Latest PSU headlines:

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Battlefield 4 leaked details reveal 64 player maps, 3 factions, more

Leaked Battlefield 4 details:

This info comes from the same source who was the first to leak the Battlefield 4 artwork / teaser, and who was also spot on about EA releasing a teaser trailer. So we’re pretty confident in this information.

• Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.
    • Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed “Eastern/Asian” faction.
    • 4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3
    • Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
    • DLC is already in planning stages.
    • Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
    • Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.
    • More squad features.
    • Commander feature returns, but won’t be the same as in BF2
    • Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
    • Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
    • Will ship with more game modes than BF3
    • Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3
    • Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
    • BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
    • There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
    • Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
    • Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.

We’ll have to wait and see how things pan out. Battlefield 4 will be unveiled on March 26.
    http://bf4central.com/2013/03/battle...eaked-details/

This is ok i guess and it seem nothing really new
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

2. Likes daLa likes this post
    Unbound Mercenary
    I'll buy it if they make it split-screen.

Thats the deal breaker.
    Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Glad to hear they are planning on some more close quarters maps. They just seemed way too big for me to enjoy. Some were pretty good though.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ultimate Veteran
    Moved to PS4 Games.

Pretty sure the "Eastern/Asian" faction is China.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Moved to PS4 Games.

Pretty sure the "Eastern/Asian" faction is China.
    Or North Korea.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    what was with the close Blcksite
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Ultimate Veteran
    I don't think North Korea is as threatening. I say China because Shanghai was a location they hinted at in the leaked poster.

Extreme Poster
    Something tells me I won't be that impressed but sadly no other shooter that's mildly decent. Seems like BF3.5 to me.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    I don't think North Korea is as threatening. I say China because Shanghai was a location they hinted at in the leaked poster.

True. Didn't know that was Shanghai.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    More cluster$#@! maps boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    PhillyPhreak
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    Something tells me I won't be that impressed but sadly no other shooter that's mildly decent. Seems like BF3.5 to me.
    That's the vibe I got, too. Hopefully, the PS4 version will have 64 player online matches.

"PS1994"- #4ThePlayers

Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Syphon_Filter
    Items User name styleinFamousPSN LogoBattlefield 3NvidiaSteamPS3 SlimVita
Gift received at 01-31-2013 from Metal King SlimeColeBattlefield 3
    Cool features.

CPU: I7 3820--GPU: Asus Gtx 670 2GB--Motherboard: BioStar TpowerX79--HDD: Seagate 2TB--CPU COOLING: Corsair Hydro H80--Case: CoolerMaster RC932 Haf--RAM: 16GB 1333 DDR3 Corsair--Sony Dvd X18 Player: Power Supply: Seasonic 760W--Windows 7 64Bit, Monitor: HP Led 2311X--TV: Samsung LED TV 120HZ Un40d6000--PS3 Super Slim 1TB HDD--PS3 Slim 750GB--PS VITA 32GB.

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    a lot of things are really vague. They say 64 players but they don't say which platform, DICE always does this $#@!. If this is true then I wouldn't hold my breathe as even the Next gen version will probably be 24 players or only 32. if the next consoles don't have 64 players then DICE can shove this game up their asses. They should have done that $#@! with BF3 when that game came out.

they are still sticking with 4 classes, this setup is already proven flawed in BF3 yet they are still doing it.

This entire thing sounds more like BF3 then anything else. obviously it's not pre-order worthy and I can already see them nickle and diming people for every stupid thing. Thank goodness the next systems are easy to develop for because we will see much better FPS games then what DICE is pulling out of their current assholes.

BF3.5, blah. here are some red flags.

• 4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3 (BF3 has 4 classes, this really does sound more like what DICE would say)
    • More squad features.
    • Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
    • Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
    • Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
    • There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
    • Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
    Last edited by Bigdoggy; 03-20-2013 at 19:57.

Veteran
    Those facts seem nice to me, all I truly need is to be blown away by the graphics since I already love BF3 as it is.

Superior Member
    Well I'll get the next-gen version of course. But I have a sinking suspicion it will be like it was with BF2:Modern Combat for Xbox 360. It was a little sharper graphics, some better textures and some shiny reflections over the original Xbox version. Nothing mind blowing better.

I can't wait for the TRUE next-gen installment of this game. BF5 I guess.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    a lot of things are really vague. They say 64 players but they don't say which platform, DICE always does this $#@!. If this is true then I wouldn't hold my breathe as even the Next gen version will probably be 24 players or only 32. if the next consoles don't have 64 players then DICE can shove this game up their asses. They should have done that $#@! with BF3 when that game came out.

they are still sticking with 4 classes, this setup is already proven flawed in BF3 yet they are still doing it.

This entire thing sounds more like BF3 then anything else. obviously it's not pre-order worthy and I can already see them nickle and diming people for every stupid thing. Thank goodness the next systems are easy to develop for because we will see much better FPS games then what DICE is pulling out of their current assholes.

BF3.5, blah. here are some red flags.

• 4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3 (BF3 has 4 classes, this really does sound more like what DICE would say)
    • More squad features.
    This makes perfect sense and to be honest, it's a good idea. I hate saying this but it only makes sense for them to do this.

I was wondering why they were taking so long with the DLC on BF3. This way they keep up aid with the demand on the game and if they integrate both games, and BF4 is more of an expansion...then they can reuse the assets (like the list suggests) and up the graphics and features for next-gen. It will still be the best shooters for next-gen and until the next COD comes out, it will be more popular.

It would be difficult and expensive to come out with a new engine when they have spent so much money on Frostbite.

PS4/PC versions will obviously be much better and of course not next-gen better but I don't think people will care, they will complain but they will get the game.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Frankly I don't really mind if they don't fully take advantage of the new consoles power if the trade off means we can get 60fps. It certainly won't be a Modern Combat type scenario.

Extreme Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Frankly I don't really mind if they don't fully take advantage of the new consoles power if the trade off means we can get 60fps. It certainly won't be a Modern Combat type scenario.
    Knowing EA, they will still give us 30fps.

Elite Guru
    just want ak47 and make the sniper more dangerous against tanks. tired of running away from tanks.

Thread Information