Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 35 111 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 867
  1. #1
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII

    The Legend of Dragoon General Discussion Thread

    Plan to start this game for the first time in a few weeks when I'm on holiday.

    Anyway didn't really hear of this game at the time when it was released. Having read a little about it, it seems the game has turned in to a cult classic, so I started this thread to get people's opinions on the game and to talk BS on my play through

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  2. #2
    ***** dweller
    Fon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    @Home
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6,094
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    105,012 (10,000 Banked)
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Plan to start this game for the first time in a few weeks when I'm on holiday.

    Anyway didn't really hear of this game at the time when it was released. Having read a little about it, it seems the game has turned in to a cult classic, so I started this thread to get people's opinions on the game and to talk BS on my play through
    Don't miss a single stardust. They are hidden throughout the game and I believe that if you miss 1 or 2 of them than you'll miss out on a good side-quest completely!

    Have fun, the game is really good.







  3. #3
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,648 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Don't miss a single stardust. They are hidden throughout the game and I believe that if you miss 1 or 2 of them than you'll miss out on a good side-quest completely!

    Have fun, the game is really good.
    You see Gersfc? This is why I was recommending to use an online list finding them lol. My memory serves me well...
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

  4. #4
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    61,130 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Was gonna grab this off the US Store with my free $10, but didn't lol, I have a massive backlog of JRPGs now though.
    Quote Originally Posted by meanspartan
    "Oh we accidentally did something awesome that a lot of owners of our struggling handheld find to be awesome and exciting? Better fix that!"

  5. #5
    Master Guru
    Silvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    North Carolina
    Age
    21
    Posts
    7,092
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    25,922 (31,233 Banked)
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    This is one of my favorite games. Prepare for your ***** to explode with confetti and unicorns.

    Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

  6. #6
    Member
    Monte666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    PSN ID
    Themolaculeman
    Posts
    141
    Rep Power
    15
    Points
    606 (0 Banked)
    Just got it off the PlayStation store it is definitely the 5 bucks


    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

  7. #7
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    You see Gersfc? This is why I was recommending to use an online list finding them lol. My memory serves me well...
    Yeah you called it right mate lol

    Well I had a sneaky half hour on it last night. Obviously not a great deal in to the game but so far the additions feature seems to be a neat touch, makes the battles more interactive.

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  8. #8
    Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    PSN ID
    sektoderselters9
    Age
    33
    Posts
    149
    Rep Power
    13
    Points
    858 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Was gonna grab this off the US Store with my free $10, but didn't lol, I have a massive backlog of JRPGs now though.
    I bought Xenogears with the 10$, I already had LoD. However, I never completed LoD :-/

  9. #9
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter von Frosta View Post
    I bought Xenogears with the 10$, I already had LoD. However, I never completed LoD :-/
    I made a US account about a year ago specifically for this game and Chrono Trigger as they ain't available in the EU store

    Would that mean that I'd have 10$ on my US account?

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  10. #10
    Forum Elder
    RaY_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    31,425 (0 Banked)
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter von Frosta View Post
    I bought Xenogears with the 10$, I already had LoD. However, I never completed LoD :-/
    I had won a $10 card from Chille, and was torn between LoD and Xenogears. In the end I chose LoD as I have never played it. Although I never beat Xenogears lol. That's my next game to get, as the new "X" game on the Wii U seems to be a Xenogears sequel.
    But I think I'm going to start this tonight, since someone started without me
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

  11. #11
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    I had won a $10 card from Chille, and was torn between LoD and Xenogears. In the end I chose LoD as I have never played it. Although I never beat Xenogears lol. That's my next game to get, as the new "X" game on the Wii U seems to be a Xenogears sequel.
    But I think I'm going to start this tonight, since someone started without me
    Well if you are starting it as may as well continue it

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  12. #12
    Forum Elder
    RaY_210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    PSN ID
    RaYU84
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,679
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    31,425 (0 Banked)
    Items Dr. DreDragon Ball Z3DSPS3 SlimNintendo 64TOOLPink FloydAC/DCFuturamaMetallica
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Well if you are starting it as may as well continue it
    Lol guess we're starting it early then
    Thanks to THUGGEDOUT for the sig, The Black Wolf for the av.
    Life's too short to be sober! Drunk with power!

  13. #13
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by RaY_210 View Post
    Lol guess we're starting it early then
    Cool, looking forward to this. Are you going online and getting the Stardust list as suggested by Fon & RVD?

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  14. #14
    Forum Elder
    RedOrb_Collector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Age
    26
    Posts
    2,934
    Rep Power
    101
    Points
    12,656 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Enjoy the game.

    It's probably my favorite story/ending to an JRPG.

  15. #15
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    61,130 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    I made a US account about a year ago specifically for this game and Chrono Trigger as they ain't available in the EU store

    Would that mean that I'd have 10$ on my US account?
    Dunno you mightve had to buy something off the Store, I checked my very old US account which I bought nothing off of and it didn't get $10. I buy pretty much all my digital stuff off the US Store now though (especially the PS1 and 2 games because they're NTSC).
    Quote Originally Posted by meanspartan
    "Oh we accidentally did something awesome that a lot of owners of our struggling handheld find to be awesome and exciting? Better fix that!"

  16. #16
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Dunno you mightve had to buy something off the Store, I checked my very old US account which I bought nothing off of and it didn't get $10. I buy pretty much all my digital stuff off the US Store now though (especially the PS1 and 2 games because they're NTSC).
    I bought Chrono Trigger and Legend of Dragoon of there. Just checked and I didn't get the $10! Maybe you had to be registered for so long before you were entitled to it or something

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  17. #17
    Elite Guru
    Nitey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Age
    25
    Posts
    5,675
    Rep Power
    59
    Points
    40,911 (0 Banked)
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    Enjoy the game.

    It's probably my favorite story/ending to an JRPG.
    This.

    Enjoy. Amazing game..
    I won $20 from Chille over Xmas, if it's only $5 I might have to get it.
    I have no faith they'll bring it over on the EU psn store unfortunatley - as I would love to play it on Vita

  18. #18
    Elite Member
    FatesServant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    64
    Points
    8,521 (0 Banked)
    For only $5.00, it would be a sin not to buy this game (if not already owned/beaten). This is truly one of the best RPG's to come out during the first generation of Playstation RPGs. Unfortunately it was over shadowed by other titles, and not given media attention it deserved. Very good reason it's a cult favorite.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

  19. #19
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,648 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

  20. Likes RaY_210 , Gers likes this post
  21. #20
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    61,130 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    LoD is $6, not $5.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    I bought Chrono Trigger and Legend of Dragoon of there. Just checked and I didn't get the $10! Maybe you had to be registered for so long before you were entitled to it or something
    I've bought the Spyro games (because they werent on the EU Store at the time), FFI-IX PS1 Classics, a few PS2 Classics (mainly GTA) and Ni no Kuni off there, but my friend who has only spent about $30ish got the $10 last month when they were first being given out, but I only got mine yesterday, so you might just be someone like me who gets it late.

    Also every $50 you spend on there now you get $10 back next month, so I'm gonna buy a few retail games digitally, will need to buy a $50 PSN card though.
    Quote Originally Posted by meanspartan
    "Oh we accidentally did something awesome that a lot of owners of our struggling handheld find to be awesome and exciting? Better fix that!"

  22. #21
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    LoD is $6, not $5.



    I've bought the Spyro games (because they werent on the EU Store at the time), FFI-IX PS1 Classics, a few PS2 Classics (mainly GTA) and Ni no Kuni off there, but my friend who has only spent about $30ish got the $10 last month when they were first being given out, but I only got mine yesterday, so you might just be someone like me who gets it late.

    Also every $50 you spend on there now you get $10 back next month, so I'm gonna buy a few retail games digitally, will need to buy a $50 PSN card though.
    I really hope that is the case as I really want to buy either, Xenogears, persona 2, FF Origins or Chrono Cross! Will probably buy a $50 PSN card too so I have the lot lol

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  23. #22
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,648 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    I really hope that is the case as I really want to buy either, Xenogears, persona 2, FF Origins or Chrono Cross! Will probably buy a $50 PSN card too so I have the lot lol
    FF Origins I believe is FF1&2 with nice cinematic CGI videos.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

  24. #23
    Salvator Mundi
    Gers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    PSN ID
    gersfc
    Age
    26
    Posts
    6,617
    Rep Power
    54
    Points
    221,179 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVAtlusTidusAuronFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    FF Origins I believe is FF1&2 with nice cinematic CGI videos.
    Never played FF1&2 so need them in my quest to complete FF I to IX

    Anyway thanks for linking a stardust list mate, actually printed off a list of them at work today lol
    Last edited by Gers; 03-15-2013 at 21:43.

    PSN ID: gersfc

    Twitter ID: gersfc87

  25. #24
    Super Elite
    robvandam111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Miami, Fl
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,274
    Rep Power
    40
    Points
    19,648 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Gersfc View Post
    Never played FF1&2 so need them in my quest to complete FF I to IX

    Anyway thanks for linking a stardust list mate, actually printed off a list of them at work today lol
    If its easier for you, there's a GameBoy Advance version called Dawn of Souls just without the CGI animation.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

  26. #25
    Ultimate Veteran
    AaronSOLDIER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Age
    21
    Posts
    20,437
    Rep Power
    115
    Points
    61,130 (0 Banked)
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Yup, FF Origins is 1 and 2 (the version of 2 I'm currently replaying), the GBA version released slightly later I think with extra dungeons but with slightly lower sound and graphics quality, the PSP versions have the best of both though, none of which are as difficult as the NES versions though lol
    Quote Originally Posted by meanspartan
    "Oh we accidentally did something awesome that a lot of owners of our struggling handheld find to be awesome and exciting? Better fix that!"

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.