Latest PSU headlines:

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

    AMD Richland feature sets seem familiar....

    AMD has announced the Richland core...features seem familiar....

    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  2. #2
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,453
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    13,393 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Not sure if i understand this if it has anything to do with the next xbox.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  3. #3
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Not sure if i understand this if it has anything to do with the next xbox.
    Take a look at the quote regarding gesture control.
    I really am starting to think the NUI control is infact another GPU, rather anysort of dedicated Kinect core.

    Would make sense to go 2x APU/GPU.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  4. #4
    Master Guru
    The Sith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    7,453
    Rep Power
    75
    Points
    13,393 (0 Banked)
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    Okay, now i understand. So a dual ApU/GPU maybe i could be means the next xbox could be a multiitask monster.

    uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

  5. #5
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Sith View Post
    Okay, now i understand. So a dual ApU/GPU maybe i could be means the next xbox could be a multiitask monster.

    Yup
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  6. #6
    Forum Sage
    Sub-stance1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9,679
    Rep Power
    76
    Points
    56,721 (0 Banked)
    Items BarcelonaPS3 Slim360 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Yup
    I hope this is true.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Age
    24
    Posts
    4,276
    Rep Power
    72
    Points
    11,593 (0 Banked)
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Would make sense to go 2x APU/GPU.
    I don't think so. An APU + discrete GPU setup would make sense (if and only if the price wasn't silly of course) but a 2x APU wouldn't. You have talked a lot about efficiency for good reason but 2x APU system would be extremely inefficient

  8. #8
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I don't think so. An APU + discrete GPU setup would make sense (if and only if the price wasn't silly of course) but a 2x APU wouldn't. You have talked a lot about efficiency for good reason but 2x APU system would be extremely inefficient
    Probably, could be single CPU and 2 GPU, who knows, I have no idea, but I do find it interesting that AMD are really pushing this. I still think if there are 2 GPU's the chances are one of them is going to be used mainly by the O/S.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  9. #9
    Dedicated Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,478
    Rep Power
    39
    Points
    19,189 (0 Banked)
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Take a look at the quote regarding gesture control.
    I really am starting to think the NUI control is infact another GPU, rather anysort of dedicated Kinect core.

    Would make sense to go 2x APU/GPU.
    Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but all I'm seeing is that their gesture control works off the GPU (Shaders) rather than the x86 (CPU) portion of their APU. It doesn't say anything about a second APU, second GPU or any other multiple processor configuration.

  10. #10
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Maybe you're seeing something I'm not, but all I'm seeing is that their gesture control works off the GPU (Shaders) rather than the x86 (CPU) portion of their APU. It doesn't say anything about a second APU, second GPU or any other multiple processor configuration.
    No, lol, not here it doesn't, but having that ability to process inside the GPU certainly would make sense to have a GPU running Kinect code + O/S overlay.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

  11. #11
    Power Member
    mynd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Age
    41
    Posts
    17,290
    Rep Power
    160
    Points
    153,515 (0 Banked)
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Dbl post.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

PSU

Playstation Universe

Reproduction in whole or in part in any form or medium without express written permission of Abstract Holdings International Ltd. prohibited.
Use of this site is governed by our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.

vBCredits II Deluxe v2.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2010-2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.