Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 ... LastLast
    Power Member
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Well my router is forked, so if thats the case i wouldn't be getting one.
    Still nothing in this leaked docs suggesting that.

If these leaked docs are correct.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    Well my router is forked, so if thats the case i wouldn't be getting one.
    Still nothing in this leaked docs suggesting that.

If these leaked docs are correct.
    True. That announcement can't come soon enough.

Though I really doubt it (mandatory online) will happen. To me, non-used games isn't as big a deal as this.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    True. That announcement can't come soon enough.

Though I really doubt it (mandatory online) will happen. To me, non-used games isn't as big a deal as this.
    Isn't always online directly linked to used games?

Regardless, I'd rather neither. Seriously, buying a Nextbox launch title in 5 years time will be impossible unless you download it from MS for a premium if these no used game/install crap actually happens.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    always online is not an issue, the issue is will people still be able to play there games if the console is not connected online? or will they be required to connect it online before playing (i.e to verify that the game disc is not second hand, or pirated?). the kinect one is a giving...but damn with the always on everything...and the mandatory install of games, why not let us play the game off of the disc

boy this is going to be funny

Elite Sage
    Items Naughty DogPS3 SlimNaughty DogUser name style
    MS better pray that their casual market sticks around*points finger at wiiU*
    Destiny is going to be EVERYTHING that EA and MS hoped titanfall would be

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    MS better pray that their casual market sticks around*points finger at wiiU*
    Well I don't think they will be the ones buying this at launch. Im not going to judge kinect 2 till i see it.
    My only complaint about Kinect wasn't it implementation, but that it was broken and spastic.
    You fought with it, you didnt play it.

Watching my kids give up in frustration trying to play disney Kinect made me just annoyed.
    I am no longer participating in these forums, I wish all of you on the PSU Forums the best for the future.

Elite Sage
    Well I don't think they will be the ones buying this at launch. Im not going to judge kinect 2 till i see it.
    My only complaint about Kinect wasn't it implementation, but that it was broken and spastic.
    You fought with it, you didnt play it.

Watching my kids give up in frustration trying to play disney Kinect made me just annoyed.
    Why make Kinect required if they aren't targeting the casuals? In a way, it's forcing kinect down everyone's throat. It just ends up being an added cost to those that don't want anything to do with kinect(meaning that they could have shipped it without making kinect required and making the console cheaper).

Kinect 2 is going to need to blow minds to make those casuals not go with the 360/kinect(which will be cheaper). That's if they don't move on to something completely new like the wii's fanbase.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-20-2013 at 03:47.

The new xbox will have zero interest to me if Microsoft doesn't bring new ip to it.I could care less about everything else. But if it is always online I believe it will go down the toilet just like windows 8.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Why make Kinect required if they aren't targeting the casuals? In a way, it's forcing kinect down everyone's throat. It just ends up being an added cost to those that don't want anything to do with kinect(meaning that they could have shipped it without making kinect required and making the console cheaper).

Kinect 2 is going to need to blow minds to make those casuals not go with the 360/kinect(which will be cheaper). That's if they don't move on to something completely new like the wii's fanbase.
    To me, even if Kinect were forced on me, I would still prefer a MS console than the WiiU. 3rd party devs just aren't reliably present on the Wii systems.

#IndieStation4 and proud of it.

Elite Sage
    To me, even if Kinect were forced on me, I would still prefer a MS console than the WiiU. 3rd party devs just aren't reliably present on the Wii systems.
    same here. I haven't owned a nintendo console since the N64

Edit:@mynd

I always have to play WWF No Mercy 64 every now and then lol
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-20-2013 at 04:44.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    same here. I haven't owned a nintendo console since the N64
    He he, I have a N64 sitting on my lounge floor right now

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    hopefully these new consoles will be able to emulate wii/wiiU titles...nothing like playing nintendo games on a playstation (my pspGO is a beast of a machine when it comes to this)

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    They just need to hurry up and announce the damn thing. These rumours are doing more harm than good
    Perhaps on the forums.

Not so in the real world.

Oh you mean like the sixaxis tech in the DS3, at the expense of rumble?

Or bluray?

And last I checked, nobody is expecting the next xbox to be more expensive than the ps4, so there goes that argument.

14. Likes mistercrow, Yungstar 2006 likes this post
    Forum Guru
    Always on, Always connected
    - I do not like leaving console running all the time, regardless if it has low power mode. And screw always online. Sim City is a prime example of why always online is $#@!.

All games must be installed on HDD [you can start playing few secs after installation starts], game data streaming from optical disc not supported
    - Screw that. Propriety HDD will rip us all and given that we have to install games, it is most likely that having one HDD will not be enough.

Only digital audio out
    - Alright screw X720. Why the hell can't I just plug on my normal 2.1 speakers? Buying a codec to decode digital audio out just add more cost.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    so there goes that argument.
    edited out ALL the bull$#@!...

720 without kinect packed in would/should = a cheaper 720 for customers. Period. That's the point I was making about kinect if it isn't directed at the casuals during the launch period. Don't go throwing around the ps3 or 720 being cheaper than the ps4 because I wasn't talking about that.
    Last edited by Two4DaMoney; 03-20-2013 at 06:32.

Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple
    The always Kinected is to gaurd against used Kinecf games. I have feeling that you will be able to purchase and play used games but will have to pay a premium price to unlock the codehince why the always on to monitor and gaurd agaist hackers.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Forum Sage
    edited out ALL the bull$#@!...

720 without kinect packed in would/should = a cheaper 720 for customers. Period. That's the point I was making about kinect if it isn't directed at the casuals during the launch period. Don't go throwing around the ps3 or 720 being cheaper than the ps4 because I wasn't talking about that.
    If the ps4 and next xbox are both $400, does any potential savings matter? No. An issue will only arise if one is more expensive than the other.

Elite Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    If the ps4 and next xbox are both $400, does any potential savings matter? No. An issue will only arise if one is more expensive than the other.
    get it thru your f'n head that the ps4 has nothing to do with what im talking about. saving money is saving money. Your point is void.

Forum Sage
    get it thru your f'n head that the ps4 has nothing to do with what im talking about. saving money is saving money. Your point is void.
    Oh, I'm sorry I wasn't aware that the next xbox will be the only next gen console on the marketplace. Yes the PS4 does matter. If the next xbox was to be priced at $400 (with kinect 2.0) and the ps4 at say $450 do you really think anybody will complain about how MS could have made the next xbox even cheaper at launch?

No because it is already cheaper than the alternative console option. If they were the same price it would be a tossup. Only if the next xbox ended up being more expensive than the ps4 would people really complain about the cost being increased by kinect.

According to your logic, people should complain about nearly everything because there is nearly always something that could be cut out to reduce the cost.

Elite Sage
    Where the $#@! do i say people are going to complain? you pulling all that bull$#@! out of your...All I said was the 720 would be cheaper without kinect. Stick to the damn topic if you are going to quote me or save your damn breath.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    I don't think it would be cheaper without kinect, considering its hardware is already built into the 720 this time, the only thing you would save is a few pieces of plastic, a ccd and ir flooding device. The cost of the actual sensors likely hasnt even changed. You might save $10

23. Likes mistercrow likes this post
    Elite Sage
    I don't think it would be cheaper without kinect, considering its hardware is already built into the 720 this time, the only thing you would save is a few pieces of plastic, a ccd and ir flooding device. The cost of the actual sensors likely hasnt even changed. You might save $10
    I didn't think about it in that manner. I see why they are shipping it with the 720 now.

Power Member
    Items User name style
    Might have been cheaper if they never went down that path, and didn't develop the chip inside the machine, but that was never going to happen.

Forum Elder
    Having always connected connect is no different than having an always connected video signal or xbox controller, its part of the system, if it comes with it, it has to be connected.

It doesn't mean devs have to use it at all, although knowing its is on all machines, and that it hold zero impact on game resources may open it up (if its fast/high res enough).
    my PS3 is always connected so PSN+ can do its updates, i take it that MS will be doing the same thing if rumour is true.

as you rightly say.
    That does NOT mean an online connection is required to play, they are merely stating that the network will always be checking for updates.

Not sure where people get mandatory online from.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    *dun dun dun*

Still - MS needs to confirm or deny. But man...
    I know. MS needs to come out and say something. They have been too reserved in all this. Especially if it something like this that a lot of people will be pissed about. Required online connection is a touchy subject, so it would be in their common interest to at least out that as false if that is the case. Honestly I wouldn't even consider it if it did require it. I have a shoddy internet connection so depending on internet connection is a big turn off for me. Main reason why I was done with D3 after one playthrough.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

28. Likes Robardian likes this post

Thread Information