Latest PSU headlines:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 11
    Flaw3d Genius
    Here is the Battlefield 4 trailer at 60FPS 1080p - 2.29GB

https://mega.co.nz/#!lJ4U1SiS!QUjb7E...GEKdlcyEI9apCo

Wow!!!

Power Member
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Yep when you go from one game that is 60fps to another game that is 30fps it automatically doesn't feel right which in turn puts you off.

I guess gamers who prefer performance over graphics are by far the minority which is a shame.
    When I was new to PC gaming I didnt much notice framerates because my PC couldnt handle more than 30 (probably) It was a P4 2.6 512MB RAMs and a super low end ATI 9200.
    Bu once I upgraded and could see the dfference I became a performance snob. Same with other people I know that upgraded their PCs.
    I aint ever playing a game at 30FPS on PC ever again.

Here is the Battlefield 4 trailer at 60FPS 1080p - 2.29GB

https://mega.co.nz/#!lJ4U1SiS!QUjb7E...GEKdlcyEI9apCo

Wow!!!

Mega sucks man. No way of changing the download directoy.
    Last edited by keefy; 04-01-2013 at 16:33.

This is a local shop for local people you have no business here!

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    The 30fps VS 60fps debate always ends up heated.

Me personally I like eye candy over 60fps. They usually go the 30fps route to obtain full eye candy. Just because they have more powerful chips in the next-gen consoles doesn't mean more 60fps games then before. Whatever extra power a console has then the gen before just becomes an excuse to up the polygon counts, make draw distances longer and pile on the more and more power hungry effects. And you usually have to go 30fps to obtain it.

It's like government.... you give them more money and they just find more ways to spend it. You give devs more power and they just find new ways to exhaust it

Eye candy sells more games then making it 60fps. It's the looks that grab our attention.
    Putting more details in is more difficult and thus will take more money. Regardless, we will see more 60fps games than we did last generation and the generation before.
    Yep when you go from one game that is 60fps to another game that is 30fps it automatically doesn't feel right which in turn puts you off.

I guess gamers who prefer performance over graphics are by far the minority which is a shame.
    Actually I'd argue that it's the majority (mainstream) that can't tell the difference, which is why the developers (especially with AAA titles) are more likely to up the details rather than up the frame rate. Frame rate is less noticeable to the average person and I will bet you most don't know what it is and how to detect it. Competition is tough out there so developers want the prettiest game that gets attention from these majority newbies. So I'd blame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    BF4 isn't going to max out the new consoles anyway. DICE should set an example, break new ground and give players a choice.

Have a graphics menu option just like for PC where players get a simple choice, 30fps @ 1080p or 60fps @ 720p. Treat console gamers like adults and they will love you for it.
    Would be very difficult to do that on a closed-box setting, they'd have to design the game for both resolutions, very difficult and likely impractical.

PC games can do that easier because they're not fully optimizing it for any configuration. But for a closed-box, you'd need full optimization so more work.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post

Mega sucks man. No way of changing the download directoy.
    Just goes into your download folder.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Just goes into your download folder.
    Be that as it may, it still blows.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Veteran
    Was going to download, buy I don't like mega either.

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I hate the look of it at 60fps. It looks too fast. COD at 60fps doesn't bother me. The uncharted 3 footage at 60fps looked fast too...Is it a lack of motion blur or fov causing it to look weird?
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 04-02-2013 at 06:11.

Forum Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    The 30fps VS 60fps debate always ends up heated.

Me personally I like eye candy over 60fps. They usually go the 30fps route to obtain full eye candy. Just because they have more powerful chips in the next-gen consoles doesn't mean more 60fps games then before. Whatever extra power a console has then the gen before just becomes an excuse to up the polygon counts, make draw distances longer and pile on the more and more power hungry effects. And you usually have to go 30fps to obtain it.

It's like government.... you give them more money and they just find more ways to spend it. You give devs more power and they just find new ways to exhaust it

Eye candy sells more games then making it 60fps. It's the looks that grab our attention.
    I'm hoping that in future the programmability brings 'cheap' ways to go around the problem.

IE.
    Making actual main graphics pass at near 30fps and create additional frames to get ~> 60fps while using that information.
    Or using texture space for lighting (unique virtual texturing) and rendering most of the scene as simple single textured objects at 60-120 fps.. some of the lighting could run full rate and other around 1fps.. player would rarely notice.

Future will be interesting.
    Last edited by jlippone; 04-02-2013 at 06:18.
    'no, no one in their sane mind uses OpenGL on PS3' - Repi
    'nope, PS3 uses a wonderful low-level API called libgcm' - Repi

Thread Information