Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 515 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Sweet now are these optional bosses harder than the final bosses like in FF games?
    Except for one. Which is the purpose of you gaining the Star Dusts.

3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Not played it in a few days but as Ray has caught up, hopefully get a few more hours in.

I'm at the Dragon's Nest so I assume I'm nearing the end of disc1?

PSN ID: gersfc

Twitter ID: gers_PSU
    Twitch ID: 19gers87
    Youtube Channel: gers87fc

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Not played it in a few days but as Ray has caught up, hopefully get a few more hours in.

I'm at the Dragon's Nest so I assume I'm nearing the end of disc1?
    not even close lol...theres still much to go through. I believe you just went through the marshland and at the dragons nest you will fight the yellow tusk dragon. Then theres much to be seen. You havent met shirley yet? Im on my mobile phone, excuse my punctuation lol.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Items Protect yourselfFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    not even close lol...theres still much to go through. I believe you just went through the marshland and at the dragons nest you will fight the yellow tusk dragon. Then theres much to be seen. You havent met shirley yet? Im on my mobile phone, excuse my punctuation lol.
    Punctuation excused lol no I haven't met Shirley yet.

Without giving too much away, is it possible for Dart to gain more Dragon Spirits?

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Punctuation excused lol no I haven't met Shirley yet.

Without giving too much away, is it possible for Dart to gain more Dragon Spirits?
    yes but not in a long time. You better not search for spoilers lol....

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I promise I won't lol you are like an interactive walkthrough anyway mate lol without the spoilers

Have you any plans to start Legends of Dragoon?
    Last edited by Gers; 03-23-2013 at 21:32.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I promise I won't lol you are like an interactive wakkthrough anyway mate lol

Have you any plans to start Legends of Dragoon?
    I already have. Im few hours ahead still in the first disc. The thing is I have been finishing a killing record resisfance fall of man. just need 10000 more kills to round up 300000 kills. Also been working on some characters additions.

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I already have. Im few hours ahead still in the first disc. The thing is I have been finishing a killing record resisfance fall of man. just need 10000 more kills to round up 300000 kills. Also been working on some characters additions.
    Sweet! Will you be keeping us updated on your progress?

Off topic: I also have Resonance of Fate, how do you rate it? Never got around to playing it

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Sweet! Will you be keeping us updated on your progress?

Off topic: I also have Resonance of Fate, how do you rate it? Never got around to playing it
    Would love to keep updating with you guys but id rather read it from you guys since this is your very first playthrough. Harpoon!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Would love to keep updating with you guys but id rather read it from you guys since this is your very first playthrough. Harpoon!
    I see your point mate, I can't speak for Ray but I'll try and get through this game so you can post your updates and for my own enjoyment of course!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Hopefully, when I get done with my FPS. I'll join you guys, I may go a bit slower because completing the additions up to 99.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    While not directed towards me, I can address this question. Personally, I really enjoyed the game. It is a lot of fun and the characters are very interesting. 3 person party based on pistol/grenade/machine gun weaponry combat. It's an interesting concept in that Machine guns deal the most damage in the form of "scratch" damage. Scratch damage appears over the opponents health by turning the bar blue.

Example: Enemy has 100 hit points. You deal 50 points of "scratch" damage with a machine gun, so now half of their health bar is blue. Now, "scratch" damage isn't permanent. It will begin to heal and go away. If, however, after the 50 points of scratch damage you hit that same enemy using a pistol or grenade, then that scratch damage goes away, along with 50 points of the enemies real health. AKA, that damage is permanent. You can use the pistol/grenade to deal permanent damage without causing any scratch damage, but the damage done by just a pistol or grenade is negligible against enemies of equal or greater power level.

Personally, I believe you would enjoy the system. It does have a very sharp learning curve, however, and is particularly difficult to make use of at low levels due to the "shards" mechanism which guides the "super moves" or more advanced combat capabilities. That being said, however, the story and gameplay had me captivated.

I will add, however, that the game has one of the most tedious trophies ever. As I have tried to platinum the game (and am only two trophies away from doing so), I can tell you this is the most discouraging trophy I have ever attempted. Much worse than getting all of the ultimate weapons in FFXIII (Adamantine farming or whatever that substance was). The arena. 50 "levels" witch 10 rounds each. At max level (300- level 100 in pistol, grenade and machine gun) mid level matches can take as little as 1 minute each round due to load times. Matches above your level, of equal level to your characters, or just the upper level arena rounds in general, require 1+ minutes to complete. Therefore, to get that trophy, you're pretty much looking at a minimum of 500 minutes. And assuming you start the arena BEFORE reaching level 100 (very common, higher than level 100 really just means your overachieving or actually trying to level up) then you're realistically looking at I'd say 800+ minutes. Truly, the most repetitive trophy I have ever attempted. I could only manage doing it in bursts, so the trophy took me quite a while to get.

Anyways, that's just my personal advice on the matter. And, since this is a thread of LOD, I will simply say that having been keeping up with everyone's progress, I am really wanting to play this game again. Such great memories. Not to mention that I never have fought that secret boss, I'd really love to try my luck with him.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

13. Likes Gers likes this post
    Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    Hopefully, when I get done with my FPS. I'll join you guys, I may go a bit slower because completing the additions up to 99.
    I don't know if you're mistaken, but I maxed out at 80. And about to fight the dragon as I type this
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc

The Legend of Dragoon General Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    I don't know if you're mistaken, but I maxed out at 80. And about to fight the dragon as I type this
    You are on level 80???? Nah you can't be!

Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    While not directed towards me, I can address this question. Personally, I really enjoyed the game. It is a lot of fun and the characters are very interesting. 3 person party based on pistol/grenade/machine gun weaponry combat. It's an interesting concept in that Machine guns deal the most damage in the form of "scratch" damage. Scratch damage appears over the opponents health by turning the bar blue.

Example: Enemy has 100 hit points. You deal 50 points of "scratch" damage with a machine gun, so now half of their health bar is blue. Now, "scratch" damage isn't permanent. It will begin to heal and go away. If, however, after the 50 points of scratch damage you hit that same enemy using a pistol or grenade, then that scratch damage goes away, along with 50 points of the enemies real health. AKA, that damage is permanent. You can use the pistol/grenade to deal permanent damage without causing any scratch damage, but the damage done by just a pistol or grenade is negligible against enemies of equal or greater power level.

Personally, I believe you would enjoy the system. It does have a very sharp learning curve, however, and is particularly difficult to make use of at low levels due to the "shards" mechanism which guides the "super moves" or more advanced combat capabilities. That being said, however, the story and gameplay had me captivated.

I will add, however, that the game has one of the most tedious trophies ever. As I have tried to platinum the game (and am only two trophies away from doing so), I can tell you this is the most discouraging trophy I have ever attempted. Much worse than getting all of the ultimate weapons in FFXIII (Adamantine farming or whatever that substance was). The arena. 50 "levels" witch 10 rounds each. At max level (300- level 100 in pistol, grenade and machine gun) mid level matches can take as little as 1 minute each round due to load times. Matches above your level, of equal level to your characters, or just the upper level arena rounds in general, require 1+ minutes to complete. Therefore, to get that trophy, you're pretty much looking at a minimum of 500 minutes. And assuming you start the arena BEFORE reaching level 100 (very common, higher than level 100 really just means your overachieving or actually trying to level up) then you're realistically looking at I'd say 800+ minutes. Truly, the most repetitive trophy I have ever attempted. I could only manage doing it in bursts, so the trophy took me quite a while to get.

Anyways, that's just my personal advice on the matter. And, since this is a thread of LOD, I will simply say that having been keeping up with everyone's progress, I am really wanting to play this game again. Such great memories. Not to mention that I never have fought that secret boss, I'd really love to try my luck with him.
    -FatesServant
    Thanks for the summary, +rep

Sometimes I wish I don't ask about games as it just makes me want to play them!

Do you own Legends of Dragoon?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Items Iron Maiden3DSBaby ChocoboDr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturama
    You are on level 80???? Nah you can't be!
    no that's the max number of additions you can perform before its maxed out!

17. Likes Gers likes this post
    Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    no that's the max number of additions you can perform before its maxed out!
    Oh thank god! You had me panicking

You are ahead of me now mate

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Oh thank god! You had me panicking

You are ahead of me now mate
    Haha awesome! Now hurry the hell up and catch up!
    just kidding. Besides you'll pass me up in no time with your vacation time next week lol

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    I am on going on now to catch up lol

You been collecting all those stardust?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Yeah got 9 so far

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Yeah got 9 so far
    I have 10

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Are you using the guide RVD supplied? I think I know which I missed. Which I'm going back for right now lol

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Are you using the guide RVD supplied? I think I know which I missed. Which I'm going back for right now lol
    Yeah I am mate. Where did you miss 1? Lol

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    At the 7th knighthood. I went straight to the dragons nest

Counting Bro
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Cmon man, you missed it even with a guide! up your game dude

I haven't been able to perform Lavitz' Rod Typhoon addition at all! So tough! Lol

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Lol! Yeah well I was just going with the storyline. And the dragons best was next, so I thought maybe afterwards it would take me there. But it didn't, so I have to go back now

Thread Information