Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

11 Ways To Be Unremarkably Average

"The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

2. Likes Leviticus likes this post
    Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    words from a great man:

"Besides intelligence, you also need persistence, passion, curiosity, and grit.

ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-11-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Glad I'm not like that guy lol. What a boring life..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    I am an average genius and yet i can tie my own shoe laces
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    Items Manchester United
    Quote Originally Posted by claud3 View Post
    That is a surprise...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well even though, still a shocker
    Last edited by claud3; 03-18-2013 at 14:14.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I wish I were an Average Asian...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Dedicated Member

Crap. I had better change my username because I've done it all wrong.

1. I don't believe anything anyone tells me until I can get confirmation from an unrelated source.
    2. I ALWAYS question authority. Especially if they claim to have authority over me.
    3. I dropped out of college because I wasn't learning anything and got a variety of IT certifications instead. Turned that into a career which I've been at for 18 years now.
    4. I am rarely sitting at my desk and I doubt I am productive for 10 hours a week.
    5. I've been "overseas" 6 times now, and I'm still only in my 40s.
    6. My mortgage is half of what I qualified for, and I plan on having it paid off in less than 20 years.
    7. I fluently speak 2 languages, and speak 2 more at a not-quite fluent level.
    8. I've never really thought about writing a book. Not sure what I would base one on if I wanted to.
    9. Don't want to start my own business. That would mean I have to work harder than I do now and take more financial risks than I do now.
    10. I drive a black Mustang GT with a Roush exhaust. I'm loud and somewhat arrogant. Trust me, I stick out in a crowd.
    11. The only boxes I check off are my "bucket list" items. This year that's going to include climbing a mountain and crossing a glacier with my daughter.
    12. I live my life the way I want to. Even my wife doesn't interfere with that.

So how did I come to the name "Completely Average"?

I am the average age for the town I live in. I have an average sized family, make the average family income, own an average sized and cost house, have an average number of pets, and own an average number of cars. For census purposes I am completely average.
    Last edited by Completely Average; 03-18-2013 at 14:36.

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    I don't have the best paying job but I am content with where I work since I meet up with great people. My lifestyle is relaxing and I have 3 days off. I go to the gym, have fun when I want and learn the things I want to learn. Life is fun that way. I do wish that I could go to, Japan and parts of Europe though but with my wage, it's impossible!.

I am planning to join the armed forces soon but I've been unable to due to some personal restrictions. Thankfully this year will be possible to start

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well I consider myself an average genius, but I do think I am really intelligent when it yes to certain circumstances in my life

Master Sage
    Like others, I very rarely accept what someone tells me unless I know 100% that I can trust the person. If it's someone I don't know or don't know very well, I will often ask for evidence from a reliable source. If they can't provide proof or a name of a reliable source, I'll just ignore what was said and pass it off as complete bull$#@!. This is something I've more or less had to learn to do as people can prove to be the most untrustworthy bastards of all time. I question the authority of those I don't know. If a person I don't know tells me to do something 'because I have to' then I'll politely decline because, for all I know, they've been told to do it themselves but can't be bothered. The only people who's authority I truly respect are my managers and my parents. Anyone else can go screw as far as I'm concerned.

I didn't drop out of college nor did I go because I felt like I had to. I wanted to go and enjoyed my chosen course -- a national diploma in ICT -- but, due to a number of personal reasons that I refuse to go into openly, I failed the course. I was offered a chance to resit the course as my lecturers felt I failed on 'unfair grounds' but I declined. My head wasn't in the right place and, honestly, the idea of repeating another two years of the same work just didn't appeal to me. I'd consider my life to be overly average but I wouldn't say it's boring or mundane, not by a long shot. I'm currently working as a graphic designer for a small UK-based company. It's an amazing job with a lot of perks. It does come with its stress, sure, and it does involve 'sitting around' in an office for 90% of the time but I'm not going to complain when I get to do something I've always loved doing.

I've not been overseas yet but I am due to do so this summer for a friends stag vacation. We're going to Kos which, I'm sure you all know, is hardly 'safe' or family-friendly. Going abroad, to me, isn't really that big a deal. As long as you're having a good time with people you love, it doesn't matter where you are. That said and done, I would love to travel abroad -- either a roadtrip across America or hitchhiking around Europe. I'm not paying mortage but I do pay rent. In my current situation, owning a house and paying a mortage just isn't suitable. I would love to settle down with someone and raise a family in our own home but, yeah, for the moment, renting a flat is more than good enough for me. I pay 550 a month (excluding food, gas, electric, broadband, etc) for a two-bedroom flat just outside the centre of town. Ideal for me, really.

My native language is English and I speak a bit of German and French. I have no desire to extend my knowledge of those languages nor do I feel the need to learn others. A lot more people -- including foreigners -- are learning English. It would be a waste of my time to learn a foreign tongue. I've often thought about writing a book, and have sometimes started to do so, but its something I've never finished. It would be a pretty awesome thing to add to your list of life accomplishments, though. Who knows, there might be a point in the future when I actually get down to doing it. The same goes with my own business. I had even applied to the Princes Trust at one point (Google it...) I was that serious about it, but nothing came of it. For now, I'm happy working where I am.

Stand out in a crowd? Me? I hate standing out in crowds or feeling like I'm the centre of attention. If I go to a party, I'll try and stay out the limelight as much as possible. I've always been that way, always will be. The only time where I feel like I want to stand out amongst others is when I'm drunk which is why I'm pretty sure the holiday to Kos will be awesome, haha. Like others have said, the only list I ever tick off is my 'bucket list' -- not that I have much of one at the moment, bar skydiving, scuba diving, etc.

In the end, I live my life the way I want to. Nobody else can have, or has, a say in the way I live it. Only I make decisions about what goes on in my life and if anyone tries to interfere and change that, then I kick off. I hate being told how to live my life. A person should have complete control over their life, no matter who they are.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Crap. I had better change my username because I've done it all wrong.

1. I don't believe anything anyone tells me until I can get confirmation from an unrelated source.
    2. I ALWAYS question authority. Especially if they claim to have authority over me.
    3. I dropped out of college because I wasn't learning anything and got a variety of IT certifications instead. Turned that into a career which I've been at for 18 years now.
    4. I am rarely sitting at my desk and I doubt I am productive for 10 hours a week.
    5. I've been "overseas" 6 times now, and I'm still only in my 40s.
    6. My mortgage is half of what I qualified for, and I plan on having it paid off in less than 20 years.
    7. I fluently speak 2 languages, and speak 2 more at a not-quite fluent level.
    8. I've never really thought about writing a book. Not sure what I would base one on if I wanted to.
    9. Don't want to start my own business. That would mean I have to work harder than I do now and take more financial risks than I do now.
    10. I drive a black Mustang GT with a Roush exhaust. I'm loud and somewhat arrogant. Trust me, I stick out in a crowd.
    11. The only boxes I check off are my "bucket list" items. This year that's going to include climbing a mountain and crossing a glacier with my daughter.
    12. I live my life the way I want to. Even my wife doesn't interfere with that.

So how did I come to the name "Completely Average"?

I am the average age for the town I live in. I have an average sized family, make the average family income, own an average sized and cost house, have an average number of pets, and own an average number of cars. For census purposes I am completely average.
    Your name is John Smith...isn't it?

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Well I consider myself an average genius, but I do think I am really intelligent when it yes to certain circumstances in my life
    Thank you for letting us know twice for reassurance.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post
    Or John Doe.

I don't think any of you gents are average.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Stockholm Syndrome
    PSN ID
    Spikey456
    Items LuluFangLightningOlivia WildeLucy PinderMichelle MarshVita360 SlimPS3 Fat
    I consider myself average at games, playing guitar, my job and my looks but I wouldn't say I live my life like that, shiiiiiiiit

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Is this one of those fabricated internet lists?

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyClaw View Post

Close.

My first name really is John.

My last name is one of those Germanic names that no one can ever seem to pronounce or spell correctly.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Close.

My last name is one of those Germanic names that no one can ever seem to pronounce or spell correctly.
    I have an Italian last name the same way...gets butchered all the time!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    I'm not average. I'm a forum admin!

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    I'm not average. I'm a forum admin!
    But are you an average forum admin?

21. Likes Brandon likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    lol that acts like that's necessarily a bad thing. Not everyone is or can be, or has access to, "standing out". People should be allowed to live their lives without judgement, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

That cartoon is a bit on the high horse.

Close.

I'm gonna guess it has a 'W' in it?

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    We are not average we are all equal and balanced in understanding the world around us... I consider myself who i am and you guys for who you are and that is beyond average and more genius's and more smarter than anyone i know

So i say $#@! this average bull$#@!, because it is only a word and you can go always beyond and strengthen your brain beyond it's ability

and make yourself wiser to the world around you and approach it in ways never before imagined... So break free and expand your knowledge and the world will grow a long side you, instead of it growing in front of you

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaeger View Post
    I've often thought about writing a book, and have sometimes started to do so, but its something I've never finished. It would be a pretty awesome thing to add to your list of life accomplishments, though. Who knows, there might be a point in the future when I actually get down to doing it.
    I've never come up with anything concrete. Most people think you need one grand, unique idea but I think it's the pieces that make up the end result that are important.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Metal King Slime, formerly Black. Gaming since Super Mario World (SNES).

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    I'm doing it right. Where are my billions?

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    It's ironic how this comic is telling you not to live your life according to other people, yet this comic is essentially telling you how to live your life.

27. Likes The Black Wolf, holly likes this post
    Super Elite
    Items User name style
    I'm too busy being badass to be considered average.
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz | Nvidia 660 ti | 6 GB Corsair Xms 1333 Mhz | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 250 GB WD HDD | Windows 7 Ultimate |

Thread Information