    Unless i'm online with my mates, I normally just Mute All at the start of every game. I don't want to listen or talk to anyone I don't know even on my own team. TBH talking gets in the way of online gaming anyway, IMO.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Not unless I'm playing with friends.

Forum Guru
    PSN ID
    djpenny1
    when i play online (bf3) i don't get games with people that say they $#@!ed my mother

Elite Guru
    Items Naughty DogMetal Gear SolidPlayStation
    I don't use my headset unless it is someone I know already. I tend to mute all the folk who feel the need to let us hear their $#@! music and coughing and what-not. Don't people have manners anymore?

The amount of cRap music I hear when playing Madden is a joke and the amount of trash talkers and squeakers on CoD is enough to drive anyone mad.

Oh and lets not forget those who feel the need to sing down their headset to the trash they are listening to.

Forum Sage

I just don't bother with the mic, period. I'd rather not go through the trouble of muting, ignoring or whatever.

Elite Guru
    It's not just annoying kids, it's annoying people of ALL ages. Like I used to enjoy talking to new people in Home before they had to cut the public chat, so then I ended up only talking to people after I'd become close with them so it was the same as just talking to any of my normal friends. But when people want to blast music or just talking crap and being insulting for the sake of trolling. If I'm playing with a close friend in a shooter or need for speed and we decide to go into a public game we'll keep our mics on to communicate with each other and if other people chime in that's fine, when they turn into jerks I mute them, but even then you still have the okay people who have load kids in the background. I wont penalize them for that but it's still pretty annoying when they yell in their home I get hit in the ear with it.

I suspect aside from the fact that xbox people are paying for the ability to talk smack to each other in games they're probably mostly only talking to friends too. Everyone I know basically uses their xboxs as skype machines for party chats. PS3 can do that but just not while playing games because the functionality uses too much ram out of what they have to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by lynchyknight View Post
    I'm looking to buy a new ps3 headset what do you guys recommend as a good headset ?
    Assuming the official Sony headsets are too expensive for you I'd say the best results I've ever had were with Jabra and Samsung. You can get decent sound and clarity and not spend more than 25 - 30 bucks.
    Last edited by Alpha2; 03-31-2013 at 05:54.

PSN ID
    Prettyboy_Fioyd
    Nooo. I'm uncomfortable in the company of people I deem strangers...Hey! Just like real life.

It drives me nuts now.. Unless I am in a private chat or a squad only chat most times I turn my head set off and only turn it on unless I hear someone that is productively chatting.

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Last time i used my headset was when i was playing resistence 1 years ago...some excellent team work back then, amongst adults...now, its just mouthy yank/brit kids, chattin racist $#@!...$#@!in idiots.

Edit: with exception of last night...great team work with a few guys on god of war 4 v 4 multiplayer...
    Last edited by jj03; 04-12-2013 at 20:27.

I usually just mute people that are using mics. If I'm playing in a group then I'll turn it on for better game control. I'm use to playing mmo's so head sets are used for the purpose of pwning

PSN ID
    BOTH-_-BARRELZ
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    Yeah, I agree. The PS4 should have an age filter for online games. That would be immense.

Awesome idea. Ps4, are you listening.

What winds me up is the ones who turn in their mics and have music blaring in the background. I just don't get that. Thank god for the mute button.
    "I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly".

Thread Information