Latest PSU headlines:

Page 1 of 6 1 ... LastLast
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

VGLeaks: Final Fantasy Versus XIII Is PS4 Exclusive (Called FFXV)

Square-Enix has had problems in the current gen, I suspect that the company couldnít adapt Final Fantasy and other IPs to the HD era. Moreover, the first version of FF14 was a downfall, this game forced to stop the development of other games to focus in the rebuild of FF14. Really itís like a new game.

Square-Enix announced Final Fantasy Versus XIII years ago and the game was lost in the limbo. Square decided to halt Versus PS3 development two years ago, but the RPG wasnít cancelled, why? Two years ago, Square-Enix moved the game to PS4 and Sony got in the project.

Actually Sony is co-developing the game with Square-Enix, therefore, this game will be exclusive on PS4.

Square-Enix renamed Versus to FF15 in the middle of this process. Sonyís studios are helping SE with FF15 assets among other tasks.

We hinted this PS4 exclusive one month ago, but we couldnít speak freely about this topic. Now, itís all that we can say.
    Source

As expected.

Ultimate Veteran
    Items DreamcastPlayStationNintendoBullyGTA ClaudeFinal Fantasy IX
    They can call it whatever they want. Doesn't convince me that it'll ever come out. Not falling for the hype anymore.

3DS Friend Code: 1349-4916-2054

3. Likes Zswordsman, HellsJester wishes they had posted this first.
    Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    They can call it whatever they want. Doesn't convince me that it'll ever come out. Not falling for the hype anymore.
    This!

RIP Oculus Rift

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    ^^ I was about to say the exact same. We didn't get a single game from Nomura and co. on PS3, and I doubt we will on PS4 either.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Some GAF members with inside info, like Galv and Kagari, were hinting at Sony 'cutting deals' for a megaton at E3 and that there would be a betrayal. And since Sony is co-developing FFXV to make FF exclusive again, now it makes sense.

The only problem is that a Final Fantasy exclusive means much less than it did going into the PS3. However, Nojima is writing this game, which is a huge difference. It's the writing of the FFXIII trilogy that prevents me from being truly interested in those games. But with the writer of FFVII and FFX writing FFXV, this gives me hope.
    Last edited by Ixion; 03-19-2013 at 21:31.

7. Likes Mael Duin, LegendaryAim, D3seeker wishes they had posted this first.
    PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Lost interest ages ago, only thing that will make me interested in any of it is a release date. Then I will get hyped again. Only thing right now from them I REALLY want is FFX HD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    Some GAF members with inside info, like Galv and Kagari, were hinting at Sony 'cutting deals' for a megaton at E3 and that there would be a betrayal. And since Sony is co-developing FFXV to make FF exclusive again, now it makes sense.

The only problem is that a Final Fantasy exclusive means much less than it did going into the PS3. However, Nojima is writing this game, which is a huge difference. It's the writing of the FFXIII trilogy that prevents me from being truly interested. But with the writer of FFVII and FFX writing FFXV, this gives me hope.
    Wasnt Versus always a PS3 exclusive? Unless SE is going to betray Sony? Now Im curious lol
    Last edited by Fenix; 03-19-2013 at 21:27.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSU Live Streamer
    Honestly I don't fully comprehend how I feel about this lol.

Both this title and Last Guardian could be revealed as PS4 launch titles at this years e3, and I will be both happy and not give a **** at the sametime.

It's like YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!.....pfft, finally...

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy

The only problem is that a Final Fantasy exclusive means much less than it did going into the PS3. However, Nojima is writing this game, which is a huge difference. It's the writing of the FFXIII trilogy that prevents me from being truly interested. But with the writer of FFVII and FFX writing FFXV, this gives me hope.
    Sony is co developing? With what Studio? Regardless, they need to win me back over, I've played much better JRPGs than FF this gen and have lost interest in the series, exclusive or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzyreactor
    Nothing more exciting than bringing home a brand new console and watching a download screen for a hour.

yay, next gen!

Ultimate Veteran
    I was expecting Hiroyuki Ito to lead development on a Final Fantasy XV for the PS4 (made sense if you followed his portfolio of games in the series) so if this is true then it adds to the disappointment. Lol.

Also because, over the years I've grown tired of the look and feel of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It doesn't matter that it's a darker Final Fantasy anymore or that Noctis is supposed to be the silent, cool type.
    Last edited by Black; 03-19-2013 at 21:33.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    Honestly I don't fully comprehend how I feel about this lol.

Both this title and Last Guardian could be revealed as PS4 launch titles at this years e3, and I will be both happy and not give a **** at the sametime.

It's like YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!.....pfft, finally...
    What gives me renewed interest is the generational leap. If Versus was released as a PS3 game after we already played PS3 games for 7 years, then I could see your point. But since it's a PS4 game, an exclusive co-developed by Sony no less, then we're back to where we were 6 years ago, where Versus (now XV) is supposed to break new ground for the JRPG.

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    So it will be a bargain bin game before I buy it? Cool. Don't see myself getting a PS4 for a few years. I have so many PS3 games I have yet to pay.

PSU Live Streamer
    What gives me renewed interest is the generational leap. If Versus was released as a PS3 game after we already played PS3 games for 7 years, then I could see your point. But since it's a PS4 game, an exclusive co-developed by Sony no less, then we're back to where we were 6 years ago, where Versus (now XV) is supposed to break new ground for the JRPG.
    It all depends though, how much of the already developed ps3 game was redeveloped for ps4 tech. It might come out on the ps4 looking like a first gen ps3 game

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Wasnt Versus always a PS3 exclusive? Unless SE is going to betray Sony? Now Im curious lol
    True, but Versus was technically not a mainline title. Now it is, and it's not coming to Xbox.

Besides, the game wasn't spoken of for years. Everyone assumed it would be multi.

Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Sony is co developing? With what Studio? Regardless, they need to win me back over, I've played much better JRPGs than FF this gen and have lost interest in the series, exclusive or not.
    Did you read the article? C'mon son.

They don't say which Sony studio is helping though. They only mention that Sony is helping with 'assets and other tasks'.

I was expecting Hiroyuki Ito to lead development on a Final Fantasy XV for the PS4 (made sense if you followed his portfolio of games in the series) so if this is true then it adds to the disappointment. Lol.
    The guy who initially broke this rumor also said that FFXVI was in development as well, so all is not lost for Ito fans (including myself).

Also because, over the years I've grown tired of the look and feel of Final Fantasy Versus XIII. It doesn't matter that it's a darker Final Fantasy anymore or that Noctis is supposed to be the silent, cool type.
    I think everyone is tired of seeing the same exact images, scenes, screenshots, etc, without them being expanded upon.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    With so frequent rumours like this recently, I'm inclined to believe its true. I'll admit I was at a point where I didn't give a **** anymore but somewhere deep inside me, a fanboy clings to hope and refuses to let go

Furthermore, if VGleaks reported this than there must be some truth to this story surely

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    I'm going to need to see footage to get hyped again.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by shepard View Post
    It all depends though, how much of the already developed ps3 game was redeveloped for ps4 tech. It might come out on the ps4 looking like a first gen ps3 game
    True, but Versus was already using Square's next-gen Luminous engine for certain aspects of the visuals, so the transition should be lessened. And they have Sony helping them build assets.

Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Furthermore, if VGleaks reported this than there must be some truth to this story surely
    With Kagari, Galv, and other GAF members continually hinting at this, I doubt it's untrue. It just makes a whole lot of sense too.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    I'm going to need to see footage to get hyped again.
    Less than three months.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim

20. Likes Raging fire, Mael Duin, DarkVincent07 wishes they had posted this first.
    Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    a 3 month wait isn't too bad.

If it ends up launching this year then it's going to be huge for the ps4's launch.

Ultimate Veteran
    I think everyone is tired of seeing the same exact images, scenes, screenshots, etc, without them being expanded upon.
    Maybe. I feel like Nomura could have lead development on Kingdom Hearts III instead of adding to Square's Fabula Nova Crystallis saga.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    robvandam111
    Items User name style
    True, but Versus was technically not a mainline title. Now it is, and it's not coming to Xbox.

Besides, the game wasn't spoken of for years. Everyone assumed it would be multi.

Did you read the article? C'mon son.

They don't say which Sony studio is helping though. They only mention that Sony is helping with 'assets and other tasks'.

The guy who initially broke this rumor also said that FFXVI was in development as well, so all is not lost for Ito fans (including myself).

Then that means, FFXVI was the suppose FFXV? Interesting. (Just a speculation.)

Anyway,

Last edited by robvandam111; 03-19-2013 at 22:06.
    <a href=http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg target=_blank>http://i41.tinypic.com/2qtuwwn.jpg</a>
    3DS: 4613-6960-4293

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Maybe. I feel like Nomura could have lead development on Kingdom Hearts III instead of adding to Square's Fabula Nova Crystallis saga.
    Since it's being renamed to FFXV it's technically not part of Fabula Nova Crystallis anymore. Hopefully they reworked the tie-ins as well (i.e. 'Fal-cie' and what-not).

Also, I'm not a fan of Kingdom Hearts, so I prefer this.

Elite Guru
    Items DreamcastDeath Note LArsenal
    So Versus just renamed? I'm down. Despite SEs output this gen I'm still excited for Versus. So potentially TLG and Versus pushed onto PS4 lol - at least they'l look pretty

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by robvandam111 View Post
    Then that means, FFXVI was the suppose FFXV? Interesting. (Just a speculation.)

Anyway,

I'm confused.

So FF Versus is has been renamed FF15.

...and the old FF15 (in the video) is now FF16?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Quote Originally Posted by EatSleepAndPlay View Post
    I'm confused.

So FF Versus is has been renamed FF15.

...and the old FF15 (in the video) is now FF16?
    That video was fake. Nothing is official at this point. We don't even know if there was a final fantasy in production other than versus and ffxiii:LR

Apprentice
    Items VitaPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    That video was fake. Nothing is official at this point. We don't even know if there was a final fantasy in production other than versus and ffxiii:LR
    Ok, thanks for clearing it up!

Don't forget FFX HD!

Thread Information