Apprentice

Higgs Boson/The God Particle has been found?

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...oson-particle/

I like this type of stuff even though I don't know much about it. Pretty good news I think.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    FonFahbre
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/...oson-particle/

I like this type of stuff even though I don't know much about it. Pretty good news I think.
    They aren't sure yet but it's similar to the, Higgs Boson that is described in the standard model of particle physics (It's not the one they were hoping to find). Hopefully, once they do find/confirm it, that this doesn't complete the standard model.

Finally You Are Free
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    As the article states the Higgs Boson was found and essentially confirmed. The article simply details what may come from us finding it, not the finding itself. However the article is wrong:

So far, the Higgs boson seems to match up with predictions made by the Standard Model. Even so, the Standard Model itself isn't thought to be complete. It doesn't encompass gravity, for example, and leaves out the dark matter thought to make up 98 percent of all matter in the universe.

This is because the model is not meant to encompass the elementary particles wholly. For example it was devised after the postulation of the graviton, but that was never included. The Standard Model is 'complete' in that it now holds confirmation of the particles it once theorized to exist. That's all there is to it. This doesn't mean the model is done being developed and further corrected in the scientific realm. In fact, for the model to even function correctly gravity has to be ignored. The math meant to show its proper relationship with the three forces the Standard Model covers doesn't exist yet.

Thread Information