Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023

System deactivation problem

So i had two PS3 systems which both died suffering a power accident, they both won't even turn on. That's not the problem because i bought a third one but whenever i try to play Battlefield or Fifa i get a message that the account is already linked to two other systems and i need to deactivate one, obviously i can't deactivate from the system itself but i made little googling and found that through SonyEntertainmentNetwork i can deactivate all 3 of them at once, i did that and then reactivated the one i'm currently using and my account showed that i nly have one PS3 system at this time, but problem still stands and i don't get why the other 2 systems should be deactivated now. Tried the customer support here but servers seems to be down.

Obviously fixing the ol systems isn't an easy thing to do otherwise i would have done it already.

PSN: Abdou023
    Currently Playing: GTA 5

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Go to this site and deactivate your consoles.
    https://account.sonyentertainmentnet...m/login.action

It seems you already did this. How long ago did you do this?
    Last edited by Lethal; 03-22-2013 at 16:22.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Go to this site and deactivate your consoles.

It seems you already did this. So you are wondering why the other consoles are deactivated?
    I wonder why despite my other 2 systems got deactivated i still get the same message when i try to redeem my Fifa online pass or re-download a game i purchased digitally that my account still connected to 2 other systems and i need to deactivate one.

PSN ID
    space_eyes
    You have to call, ran into this a few weeks back. There is several options online for deactivating but unfortunately its limited to the video services no matter the instructions.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3Assassins Creed EzioCoD: World at War
    Also had this, last year online deactivation worked for games and videos but not games no more.
    Have to call them I'm afraid.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Abdou23 View Post
    I wonder why despite my other 2 systems got deactivated i still get the same message when i try to redeem my Fifa online pass or re-download a game i purchased digitally that my account still connected to 2 other systems and i need to deactivate one.
    When did you deactivate the systems? And you activated the console you are on now? You have gone to your downloads list on the PS Store and tried to download these from there?

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    When did you deactivate the systems? And you activated the console you are on now? You have gone to your downloads list on the PS Store and tried to download these from there?
    Yes i also tried brand new fifa online pass

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Vag Eye Lenol View Post
    You have to call, ran into this a few weeks back. There is several options online for deactivating but unfortunately its limited to the video services no matter the instructions.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
    I'll quote this again incase you missed it, you have to call them now to deactivate game accounts on consoles you do not have access to anymore. It doesn't matter if you use a new online pass or a previously used pass from your previous download list etc as you can not have more consoles activated on your account, you need to get previous consoles deactivated (Game) and this can only be done on the console (which you can't access no more) or by calling them.

You used to be able to deactivate Game and Video online but this is not possible anymore, the feature has been removed.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    I'll quote this again incase you missed it, you have to call them now to deactivate game accounts on consoles you do not have access to anymore. It doesn't matter if you use a new online pass or a previously used pass from your previous download list etc as you can not have more consoles activated on your account, you need to get previous consoles deactivated (Game) and this can only be done on the console (which you can't access no more) or by calling them.

You used to be able to deactivate Game and Video online but this is not possible anymore, the feature has been removed.

I didn't have to do that. I deactivated all the consoles from the website I posted above. I was able to then activate the 2 consoles I had and everything worked out just fine. I did it last year.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    I just logged in on there to check and it does say you can no longer deactivate on a PC.

EDIT: Says the same on my US account too so it's been removed for all regions. Dumb move by Sony, if they're trying to make it harder to deactivate why not put the shareable systems up to 3 or something.

EDIT 2: After some more research it seems you can still do it on that site. Login to the link Lethal posted, click Account > Media & Devices > Game and deactivate all. Whether or not it still works I didn't actually click to find out since it says you can only do it every 6 months and I might need it (hopefully not), but it might be an out of date page. Give it a shot and let us know.
    Last edited by AaronSOLDIER; 03-23-2013 at 03:05.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Master Guru
    That sucks. Glad i've never had my PS3 break on me. Sounds like a hassle.

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Abdou023
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronSOLDIER View Post
    EDIT 2: After some more research it seems you can still do it on that site. Login to the link Lethal posted, click Account > Media & Devices > Game and deactivate all. Whether or not it still works I didn't actually click to find out since it says you can only do it every 6 months and I might need it (hopefully not), but it might be an out of date page. Give it a shot and let us know.
    Actually that is what i did in the first place, there were 3 systems but now it's only one, but i still can't re-download games and i get the message that my account still connected to 2 other systems and i need to deactivate one.

And that's what's driving me crazy, This is actually one of those things that makes you hate SONY.

Ultimate Veteran
    PSN ID
    AaronSOLDIER
    Items Final Fantasy Versus XIIIPS3 SlimFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VIFinal Fantasy VFinal Fantasy IVFinal Fantasy IIIFinal Fantasy IIFinal Fantasy
    Have you done it within the last 6 months? Guess you'll need to call them if that's the case.

Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Kind of stupid you cant deactivate games by yourself anymore, that means if my slim dies ill have to go through the calling BS since my Phat dad and this is my second activation.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

15. Likes AaronSOLDIER likes this post
    Veteran
    I didn't have to do that. I deactivated all the consoles from the website I posted above. I was able to then activate the 2 consoles I had and everything worked out just fine. I did it last year.
    I've done that last year aswell but it's changed and Game can not be done anymore (at least EU anyway).

I've had to deactivate 4 consoles this year. 2 of which I didn't have access to and had to call them up to deactivate and if you've done it within 6 months its even more hassle

Why they removed it from doing it online I'll never know, made life a lot easier anyway.

Elite Guru
    The only assumption I can make on this is that their might have been some sort of exploit attached to using the online deactivation (perhaps hackers were signing in and deactivating peoples systems, that would actually be a good reason for halting it). Before they gave people this option I actually had to call them once after my personal PS3 YLOD'd because I had a shared account on a couple of other family PS3s that had also conked out at different times. They seemed to be annoyed at having to deactivate all the systems on my account and months later after enough YLOD situations and the reduction of how many activated systems you could have this seemed to be the perfect option just in case you needed it in 6 month spans.

Someone seriously needs to have a direct communication with Sony over this because it just makes things harder for the user when they could be making things easier. And it seems this is also the only way you're going to get the problem with your codes fixed as well, be actually talking to some one and insisting they fix your problem first hand.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2 View Post
    The only assumption I can make on this is that their might have been some sort of exploit attached to using the online deactivation (perhaps hackers were signing in and deactivating peoples systems, that would actually be a good reason for halting it). Before they gave people this option I actually had to call them once after my personal PS3 YLOD'd because I had a shared account on a couple of other family PS3s that had also conked out at different times. They seemed to be annoyed at having to deactivate all the systems on my account and months later after enough YLOD situations and the reduction of how many activated systems you could have this seemed to be the perfect option just in case you needed it in 6 month spans.

Someone seriously needs to have a direct communication with Sony over this because it just makes things harder for the user when they could be making things easier. And it seems this is also the only way you're going to get the problem with your codes fixed as well, be actually talking to some one and insisting they fix your problem first hand.
    I assume it has something more to do with people that gameshare, but thats just my guess.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Preorders:
    DyingLightOrder1886Witcher3Batman:AKUncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by SupraGaz View Post
    Also had this, last year online deactivation worked for games and videos but not games no more.
    Have to call them I'm afraid.
    Rubbish, I deactivated all of my console games on my friend's and my PS3 via the account manager site by clicking on " GAMES - Deactivate all devices". Funnily enough I was then able to download the games that I couldn't before. And before you ask I did this 3 days ago. I do have to admit though that you can't deactivate them individually but you can only do it as a collective.

Veteran
    PSN ID
    SomaXD
    Items PhotoShopPhotoshopAssassins Creed EzioKillzone 3Guerrilla GamesNaughty DogRaidenNoctisiPhone BlackVitaDeath NoteFinal Fantasy VII
    this site deactivates ALL consoles every 6months only (or a year i forget) however...

BE CAREFUL when trying to deactivate or reactivate consoles... for some reason Uncharted 3 wouldnt recognize my console as activated... every single time i played i had to activate my console (via PS3's account settings)

This caused Playstation to suspend my PSNaccount for an effing week (regardless of if i called or not, in fact i explained to the guy the fact i had 2 ps3's in the house already, and PS+, and the fact that the game (which i contacted ND over) still made me activate my console... but he said he couldnt do anything about it and i had to wait a week for it to reset (this COULD be bull$#@!, but i was seriously nice and explained the situation to him as well as being a supremely loyal customer... and still no PSN for a week)

All that to say... the site works well if you need to deactivate every few years (ive had 5 PS3's and still have 2... as well as activating on 3 or 4 friends consoles with success in deactivating them.
    Vanik Tetsu'ya
    PS4 500GB//PS3 MGS4 80GB//PS3 120GB Slim//360 250GB Slim//360 4GB Slim w/Kinect//Black Wii 4.3u softmod//PS Vita w/32gb card

Elite Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    I assume it has something more to do with people that gameshare, but thats just my guess.
    Well, the game share thing was why they changed the number of PS3s you could have activated on your account. That should have handled the problem unless peopel were trying so hard to game share that they just cleared their acount every 6 months just so they could let someone else download their games.

Thread Information