Latest PSU headlines:

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by PeanutButterMunky View Post
    If they'd stop being retarded and actually cater to what people want, they wouldn't be so financially screwed. For instance, teasing us a thousand years ago with a PlayStation 3 tech demo of Final Fantasy VII. If they actually did a remake ... it'd be guaranteed to sell like hotcakes. That crap they pulled at the PS4 event is why they're not doing so well. They need to get it together.
    I believe that was more on hype than a tease. Hence. confirming years ago to the public "Hell no." But, seeing how they have revamped (wouldn't use remake, sorry) graphics for FFIV and FFIII for the DS. In time they can bring back the classics. And if they do, I really hope both FF8 & FF9 are part of it as well.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Some GAF members with inside info, like Galv and Kagari, were hinting at Sony 'cutting deals' for a megaton at E3 and that there would be a betrayal. And since Sony is co-developing FFXV to make FF exclusive again, now it makes sense.

The only problem is that a Final Fantasy exclusive means much less than it did going into the PS3. However, Nojima is writing this game, which is a huge difference. It's the writing of the FFXIII trilogy that prevents me from being truly interested in those games. But with the writer of FFVII and FFX writing FFXV, this gives me hope.
    What?

Elaborate on this betrayal thing please.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    What?

Elaborate on this betrayal thing please.
    They pretty much confirmed this E3 will have announcements that are crazy but they are under NDA so they can not go into it any deeper.

RIP Oculus Rift

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    They pretty much confirmed this E3 will have announcements that are crazy but they are under NDA so they can not go into it any deeper.
    Crazy how? I'm really curious who is betraying who. Sorry. I'm not in the know on this.

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    I get that, but the sentence structure made it sound like Sony was cutting deals to get exclusivity and Square would publically rebuke that.

But then the following sentence makes it sound like its a done deal that its exclusive.

Which makes me wonder what the betrayal part was actually referring to. Certainly can't be a betrayal of MS, since FFV13 was never announced for their system in the first place.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Crazy how? I'm really curious who is betraying who. Sorry. I'm not in the know on this.
    I lurk Gaf a lot and see their posts. I recall seeing the word betrayalaton thrown around a few times. They are under NDA so no details. Just gotta wait.

RIP Oculus Rift

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by RedOrb_Collector View Post
    I get that, but the sentence structure made it sound like Sony was cutting deals to get exclusivity and Square would publically rebuke that.

But then the following sentence makes it sound like its a done deal that its exclusive.

Which makes me wonder what the betrayal part was actually referring to. Certainly can't be a betrayal of MS, since FFV13 was never announced for their system in the first place.
    I know! My mind is going so many directions with this.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    So what are the chances of it still being an action RPG and not turn based?

Cos that was the only reason I was initially interested

Administrator
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    I believe that was more on hype than a tease. Hence. confirming years ago to the public "Hell no." But, seeing how they have revamped (wouldn't use remake, sorry) graphics for FFIV and FFIII for the DS. In time they can bring back the classics. And if they do, I really hope both FF8 & FF9 are part of it as well.
    That's exactly my point. It's their attitude that's the problem. And you just don't show crap like that to people that have been asking for it for an eternity... and doing everything you can to make it seem like you might do so... only to not do it. They've had Final Fantasy VII spin off games, they had a big budget animated Final Fantasy VII movie... give us the damn remake already. What the hell would be the point of saying "so this is what Final Fantasy VII would like like if it were on the PS3" only to piss people off? False hope isn't good marketing... it eventually burns out your customers and makes them stop giving a crap, which is what is starting to happen now. They've gotten into the habit of making empty promises lately and it isn't helping them.
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

10. Likes snooper71 wishes they had posted this first.
    Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    That's exactly my point. It's their attitude that's the problem. And you just don't show crap like that to people that have been asking for it for an eternity... and doing everything you can to make it seem like you might do so... only to not do it. They've had Final Fantasy VII spin off games, they had a big budget animated Final Fantasy VII movie... give us the damn remake already. What the hell would be the point of saying "so this is what Final Fantasy VII would like like if it were on the PS3" only to piss people off? False hope isn't good marketing... it eventually burns out your customers and makes them stop giving a crap, which is what is starting to happen now. They've gotten into the habit of making empty promises lately and it isn't helping them.
    They said, immediately after showing the tech demo, that they had no plans to develop a remake. It's easy to see why they chose Final Fantasy VII because it's the most recognizable title in the series.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

12. Likes robvandam111 wishes they had posted this first.
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    They said, immediately after showing the tech demo, that they had no plans to develop a remake. It's easy to see why they chose Final Fantasy VII because it's the most recognizable title in the series.
    I know they did... but since then they've done a FFVII game for PSP and movie that takes place after the original story. Square-Enix also later said they wouldn't remake FFVII because it would "ruin the franchise" (referring to Final Fantasy) and they wouldn't consider remaking FFVII until they make a better Final Fantasy game (they consider FFVII their best FF game). That reasoning is utter garbage. People would still buy FF games even after a FFVII remake. People would buy the hell out of it. It's this ridiculous mindset of theirs that's causing them problems, imo. They keep telling us to trust them and the direction they're going... and I haven't all been too impressed lately.

I wonder what FF game they're going to reveal at E3... that thing they're telling us to be excited for.
    “Don’t fear failure. Not failure, but low aim, is the crime. In great attempts it is glorious even to fail.” ~ Bruce Lee

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I know they did... but since then they've done a FFVII game for PSP and movie that takes place after the original story. Square-Enix also later said they wouldn't remake FFVII because it would "ruin the franchise" (referring to Final Fantasy) and they wouldn't consider remaking FFVII until they make a better Final Fantasy game (they consider FFVII their best FF game). That reasoning is utter garbage. People would still buy FF games even after a FFVII remake. People would buy the hell out of it. It's this ridiculous mindset of theirs that's causing them problems, imo. They keep telling us to trust them and the direction they're going... and I haven't all been too impressed lately.

I wonder what FF game they're going to reveal at E3... that thing they're telling us to be excited for.
    The reason they won't do it is because they got so much unfinished shit in the pipeline they can't afford to free up enough for it.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    The reason they won't do it is because they got so much unfinished shit in the pipeline they can't afford to free up enough for it.
    They can't afford to do it because they have so much unfinished shit in the pipeline. They need to narrow their focus.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    True but that's because people don't seem to realize the affects of wanting something when they obviously know they're hoping for something they wish it happens but knowing it won't happen. In a business, you have to see what consumers want but you can't always get what you want. That's the sad story, the good news is that anything will always be possible. The difference with Versus and FF7 is that one is already set in stone while the other one is still behind the curtains. That's wrong side of things, Square should have been more informal about a game that was shown almost 7 years ago. FF7 tech demo; couldn't have said better than blacksite. When the ps2 came out, they showed a tech demo of FF8, I want an FF8 game with the new modern day graphics, will it ever get the light of day? Who knows. Will Versus finally be out? We will finally see.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    They can't afford to do it because they have so much unfinished shit in the pipeline. They need to narrow their focus.
    Yup. Trying to pump out too much stuff has bitten them in the ass. They have so many projects they haven't finished and it's making them look bad. They need to tone it down next gen and keep the focus on a few titles at a time. Something that is easily managed.

Ultimate Veteran
    I know they did... but since then they've done a FFVII game for PSP and movie that takes place after the original story.
    To expand on the universe, yes.

Square-Enix also later said they wouldn't remake FFVII because it would "ruin the franchise" (referring to Final Fantasy) and they wouldn't consider remaking FFVII until they make a better Final Fantasy game (they consider FFVII their best FF game). That reasoning is utter garbage. People would still buy FF games even after a FFVII remake. People would buy the hell out of it.
    Though I don't have much faith in them, their reasoning is still sound. It's better to make a new entry in the series - something the newer generation can refer to as their Final Fantasy VII. They aren't going to repeat the same success with a remake because everyone's familiar with the original and JRPGs in general. It won't have the same impact like it did back in '97.

It's this ridiculous mindset of theirs that's causing them problems, imo. They keep telling us to trust them and the direction they're going... and I haven't all been too impressed lately.
    I agree, but I don't think a remake is the answer. They just need to cut down on the amount of projects they work on since they have a habit of announcing things early to build up hype like there's no tomorrow.
    Last edited by Black; 03-20-2013 at 06:00.

Administrator
    To expand on the universe, yes.
    Good point.

Though I don't have much faith in them, their reasoning is still sound. It's better to make a new entry in the series - something the newer generation can refer to as their Final Fantasy VII. They aren't going to repeat the same success with a remake because everyone's familiar with the original and JRPGs in general. It won't have the same impact like it did back in '97.
    Yet another good point.

I agree, but I don't think a remake is the answer. They just need to cut down on the amount of projects they work on since they have a habit of announcing things early to build up hype like there's no tomorrow.
    Yeah, man. They're all over the freaking place.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I still dont understand how PS3 has great games but some big name developers cant learn how to properly develop for it that it takes so long to make a ambitious project that they need to move it to the next generation. Im really asking whats to blame here? Is it incompetence? Is it bad hardware? You see Naughty Dog make hit after hit in 2-3 years game development time but Square cant make a action rpg for almost the entire generation? Is Naughty Dog really that good?

RIP Oculus Rift

Administrator
    No, I just think every single person in every branch of Square-Enix has severe ADHD.

Ultimate Veteran
    I still dont understand how PS3 has great games but some big name developers cant learn how to properly develop for it that it takes so long to make a ambitious project that they need to move it to the next generation. Im really asking whats to blame here? Is it incompetence? Is it bad hardware? You see Naughty Dog make hit after hit in 2-3 years game development time but Square cant make a action rpg for almost the entire generation? Is Naughty Dog really that good?
    I wouldn't use Naughty Dog as an example since their current-gen games have been linear but it does seem like Western developers are more talented and able to cope with change than Japanese developers.
    Last edited by Black; 03-20-2013 at 06:42.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    I wouldn't use Naughty Dog as an example since their current-gen games have been linear but it does seem like Western developers are more talented and able to cope with change than Japanese developers.
    This is one of the things i have been trying to get at.
    Why have western developers been able to cope and not Japanese?

RIP Oculus Rift

Administrator
    Why have western developers been able to cope and not Japanese?
    They seem to be very set in their ways.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Kojima's about to stick his dick in your mouth with the FOX engine. That shit looks amazing.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

Administrator
    Naturally... he's Kojima... lol.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost-Rhayne View Post
    Kojima's about to stick his dick in your mouth with the FOX engine. That shit looks amazing.

RIP Oculus Rift

28. Likes PBM wishes they had posted this first.

Thread Information