Latest PSU headlines:

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 ... LastLast
    Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinZeal View Post
    Agree. At 37 one is too old for that. Unless one lives in your parents basement, which atleast I do not.

A cool detail,
    ha, yep same age as you and I agree. Plus I just found out 1999 mode you get booted if you can't afford to respawn <bangshead>

I think they were just listening through tears to the music, like the one where Fortunate Son was playing. Really cool.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    ColinZeal
    Yeah, I noticed you have to have 100 silver eagles to respawn. Otherwise you get booted to main menu.
    I think iīll try the second playthrough on hard instead.

Oh, and a slight spoiler. Nothing from the end, just a detail of what extreme lengths the developers went to.

http://i.imgur.com/NQ78EEP.jpg
    Last edited by Lethal; 04-02-2013 at 00:41.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Yeah, I noticed you have to have 100 silver eagles to respawn. Otherwise you get booted to main menu.
    I think iīll try the second playthrough on hard instead.

Oh, and a slight spoiler. Nothing from the end, just a detail of what extreme lengths the developers went to.

http://i.imgur.com/NQ78EEP.jpg

Nice find!

I actually received this game as a gift from a full blown university math professor, who also happens to be playing through it. It's kind of funny listening to his reactions as he's getting farther through the game. So far he's been rambling about the use of quantum mechanics in the story line...last thing he said was 'Shrodingers Cat OMG'.

I went and looked this cat thing up (I'm no math wizard lol) and yep sure enough it describes parts of the game pretty accurately.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    Lethal_NFS
    Items Michelle MarshAngelina JolieScarlett JohanssonOlivia WildeLucy Pinder
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Almost done with my 2nd play through. I only need 1 last audio file to find!!!!!!! Then I just need to knock 20 people off of Columbia, and beat 1999 mode without using the Dollar Vending machine. Then I will have my platinum trophy!

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Almost done with my 2nd play through. I only need 1 last audio file to find!!!!!!! Then I just need to knock 20 people off of Columbia, and beat 1999 mode without using the Dollar Vending machine. Then I will have my platinum trophy!
    Nice work, and best of luck on the Plat!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    I'm going through my 3rd playthrough with 1999 mode and I'm already in Emporia, haha. I'm playing it way too much.

My name isn't a misspelled Nazi,god****.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Lethal_NFS View Post
    Good luck Lethal!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    40 hours in and the game is 100% done. 1999 mode was easier than expected, only 2 deaths. I saved cash like crazy.

Apprentice

PSN ID
    ColinZeal
    Wow, excellent work Naxi! Any pinpoints from you for us as what to think of when playing 1999 mode?

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxi View Post
    40 hours in and the game is 100% done. 1999 mode was easier than expected, only 2 deaths. I saved cash like crazy.
    I got a decent amount done in 1999 mode last night as well, but you have done scorched through it!

Anyways, I had to really slow myself down and it was fine. Little bit tougher.

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    Just focus what to specialize in and loot like crazy. I only upgraded the RPG, Carbine and Hand Cannon. Upgraded Murder of Crows is excellent, since it can go on forever if you keep killing foes.The gear that gave brief invulnerability while jumping on and off the skyline was a big helper at the end as well. Not to mention the Industrial Revolution bonuses.

I was really worried about the Siren, but apparently using(optionally upgraded) Charge, with the right melee gear (set target ablaze, 2x damage etc.) and she goes down easily. Killing her resurrected allies while under the influence of Shock or Devil's Kiss will disintegrate the bodies, so she can't revive them.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    So somebody with an apparently impeccable memory recalled that in BioShock 1 during the scene where the pianist Fitzpatrick dies and you have to take a picture...you can actually hear the Songbird dying in the background.

Planned out all along. This also confirms that it's during the time that the bathyspheres were locked to Ryan genetic makeup.

Veteran
    Items Battlefield 3ArsenalDark Souls
    Finished it. 9/10

Whole ending sequence was awesome

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    I'm still only about half way through. I'm so ready to finish this so I can discuss it with you guys. I'm absolutely loving it!

Currently Playing: ​ Skyrim
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Beyond: Two Souls

Apprentice

PSN ID
    ColinZeal
    MAN I wish I could experience this ending for the first time again... Such a special mindf---!

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    Completed it the other night..loved it. I need to go back and finish Bioshock and play Bioshock 2 now.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    MAN I wish I could experience this ending for the first time again... Such a special mindf---!
    Yes the ending is quite awesome, I'm still working on my 1999 play through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave-The-Rave View Post
    Completed it the other night..loved it. I need to go back and finish Bioshock and play Bioshock 2 now.
    Honestly 2 wasn't that special, 1 and Infinite however...

Editor & Moderator
    PSN ID
    SchaffinOSX
    Just a little more about my progress in the game ...

A little deeper in, somewhere around "Comstock House". From the looks of the IGN walkthrough I'm pretty deep into the game at this point, and am eagerly anticipating the end. This definitely won't be my only play-through, and I plan (fingers crossed!) on getting my first Platinum with this game. If there's any game worth getting a platinum on, it's this one.

@Rekmon -- Agreed. I bought two for a small sum, played for about fifteen minutes and put it down and never played it again. It was reviewed fairly well, but something about it just didn't blend with me. Perhaps we're too harsh. Bioshock definitely has the "wow" factor that Infinite has, though, although it might not feel as grandiose now that it's a little older, less graphically impressing, etc.
    Read my work on Medium, my blog, and connect with me on Twitter.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Quote Originally Posted by SchaffinOSX View Post
    Just a little more about my progress in the game ...

A little deeper in, somewhere around "Comstock House". From the looks of the IGN walkthrough I'm pretty deep into the game at this point, and am eagerly anticipating the end. This definitely won't be my only play-through, and I plan (fingers crossed!) on getting my first Platinum with this game. If there's any game worth getting a platinum on, it's this one.

@Rekmon -- Agreed. I bought two for a small sum, played for about fifteen minutes and put it down and never played it again. It was reviewed fairly well, but something about it just didn't blend with me. Perhaps we're too harsh. Bioshock definitely has the "wow" factor that Infinite has, though, although it might not feel as grandiose now that it's a little older, less graphically impressing, etc.
    2 seemed like a spin off...a side story. It was a decent game, but Bioshock 1 and BS:I absolutely wowed me with the story's plot line, the twisting and telling of American history, the well done design of the game levels themselves. Both games are not without faults, but where they excel they do very very well (story telling)

I'll happily say BS:I is probably the best story driven thematic shooter I've ever played!

The Dawkness!
    PSN ID
    ElNaxi
    2 wasn't necessary, but it still added to Rapture's history. Bioshock 1 fell apart after the death of Ryan, 2 however had a fantastic ending. Not as good as Infinite though.

Last edited by Naxi; 04-08-2013 at 08:33.

PSU Community Manager
    PSN ID
    rokushakubo
    Awards PSU+ Patriot
    BS2 shat on BS in terms of gameplay mechanics though (at least for me). I loved the improved hacking, dual eilding plasmids and weapons and sister defence parts. I loved the traps you could set, like the pivot mines, the turrets etc. It as so much fun to be able to plan your death trap and then have lil sis get the adam while you play ringmaster in a circus of death. of course BS2 didn't have the same wow factor of 1, because you had already been to Rapture, and the story was epic...but people give BS2 an unfair rap I think...If you like Bioshock, then it is a very fun game to play mechanics ise.
    Click HERE to create your mercenary and get exclusive in-game items.

THE GREY CARDINAL (eWar Merc) - COVERT SUBTERFUGE (Minmatar Scout)
    CEO of PSU GHOST SYNDICATE - PSU in-game channel: PSU GHOST

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    For me, that was the issue with Bioshock 2. Its only, again for me, redeeming quality was the improved gameplay. Everything else felt worse and thus it hurt the experience for me.
    I'm beyond happy Infinite didnt take place in rapture again, though I'm still disappointed what they showed in the trailers didnt make it into the final cut and the replacements were not good in comparison. (the shop and horse scene was replaced with that scene in that cramped office(?))

Sig&Av by Kuro

Summoning (Destiny of) spirits as I venture back into (FFX) Spira. With a bit of "Catching 'em All!" on the side.

PS4 Preorders: WatchDogsWitcher3DyingLight

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

PSN ID
    rikboone87
    I finished Infinite the other night and I actually preferred Bioshock 2. I thought the enemies were better and more varied. I even preferred the controls in 2.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Yah the controls and some of the gameplay mechanics were not quite as good as the original, I'll agree there. I do miss the hacking mini games and what not as well.

Power Member
    PSN ID
    Dave-The-Rave
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy IXFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VIIFinal Fantasy VI
    I may buy this game again down the line on the PS3 for the trophies. I bought it cheap off Steam because I'm on my holidays away from my PS3 so I just have my laptop.
    Trophy-licious!

3DS: 3754-7606-9595

Thread Information