Latest PSU headlines:

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 ... LastLast
    Superior Member
    Items Dark Souls CoverPS3 Slim
    Started playing it tonight and wow is this game incredible! I am amazed by Columbia, everything just so gorgeous! The story is extremely interesting so far, and the characters are great. I really can't say enough good things about the game, it's just that awesome. Going back to play some more now but I just thought I'd share my impressions of it so far.

Elite Member
    Beat the game on hard yesterday and... definitely a great game.

This is probably my goty over DS3 and TR.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Apprentice

I haven't played a Bioshock game before and I am wondering if I need to have played a Bioshock game previously to enjoy and understand this game. The game seems to be getting good reviews, I was going to get GOWA but seems this maybe a better buy for the money

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    I haven't played a Bioshock game before and I am wondering if I need to have played a Bioshock game previously to enjoy and understand this game. The game seems to be getting good reviews, I was going to get GOWA but seems this maybe a better buy for the money
    I would absolutely play the first one, then play Infinite. Infinite comes with Bioshock 1, so it will not cost you extra money to play the first one first.

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by dinono10 View Post
    I would definitely recommend playing the first Bioshock game because it's just an awesome game all on it's own.

However, Bioshock Infinite is in no way attached to the first Bioshock game. In fact Infinite takes place nearly 40 years earlier in the timeline, is in an entirely different location, uses entirely different characters, and the stories are in no way connected, so you're not going to be missing anything story wise by not playing the first Bioshock games. Bioshock Infinite is an entirely new game that just carries the Bioshock name.

If you can find a copy, I would also recommend playing System Shock 2. The Bioshock games are all based on the System Shock games as far as the basic concepts go, but System Shock is much more RPG in style. You get an inventory system, get to choose between 3 major character types, and advance your skills depending on the character type you've chosen.

But if you play System Shock 2 you will find a LOT of similarities with Bioshock. Even the plot twists and ultimate bad guy are styled very similar. However, System Shock 2 is an PC only game from 1998 and requires a bit of effort to get working on current PC systems. (However, since it's from 1998 virtually any PC can play it)

Last edited by Completely Average; 03-28-2013 at 19:44.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    God damn I want this but I told myself I'd finish Bioshock 2 first. Or rather start it all over again. Need to get round to finishing Metro 2033 too so I guess I can wait a while

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    I'm a good ways in...and this game is fantastic. Absolutely beautiful set pieces, an decently evolving storyline, fun combat, all wrapped in a crazily twisted Americana backdrop.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Only gripe I got with this is how they seemed to change bits later in the game from the earlier trailers, and I think what we saw in the trailers was better.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    Items Baby ChocoboPlayStationUser name style
    I like Bioshock infinite but I have a major gripe with the analog movement response time. I don't know what it is lately with developers but they seem to always put this stupid $#@!ing analog delay and acceleration in their controls. It's awful and any developer doing such a stupid move is a retard, period. I like the game, I will continue to play it but they could have smoothed out the controls. because of that, they are a bunch of assholes.

Master Guru
    Yeah, Bioshock Infinite is amazing. One of the best gaming experiences i've had period.

Veteran
    Items User name styleE3PS3 Slim
    I so want to talk with people about the ending. I absolutely loved every little piece of it, but man it left me with some big questions.

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    If you do please spoiler tag it, not that it really matters since I had the end spoiled already apparently. Noone seems to understand why that pissed me off.. but whatever. Thats non-gamers for ya.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenix View Post
    Only gripe I got with this is how they seemed to change bits later in the game from the earlier trailers, and I think what we saw in the trailers was better.

I was waiting the entire game for the scene where the horse is dying and she tries to create a rip to save it. It never happened..

Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    I would definitely recommend playing the first Bioshock game because it's just an awesome game all on it's own.

However, Bioshock Infinite is in no way attached to the first Bioshock game. In fact Infinite takes place nearly 40 years earlier in the timeline, is in an entirely different location, uses entirely different characters, and the stories are in no way connected, so you're not going to be missing anything story wise by not playing the first Bioshock games.
    You didn't play this game, did you?

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    I've finally just this second finished the game and all I can say is I'm in complete and utter shock! (no pun intended). Let me put it this way when they said there would be a huge twist I never thought it would hit me like that! Totally and utterly flabbergasted and without doubt I will be replaying this game on 1999 mode.

Just one thing though, I love that Songbird and no I'm not just talking about that figurine of mine but the one in the game, OMG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    However, System Shock 2 is an PC only game from 1998 and requires a bit of effort to get working on current PC systems.
    Or you can buy it from GOG for $10 and be done with it.

15. Likes Lethal likes this post
    Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    I've finally just this second finished the game and all I can say is I'm in complete and utter shock! (no pun intended). Let me put it this way when they said there would be a huge twist I never thought it would hit me like that! Totally and utterly flabbergasted and without doubt I will be replaying this game on 1999 mode.

Just one thing though, I love that Songbird and no I'm not just talking about that figurine of mine but the one in the game, OMG.

Or you can buy it from GOG for $10 and be done with it.

I also immediately started playing through it again. I already found things I missed in my first play through. I had no idea there were bookshelves you could push. I also missed using the key you find early on, and I missed a few telescopes. Surprised I didn't catch these as I thought I was exploring with a fine tooth comb in my first run through the game.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi

It sure was a lot different back then, I'm still really happy with the outcome.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    I had no idea there were bookshelves you could push.
    You can push bookshelves? I thought you could only acquire items from them...

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Varsh View Post
    You can push bookshelves? I thought you could only acquire items from them...
    There's only 1 bookshelf you can move in the beginning that has gear in it.

Administrator
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    Playing the game through again now that I have the whole picture. Amazing game.

PSU Technical Advisor
    PSN ID
    UK-Varsh
    Items User name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggy View Post
    I like Bioshock infinite but I have a major gripe with the analog movement response time. I don't know what it is lately with developers but they seem to always put this stupid $#@!ing analog delay and acceleration in their controls. It's awful and any developer doing such a stupid move is a retard, period. I like the game, I will continue to play it but they could have smoothed out the controls. because of that, they are a bunch of assholes.
    You do realise that in the options you can turn off mouse acceleration right?

Superior Member
    Just finished it and all I can say is WOW! It was beyond incredible, definitely one of my favorite games ever. The story is ridiculously interesting, and this made the game very addicting to me because I kept wanting to know more and more about these characters and this world. I won't spoil anything obviously, but the ending was extremely satisfying and awesome in my opinion.

The combat is really fun as well, especially when you can use the skyrails. The voice work, music, and graphics are all fantastic, you can really tell how much work was put into this game. Really though, I can't say enough good things about this game, it really is the complete package. I am totally blown away by it and it really is one of my favorites of all time! Easily a 10/10 for me.

Edit: Would it be okay to start a spoiler thread about the game where people that have finished it can talk about it together? I really want to discuss everything and I think it would be best to keep it in a different thread just in case someone is reading this and doesnt wan't to get spoiled, even though I know we can use the spoiler tag though.
    Last edited by NightOnyx; 03-29-2013 at 14:43.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    What is best about this game, is the 2nd play through. You start to understand all the little comments made during the game.

Superior Member
    What is best about this game, is the 2nd play through. You start to understand all the little comments made during the game.

Yeah I totally agree with you. It really is incredible!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi

Dedicated Member

You didn't play this game, did you?
    I am playing it. I have not finished it.

It's not something that you need to play the first Bioshock to understand. Quite the opposite. I've found that this game serves more as a prequel, where if you played this first it would probably help you follow the Bioshock plot better.

Perhaps saying they were in no way connected was going too far, but nothing that happens in the first Bioshock game is directly translated to this one. It's the other way around, this game takes place 40 years earlier, so it's Infinite that translates to the first game.

It's a prequel, not a sequel. The first Bioshock hasn't happened yet, so nothing that happens in it effects this game.

Thread Information