Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 4
    Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    They will tout the new improved facial recognition etc.

Basically they will be saying all you do is sit down in front of it and it will detect you.
    VR for turning it on etc etc.

So yeah, you will be saying "Xbox: on"

And it will likely turn the xbox on and sign you in based on who is in the room.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by mynd View Post
    They will tout the new improved facial recognition etc.

Basically they will be saying all you do is sit down in front of it and it will detect you.
    VR for turning it on etc etc.

So yeah, you will be saying "Xbox: on"

And it will likely turn the xbox on and sign you in based on who is in the room.
    Very ambitious. I will likely be the only one playing if I buy a Nextbox so controller will do just fine for me to turn it on. Could be a cool feature for families though.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    Very ambitious. I will likely be the only one playing if I buy a Nextbox so controller will do just fine for me to turn it on. Could be a cool feature for families though.
    I'm actually starting to think of a few things that it could do with always on always connected.

Take your you tube subscriptions and download them while its turned off, update your games, update your dash, download demos you tell it based on preference etc etc.

It could run rampant on you internet bill LOL.

I'm fine with updating my games, but little else.

I can see seaosn pass's becoming part of ever game to be honest.

Suddenly you wont be buying individual DLC anymore, you will be buying a complete "title content" package.

Buy Gears 5, also buy Gear 5 update package.

Then no matter whats released for gears it will be updated to the latest DLC.

Hmmm...season pass's are going to become a huge focus I think.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-21-2013 at 22:16.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm actually starting to think of a few things that it could do with always on always connected.

Take your you tube subscriptions and download them while its turned off, update your games, update your dash, download demos you tell it based on preference etc etc.

It could run rampant on you internet bill LOL.

I'm fine with updating my games, but little else.

I can see seaosn pass's becoming part of ever game to be honest.

Suddenly you wont be buying individual DLC anymore, you will be buying a complete "title content" package.

Buy Gears 5, also buy Gear 5 update package.

Then no matter whats released for gears it will be updated to the latest DLC.

Hmmm...season pass's are going to become a huge focus I think.
    One thing I try to avoid with always on connected stuff. I have a 5GB internet plan on my internet at home per month. Although I'm probably about to double that with the Verizon Homefusion. Although I've heard some pretty rough complaints about it. Bad thing about living in a rural area.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    One thing I try to avoid with always on connected stuff. I have a 5GB internet plan on my internet at home per month. Although I'm probably about to double that with the Verizon Homefusion. Although I've heard some pretty rough complaints about it. Bad thing about living in a rural area.
    5GB per month?

I go through more than twice that per week. Sometimes more than twice that in a single night.

Thank god for Verzion FIOS Ultimate. 50Mbps speeds and no limits.

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    5GB per month?

I go through more than twice that per week. Sometimes more than twice that in a single night.

Thank god for Verzion FIOS Ultimate. 50Mbps speeds and no limits.
    Yeah it sucks to put it nicely. Wireless broadband is annoying but it's not as bad as satellite. I can at least do light gaming on Wireless.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    I have two wireless laptops, 3 smart phones, an Xbox, 2 PC's, a PSP, a Ipod and 3ds all hooked up.

We have used 135 gb so far this month.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    I have two wireless laptops, 3 smart phones, an Xbox, 2 PC's, a PSP, a Ipod and 3ds all hooked up.

We have used 135 gb so far this month.
    Unlimited w/Slingshot or Orcon?
    Be Together - Not the same.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Bandwidth limits at home should be banned and outlawed.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    admartian
    Items ArsenalVitaUser name styleSteamPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by MjW View Post
    Bandwidth limits at home should be banned and outlawed.
    Most of AUS and NZ are still hooked up via DSL. We're still limited technologically.

Though it's starting to improve.

I do get envious of other regions where for example iTunes will have a TV store, and PSN US wil have TV Show access (for free even!) and the Google Play Store has magazines, movies, books, music etc - whereas AU/NZ stores are bare bones. No doubt it's internet related.

You Brits and Yanks should not have anything to complain about! :lol
    Be Together - Not the same.

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    Unlimited w/Slingshot or Orcon?
    Local firm Inspire.net

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    You Brits and Yanks should not have anything to complain about! :lol
    I dunno, both the UK and US have some of the worst internet in first world countries. Ok, America is big, with a lot of people living a long way from anywhere. But Britain is small and fares badly compared to similarly sized neighbours like Sweden or Holland just across the channel. The government think a 2mb/s average target is good enough, although most do probably exceed that by now. The ISP's get a free reign to draw it out as long as they like.

the more I hear the more I despise Microsoft. If even half of the rumors I'm hearing are true it still doesn't look pretty.
    Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    GreatnessRD
    Items User name style
    PS4 looks to be winning so far for me. If this is true on the Microsoft front, they are already dead to me. Already a deal breaker. I play a lot of fighting games with my cousins and friends every once in a while. If I gotta install the game to the HDD that inconvenience me because now I'd have to take my system over a persons house and vice versa. PEOPLE DOIN' TOO MUCH!

My gaming care meter = Life Support

$Greatness$ Awaits™

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by $Greatness$ View Post
    PS4 looks to be winning so far for me. If this is true on the Microsoft front, they are already dead to me. Already a deal breaker. I play a lot of fighting games with my cousins and friends every once in a while. If I gotta install the game to the HDD that inconvenience me because now I'd have to take my system over a persons house and vice versa. PEOPLE DOIN' TOO MUCH!

My gaming care meter = Life Support
    Ill take an install that allows me to start playing vs a mandatory install you have to install and wait for.
    Im more concerned that you wont be able to take the game over to a friends house.
    Last edited by mynd; 03-22-2013 at 10:34.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Are people in Xbox-centric forums so negative by these leaks, or is it only we that overreact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ancient
    Are people in Xbox-centric forums so negative by these leaks, or is it only we that overreact?

Xbox centric? not sure but I assume they are probably getting the lube ready with a smile like the forever and always Xbox centric people here are
    But people on Gaf aren't happy too, so no it ain't just us

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Veteran
    Never browsed any xbox forums til 5 mins ago but a quick look here http://xboxforums.com/forums/1065-Xbox-720? and here http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread...81841&page=482

suggests yes they're pretty downbeat. A lot more so than PSU's resident Xbox crowd, actually

Supreme Veteran
    Items User name style

Well, at the end of the day, there is certain $#@! that you pay for, and its yours, and your god dam right.

If I buy a game, I bought a game, it should not worry the company who I bought it from what the $#@! I do with it. Quite frankly, given the over bloated bull$#@! that they all call games these days, I'd expect better:

a/ Story telling (hire some god dam real writers you $#@! wits)
    b/ Worlds that aren't copy and pasts of other worlds (look an RPG'S with goblins and trolls.....$#@! off).
    c/Originality

We get none of this these days, and if they expect me to pay full price for this $#@! next gen,I better be able to sell it on if it doesn't blow my god dam mind.

I don't really care what console you own, but given the piss poor story telling, and the hand holding, and copying of ideas we get these day...pshhh...the VG industry might well collapse on itself if they expect us to buy a game, and $#@! it, we are stuck with it.....no thanks.

20. Likes $Greatness$ , Shingo likes this post
    Flaw3d Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyn View Post
    I dunno, both the UK and US have some of the worst internet in first world countries. Ok, America is big, with a lot of people living a long way from anywhere. But Britain is small and fares badly compared to similarly sized neighbours like Sweden or Holland just across the channel. The government think a 2mb/s average target is good enough, although most do probably exceed that by now. The ISP's get a free reign to draw it out as long as they like.
    But Sweden and Holland are very small compared to the UK, You could add The netherlands and sweden population together...double it... and you still have 15 million less people than the UK.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    But Sweden and Holland are very small compared to the UK, You could add The netherlands and sweden population together...double it... and you still have 15 million less people than the UK.
    It's not really population that matters, yes it'll cost more for a larger population but you have more money in general to spend on infrastructure. Japan has over double the population of the UK and Korea has comparable population size as England. Both also have far, far better 'net

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    I am not going to get all worked up until they officially announce something, but if all of this is true, I don't see this next gen going very well for Microsoft...

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Well, at the end of the day, there is certain $#@! that you pay for, and its yours, and your god dam right.

If I buy a game, I bought a game, it should not worry the company who I bought it from what the $#@! I do with it. Quite frankly, given the over bloated bull$#@! that they all call games these days, I'd expect better:

a/ Story telling (hire some god dam real writers you $#@! wits)
    b/ Worlds that aren't copy and pasts of other worlds (look an RPG'S with goblins and trolls.....$#@! off).
    c/Originality

We get none of this these days, and if they expect me to pay full price for this $#@! next gen,I better be able to sell it on if it doesn't blow my god dam mind.

I don't really care what console you own, but given the piss poor story telling, and the hand holding, and copying of ideas we get these day...pshhh...the VG industry might well collapse on itself if they expect us to buy a game, and $#@! it, we are stuck with it.....no thanks.
    Absolutely! I don't care if you are a multi-console owner, fanboy either side, or single console owner, at the end of the day this is something that effects us all. It is bull$#@! that they pass off so many games that are unfinished, full of bugs, or just a lazy attempt by copying. This is definitely what was a big problem this gen. Last gen not near as bad. Games that are just going through the motions have always been around but they just seemed to be more and more these days.

+rep

25. Likes $Greatness$ likes this post
    But thankfully there have been games that brought good gameplay and storytelling. Thankfully most of them for me have been on the PS3.
    Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

Fire the space harpoons!
    PSN ID
    TidalPhoenix
    Items New User TitleUser name style
    While I will wait to hear the official announcement I have to say that there's generally no smoke without some kind of fire. Everything I'm hearing so far benefits MS more than it does the gamer. Always on connection, while not particularly an issue for me, is a huge mistake and is simply a means for MS to control what we run on our consoles - I am very much against it. Kinect can go and disappear up its own arse for all I care - I'm not looking like a $#@!er just to play a game.

If all these rumours are born out to be true then I will definitely be going the Sony route next gen.

​aka Sparc

Entropy isn't what it used be

Thread Information