Master Poster

Borderlands 2 Level Cap Increase Announced

During a panel at PAX East today, Gearbox revealed that Borderlands 2’s level cap will be raised on April 2nd for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC players. The cap will add 11 new levels (bringing the total to 61) and will be free to Season Pass holders (or $4.99 for everyone else).

Along with the level raise, Gearbox will also be adding a new weapon tier: Pearlescent. Pearlescent weapons were previously seen in the original Borderlands and will be the rarest loot in Borderlands 2.

On April 2nd, Gearbox will also offer a new mode called Ultimate Vault Hunter’s Mode as a free update to all players regardless of whether they’ve purchased the level cap raise. The mode will be available to anyone who has beaten True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50 and will have enemies scaled to the highest level in your party.

Gearbox emphasized that the level cap upgrade is not the final piece of the Borderlands 2 season pass and that a fourth campaign is still set to arrive before the end of June. More information on the level cap increase will be announced before its release next week.

Elsewhere in the panel, Gearbox also revealed a new playable character named Krieg.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/..._medium=social

PSN ID
    trellheim
    Appears that no one cares about this somewhat mediocre title. It has a stronger narrative and a few other improvements but somehow is not as fun as the first. Sorry Gearbox, no season pass for me.

Valar Morghulis
    PSN ID
    SerinousTSE
    Items PS3 FatVitaPS3 Slim
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Univac View Post
    Appears that no one cares about this somewhat mediocre title. It has a stronger narrative and a few other improvements but somehow is not as fun as the first. Sorry Gearbox, no season pass for me.
    Hmm interesting. Just recently picked up and I like it a bit more than I did the first.

Master Poster
    Actually, it is alot better than the first one alot balanced too, better graphics and no lag unlike the first

the 2nd one got alot of features and it is tons of fun so i strongly disagree with you.

Veteran
    Love the game. A bit disappointed that the cap increase is a $5 dlc unless youve purchased the season pass tho.

Also not really a fan of the new char not being included as a part of the season pass. $10 for it is fine, but I personally feel it should've been included as part of the season pass.
    PCs are very much like Air Conditioners.
    They both become utterly useless once you start to open up Windows....
    ----------------------------------------------

Elite Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cage View Post
    Actually, it is alot better than the first one alot balanced too, better graphics and no lag unlike the first

the 2nd one got alot of features and it is tons of fun so i strongly disagree with you.
    I agree with this. The second improved upon practically everything from the first.
    I talk to myself because I'm the only one whose answers I accept.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by faaeng View Post
    Love the game. A bit disappointed that the cap increase is a $5 dlc unless youve purchased the season pass tho.

Also not really a fan of the new char not being included as a part of the season pass. $10 for it is fine, but I personally feel it should've been included as part of the season pass.
    the lvl cap is free to all, the new char is what you pay for if you like, they will also add a new mode to the game

Quote Originally Posted by LastManDancing View Post
    I agree with this. The second improved upon practically everything from the first.
    Agreed

Forum Elder
    PSN ID
    Nakatomi_Uk
    Items Intel Core i7PS3 SlimFinal Fantasy VIIIFinal Fantasy VII
    I was hooked on the first game but 2nd one I lost interest after a while I find it takes longer to level up than 1st and weapon pick ups are rubbish even at level 20

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Gigabyte Z68AP-D3 Rev.1/Bios F8 , INTEL i7 2600k 3.40ghz, Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB DDR3 1866mhz (1600mhz@1.60v), Crucial 128GB M4 SSD, Seagate 500GB 7,200rpm, Hitachi 1TB 7,200rpm (Back-Up HDD), HIS 7850 2GB GDDR5 PCI-E Card, OCZ Fatality 750 Mod PSU, LG DVD-RAM RW

PSN ID
    trellheim
    Glad you guys enjoyed it. The bug fixes and polish were appreciated but some of the new mechanics were not fun. I especially didn't like the heavy focus on "Fight for Your Life" mechanic. For me, the game lost its "rpg-ness" in favor for a greater emphasis on guns and having the right gear. Plus the whole "get to level 50 so you can farm the right gear" was unappealing. I judge the rpgness of rpgs based on how well the handle the wizard class. If the wizard is doing significantly less damage than the meat-head classes, I usually won't enjoy it. Maya (for me) was a good deal less fun than Lilith.

Then again, being the oldest (probably) gamer here means I prefer different things in gaming than I did years ago. Looking forward to a sequel, however. Hopefully somewhere other than Pandora.

Elite Member

Items PlayStationSteam
    Hmmm...I'm an older gamer as well, played both titles. IMO BL2 is a huge improvement over part 1.
    Actually just about all gamers in my "circle" agree as well. Had to tell my buddy to take a break from it after he hit over 1,000 hours of it <SMH>

11. Likes The Cage likes this post

Love love love me some borderlands so this is very good news indeed! Brief history: grew up as a pc gamer than splinter cell 1 converted me to consoles and i never looked back. spent most of my early console life on fps's and ignored rpgs. got borderlands on the fly and realized all that i'd been missing. i'm probably still gonna stick mostly with the fps but i'll give an rpg or AA a try every now and then

13. Likes The Cage likes this post
    Apprentice
    PSN ID
    atrin1
    Same with me. First was good but BL2 is just awesome. Love Zero

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Serinous View Post
    Hmm interesting. Just recently picked up and I like it a bit more than I did the first.
    same.

Master Guru
    Oh sweet. This will breathe new air into Borderlands 2 for me

Forum Overseer
    I stopped playing this game after I realized the huge issue with Host Advantage it has. It was awesome in single player but most things didn't work well in online due to this issue.

Master Poster
    it works great online might be just you.

Forum Overseer
    it works great online might be just you.
    If I still had the game, I'd prove it.

Master Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sufi View Post
    If I still had the game, I'd prove it.
    I have the game too.

Forum Overseer
    I have the game too.
    Ok. Would you please post a video of shooting an alien gun (so we can see tracers better) from multiplayer (where you aren't the host) and post the same video in single player? I would do that if I had the game and show you how much lag there is when you're not the host...which eliminates the purpose of most of what is in the game.

Master Poster
    Ok. Would you please post a video of shooting an alien gun (so we can see tracers better) from multiplayer (where you aren't the host) and post the same video in single player? I would do that if I had the game and show you how much lag there is when you're not the host...which eliminates the purpose of most of what is in the game.
    i don't have a recorder, but would you post a video of someone having that issue ?

Forum Overseer
    i don't have a recorder, but would you post a video of someone having that issue ?
    I'll have to look, i don't think most people realize this issue.

I would've just recorded it with a cam lol. but try it yourself, play single player, watch when the bullet comes out when you shoot, try to shoot some bursts or single shots...then go on multiplayer with the same weapon and try again. more noticeable with a shotty.

Master Poster
    I'll have to look, i don't think most people realize this issue.

I would've just recorded it with a cam lol. but try it yourself, play single player, watch when the bullet comes out when you shoot, try to shoot some bursts or single shots...then go on multiplayer with the same weapon and try again. more noticeable with a shotty.
    just did, nothing wrong with it

Forum Overseer
    Well then it's just me. lol I'm serious! I wish I could show people. You may not be noticing it. It's there! If you have the sniper guy and you spec into the bloodshed tree, it's useless online as it's mostly not fast enough due to lag and you end up zipping around missing everyone.

Master Poster
    Well then it's just me. lol I'm serious! I wish I could show people. You may not be noticing it. It's there! If you have the sniper guy and you spec into the bloodshed tree, it's useless online as it's mostly not fast enough due to lag and you end up zipping around missing everyone.
    well i dunno if you can't show us a video , i dunno then

Thread Information