Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 7 1 ... LastLast
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3

PS4 not worth the cost, says Nvidia!

I think this is going to be the greatest lie of 2013.
    "I'm sure there was a negotiation that went on," Tony Tamasi, Senior VP of content and technology at Nvidia told GameSpot, "and we came to the conclusion that we didn't want to do the business at the price those guys were willing to pay."
    "Having been through the original Xbox and PS3, we understand the economics of [console development] and the tradeoffs."

source. www.gamespot.com

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    No reason to be so salty Nvidia. Better luck next time.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    No reason to be so salty Nvidia. Better luck next time.
    It was long time ago that I have read about them doing a test on a new chip for console and they have failed. They are making it look like that they didn't want to do it as they have got no interest on it and so on. That's good for AMD who won this time. Lies never look good lol.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon_Filter View Post
    It was long time ago that I have read about them doing a test on a new chip for console and they have failed. They are making it look like that they didn't want to do it as they have got no interest on it and so on. That's good for AMD who won this time. Lies never look good lol.
    This. They're just sour. I've always been a fan of AMD and I'm glad to see them doing as well as they are. NVIDIA can go suck a few eggs.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    [QUOTE=NVIDIA can go suck a few eggs.[/QUOTE]

You got it all right my friend and I agree.

Elite Member
    It sound more like Sony wanted a cheaper GPU and AMD was the only option. Graphic power probably will be same as a 7750 or 7850( which are decent imo) series(modified for console) and all the other stuff RAM, HDD are for social media stuff. You never know maybe Nvidia is right, the PS4 is just a PS3 1.5 with extra social media function. I mean why else would they include 8gig of DDR5? LOL name one PC game that need 8gig of DDR5 RAM, maybe ARMA 3 but that's about it.

LMAO so devs are going to make 8gig Games now cause PS4 has them a new AMD GPU?

Veteran
    Better luck next time Nvidia.

Forum Guru
    I think this is going to be the greatest lie of 2013.
    "I'm sure there was a negotiation that went on," Tony Tamasi, Senior VP of content and technology at Nvidia told GameSpot, "and we came to the conclusion that we didn't want to do the business at the price those guys were willing to pay."
    "Having been through the original Xbox and PS3, we understand the economics of [console development] and the tradeoffs."

source. www.gamespot.com
    Get shafted by all 3 console maker. Butthurt, Nvidia?

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    To be fair he meant the cost to Nvidia...not the cost as in the price we pay at the store for a PS4.
    Still...sounds like he's a bit salty over it.

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Quote Originally Posted by reasonable_doubt View Post
    It sound more like Sony wanted a cheaper GPU and AMD was the only option. Graphic power probably will be same as a 7750 or 7850( which are decent imo) series(modified for console) and all the other stuff RAM, HDD are for social media stuff. You never know maybe Nvidia is right, the PS4 is just a PS3 1.5 with extra social media function. I mean why else would they include 8gig of DDR5? LOL name one PC game that need 8gig of DDR5 RAM, maybe ARMA 3 but that's about it.

LMAO so devs are going to make 8gig Games now cause PS4 has them a new AMD GPU?
    They developers will never take full advantage of the hardware. So, even with the PS4 it has 8GB of ram but I would say most games will be using not even more then 4 or 5 GB of the ram memory. But maybe you are right who knows but he is making it look like that they didn't care nor got an interest in it, but Iam sure if they had the GPU and CPU that AMD has right now. They would sell it to Sony but they didn't have it.

PSU Technical Advisor
    ....What?

Dude, is this guy insane? If he's saying "Nah we turned down doing Next Gen console graphics solutions. We knowingly let AMD entirely corner that market." Than he is completely nuts.

AMD tech will be defining an entire generation of gaming and this will definitely bleed over to PC development side of things. Even if they weren't making a -ton- of profit off each component sold, I would imagine the deal would still be lucrative for them not to mention bragging rights and getting massive exposure with developers.

I think this is just damage control.

12. Likes Omar, Nerevar likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Isn't the next, Xbox rumored to use AMD as well? It sounds like bad business to turn down next gen hardware that will sell tens - to over a hundred million units using their tech.

But oh well, they're making profits. I'm sure that this won't affect them in the future..

14. Likes D3seeker likes this post
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fon View Post
    Isn't the next, Xbox rumored to use AMD as well? It sounds like bad business to turn down next gen hardware that will sell tens - to over a hundred million units using their tech.

But oh well, they're making profits. I'm sure that this won't affect them in the future..
    The Wii U, Xbox 3, and PS4 are all AMD hardware.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    Developers get an easy gen, code for AMD cards and your set, lol!

Could this bring the end of nVidia?

- Symmetrical thumb sticks for life -

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    Could this bring the end of nVidia?
    It's not going to hurt them in the PC gaming arena, but it's not going to help their reputation overall. I, for one, will probably never buy NVIDIA hardware ever again with this kind of attitude from them. Their hardware is generally more expensive and consumes more wattage... although they did a mighty impressive job with the GTX Titan... seeing as it can be run with only a 500 watt PSU.

PSU Technical Advisor
    I'm not so sure I agree. If all the consoles (and I mean ALL of them!) are using AMD hardware and technology.. Than that means PC ports are likely going to be best reflected on AMD tech as well.

This will most assuredly have ripples in the PC scene.. Nvidia is going to need to get creative here. Project SHIELD is an excellent start and I'm seriously tempted to grab that when it releases.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    I'm not so sure I agree. If all the consoles (and I mean ALL of them!) are using AMD hardware and technology.. Than that means PC ports are likely going to be best reflected on AMD tech as well.
    Yes, but the latest NVIDIA cards will be able to run anything AMD cards can, even if they're ports. Sure some games work more efficiently on either an AMD or NVIDIA card, but both are able to run the games just fine. The tech isn't really much different, which is why we can choose NVIDIA or AMD in our PCs to play the latest and greatest games. AMD just happens to be cheaper and usually just as good. Just because console games may have been designed with AMD hardware doesn't mean it won't run on NVIDIA hardware.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Noone said they wont RUN on NVIDIA hardware, but they will most likely work even better on AMD.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Ultimate Veteran
    AMD will have improved graphics pipelines and engines for the next 6 years atleast.

Elite Guru
    I don't see anything inherently wrong with saying your company doesn't want to do business at the rate being offered to it.

Ultimate Veteran
    You gotta play the game to win.

It's very amusing to read the Nvidia bashing because of this decision ("Will never buy Nvidia hardware again" etc). Sony and Nvidia couldn't reach an agreement in this case. So what? It happens all the time in business relations. Get over it.

25. Likes John25 likes this post
    Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    This right here is the exact reason that Nvidia can go $#@! themselves with their overpriced gaming GPU's. This is nothing more then Nvidia eating sour grapes. Boo hoo, Sony didn't want us to scam them on our over priced video cards so blah blah blah blah.

I like the fact that more and more gamers are catching onto Nvidias bull$#@!.

Elite Guru
    Nvidia have always been the higher cost solution when it comes to embedded devices, AMD is very happy to under cut them for a good contract.

As for code being more optimised for AMD hardware on the PC I doubt it. Almost no development is done directly to the GPU any more, it is all via API's. So long as Nvidia keep their drivers up to scratch then they can continue to do what they do so well.

Veteran
    NVIDIA, u mad bro?

Thread Information