Page 1 of 2 1 ... LastLast
    Master Guru
    Items Naughty DogGuerrilla GamesNvidiaMaster ChiefPS3 SlimVita360 SlimLittle Big PlanetApple

Why console specs don't matter.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/patv/epi...cs-dont-matter
    After watching this video he speaks the truth.

uuummmmm...Fried Beer iis a reality.

Its all about the games with me. I still play ps1 games more often than current Gen ones.

Sent from my HTC-PG762 using Tapatalk 2

PSU Trophy Manager
    PSN ID
    Faenix1
    Items Final Fantasy X-2Final Fantasy XIIFangNoctisLightningFinal Fantasy Versus XIIIFinal Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIINaughty DogFinal Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    I agree, the specs dont matter. The games do.
    Although, the specs do matter when it comes to the features of the console.

Sig&Av by Kuro

Sometimes streaming Watch_Dogs

PS4 Preorders:
    FarCry4MetroReduxDragonAge3BatmanAKWitcher3DyingLightOrder1886Uncharted4

PSN
    , XBL, Steam: Faenix1 - 3DS Friend Code: 3883-6299-4363
    Phat PS3: February 2008 - June 1st, 2011, Slim PS3: June 3rd 2011 - Present
    PS4, 3DSxl: November 2013 - Present
    PSVita December 2013 - Present

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Sounds right to me. Specs are not written in stone and MS trying to match Sony in specs is not far fetched. Exciting stuff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by MjW; 03-24-2013 at 10:52.
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Flaw3d Genius
    Through history from the Nes/Master System onwards it's clear that console specs dont matter, The only people that care so much for specs is hardcore PC gamers...Those guys take geekiness to a whole new level.

6. Likes DeviousOne likes this post
    Dedicated Member
    PSN ID
    Swordsman-45
    Items User name styleOne Piece
    Console specs doesn't matter, because there is no gap between leading two consoles for core gamers. If there is a gap between nextbox and ps4 I will go with the one which is powerful. Most of the core will.
    (ē_ē)
    ( ē_ē)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)

MyAnimeList
    Currently playing GOW:A
    Next : Last of Us, One Piece : Pirate Warriors 2

Quote Originally Posted by Flaw3d Genius View Post
    Through history from the Nes/Master System onwards it's clear that console specs dont matter, The only people that care so much for specs is hardcore PC gamers...Those guys take geekiness to a whole new level.
    Exactly, some of them always go on about the ĒPC master raceĒ crap and I laugh because PCs get hacked more than anything else out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Robardian View Post
    Its all about the games with me. I still play ps1 games more often than current Gen ones.

Same as me. I feel like the new ones are all remakes.

Forum Overseer
    Ok, no, specs do matter. The reasons this guy is giving are stupid. Exhibit #1. He's comparing SNES with Sega and does not realize that Sega did not have the games.

So if you have the games and the specs, it IS better and it DOES matter.

Same $#@! with the PS1 vs N64, PS1 just had way more games. and he keeps on doing the same $#@!, i.e. PS2 vs Xbox. and why would he even compare the Vita with 3DS at this point anyway this guy is stupid.

EDIT: more stupid $#@!. he downplays PS4's superior RAM by saying that Xbox One also has 8GB RAM lol. Not to mention, we don't know how much more One is using for OS...rumors are that it's 3GB!

He also thinks that PS3 had 256MB of total RAM...

Where is his video ragging about the Xbox One features after the reveal? Seems like some Xbox fanboy made this video.
    Last edited by Omar; 06-01-2013 at 10:30.

Elite Member
    That was a great video.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    They dont matter for sales but they do matter for graphics and performance. And since I dont own stock in these companies I'll take better game graphics and performance over sales numbers.
    Last edited by mistercrow; 06-02-2013 at 06:24.

Superior Member
    more power = less limitations = potential for better games
    Disclaimer: I may or may not know what I'm talking about.

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/4404/lbj.gif

14. Likes Fon likes this post
    Elite Member
    The video fails to address why the more powerful consoles failed you could argue that none of these consoles failed to do their specs. It also fails on the ps4 streaming features because the ps3 has a video editor so why wont it be on the ps4. It seems to me that a lot of people are pissed that the Orbis/Ps4 was more powerful than the Durango and the rumors came to be true. Sony has obviously looked at streaming site like jtv twitch and ustream and given console gamers a plug and play option. You dont need a fancy pc to stream good videos it just completely cuts out the middle man it will make the ps4 very successful. One of the problems with having a ps3 was trouble streaming videos thats why we've almost always seen multiplat footage of 360 games instead of ps3 this gen.
    Last edited by hood; 06-02-2013 at 05:24.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Extreme Poster
    PSN ID
    mistercrow
    delete

Master Guru
    Items Title StyleNew User TitleBaby Chocobo
Gift received at 01-13-2013 from Ghost
Message: enjoy!Final Fantasy XFinal Fantasy VIIUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by oneJ View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Forum Overseer
    Quote Originally Posted by radgamer420 View Post
    They dont matter for sales but they do matter for graphics and performance. And since I dont own stock in these companies I'll take better game graphics and performance over sales numbers.
    having less power could mean less price thus more sales but at the same time, you have more potential to make better games with more power given the right mix of focus on development, especially since there is ease of it. that is potentially better sales as well since it can mean better games.
    Quote Originally Posted by oneJ View Post
    yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by hood View Post
    One of the problems with having a ps3 was trouble streaming videos thats why we've almost always seen multiplat footage of 360 games instead of ps3 this gen.
    That's marketing buddy. Nothing to do with the PS3.

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    That's marketing buddy. Nothing to do with the PS3.
    Really because I remember a lot of people having problems with running twitch/jtv streams on the ps3 in fact youll find that more people stream on PC and Xbox 360 than on Ps3. Things have gotten better last year though i suppose I gave up on the idea of streaming PS3 games. Also i remember some devs stating it was the reason why most trailers shown were run on the 360 instead of the ps3.
    "I think all those developers who are saying, "We donít want to do a PS3 game," or "Itís really difficult to do it," should shut up and make their games. If you have time to complain about it, then you should be spending your time working on getting the most from the hardware."

Forum Overseer
    Really because I remember a lot of people having problems with running twitch/jtv streams on the ps3 in fact youll find that more people stream on PC and Xbox 360 than on Ps3. Things have gotten better last year though i suppose I gave up on the idea of streaming PS3 games. Also i remember some devs stating it was the reason why most trailers shown were run on the 360 instead of the ps3.
    Well maybe it was an issue on jtv and twitch but as far as showing off demos go, that's usually because of two reasons (and they're probably not always both true) 1) 360 versions are usually better so it makes sense for developers to show the best running version. 2) marketing. MS has been heavily marketing the 360 in US in various ways.

Elite Member
    Well maybe it was an issue on jtv and twitch but as far as showing off demos go, that's usually because of two reasons (and they're probably not always both true) 1) 360 versions are usually better so it makes sense for developers to show the best running version. 2) marketing. MS has been heavily marketing the 360 in US in various ways.
    Ok well also as a side note streaming was so popular on the 360 that a twitch app was released for it though its for viewing only i could see MS allowing people to stream on the Xbone as well.
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/twitch-...ox-360-6408311

Forum Overseer
    You know, if they can figure out a way to directly stream to a website like twitch/jtv or youtube, then we have a winner here. i don't care about the 15 second thing or is it minutes? Don't know.

EDIT: Just looked it up, yup it does have live-streaming...wow, nice. I hope it's free though.

Elite Member
    You know, if they can figure out a way to directly stream to a website like twitch/jtv or youtube, then we have a winner here. i don't care about the 15 second thing or is it minutes? Don't know.
    It records every 15s so you can hit the share button and it will back track the last 15s and upload it to youtube. Then theres a way where you can just directly stream gameplay as you would on twitch/jtv/ustream and spectators can not only watch but participate in your live game.

PSU Live Streamer
    PSN ID
    xShadow__WoIf | YoungMullah88
    Items User name style
    It records every 15s so you can hit the share button and it will back track the last 15s and upload it to youtube. Then theres a way where you can just directly stream gameplay as you would on twitch/jtv/ustream and spectators can not only watch but participate in your live game.
    Ps4 or 360?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Forum Overseer
    Ps4

Superior Member
    PSN ID
    jhuff
    Well no kidding. All this video said is that specs don't seem to matter when it comes to SALES and which console will win. The PS2 versus original Xbox and the way the Wii kicked butt this past gen are obvious things to point to for that argument. He's right. It all depends on the market, how the products are marketed and their feature sets. Specs DO matter when it comes to games and what you can do, they just don't necessarily dictate sales success. Duh. Nicely done video though!

All you have to decide is what to do with the time give to you....
    http://www.woodchuckproductions.net

I thought it was every 15 minutes.

Thread Information