Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
    I presume it's because it's still their lives, not society's. Being intellectually profound doesn't mean you should dedicate it to bettering the world. It's a nice and selfless ideal, but in a way it's not fair to that person. They have the right to live how they want. The people with the necessary capabilities to alter and better the world, though, should be lauded for their genius and their work.

This is why I think education and opportunities should be more accessible to people, so we can take special advantage of those with gifted minds who do want to effect change. Think of all the people in the world with powerful minds (or the potential) that have starved to death, been killed in a war, or never had the chance to show what they can do. But that's for another topic, I think.

That is very impressive. But this does tie in to me saying that the human mind comes in different strengths. Take Nikola Tesla for example: The man very, very likely did not have an IQ this high, yet look at what he did in his life. He basically created the 20th century. Attitude, aptitude, knowledge, skill, etc are all important to creating the great men and women of our world, not just excellent problem-solving. This is why we sohuld strive to give everyone, through education, a solid platform from which they can stand tall.

Damn you, Rapture. You make so much sense to me. It Is a terrible burden to handle but for example they already have that girls life planned out. She's pursuing a medical career and to be fair to her she's contributing by helping the human race I suppose. As long as they aren't doing drugs like the formentioned guy I said. I just hate to see talented wasted like you said yourself. We lose great minds everyday do to unfair circumstances. It's nothing new.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    What's her PSN/XBL id? Could've used her with some of those tricky Catherine puzzles.
    Had to YouTube that. NO way in hell I could have done it myself

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    Had to YouTube that. NO way in hell I could have done it myself
    Weak sauce, guys. I did those easily. There was one that gave me a headache,

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Master Guru
    Einstein was smarter than any of us could understand. He probably didn't even try on his IQ test.

Master Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TDbank24 View Post
    Einstein was smarter than any of us could understand. He probably didn't even try on his IQ test.
    He never took one. It's estimated I believe which come to think about It, It's kinda messed up to say she scored above him when he never scored. o_o

Veteran
    PSN ID
    Heat195
    Quote Originally Posted by itachi73378 View Post
    you gotta be $#@!ting me. (well she IS brown...racial jokes lol)
    I knew that name was Indian of course and being Indian is technically being Asian so. Hopefully she does go into brain sciences because there is so much unknown about it.

I thought the highest score possible on an IQ test was higher than 162? The article stated something about that test being for under 18 individuals so what is the highest score possible for full adults?

Forum Sage
    PSN ID
    iwinulose042
    Items Final Fantasy XIII-2Final Fantasy XIIIFull Metal AlchemistDragon Ball ZNarutoDeath NoteNaughty DogLightningNoctisAssassins Creed EzioPS3 Slim
    Quote Originally Posted by hoverbike View Post
    I knew that name was Indian of course and being Indian is technically being Asian so. Hopefully she does go into brain sciences because there is so much unknown about it.

I thought the highest score possible on an IQ test was higher than 162? The article stated something about that test being for under 18 individuals so what is the highest score possible for full adults?
    That max varies from the kind of test. Like I posted above there's a guy with an IQ of 210

El Presidente
    I've always found these sorts of things interesting. I've never taken an IQ test but they probably offer it at my college, probably through the psychology department. I agree that this is fantastic for her, that's something I or anyone here probably could never measure up to. But that intelligence can only blossom if used properly. I've know people who are book smart but they lack any common sense.

I like what Rapture posted about multiple intelligences. I would say I identify most with Intrapersonal. I'm thinking about just...stuff all the time. I couldn't list all of the things that go through my head but I think a lot. I also do talk to myself a lot, every day in fact. I find it's helpful to verbalize what I'm thinking about, I can work my way through problems more effectively that way I believe. You can call me weird if you like but....

Forum Sage

So she's smart. It's obviously because she exercises her brain in more ways than just studying. I think being a gamer helped her out A LOT.

Supreme Veteran
    Items Gran Turismo 5Michelle MarshDoomid SoftwareCommodore 64Metal Gear Solid
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Its the parents.
    She has intelligent parents which is a good start and they mouded her brain to what it is today by teaching her stuff before the schools did.

School isn't the only place to learn, parents should teach their kids things, school is just a free babysitter while the parents are at work.
    I could read and write long before I went to school and when I was at school I was bored rigid for the first year, it was too easy because I was reading proper books at home not those 3 words per page with 1 massive picture that all the other kids were struggling with.
    The teacher was a $#@! she didnt believe I was reading the books so fast and she made me write with my right hand.
    $#@!!
    Last edited by keefy; 03-26-2013 at 15:46.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    I hope the girl does something with all those brains. Like it's already been stated in this thread, there are plenty of smart people who don't make it through and end up in prison or dope dealers or just working end of the road jobs.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

12. Likes MjW likes this post
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    sophieskyrim126Era
    Items Tommy VercettiGTA Claude
    The future is neither balanced or uncertain, it is just a future that she will write...

I hold my hands up and admit i am not the smartest fart in anyone's ass... But i could out do her on DOOM
    Plato and Aristotle, a detail of The School of Athens, a fresco by Raphael. Aristotle gestures to the earth, representing his belief in knowledge

Master Guru
    PSN ID
    MjW-
    Items VitaiPhone BlackGran Turismo 5PS3 FatTommy Vercetti3DS
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Wolf View Post
    I hope the girl does something with all those brains. Like it's already been stated in this thread, there are plenty of smart people who don't make it through and end up in prison or dope dealers or just working end of the road jobs.
    My thoughts exactly.
    Though with such a background it would be difficult to end up with crappy job but you never know, she wouldn't be the first.

I hope she makes some breakthrough like the "less" smart Einstein. ;p
    ~Corporate Media Propaganda - Welcome to your Daily Matrix~

Ultimate Veteran
    maybe she is Einstein reborn lol. i bet she is really book smart and class room smart but when it comes to st smarts he iq is 76 lol

Thread Information