Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

Final Fantasy XIII Versus outfit designer lists game as Final Fantasy XV

Japanese fashion brand Roen, which provided costume design work on Final Fantasy Versus XIII, is listing the upcoming Square Enix RPG as “Final Fantasy 15” on its official website’s biography page.

How do we know it’s Final Fantasy Versus XIII and not a different game called Final Fantasy XV? The work was done in 2008, when publisher Square Enix announced its partnership with Roen. And Versus XIII is nowhere to be found in the company’s history.

According to the Wayback Machine, the page has listed Final Fantasy XV since July last year, at least. It’s interesting that it hasn’t been picked it up until now.

Update: In a blog post, Roen has said the “Final Fantasy 15” listing was a mistake that’s been fixed, and that the staff is taking measures to ensure these types of things do not occur in the future.

http://gematsu.com/2013/03/ff-versus...nal-fantasy-15
    Versus made into a numbered title?

Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-16-2013 at 21:42.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Wasnt there a VS13 trailer (behind closed doors but someone leaked it) months ago ending with the logo FFXV? I dont remember anyone confirming that was fake so i thought this was known already.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Wasnt there a VS13 trailer (behind closed doors but someone leaked it) months ago ending with the logo FFXV? I dont remember anyone confirming that was fake so i thought this was known already.
    well I dunno how you could confirm it was a fake, but the general consensus was that it was a hoax by a bunch of students because the trailer was exactly the same as E3 one

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    well I dunno how you could confirm it was a fake, but the general consensus was that it was a hoax by a bunch of students because the trailer was exactly the same as E3 one
    Oh alright. Well whatever just release the damn game!

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    meh done caring just release this $#@!.

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Veteran
    Making it XV should allow some more creative freedom. I'm in favor of the change.

I'm gonna miss Lightning. I liked the character, but not much of anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio
    Yep, NGP will retail at $300. We all know it's going to happen.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Yeah I've been expecting this to happen. SE has a golden opportunity to fix all their $#@! they failed at this gen with next-gen.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Selected Members Council
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    meh done caring just release this $#@!.
    Or cancel it. What's the point of Final Fantasy Versus XIII anymore? Have Nomura and his team start development on Kingdom Hearts III instead. Bring in someone whose actually had experience directing Final Fantasy titles, like Hiroyuki Ito (VI, IX and XII), lead development on a Final Fantasy XV. We shouldn't have to wait 7 years.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-16-2013 at 20:48.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Or cancel it. What's the point of Final Fantasy Versus XIII anymore? Have Nomura and his team start development on Kingdom Hearts III instead. Bring in someone whose actually had experience directing Final Fantasy titles, like Hiroyuki Ito (VI, IX and XII), lead development on a Final Fantasy XV. We shouldn't have to wait 7 years.
    SE really needs to get their $#@! together in terms of project management. KH3 skipped the longest console generation. Nomura should just be in charge of that series and let the ff guys worry about final fantasy

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm sure this will eventually turn into another failed attempt by SE this gen. They sure have screwed the pooch in the last 7 years.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Selected Members Council
    Update: In a blog post, Roen has said the “Final Fantasy 15” listing was a mistake that’s been fixed, and that the staff is taking measures to ensure these types of things do not occur in the future.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-16-2013 at 21:41.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Master Poster
    THIS NEEDS TO BE A PS4 Launch EXCLUSIVE
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    FatesServant
    Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    THIS NEEDS TO BE A PS4 Launch EXCLUSIVE
    I have to admit, that would most likely be the only way I would buy the PS4 on launch date. Personally, I waited about a year before getting the PS3, and I didn't even want it at that time (game library wasn't to my liking then). Granted, it doesn't have to be exclusive for me to make that decision.
    That being said though, while Versus XIII's renaming to XV turns out to be a mistake on Roen's part, I'd have no problem if that had actually been the case. So long as SE's announcement at the PS4 announcement hadn't been referring to Versus XIII, I would have no issues with it going multi-platform. Whatever the Final Fantasy game was that SE was mentioning, however, really should be an exclusive, by simple merit that it was "teased" at a PS4 announcement ceremony.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    LadyDuoMaxwell
    Items Yuna3d dot game heroesFinal Fantasy Tactics
    If it turns out to be FFXV for the PS4, does that mean we have to wait for a few more years for the game to come out? I hope not.

3DS: 1161-0781-8406
    STEAM: LadyDuoMaxwell

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDuoMaxwell View Post
    If it turns out to be FFXV for the PS4, does that mean we have to wait for a few more years for the game to come out? I hope not.

Agreed...I would say it would be reasonable to expect FFXV in the PS4s first year...but this is Square we're talking about here
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Thread Information