Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Veteran
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I know. MS needs to come out and say something. They have been too reserved in all this. Especially if it something like this that a lot of people will be pissed about. Required online connection is a touchy subject, so it would be in their common interest to at least out that as false if that is the case. Honestly I wouldn't even consider it if it did require it. I have a shoddy internet connection so depending on internet connection is a big turn off for me. Main reason why I was done with D3 after one playthrough.
    Microsoft have their own event scheduled for April, right? I don't think they have to say anything until then. This is still rumor and speculation.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Do you love GTA? Check out my general discussion thread here!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacksite View Post
    Microsoft have their own event scheduled for April, right? I don't think they have to say anything until then. This is still rumor and speculation.
    True. I just don't think it would be good to go into that event with people having negative attitudes because of rumors.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    True. I just don't think it would be good to go into that event with people having negative attitudes because of rumors.
    Most people dont know this stuff so the only negativity is from core gamers who actually research this info.
    I know people who call themselves gamers that still dont even know what a Wii U or PSVita is.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by HellsJester View Post
    Most people dont know this stuff so the only negativity is from core gamers who actually research this info.
    I know people who call themselves gamers that still dont even know what a Wii U or PSVita is.
    Yeah but isn't that really what console reveals mostly aimed at, the core gamer and shareholders. I'm sure not many outside of nerds like us were watching the PS4 reveal. Lol. I know I'll be watching the MS reveal and want to see what they are going offer. Just my opinion on it. Much like if the PS4 reveal wasn't actually the PS4 reveal and something else. I'm sure they would have stopped that train shortly after the hype started to build so everyone wouldn't bash the living hell out of them for the next year.

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Yeah but isn't that really what console reveals mostly aimed at, the core gamer and shareholders. I'm sure not many outside of nerds like us were watching the PS4 reveal. Lol. I know I'll be watching the MS reveal and want to see what they are going offer. Just my opinion on it. Much like if the PS4 reveal wasn't actually the PS4 reveal and something else. I'm sure they would have stopped that train shortly after the hype started to build so everyone wouldn't bash the living hell out of them for the next year.
    Well over 8 million people saw the PS4 reveal on the official stream alone. 3-5 other well known sites streamed as well so thats a lot of people. Im sure MS will have numbers close to that as well.

Forum Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by MATRIX 2 View Post
    Perhaps on the forums.

Not so in the real world.

Oh you mean like the sixaxis tech in the DS3, at the expense of rumble?

Or bluray?

And last I checked, nobody is expecting the next xbox to be more expensive than the ps4, so there goes that argument.
    How is that relevant in a topic discussing the features Durango may or may not ship with?
    Last edited by sainraja; 03-21-2013 at 01:21.

Banned

For better or worse, Microsoft doesn't need to say anything until the reveal. I kinda wish they would save the reveal for E3, but Sony's reveal kinda pressured them to do otherwise.

It kinda reminds be of black Friday sales. All these stores had to keep opening earlier and earlier cuz the competition kept announcing earlier and earlier starts to theirs. Now it's become black Thursday.

I just wish BOTH Sony and Microsoft had waited until E3. With them both showing most of their cards early, E3 is gonna be more like the Pro-Bowl then the Super Bowl it's traditionally been. (For non-Americans.... the Pro-Bowl is basically an injury free, soft played exhibition game that means little. Among other words....BORING! Hence it's bad television ratings)

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatSpaceKoaster View Post
    For better or worse, Microsoft doesn't need to say anything until the reveal. I kinda wish they would save the reveal for E3, but Sony's reveal kinda pressured them to do otherwise.

It kinda reminds be of black Friday sales. All these stores had to keep opening earlier and earlier cuz the competition kept announcing earlier and earlier starts to theirs. Now it's become black Thursday.

I just wish BOTH Sony and Microsoft had waited until E3. With them both showing most of their cards early, E3 is gonna be more like the Pro-Bowl then the Super Bowl it's traditionally been. (For non-Americans.... the Pro-Bowl is basically an injury free, soft played exhibition game that means little. Among other words....BORING! Hence it's bad television ratings)
    E3 will still be good. They both want to keep hype fresh so they won't show most of their cards about half. They will still have plenty up their sleeves Im sure.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    The always on/connected thing is vague, it's hard to know what exactly they mean by it at the moment. It probably is just for updating purposes worded awkwardly but it may be more. The big things here for me are not supporting streaming data from discs at all (thus requiring full installation of every game) and mandatory kinnect.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    I don't think we should care about Kinect being mandatory. From what I understood Kinect will be a standard accessory, so why not.

Quote Originally Posted by Two4DaMoney View Post
    Those hard drives will need to be 1TB.
    At least!
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    I don't think we should care about Kinect being mandatory. From what I understood Kinect will be a standard accessory, so why not.
    Seems completely unreasonable to require a peripheral to be plugged in for your console to even function, no? What if you don't like Kinnect and want nothing to do with it

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    Seems completely unreasonable to require a peripheral to be plugged in for your console to even function, no? What if you don't like Kinnect and want nothing to do with it
    You just made me think of my Brother, I know instantly if his been on my PS3 cuz he always unplugs the PlayStation Eye
    Says it makes him feel uncomfortable and distracts him.

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Master Sage
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    You just made me think of my Brother, I know instantly if his been on my PS3 cuz he always unplugs the PlayStation Eye
    Says it makes him feel uncomfortable and distracts him.

Sent via Codec
    Yeah i dont keep my webcam plugged in for that reason as well.

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    I'm sorry, I think, me using the word accessory is somewhat misleading. What I wanted to say is that Kinect seems to be part of the console.
    Much like the Wii sensor, which removing would render the console unusable, and thus everybody uses it.

Now if Kinect is a vital part of the console and you don't like that part, then I guess you'll simple don't want a console you can't use.

I understand that some people might not feel comfortable with a camera always pointed towards them but that's a problem MS has to deal with.
    I for one don't mind, specially if it's a vital part of the experience. Heck, I even have the PSEye always connected and I barely use it.

I'll have a bigger problem finding space and positioning all these sensors and cameras since every console seems to have one. lol

Veteran
    Right, but if Kinnect is such a vital part of the experience at a UI level at least, it means they'd remove or rather hold back functionality from an actual input device like a controller. If saying "Xbox, do whatever" is the only way to make something work, or a certain gesture... are people really gonna go for that?

I think if it did release like like that there'd be such an outcry that MS would have to add full controller functionality quickly anyway

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    Didn't it say the home screen will have minimal controller input, does this mean more Kinect swiping and hand gestures

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Right, but if Kinnect is such a vital part of the experience at a UI level at least, it means they'd remove or rather hold back functionality from an actual input device like a controller. If saying "Xbox, do whatever" is the only way to make something work, or a certain gesture... are people really gonna go for that?

I think if it did release like like that there'd be such an outcry that MS would have to add full controller functionality quickly anyway
    If YoungMullah88 above is correct then yes they might limit functionality.

Now reception will remain to be seen. lol

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    I can't wait to see what MS brings. I don't have any intention of buying it as I simply don't need 2 consoles at this point of my life, but I am really looking forward to seeing MS's strategy moving into next gen.

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    barit
    Omg always online + kinect require. Better hope MS is not spying out your living room. HrHr

Superior Member
    Here is my take.

- Always connected. Is this required? I have no problem if the console is always connected and updates the OS and games in the background but the connection is not required. If a constant connection is required this is a deal breaker. I don't see MS requiring it to play games though since that would be suicide.

- Kinect required. I'm not crazy about this but I can simply turn it around and not use it. This isn't a deal breaker by any means but is disconcerting for sure.

- Game installs. The rumor is that you can begin playing as soon as the install starts so this isn't a problem. I actually like this idea IF the game disc isn't required after the initial install. I would prefer not to have to switch discs to play games. HDD space could and most likely will be an issue for some.

All in all these rumors may or may not be deal breakers but we need to hear officially before making that determination.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

21. Likes mynd , Admartian likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man Gamer View Post
    Here is my take.

- Always connected. Is this required? I have no problem if the console is always connected and updates the OS and games in the background but the connection is not required. If a constant connection is required this is a deal breaker. I don't see MS requiring it to play games though since that would be suicide.

- Kinect required. I'm not crazy about this but I can simply turn it around and not use it. This isn't a deal breaker by any means but is disconcerting for sure.

- Game installs. The rumor is that you can begin playing as soon as the install starts so this isn't a problem. I actually like this idea IF the game disc isn't required after the initial install. I would prefer not to have to switch discs to play games. HDD space could and most likely will be an issue for some.

All in all these rumors may or may not be deal breakers but we need to hear officially before making that determination.
    Exactly my thoughts. Providing that all the things that sound bad are just minor annoyances.

Granted, un-needed, but at least it isn't (or shouldn't be) a big deal like online required, Kinect required to navigate most things (limited controller input) and game installs are nothing but an extension of the PS3 days - to the Nth degree - and not actually helpful (like not requiring discs).
    I am the oncoming storm.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Here is my take.

Pretty much this.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Here is my take.

If they dont require you to use it to get the most out of the experience I really won't have much of a problem with Kinect being required to run. But I dont understand why they would make it required to be plugged in if it wasn't required to use it. Seems kind of redundant to make it required to be connected but not required to use it.

Required online connection is too risky. Don't think MS will go that route as that was one of the most feared rumors by many before we knew anything about both systems.
    Last edited by PS4freak; 03-21-2013 at 20:12.

Superior Member
    If they dont require you to use it to get the most out of the experience I really won't have much of a problem with Kinect being required to run. But I dont understand why they would make it required to be plugged in if it wasn't required to use it. Seems kind of redundant to make it required to be connected but not required to use it.
    I have to assume that having it there will lead some to use it and will like it. It's a somewhat risky strategy that could possibly work for them. I think they have long term plans for Kinect and this is a way to get consumers to use it.
    I don't need no stinkin' signature!

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    I have to assume that having it there will lead some to use it and will like it. It's a somewhat risky strategy that could possibly work for them. I think they have long term plans for Kinect and this is a way to get consumers to use it.
    It goes both ways I guess. Hopefully it will be limited to almost entirely optional for me personally. Never cared for Kinect. To each their own.

Thread Information