Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    PSU Technical Advisor
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    How is that going to sell?
    I'm buying one. It allows you to stream STEAM games to it anywhere in your house so long as you have Kepler line GPU's (Nvidia 6xx series, 650 and above I think) to encode the stream real time and spit it back out to the unit.

Pretty sure you can do this anywhere you have a connection, so not just over a LAN. Obviously there maybe some lag of course at these distances..

It also has a gorgeous, big, screen and a real edition of Android installed. So emulators will ROCK on this thing! GBA, SNES, N64, etc.

Plus whatever the Android\Tegrazone markets have.

Forum Elder
    Playstation vs xbox, now nvidia vs amd.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Only time I'd ever use one is when dropping a load in the toilet

Otherwise just play your PC, at your PC no?

PSU Technical Advisor
    I'd enjoy playing my PC games laying down in my bed or on my couch, personally. Like Skyrim.

5. Likes John25 likes this post
    Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SomaXD View Post
    what do you mean? how is talking crap about the ps4 going to sell their shield? directly it wont... but any diminishing remark about a competitor in a market is just prep work. In the end its all just marketing talk to get people interested in their own stuff rather than focus on PS4/nextbox.
    I'm saying how will they sell that weird looking thing lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Your bias is really showing.

Deny it all you want, but outside of price there has really been no reason to buy an amd processor since 2006.
    Really? Because I built mine back in 2010 I found AMD to be a much better value. Now I'm not saying it's the best out there but for the price, it beats intel in performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm buying one. It allows you to stream STEAM games to it anywhere in your house so long as you have Kepler line GPU's (Nvidia 6xx series, 650 and above I think) to encode the stream real time and spit it back out to the unit.

Pretty sure you can do this anywhere you have a connection, so not just over a LAN. Obviously there maybe some lag of course at these distances..

It also has a gorgeous, big, screen and a real edition of Android installed. So emulators will ROCK on this thing! GBA, SNES, N64, etc.

Plus whatever the Android\Tegrazone markets have.
    bleh if you prefer that. i'd take a handheld any day of the week and i don't even like those much.
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisw26308 View Post
    Playstation vs xbox, now nvidia vs amd.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'd enjoy playing my PC games laying down in my bed or on my couch, personally. Like Skyrim.
    meh. i like to sit on my carpet like a soldier and pwn some newbs.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    GPU wise there is litterally nothing in it, it mostly comes down to drivers.
    When a new card releases drivers are not matureand thats when the benchmarks are made for all cards.
    But still there is that problem of AMD drivers with mostly OpenGL games especially Quake 3 coupled with the Steam overlay. AAARRGGHH!. Why they cannot sort it out is beyond me (maybe they dont give a $#@!) its been like this to my knowledge since 2010.
    However its not like we cannot do anything about it...

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...97&postcount=2
    That's my only issue with AMD cards is that they have never quiet got their driver issues fixed, its been an on going issues since the 90's. I'm guessing its just the architecture of the drivers was a bit rough to begin with and have never really been given an overhaul due to the sheer scale of the task.

Nvidia have at least got that going for them. On the flip side AMD driver do tend to give huge performance advantages over the year preceding the release due to drive optimisations.

Superior Member
    I love the turn of events. Nvidia was a big reason Microsoft moved on from the Xbox after only 4 years due to the costs, yet MS still got flack for it from Sony fans. Now MS's enemy is Sony enemy for the same exact reason....COST! Better late then never for the naysayers to come around.

As for Nvidia? I'm not gonna trash them like most on here are. They felt the price being offered wasn't worth their goods and services. No different then when a job offers us a salary we feel is below our worth and skill set. It's just business.

As for those that prefer Intel over AMD? I'd rather have the extra money in my pocket towards games and other hardware upgrades then a few extra frames per second to brag about. I'm an AMD guy for it's relative bang for the buck vs. Intel & Nvidia both.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    How do they know how much the PS4 costs? Do they even know?

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Superior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    How do they know how much the PS4 costs? Do they even know?
    Have you not read the whole thread? Nvidia is referring to it not being worth the cost in profit margins for them selling their chips to Sony at the price wants to pay for them. They are NOT referring to the PS4's retail selling price to the public.

Veteran
    I still say: They're butthurt Sony with with AMD, and they have a competing product (which I forgot about the last time I posted). Nothing surprising, nothing truly meaningful.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I assume this is what they are going to say about the 720 also. I'm glad sony are doing whats best for them and not breaking the bank more than they have to.
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    I love the turn of events. Nvidia was a big reason Microsoft moved on from the Xbox after only 4 years due to the costs, yet MS still got flack for it from Sony fans. Now MS's enemy is Sony enemy for the same exact reason....COST! Better late then never for the naysayers to come around.
    Maybe MS fans should've given them flack too. Seems like a rip off to me to cut off support so soon.

As for Nvidia? I'm not gonna trash them like most on here are. They felt the price being offered wasn't worth their goods and services. No different then when a job offers us a salary we feel is below our worth and skill set. It's just business.

As for those that prefer Intel over AMD? I'd rather have the extra money in my pocket towards games and other hardware upgrades then a few extra frames per second to brag about. I'm an AMD guy for it's relative bang for the buck vs. Intel & Nvidia both.
    But what about Nvidia's trollish comments about comparing it to a low-end PC? Do they not know how stupid it is to compare a PC to a console?

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    This thread is full of lays, salty.

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Master Poster
    Lol are they mad/jelly cuz ps4 got amd ?

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    there shouldn't even be a debate on this matter. Sony didn't go with Nvidia because they are overpriced, there is no arguing on the matter, they are overpriced, it's that simple. Because Sony went with AMD, the higher ups from Nvidia got pissed and it could be because orginally Sony was going to go with Nvidia but broke the ties.

To be perfectly honest, Nvidia needs to fall for a little bit, maybe they will price their cards accordingly but I doubt it. The stubborness inside Nvidia is Volatile, they could go in debt and they would still be overpriced.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    I suspect Sony went to anyone making GPUs and CPUs and told them what they'd need, how much performance, for how much power, with how much heat, how much they could pay, and asked for solutions. I suspect all the GPU/CPU makers submitted solutions and Sony went to everyone else and said here's what so and so can do it for, can you beat that. And at the end of the day AMD had the chips that did most of what Sony wanted and offered the best price. I'd guess MS and Nintendo did something similar, and in each case AMD was willing to undercut the other providers and offered enough power to meet the needs the console providers were asking for. I doubt it was a simple process, and probably took a while, and there would have been inter company competition playing a role. The question now will be can AMD live up to the commitments, design a chip that does what the buyer wants, and can be produced in big enough yields at the price AMD has offered, and still make a profit. Nvidia is saying that they couldn't meet the price and break even, but it also means that Nvidia is out the combined sales of all three consoles for the entire next generation (which could be 10 years and a couple hundred million units all told), so they must have been willing to risk the possibility they couldn't eventually get costs down enough to make a profit.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post

oh please, how does 4 years even compare to 7+ years?

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Well basically MS made a bad contract and couldn't lower the cost of the GPU, which was losing them money. I doubt Sony, with more experience, fell into the same hole.

Did Sony really have problem with Nvidia this gen or is that just speculation?

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Well good thing they're not making it then? I don't see the point of his comment. Clearly both (should) have moved on with different partners and projects.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Master Guru
    Okay, Nvidia. Thank you for your irrelevant opinion.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    Well basically MS made a bad contract and couldn't lower the cost of the GPU, which was losing them money. I doubt Sony, with more experience, fell into the same hole.

Did Sony really have problem with Nvidia this gen or is that just speculation?
    I would assume the problem was more on IBM with Cell. I don't think they had a problem with Nvidia but they probably got more bang for the buck with AMD this time around.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Superior Member
    Maybe MS fans should've given them flack too. Seems like a rip off to me to cut off support so soon.

But what about Nvidia's trollish comments about comparing it to a low-end PC? Do they not know how stupid it is to compare a PC to a console?
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungMullah88 View Post
    Microsoft did what was financially in their best interests by dropping the Xbox after losing money the whole time. They stopped 1 year short of the traditional 5 year cycle.... big whoop! If Sony had exited a lot of their money losing ventures much earlier (televisions, etc), they wouldn't be the financial shadow of their former selves that they currently are. Sony's market cap is currently just over $17 billion VS. Microsoft's $234 billion.

If you went on the Xbox forums across the net at the time, 90%+ of Xbox owners weren't mad at all about Microsoft moving on to the 360 and dropping support for Xbox. They understood why and were ready to move on as well. If you went to Nintendo forums, they didn't care at all and barely mentioned it.

BUT... go to any of the Sony forums and it's ALL they wanted to talk about. WHY? Because they wanted to make a mountain out of molehill in order to bash Microsoft, the Xbox brand and it's fans over the head with something negative. That's all it was in the end.... a bashing talking point. When another console's fan base cares more about the Xbox being dropped after 4 years then the Xbox fanbase themselves..... you know things have gotten petty and ridiculous!

In the end...Microsoft made the right decision. Their tripling of their console base and their bigger market share of the console market was good for both Microsoft AND it's fan base. Had they stuck with the first Xbox longer, they likely wouldn't be in the position they are now both in console base numbers AND financially.

Microsoft hasn't always made the best decisions. Rarely does any company make all the right ones. But Sony is making far more bad ones....hence their current financial situation. So people in glass houses......

As for Nvidia..... from a technical power point of view, they are completely right. Are they mentioning it at the expense of a competitor? Of course! That's common practice. Sony said that next-gen doesn't start until we say so when it came to the PS3. It was very arrogant, but as a business I understood why it was said. In the end.. it's all just business and not personal.

Forum Sage
    I'm saying how will they sell that weird looking thing lol.

Really? Because I built mine back in 2010 I found AMD to be a much better value. Now I'm not saying it's the best out there but for the price, it beats intel in performance.

bleh if you prefer that. i'd take a handheld any day of the week and i don't even like those much.

lol

meh. i like to sit on my carpet like a soldier and pwn some newbs.
    Like I said the only thing AMD can compete on is price.

I'm willing to bet you saved at most ~$100 by going with an AMD build over intel. Hard to say what exactly the performance loss was for that price savings but I have no doubts it wasn't insignificant.

Funny thing about a lot of people in this thread, they are willing to $#@! about Nvidia but aren't saying anything about intel not electing to provide a CPU for any of the next gen consoles.....

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Like I said the only thing AMD can compete on is price.

I'm willing to bet you saved at most ~$100 by going with an AMD build over intel. Hard to say what exactly the performance loss was for that price savings but I have no doubts it wasn't insignificant.

Funny thing about a lot of people in this thread, they are willing to $#@! about Nvidia but aren't saying anything about intel not electing to provide a CPU for any of the next gen consoles.....
    Yeah why aren't they (Intel) doing that? Are these decisions predominantly based on the the company (Nvidia, intel etc) though? As in, do they get the final say?

I've always perceived it to be a more or less equal partnership.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Since AMD is doing both because it's an APU, and Intel's onboard graphics are nothing to boast about... I didn't even think Intel was an option for the setup they were going for next gen.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Thread Information