Ken Levine on PC-like architecture for Sony's next-gen platform

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ken-lev...tion-4-6405715

I'm noticing more and more developers jumping on board of the PS4 and to me this is all exciting news because it means more games. I want games and I want those games to be awesome.
    Last edited by Coconut_Crunch; 03-22-2013 at 00:46.
    She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up.

http://youtu.be/5LxC3M-Yngs

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut_Crunch View Post
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/ken-lev...tion-4-6405715

I'm noticing more and more developers jumping on board of the PS4 and to me this is all exciting news because it means more games. I want games and I want those games to be awesome.
    Well of course they are. Their competition hasnt revealed their console yet. When they do developers will be on board for that too. And Sony turning to PC architecture just goes to show what a dismal failure the cell processor was and still is. Glad Sony wised up and is taking a page from MS book next gen.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Tha_MonkeyClaw
    Items Protect yourself
    Yep, the x86 architecture is going to be nothing but good for Sony this gen!

-=[ PSN ID: Tha_MonkeyClaw ]=-

PSN ID
    Stabbings_
    Items Baby ChocoboGhost in the ShellLightningTidusAtlus
    Sounds great to me

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    I heard that the current gen versions of Infinite aren't going to be so great so I hope they release a PS4 version within a year or so of launch. I don't really fancy playing it on PC

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    Well of course they are. Their competition hasnt revealed their console yet. When they do developers will be on board for that too. And Sony turning to PC architecture just goes to show what a dismal failure the cell processor was and still is. Glad Sony wised up and is taking a page from MS book next gen.
    sadly I feel while this is great for all developers the lack of uniqueness in the hardware will mean we'll never have games that make us question how it is possible on such old hardware
    like Beyond

games will look fantastic from the get go, but they'll age twice as fast because of it
    although there are some unique parts to the PS4, the CPU is custom, same with the GPU and the Ram is a bit high considering so maybe we will get a few surprises along the way, but I like the exotic hardware previous PlayStations had. a PC architecture & exotic hardware would have been nice.

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Ultimate Veteran
    Items PlayStationPS3 Slim
    We have reached the level of graphics to be good enough on easy hardware. Quality developers will still shine over those that paint by numbers.

I bet MS really wish they went first now, PS4 is getting all the light and 720 is getting all speculation good and bad.
    Last edited by mickice; 03-22-2013 at 10:05.

They say an uguu a day keeps the doctor away.

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by mickice View Post
    We have reached the level of graphics to be good enough on easy hardware. Quality developers will still shine over those that paint by numbers.

I bet MS really wish they went first now, PS4 is getting all the light and 720 is getting all speculation good and bad.
    We are well in to the realm of demisting returns on graphics, this generation will be one based on the game play and artistry of the developers rather than the ability to push technology.

To quote Nintendo President Satoru Iwata "This is the console where the big ideas can prevail over big budgets."

I Know he meat it for Wii U but it applies to the all these new machines.

Thread Information