Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 6
    Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Anyone notice how the old men from both Versus and Agni's philosophy look alike?

<a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

PSU Media Manager
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    FFVII Remake. Someday...

I know a lot of people want this but it would take a lot time to recreate it for todays standards. And a lot of money.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Since it's being renamed to FFXV it's technically not part of Fabula Nova Crystallis anymore. Hopefully they reworked the tie-ins as well (i.e. 'Fal-cie' and what-not).

Also, I'm not a fan of Kingdom Hearts, so I prefer this.
    Not a fan of kingdom hearts yet it resembles kingdom hearts fighting style our just not a fan of the kh universe?

There's a dude on GAF who leaked the 8 GB of GDDR5 RAM and he also said there would be a 'reverse betrayal-ton' at E3, and I believe he said it during a Final Fantasy discussion.

He could be referring to something else, but this makes sense, since the last mainline FF going multi-platform was a 'betrayal-ton', and so if the next mainline FF is back to being a Sony exclusive, then that could classify as a 'reverse betrayal-ton'.
    Now I get it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LegendaryAim View Post
    I dont know...something in the vein of Kingdom Hearts battle system just seems like the natural evolution for the series...I mean XII came pretty close to it
    12 was amazing, the only weak part was vaan. Everything else was spectacular. loved the Summons in that game.

Don't double/triple/quadruple post. Use the edit button. ~Blacksite
    Last edited by Black; 03-27-2013 at 07:25.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Robardian View Post
    Not a fan of kingdom hearts yet it resembles kingdom hearts fighting style our just not a fan of the kh universe?
    The universe. I can't get into the whole Disney thing.

Forum Elder
    Items User name style
    Disney > Final Fantasy.

But yeah, Mickey still looks out of place in a Square game.

Elite Member
    I'm certain you've mentioned this before and that I've merely forgotten but; just curious how much of a chance you've given the KH games? Which ones/ how much time? Personally, I didn't start playing KH for quite a few years just because the Disney aspect was a real turn off. After having given it a chance though, I learned to love the series, as do most people, from what I can tell. So just curious. Truly, as I will never criticize someone for their taste in games. Some people truly don't like the Disney aspect, which I fully understand. One of the reasons I like each new iteration in the series, honestly, is that each game improves on telling a specific story, noticeably marked by less Disney character interactions.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

PSU Technical Advisor
    [IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_****s_i_give.jpg[/IMG]

Square can step off. They're a joke of a developer and they can keep their vaporware.
    Awesome techno and dubstep! Visit: http://Solkrieg.com
    Latest Song: Lady GaGa's Monster Dubstep!

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    I havent seen a good FF game since FFX on PS2.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    snooper71
    Items Naughty Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgotha View Post
    [IMG]http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/4db77_ORIG-look_at_all_the_****s_i_give.jpg[/IMG]

Square can step off. They're a joke of a developer and they can keep their vaporware.
    Well Wada is stepping down so we will see if things change from here on out.

Many, including myself, accused him of beeing the problem, now we will know for sure.

Next Gen top picks:
    PS4: Infamous SS, DriveClub
    One: Project spark, Forza 5
    Multi: Watchdogs, The crew, FFXV, KHIII

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style

Have you even been to Disney World? I usually go since its only 3 hours away. Nothing wrong with the Disney characters, its not as "corny" as some people think. Not sure if you have grown to watch these characters back in the day but Disney is amazing. Kingdom Hearts is mainly more of an adventure feeling than just only watching with your eyes. Give it a shot when the HD collection is out, you're in for a great ride.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>

Master Poster
    Yeah I can't lie. This was a major barrier to me as well. But Ixion dude. If you love a good story great gameplay and you dont mind at all at being submerged in Nostalgia give it a shot
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    I'm certain you've mentioned this before and that I've merely forgotten but; just curious how much of a chance you've given the KH games? Which ones/ how much time?
    I tried twice to get into the first game, but I stopped around the Tarzan section both times I think.

Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Have you even been to Disney World?
    I only went with my high-school baseball team when I was 17. So never as a kid.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    I tried twice to get into the first game, but I stopped around the Tarzan section both times I think.

I only went with my high-school baseball team when I was 17. So never as a kid.
    You got a lot of life in you, hope you'll go again some time.

The Tarzan world is really cool. It's unfortunate you didn't make to the Little Mermaid world haha.
    Last edited by robvandam111; 03-29-2013 at 21:29.

Elite Member
    I tried twice to get into the first game, but I stopped around the Tarzan section both times I think
    More than fair enough. I'm actually surprised you made it that far without liking the game.

Oh and @Rob: To respond to your video comparison a week ago, now that you've pointed it out, yeah, I kind of see a bit of a resemblance there. I guess SE just has a preference for a specific type of facial structure for its major characters of a more mature age. Would be cool to see them use that engine for Vs XIII if it really has been remade into FFXV.
    -FatesServant
    Fate: the universal principle or ultimate agency by which the order of things is presumably prescribed; the decreed cause of events.

PSU Technical Advisor
    If Kingdom Hearts were only about FF characters and original Square Enix characters.. It'd be 190% more awesome to me. As it is I just tune out the Disney nonsense.

Flaw3d Genius

They need to let the series die!

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by FatesServant View Post
    More than fair enough. I'm actually surprised you made it that far without liking the game.

Oh and @Rob: To respond to your video comparison a week ago, now that you've pointed it out, yeah, I kind of see a bit of a resemblance there. I guess SE just has a preference for a specific type of facial structure for its major characters of a more mature age. Would be cool to see them use that engine for Vs XIII if it really has been remade into FFXV.
    -FatesServant

Yeah, it was close. It may have been a connection to both games. I saw someone else on youtube pointing that out.

If Kingdom Hearts were only about FF characters and original Square Enix characters.. It'd be 190% more awesome to me. As it is I just tune out the Disney nonsense
    Then it wouldn't be called Kingdom Hearts. Again, there's nothing wrong with Disney characters in a game. Give it a shot once the collection is out.

Last edited by robvandam111; 03-30-2013 at 02:20.

PSU Technical Advisor
    You misunderstand, I've played them =D

I just can't take the Disney stuff as seriously.

And there's no reason why it couldn't have been called Kingdom Hearts if Disney had never been brought onboard. That title itself has no special connection with Disney.

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    Disney's Magic Kingdom... Kingdom Hearts. Sounds correlated to me.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

PSU Technical Advisor
    .."Kingdom" is not copyrighted as a word lol

ADMINISTRATOR
    Items Ghost in the ShellTidusLightningBruce LeeAppleUser name style
    I didn't say it was copyrighted... just saying the name reminds me of Disney.
    "The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    You misunderstand, I've played them =D

I just can't take the Disney stuff as seriously.

And there's no reason why it couldn't have been called Kingdom Hearts if Disney had never been brought onboard. That title itself has no special connection with Disney.
    Oh, ok.

Well, that's the thing. You got to understand the mythology which is Disney. They may seem corny but each of their stories represents something(heart). Now, Kingdom Hearts is a gate by the way . That has no connection with Disney. The worlds in the game are symbolic to the notion of the game. Disney is a great example of the story Kingdom Hearts is presenting.

PSN ID
    RinoRichardCroft
    Source

As expected.
    I saw it coming a million miles away. I wonder if taking the project to PS4 will also include changing the initial plot and gameplay that they planned for the PS3 version and I wonder if Agni's Philosophy will have anything to do with future games. It looks pretty ambitious and perfect and I wish it gets released as a FF16 or something.

Thread Information