Ancient
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!

Uncharted 3 keeps crashing my PS3?

This is the second time, the last time it corrupted the system files and I had to format my harddrive, didn't think it was the game before as I've completed before with no problems
    But it happen it the exact same spot
    Anybody know of this problem with U3?

Sent via Codec

"Xbox is about to become the next water cooler”

Forum Elder
    No but I was getting all kinds graphical problems with it right before my original 20 died 3 months ago.

I was playing it until I spotted Killzone 3 for 20 dollars and started it.

It sounded like a jet engine right at tskeoff.

My superslim dont even break a sweat.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ancient
    Just deleted the updates and got past the part that was crashing my PS3 so hopefully thats what was doing it
    As I said, I've completed it before so it must be something thats changed since the last time I played it
    ND needs to fix that

Sent via Codec

Apprentice
    The same happened to me with Metal Gear Rising. Even the DEMO! All that before it got the YLOD. Don't want to scare you though. But it could be that time.
    Oh, I'm sorry did I break your concentration I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue. - Jules

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadCrow View Post
    The same happened to me with Metal Gear Rising. Even the DEMO! All that before it got the YLOD. Don't want to scare you though. But it could be that time.
    YLOD don't scare me I have continuousplay and I've had it many times before
    But I think it was the update I'm playing it fine now with no patches

Sent via Codec

Ancient
    Happened again!
    This time on chapter 13, been to the ND forums and theres a big thread about it
    I never had this problem the first time I played it WTH ND, get it fixed

Sent via Codec

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Is it the phat? This is the build up to YLOD if it's happening with most games, especially if it starts doing it on the XMB.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    Is it the phat? This is the build up to YLOD if it's happening with most games, especially if it starts doing it on the XMB.
    Yes its a 60gb
    It happened last week but I had no problem until I tried U3 again
    But like said theres a whole thread about it here
    http://community.us.playstation.com/...7456#U36867456
    But I have played it through before so its kinda weird its happening now, although this is a different PS3, this is my 5th
    But the system seems to be fine, runs quite
    Not loud like when its on its way out
    And people are reporting it happening on the new super slims too

Sent via Codec
    Last edited by TGO; 03-22-2013 at 21:03.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    That sucks man. Hope you get it settled.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Ancient
    Well I'm just not gonna play U3 and see if its is that which is a shame I only have 22% trophies and I got both the special edition and collectors

Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I assume you've tried deleting the game data and reinstalling. If not try that.

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by ps3freak18 View Post
    I assume you've tried deleting the game data and reinstalling. If not try that.
    Yep, I did think it might be the game data as I did not have any problems with it when it first come out
    But it seems to make no difference
    The only thing I can think of is PS3 FW
    There must be something Sony has done in the firmware
    Especially when theres been reports of this since well over a year ago on all PS3 models
    It has to be, and I'm pretty disappointed with both ND & Sony that it not sorted after all this time

Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Quote Originally Posted by TGO View Post
    Yep, I did think it might be the game data as I did not have any problems with it when it first come out
    But it seems to make no difference
    The only thing I can think of is PS3 FW
    There must be something Sony has done in the firmware
    Especially when theres been reports of this since well over a year ago on all PS3 models
    It has to be, and I'm pretty disappointed with both ND & Sony that it not sorted after all this time

Sent via Codec
    Very well could be. Wouldn't be the first time firmware updates have tanked games. Sorry you having the problems man. I hope you get it sorted out soon. The save file could also be corrupt though. In that case you are kind of screwed and have to start back to square one.

Ancient
    Very well could be. Wouldn't be the first time firmware updates have tanked games. Sorry you having the problems man. I hope you get it sorted out soon. The save file could also be corrupt though. In that case you are kind of screwed and have to start back to square one.
    Never really thought of that one, a save file couldn't be cause that could it?

Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Never really thought of that one, a save file couldn't be cause that could it?

Sent via Codec
    I really don't know for sure. But it is possible in my opinion. If you think about it the game is set to load certain perimeters and situations based on your save file. So it could be loading something that doesn't sit right with the data that is being processed. This is just my line of thought here. Not anything technical but I think it is possible but sadly it doesn't fix you situation. Pretty much have to start over in that case. Basically delete the save and start over. I would think that it is probably an update that is causing the problem.

Go into the PS3 save files and look at the U3 save and see what it says. It will have a broken file icon by it if it is corrupt. It could be possible that it is a hidden corrupt and it doesn't show on the surface. Outside of that I really don't know. From what it sounds like if the save file doesn't show up as corrupted you are likely having firmware/game update issues. But you said you deleted the game data so I guess that is out.

Sound like you have a pretty $#@!ty situation on your hands not being able to figure out what the problem is. I know that feeling. Hopefully you can figure it out. Let me know what you find when searching through your files. As you said though it could be that your PS3 is on the fritz. Possibly corrupt HDD as well. Which would be better than having the whole system tank.

Does it do it only with U3?

Ancient
    I really don't know for sure. But it is possible in my opinion. If you think about it the game is set to load certain perimeters and situations based on your save file. So it could be loading something that doesn't sit right with the data that is being processed. This is just my line of thought here. Not anything technical but I think it is possible but sadly it doesn't fix you situation. Pretty much have to start over in that case. Basically delete the save and start over. I would think that it is probably an update that is causing the problem.

Go into the PS3 save files and look at the U3 save and see what it says. It will have a broken file icon by it if it is corrupt. It could be possible that it is a hidden corrupt and it doesn't show on the surface. Outside of that I really don't know. From what it sounds like if the save file doesn't show up as corrupted you are likely having firmware/game update issues. But you said you deleted the game data so I guess that is out.

Sound like you have a pretty $#@!ty situation on your hands not being able to figure out what the problem is. I know that feeling. Hopefully you can figure it out. Let me know what you find when searching through your files. As you said though it could be that your PS3 is on the fritz. Possibly corrupt HDD as well. Which would be better than having the whole system tank.

Does it do it only with U3?
    Yeah just Uncharted, played a bit of RE6 yesterday and it was ok
    I actually prefer the PS3 to die rather then the HDD lol
    I can get a replacement PS3 just by calling Sony because I'm still signed up to the continuousplay thing (replacement PS3 next day, for 6 pounds a month) , the HDD I will have to put my hands my pocket for lol
    I guess thats whats annoying me, because there don't seem to anything wrong with the PS3, I'm waiting for it to die but it seem it just don't like U3

Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah just Uncharted, played a bit of RE6 yesterday and it was ok
    I actually prefer the PS3 to die rather then the HDD lol
    I can get a replacement PS3 just by calling Sony because I'm still signed up to the continuousplay thing (replacement PS3 next day, for 6 pounds a month) , the HDD I will have to put my hands my pocket for lol
    I guess thats whats annoying me, because there don't seem to anything wrong with the PS3, I'm waiting for it to die but it seem it just don't like U3

Sent via Codec
    Bash it with a baseball bat. That'll show em. Is there anything on the net about anyone else having the same sort of problem?

Ancient
    Bash it with a baseball bat. That'll show em. Is there anything on the net about anyone else having the same sort of problem?
    Yeah the link is in one of my posts
    There a thread on ND's forum about it, People have had this problem since 2011, even the new super slims are doing it so its not exclusive to the Fatty PS3's either so I don't seem to have that choice, seems to be random too
    Some people have the problem and some don't
    But its exactly the same thing, Cloudie made a thread about a few months ago on here but I don't think others was having the same problem at the time, I posted in it after I made this thread
    Mind you people may have this problem and not know as its only the SP thats effected from what I know
    Sent via Codec

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Yeah the link is in one of my posts
    There a thread on ND's forum about it, People have had this problem since 2011, even the new super slims are doing it so its not exclusive to the Fatty PS3's either so I don't seem to have that choice, seems to be random too
    Some people have the problem and some don't
    But its exactly the same thing, Cloudie made a thread about a few months ago on here but I don't think others was having the same problem at the time, I posted in it after I made this thread
    Mind you people may have this problem and not know as its only the SP thats effected from what I know
    Sent via Codec
    Yeah I saw you post in that thread. Crazy it's been going on since 2011 and still no solution for the problem.

Ancient
    I tweeted eric about it, see if he replies

Sent via Codec

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    Its very odd because my U3 works fine I have a PS3 Slim 120GB model with a 500GB HDD installed, I'll start from Chap 1 and see what happens I was going to go on it as I need only a few trophies mainly treasures from 60-100 and a few weapon ones then its normal mode and crushing after that

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

Ancient
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakatomi Uk View Post
    Its very odd because my U3 works fine I have a PS3 Slim 120GB model with a 500GB HDD installed, I'll start from Chap 1 and see what happens I was going to go on it as I need only a few trophies mainly treasures from 60-100 and a few weapon ones then its normal mode and crushing after that
    Yeah same here thats what I was doing, although I did get to chapter 11 with no problems previously a few months ago and just decided to play again and got a shock
    You might be ok though as it don't effect everyone apparently

Sent via Codec

Thread Information