PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    Rengarious
    Items User name style

Carmageddon: Reincarnation - Going Next-Gen

Carmageddon fans it has been a long time coming Rejoice!

Source - http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/...going-next-gen

Carmageddon: Reincarnation will now be developed for next-gen consoles as well as PC, after developer Stainless Games received a sizeable donation.

According to GamesIndustry, a further $3.5 million was given to the project by Bullfrog games founder and former EA European studios's VP Les Edgar, who is also a shareholder in Stainless.

The planned rebooting of the Carmageddon series started last year, when Stainless managed to raise $625,000 through Kickstarter for a PC version of the game. The new donation of $3.5 million will be used to boost this and thus enable the development of the title for next-gen consoles.

"We are delighted to have fully funded Carmageddon: Reincarnation without having to go outside of the collective of our own company, shareholders and fans," said Patrick Buckland, CEO of Stainless Games.

"It allows us to maintain a true independence and creative control whilst not having to compromise quality or content by budgetary constraints. For an independent, privately owned company to achieve this, is a testament to our strength and to the loyalty of our fans."

The planned rebooting of the Carmageddon series started last year, when Stainless managed to raise $625,000 through Kickstarter for a PC version of the game. The new donation of $3.5 million will be used to boost this and thus enable the development of the title for next-gen consoles.

"We are delighted to have fully funded Carmageddon: Reincarnation without having to go outside of the collective of our own company, shareholders and fans," said Patrick Buckland, CEO of Stainless Games.

"It allows us to maintain a true independence and creative control whilst not having to compromise quality or content by budgetary constraints. For an independent, privately owned company to achieve this, is a testament to our strength and to the loyalty of our fans."

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    this is excellent news, i love this series and i loved the madness of the first and the N64 version as well

Here is the ALPHA stage of development and interview

Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Forum Sage

LOLz. Take that and smoke it, mainstream media.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    SO YOU NOT A FAN I ASSUME lmao
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Nice! I'm sure this one will be all the news is bashing for a couple months after release. Been a while since I've played a Carmegeddon game. Looking forward to it.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    This is a wee awesome series and i loved the old film form the 70's and i can not wait, i will mod the $#@! out of this after i play and beat it 100%

Elite Sage
    Huh, weird. Wasn't expecting this. Oh well, already backed it and getting for PC.
    Man who chase after bus get exhausted, man who run in front of bus get tired
    Man who masturbates in class has firm grip of subject at hand
    Woman who sink in man's arms soon have arms in man's sink

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    I would fund this if i had the money...

On Topic:

It is also for next-gen consoles and that is great news

Thread Information