Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    I don't think it will, it's a straight up port...if it did look better, we'd be looking at the PS4 version right now.
    On the subject of the first Battlefield 4 gameplay video, which was released earlier this week, Bach explained: "What you saw is pre-alpha - it's not the final game or anything. We are lacking a lot of optimisation. Without going into detail about what it could look like on a lower spec machine or a higher spec machine, we will have the scalability to bring the most out of any piece of hardware.

Forum Overseer

Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    On the subject of the first Battlefield 4 gameplay video, which was released earlier this week, Bach explained: "What you saw is pre-alpha - it's not the final game or anything. We are lacking a lot of optimisation. Without going into detail about what it could look like on a lower spec machine or a higher spec machine, we will have the scalability to bring the most out of any piece of hardware.
    Are you saying that they're saying that the PS4 version might be the higher spec machine and thus the graphics might look better?

I interpret it as low-spec meaning 360/PS3 and high-spec as PC/PS4/Xbox3 but they all will likely have differences too. So PS4 version might still not be 60fps and if it is, it might lack details.

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Split-screen would be fantastic. Two good friends of mine and I love playing Battlefield together, and find it much more enjoyable when we can be in the same room. So generally it ends up consisting of one TV, two monitors, and three PS3's.

The 17-minute gameplay video looks great, despite the possibility of it looking differently (for better or worse) once it's actually released. Will certainly be a day-one buy for me, assuming I figure out a way to get a PS4.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

PSN ID
    TheWorldNationF5

My Thoughts....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3LLFYpAYak Driving Simulator 2011???
    The guy below me hopefully knows what i mean...

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    So question. I got into an argument with my friend about this. Has BF4 been confirmed for next gen consoles?

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    So question. I got into an argument with my friend about this. Has BF4 been confirmed for next gen consoles?
    Yes.

Selected Members Council
    Yes. It's mentioned in the Polygon article in the OP.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-29-2013 at 05:30.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    That's what I thought. He brought up some article from engadget saying a PR release from EA only says PC and current gen. I said they were full of $#@! because it's already been confirmed. He's a PC gamer who likes to discredit consoles so you know.

Forum Overseer

That's what I thought. He brought up some article from engadget saying a PR release from EA only says PC and current gen. I said they were full of $#@! because it's already been confirmed. He's a PC gamer who likes to discredit consoles so you know.
    lol what a troll, it would make more sense for them to NOT put it on the older consoles and actually keep it next-gen, they went out of their way to downscale for current gen. I'm sorry but I'm about to call your friend stupid so if you like him, I apologize. He's a $#@!-head, I lied.

Man, imagine if I didn't get infracted for calling people all this.

Soon.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    lol what a troll, it would make more sense for them to NOT put it on the older consoles and actually keep it next-gen, they went out of their way to downscale for current gen. I'm sorry but I'm about to call your friend stupid so if you like him, I apologize. He's a $#@!-head, I lied.

Man, imagine if I didn't get infracted for calling people all this.

Soon.
    Think he needs to find a new source. Lol He always quotes engadget and it almost always comes up wrong. He said Xperia Z wasn't coming to US. Tonight i saw a commercial for it on TV. Lol Can someone supply a link to the confirmation so I can text him to rub it in his face. He also bright up some BS about not having enough time to make enough time to make the title for next gen. I proceeded to debunk that with the amount of time dev kits have been available. Yes he is a major troll.

Forum Overseer

Think he needs to find a new source. Lol He always quotes engadget and it almost always comes up wrong. He said Xperia Z wasn't coming to US. Tonight i saw a commercial for it on TV. Lol Can someone supply a link to the confirmation so I can text him to rub it in his face. He also bright up some BS about not having enough time to make enough time to make the title for next gen. I proceeded to debunk that with the amount of time dev kits have been available. Yes he is a major troll.
    Didn't this thread mention it in the OP? Either that or I could've sworn I saw it somewhere today. People were discussing it.

Veteran
    Are you saying that they're saying that the PS4 version might be the higher spec machine and thus the graphics might look better?

I interpret it as low-spec meaning 360/PS3 and high-spec as PC/PS4/Xbox3 but they all will likely have differences too. So PS4 version might still not be 60fps and if it is, it might lack details.
    Yes, that's how I back up my first statement on how they 'could' actually make it look better on the PS4. Cause they can downscale it for current gen and upscale for next gen.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by keefy View Post
    Smoothness check these vids out and see for yourself. one is encded with 30FPS the other 60FPS. No bigger than 20MB each will play with VLC player.

30FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/30fps.avi

60FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/60fps.avi

Will throw this in too just to make the comparison of framerates even more obvious its not half the framerate again but some PS3 games do drop this low when lots of action is on screen or just a bad port (splinter cell 1+2 HD collection)
    20FPS
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30326465/Video/AG2/20fps.avi
    I can see a major difference with the 20fps but I don't think 30fps is bad. After re-watching them a couple times the 60fps is smoother but I don't see any problem with 30fps. I wouldn't want to see any game dip to 20fps because that is choppy but 30? Not bad, after seeing what 60 looks like it's better but I'll take 30.

(This part isn't directed at you keefy, now I'm just speaking generally.) I played BF3 and sure it looks nice but I found the singleplayer to be boring and I didn't finish. Don't get me wrong this demo looks awesome but don't confuse, 'This looks good!' with 'This looks fun.' It's a nice technical achievement, they should be proud and I'm not downplaying that but that's all I can say for now. Time will tell if it's satisfying to play.

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by podsaurus View Post
    I can see a major difference with the 20fps but I don't think 30fps is bad. After re-watching them a couple times the 60fps is smoother but I don't see any problem with 30fps. I wouldn't want to see any game dip to 20fps because that is choppy but 30? Not bad, after seeing what 60 looks like it's better but I'll take 30.
    If you think 60 looks better than 30 why on earth would you say you'd take 30 over 60 lol

Forum Overseer

Quote Originally Posted by daLa View Post
    Yes, that's how I back up my first statement on how they 'could' actually make it look better on the PS4. Cause they can downscale it for current gen and upscale for next gen.
    I was thinking you were saying that it would look better than PC.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    the 17 in trailer looks awesome

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Yeah, 60fps is really nice but sometimes its just a waste of resources. 30fps is perfectly playable and those who say it isn't are crazy (it may not be best case scenario but a stable 30fps is very playable). You have half the time to render your frames on 60fps and some features take exponentially more computational power in 60fps.

El Presidente
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    If you think 60 looks better than 30 why on earth would you say you'd take 30 over 60 lol
    I never said that...if the game is 30 fps I'd take it. That isn't an issue for me. I don't have to have 60 because as itachi said above, a stable 30 is perfectly playable. If the game runs at 60 great. If it runs at 30 that is fine too and I won't be upset if it isn't 60. Hell I have no clue what fps games I play run at and it doesn't much matter. I am just not a graphics $#@! lol. I'm more concerned with tear-ins and glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Yeah, 60fps is really nice but sometimes its just a waste of resources. 30fps is perfectly playable and those who say it isn't are crazy (it may not be best case scenario but a stable 30fps is very playable). You have half the time to render your frames on 60fps and some features take exponentially more computational power in 60fps.
    Yessir

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid

(This part isn't directed at you keefy, now I'm just speaking generally.) I played BF3 and sure it looks nice but I found the singleplayer to be boring and I didn't finish. Don't get me wrong this demo looks awesome but don't confuse, 'This looks good!' with 'This looks fun.' It's a nice technical achievement, they should be proud and I'm not downplaying that but that's all I can say for now. Time will tell if it's satisfying to play.
    BF3 single player is a chore and a snorefest. I managed it through to the end though. Have not and will not play it again.

30 is smooth enough but 60 is better as you noticed.

For console games 30 is fine its often synced withthe refresh rate (vsync) so looks nice.

There is a game on PC that is capped at 30FPS its called Quantum of Solace I was all up for buying it but I tried the demo before hand and it ran like $#@! it looked choppy and jittery and so on. I was really puzzled as to why it ran so choppy because my PC should easy max this out, I did some research and found out its hard coded cap and nothing can be done to remove it.
    YAY console ports.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=quantum+of+solace+30fps

Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    But we are now at the stage where the PS4 is powerful enough to handle 60fps.

Forum Overseer

But we are now at the stage where the PS4 is powerful enough to handle 60fps.
    No actually, PS2 was powerful enough to handle 60fps. It's just that it's more likely now but still it depends on the developer.

So for example, with BF4, that would definitely be "possible" on PS4 to have 60fps but not in the form they have right now where the engine is supposed to work on all platforms...meaning it's semi-optimized, not fully.

If they were to make it just for PS4 or even Xbox 3 in there, you'd probably see better results, but knowing DICE, they'd just up the details and still keep it at 30fps.

So in general, we'll see more games that are 60fps than last generation as we did with previous generation than the one before it...but the developers that want to push details, they will still opt for 30fps (rather than optimization for a 60fps game). It's easier to make a detailed game at 30fps than 60fps.

You will also see a lot of smaller games at 60fps but we already saw enough of those, just more this time around. For average-looking games, 60fps should be a standard.

Flaw3d Genius
    No actually, PS2 was powerful enough to handle 60fps. It's just that it's more likely now but still it depends on the developer.

So for example, with BF4, that would definitely be "possible" on PS4 to have 60fps but not in the form they have right now where the engine is supposed to work on all platforms...meaning it's semi-optimized, not fully.

If they were to make it just for PS4 or even Xbox 3 in there, you'd probably see better results, but knowing DICE, they'd just up the details and still keep it at 30fps.

So in general, we'll see more games that are 60fps than last generation as we did with previous generation than the one before it...but the developers that want to push details, they will still opt for 30fps (rather than optimization for a 60fps game). It's easier to make a detailed game at 30fps than 60fps.

You will also see a lot of smaller games at 60fps but we already saw enough of those, just more this time around. For average-looking games, 60fps should be a standard.
    Worrying, Maybe it's time to ditch console's and go down the PC route.

Forum Overseer

Worrying, Maybe it's time to ditch console's and go down the PC route.
    I think that would relieve us all here.

Flaw3d Genius
    I think that would relieve us all here.
    If that would relieve you i'l defo be buying a PS4 and nxt-box!

Forum Overseer

If that would relieve you i'l defo be buying a PS4 and nxt-box!
    I had no idea my influence was so strong lol. Well good on you sir!

Thread Information