Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I don't think Frostbite even supports split screen

Flaw3d Genius
    Online Co-Op mode should of been the focus rather than single player

Forum Overseer
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I don't believe the PS4 can run this at 60fps, but I'd love to be wrong.
    The problem isn't that it can't, the problem is that it likely won't.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    The problem isn't that it can't, the problem is that it likely won't.
    Are you inferring that (these) developers wouldn't opt for 60fps over 30 anyways? I agree they wouldn't, but that wasn't my point. I'm saying the hardware probably can't do this to begin with.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]
    - [PSN] - [Programmers' Corner]

Forum Overseer
    Are you inferring that (these) developers wouldn't opt for 60fps over 30 anyways? I agree they wouldn't, but that wasn't my point. I'm saying the hardware probably can't do this to begin with.
    Well that too but I'm saying the hardware can do this...but not in this form. Probably somewhere down the line. The problem is that most developers won't choose 60fps so we'll likely just see way better graphics than BF4 but still at 30fps.

Don't forget this is a cross-gen engine. They need to make a new one from scratch.

Friendship is Carrots
    We'll see some nice optimization and performance increase as the generation goes by. Maybe by the end of things we could get these kind of visuals running at 60fps, though I think in that case the developers would simply go for a more detailed game at 30fps. This game, specifically, I do not see running at 60fps on the PS4. We'll see some developers - probably the usual; Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, etc - really push this console though. So I agree with that sentiment.

I do think this is PC footage though and that the PS3 version will be a couple of small steps behind (like I said, in AA and framerate). But the difference will be mostly negligible overall.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Veteran
    A little place called none of your **** business. United States.
    Items 360 SlimPS3 SlimNaughty Dog
    People complain about the looks of BF4 and I honestly don't get it. It looks breathtaking. Perhaps I am easily impressed? Oh well, at least I know I'll be happy later this year. lol

I don't really need a water cooler/remote control as of right now.

8. Likes snooper71 likes this post
    Forum Overseer
    We'll see some nice optimization and performance increase as the generation goes by. Maybe by the end of things we could get these kind of visuals running at 60fps, though I think in that case the developers would simply go for a more detailed game at 30fps. This game, specifically, I do not see running at 60fps on the PS4. We'll see some developers - probably the usual; Santa Monica, Guerrilla Games, Naughty Dog, etc - really push this console though. So I agree with that sentiment.

I do think this is PC footage though and that the PS3 version will be a couple of small steps behind (like I said, in AA and framerate). But the difference will be mostly negligible overall.
    Oh yea, I don't think the PS4 version will be 60fps either...I don't even think they tried pushing it to put out 60fps and DICE is one of those developers that would rather go for details than frame rate.

But yea, we're going to see a lot better-looking games than this and likely at 60fps (though again, not many devs will push for 60fps).

Veteran
    I'm pretty sure the PS4 version will be better looking than the PC footage shown, the executive producer of BF4 was asked on an interview by IGN about upscaling the game to next gen consoles and seemed very secretive about it. The PS4 can definitely make that game look better.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    I'm pretty sure the PS4 version will be better looking than the PC footage shown, the executive producer of BF4 was asked on an interview by IGN about upscaling the game to next gen consoles and seemed very secretive about it. The PS4 can definitely make that game look better.
    I don't think it will, it's a straight up port...if it did look better, we'd be looking at the PS4 version right now.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I don't think it will, it's a straight up port...if it did look better, we'd be looking at the PS4 version right now.
    If people pay attention to the upper right of the screen, what are those icons? It looks like friends online and trophies earned. At one point you see two trophy icons, one being silver and one being bronze. Is this PS4 footage?

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by unicron7 View Post
    If people pay attention to the upper right of the screen, what are those icons? It looks like friends online and trophies earned. At one point you see two trophy icons, one being silver and one being bronze. Is this PS4 footage?
    probably trophies on PC? devs have done that before.

Flaw3d Genius
    People complain about the looks of BF4 and I honestly don't get it. It looks breathtaking. Perhaps I am easily impressed? Oh well, at least I know I'll be happy later this year. lol
    I agree, If that is running on the PS4 then it's clearly the best looking PS4 game so far.

Forum Overseer
    The looks are the least of its problems...but we'll see, if they can expand the battlefield and put in sea war as well...I mean, it's gameplay I want...I wouldn't care about the rest of my issues with it if they just do much more than BF3.

Ultimate Veteran
    Two new screenshots:

Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

El Presidente
    I don't understand the obsession with graphics. I think it looks gorgeous.

What's the deal with 30 or 60 fps? As long as one version doesn't look stunning while the other version looks like someone puked all other the screen who cares!

Sure the graphics are the main topic here but the gameplay looks the same. Looks nice but no dramatic improvements I can see as of right now.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post

What's the deal with 30 or 60 fps? As long as one version doesn't look stunning while the other version looks like someone puked all other the screen who cares!

Sure the graphics are the main topic here but the gameplay looks the same. Looks nice but no dramatic improvements I can see as of right now.
    Well if it's 60fps on PS4 (no reason not to be) then it will vastly improve the gameplay

Superior Member
    This looks awesome! I didn't see the whole 17 minutes yet, but I got to see 7 minutes. I love the Battlefield series. I just wish EA didn't publish it. When they decide they no longer want the servers up, they shut them down and push you to the next installment. That's messed up!

20. Likes BBK.. likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    What's the deal with 30 or 60 fps?
    A higher framerate makes the gameplay feel smoother. It's part of the reason why people have always liked the 'feel' of COD games. Infinity Ward and Treyarch make sure the framerate never dips below 60 FPS.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Well if it's 60fps on PS4 (no reason not to be) then it will vastly improve the gameplay
    A higher framerate makes the gameplay feel smoother. It's part of the reason why people have always liked the 'feel' of COD games. Infinity Ward and Treyarch make sure the framerate never dips below 60 FPS.
    I suppose I'm just not that particular about it. I don't look into that stuff.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

Smoothness check these vids out and see for yourself. one is encded with 30FPS the other 60FPS. No bigger than 20MB each will play with VLC player.

30FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/30fps.avi

60FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/60fps.avi

Will throw this in too just to make the comparison of framerates even more obvious its not half the framerate again but some PS3 games do drop this low when lots of action is on screen or just a bad port (splinter cell 1+2 HD collection)
    20FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/20fps.avi
    Last edited by keefy; 03-28-2013 at 14:23.

Unbound Mercenary
    Am i the only person would rather see a dip in graphical quality, and have split screen. The a major upgrade to graphics with no split screen.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

PSN ID
    BulletToThaBrain
    Looks great.. my body is ready.

Friendship is Carrots
    Quote Originally Posted by -Kwesnoth- View Post
    Am i the only person would rather see a dip in graphical quality, and have split screen. The a major upgrade to graphics with no split screen.
    Gameplay > Graphics, every single time. I'd take epic splitscreen coop with a friend over pretty graphics any day. Though a smart balance of the two would be best -- have the graphics tone down some during splitscreen.
    Add me on Steam!

[Forum Rules]

Veteran
    Gameplay > Graphics, every single time. I'd take epic splitscreen coop with a friend over pretty graphics any day. Though a smart balance of the two would be best -- have the graphics tone down some during splitscreen.

I guess I'm an asshole for wanting both. Good looking AND great gameplay. One doesn't have to come before the other. I wish people who shout "gameplay!" every five minutes would get this. I want more powerful consoles in the future. Yes for looks, but also for the more gameplay varieties and options having more power brings to the table.

$#@! console manufacturers who gimp their systems (ala Nintendo). There is no benefit in doing so other than saving your company money.
    Last edited by unicron7; 03-28-2013 at 19:42.

Thread Information