Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

I Am Putting Maybe On This (GTA 5 to Include Microtransactions?)

Electronic Arts, probably one of the most reviled publishers amongst mainstream gaming fans as it is, recently dug itself an even deeper pit of fan revulsion when it announced more future EA titles would contain microtransactions.Microtransactions are, for the most part, the nickel-and-dime scourge of the gaming industry as we know it, forcing

gamers to pay additional fees for items or services within games they’ve already paid for and should have access to in their entirety. While microtransactions are justifiable in the mobile gaming space, where games are often given away for free or nearly free, there’s little excuse for adding them in games the gamer has paid a sizable sum for, as EA already did with their console shooter Dead Space 3.

However, if you thought it was just greedy EA jumping on the microtransaction bandwagon, you’d be wrong. Activision announced earlier this week that Black Ops 2 will also include microtransactions. While CoD’s publisher Activision isn’t much higher on the gaming industry integrity ladder than EA, if at all, what this does is signal an undeniable industry shift towards DLC and microtransactions, and also raises the question of when, probably not if, we’ll see microtransactions appear in GTA games.

On the one hand, imagine the horror of having to pay real money to fuel up your ride, or to buy bullets to load your favorite gun up with. It would sure take some of the joy out of pumping innocent virtual bystanders full of lead when that lead is costing you a pretty (or dull) penny with each flash of the in-game muzzle. Granted, microtransactions would never ‘force’ you to have to pay real money for something integral to the game. But perhaps bullets would become just a little bit scarcer so as to increase the sales of them through microtransactions. This would, I think, prove to be a major detractor and outright abomination

Also, a task should not be harder to accomplish than it would otherwise simply because a microtransaction is now in place that the company is trying to sell. In the case outlined above, the microtransaction has undeniably had a negative effect on the game and ruined, at least to some extent, the experience of the game for people that have already paid their money, and who don’t wish to plunk down more cash on it

If, however, the content is truly optional and the game is being built as normal (and not around the microtransactions) then there could be a place for it in limited cases. Gamers will certainly still decry that those willing to spend more money have an easier or more enjoyable time with the game than themselves. But on the other hand if their own experience hasn’t been impacted by the inclusion of microtransactions, then there’s really no reason to get overly up in arms about it. We gamers are infamous for our whining though…!

For their part, Rockstar has not made any announcement regarding microtransactions in GTA V, though they have said they would consider it in future titles. Meanwhile, publisher Take-Two Interactive has already released games with microtransactions present, including in NBA 2K13
    http://www.gta5cheats.com/gta-5-to-i...otransactions/

I would never play any game again and also the GTA series... This i do not want ever
    Last edited by claud3; 03-22-2013 at 01:36.
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Trying not to break stuff...
    Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Gross - if true.

Absolutely gross. Micro-transactions do far far more harm than good.

Remember the PS2 games when we would buy a FULL game and call it a day... yeah...

3. Likes claud3, Fon likes this post
    ストライク・ザ・ブラッド
    PSN ID
    xAkiRo
    Items YunaLuluBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-12-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XIII-2AtlusFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy V
    Ugh..no way man..

PSN: xThAkIdJxYx Cod Psn:xxAkiRo
    ‎"It's not important to have a long life, the important thing is to have a happy life with your beloved ones"

5. Likes claud3 likes this post
    Selected Members Council
    This is all speculation, guys. I really doubt Rockstar would do it.
    Thanks to Kwes for the avatar and Sylar for the signature!

Elite Sage
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DS
    You never know, you never know...I can see it now: Phoenix Down $3. $#@! that.
    |My Playfire|My Deviantart|
    - SIG BY MY SISTER-

8. Likes claud3 likes this post

PSN ID
    W_W_Heisenberg
    lol that is mental of they do that

Items LuluHIMLinkin ParkPlayStationFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIDeath Note LFinal FantasyDark Souls Cover
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorzilla View Post
    You never know, you never know...I can see it now: Phoenix Down $3. $#@! that.
    GTA 5 you have your stock standard apartment, extra furniture, clothes and accessories are $$$

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Oh do I hate microtransactions! Better not screw this up R*.

Currently Playing: ​Skyrim, Far Cry 4
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ The Order:1886

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I can see them doing that with things like clothes actually.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSN ID
    W_W_Heisenberg
    I would not care if it was for clothes or a unique car, but not for things needed to just play the basic functions of the game, maybe things like sabatour did with the midnight show, pay for nude filters and such

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    I can see them doing that with things like clothes actually.
    What happened to the good old day when you used to unlock this stuff by playing the game more?!

Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    What happened to the good old day when you used to unlock this stuff by playing the game more?!
    Those days seem to be gone

Counting Mod
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkVincent07 View Post
    Those days seem to be gone

Indeed they have. Gaming used to be so much simpler before internet connectivity came along.

Elite Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    There was an interview about GTA last month ( I don't recall exactly what time it is ) , they said we want to make real games, not repetitive titles that come out every year. I don't think they will put any real function separate, yet clothes are somewhat reasonable nowadays.
    (_)
    ( _)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList

Stop preordering games! Stop buying day1 games! Stop being idiots!

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Well i would never play any game ever gain if this was set in stone in any game i play.... E.A are idiots for using this and others

This should have never been thought of in the first place... THAT IS WHAT DLC'S ARE FOR
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Elite Guru
    Just do like me and avoid absolutely every micro transaction. GTA5 will be awesome but if they try to sell you every little addition then they will have a real issue.

DLC like the add ons for GTA4 where acceptable but having a payment for every little thing is just plain unacceptable.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Quote Originally Posted by Jabjabs View Post
    Just do like me and avoid absolutely every micro transaction. GTA5 will be awesome but if they try to sell you every little addition then they will have a real issue.

DLC like the add ons for GTA4 where acceptable but having a payment for every little thing is just plain unacceptable.
    I am with you on this... I mean DLCs that you pay for, you are paying for all that is included in that DLC aka clothes, weapons, maps, ammo etc....

It would be GAMING SUICIDE for R* if they added this at any stage of their gaming cycle and i would drop out of gaming. If this was the case of any game i played

Next gen will test this threat and others on whether paying extra is an value or for the sake to shake us more

Thread Information