Latest PSU headlines:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst ... 2
    Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Achievements IT'S OVER 9000!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    This guy said it the best.
    They never really teased a Final Fantasy VII remake. Wada said right after they showed the tech demo that there was no remake planned. So I'm not going to get on their case for that.

Also, I'm not sure how they 'got everyone's hopes up' for Kingdom Hearst 3. It was never officially announced. Although I will agree that they botched Kingdom Hearts this gen. Not one true sequel all generation after they managed to build a huge new franchise on the PS2.

With that said, I prefer that team to work on Versus instead, but that wasn't released either.

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixion View Post
    They never really teased a Final Fantasy VII remake. Wada said right after they showed the tech demo that there was no remake planned. So I'm not going to get on their case for that.

Also, I'm not sure how they 'got everyone's hopes up' for Kingdom Hearst 3. It was never officially announced.
    I recall seeing an interview saying Kh3 will be coming this gen. I'll have to find the interview but all we have gotten is handhelds. Neglecting the main series that made kingdom hearts in the first place is distasteful. Granted I know they want to different things but It's been seven years since the last one and that's a console's whole life cycle. Final Fantasy 7 is just how they did It. They said oh we're going to make it eventually, then someone comes in and then shoots down all hope, next someone says It would take too long (all the time they took to make ff13 plus two sequels and we still don't have versus could've been a ff7 remake), finally when everything looks bleak then they have the audacity to say we will make it if we make a better game than ff7! Who's judging to see if a game is better? Sales wise or fan wise? Sales is possible but the nostalgia along makes ff7 a mammoth in the game industry yet alone the games brilliant characters, story, and what not. Granted the tech demo was just a tech demo but they could have used anything else. Why show something that most people want? It's like throwing a big, juicy, t-bone steak in a pitbull's face and then not giving it to him. If a whole console life without kingdom hearts with the fact that they were neglecting the main series isn't being a douche or using nostalgia to get fans to buy something isn't wrong then I don't know what is. The nostalgia backfired all in their face because that's all people want and now everyone has to hear about that "dead horse conversation about ff7" conversation. I'm also tired of hearing "It's coming, It's coming, It's coming" with versus also. It doesn't take that long to make a game. The only thing they've done this gen is make a game that isn't mediocre but as a final fantasy it is mediocre with two somewhat better sequels. rant ended. Sorry! :/

Kingdom Hearts 3 may be a reality sooner than we thought. (Mostly because many of us have given up on it altogether.) In an interview with Game Informer, Tetsuya Nomura commented on the long awaited console title, specifically saying that he feels the same way we do.
    “I also feel that it’s about time that Kingdom Hearts should go back to being on a console.”
    Conditions for a ff7 remake video

Edit One more thing is I hate how everyone is always like It's never coming out so stop beating a dead horse. It's not like they never mention they said they will make It but under conditions. I'm just telling them to hurry up. Also, I get tired of seeing It's never coming just as much as when someone/or I say Make a ff7 remake. (Not referencing anyone here but just in general) The real /rant

http://andriasang.com/con1ny/wada_on_ffvii_remake/

http://heartstation.org/?p=2049

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...e-says-nomura/
    Last edited by Silvy; 03-27-2013 at 17:23.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    S-E kept commenting on a FFVII remake because people kept asking them about it. It's not like they said they were making it but failed to release it. They never said they were developing a remake.

Master Poster
    I think if things continue to go south for Square...they may become desperate enough to remake VII
    Thank You Shaq...For Everything

Master Guru
    Items Protect yourselfUser name style
    S-E kept commenting on a FFVII remake because people kept asking them about it. It's not like they said they were making it but failed to release it. They never said they were developing a remake.
    They said they would though. So if a game passes what nine million sales then we get It according to them.

Remember that i'm going to die is the best way I know to avoid trap of thinking you have something to lose, you're already naked, there's no reason not to follow your heart.

El Presidente
    Also, I'm not sure how they 'got everyone's hopes up' for Kingdom Hearst 3. It was never officially announced. Although I will agree that they botched Kingdom Hearts this gen. Not one true sequel all generation after they managed to build a huge new franchise on the PS2.
    The whole Kingdom Hearts thing pisses me off. I played 2 when it come out in 2005. That was 8 years ago... And what have they done in the meantime? Release a bunch of spin offs but not on PS2 or PS3. If you were following along as they released the games you would have had to buy 5 different systems to play them:

Gameboy Advance
    DS
    3DS
    PSP
    Mobile(I assume that on some older phones the game wouldn't work so you would have to buy a new phone that could play it.)

And it doesn't matter if you can download all of the games on PS3 now and play them, it's the principal of it. Way to jerk all your KH fans around and treat us like ****. At this point 3 had better be fantastic and I'm not sure if I'd even buy it. How long will it take for 4 to come out(if they continue)? Another 8 years? **** you Square.

Focus. Control. Conviction. Resolve. A true ace lacks none of these attributes. Nothing can deter you from the task at hand except your own fears. This is your sky.

Veteran
    Items PS3 SlimVita3DSPlayStation
    Square never lost the magic. Final Fantasy XIII was a good game and Final Fantasy XIII-2 an even better game. I'm confident the next final fantasy game will have the magic, because Square is listening to their fans and their wants. They listened to the complaints about XIII and that's what made XIII-2 one of the funnest RPGs I've ever played.

By the way, not only is Kingdom Hearts 3 on the horizon, but they are apparently working on a sequel to The World Ends with You. Then there are two games in Japan, Type-0 is one of them, that have gotten good reviews and reception.

Square still has the magic. They may not be using it to the full potential, but it's still there.

Currently Playing: Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita)

Elite Guru
    Ultimately the problem seems to be that Square wants to make something new while a bunch of people are stuck in the past. And yeah it would have been nice to see a console sequel to KH in this generation but they split themselves between 3 different franchises (FF13, FFonline, and FF versus, 4 if you count any of the products they made for handhelds and portables and you should because they do still count).

They cant just sink all their time into a FF7 remake, it's simply too large an endeavor to take when they could be introducing new content to go back and try to rebuild old stuff to the extent that FF7 would require especially when the original creators have all moved on to other projects. They said they might one day do it but even if they did it'd be after the current round of FF games which includes Versus. Even that wasnt confirmation that they would do it, after all there's still the question of whether or not you peopel who keep asking for it number in high enough digits to pay for the re-development of an old game.

Squeenix is trying to make their games more accessible to a mass market audience with the FF13 method of gameplay, it didnt work as much for the people who enjoy the old RPG staples of turn-based combat. they're also trying to step up their dramatic story telling. Either way it's created an environment of hate that will only be satisfied by releasing a game that harkens back to the old style otherwise people are just going to continue hating even if they release something good.

But it's not going to be FF7

Supreme Veteran
    PSN ID
    MagicManGSC
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha2 View Post
    Squeenix is trying to make their games more accessible to a mass market audience with the FF13 method of gameplay, it didnt work as much for the people who enjoy the old RPG staples of turn-based combat. they're also trying to step up their dramatic story telling. Either way it's created an environment of hate that will only be satisfied by releasing a game that harkens back to the old style otherwise people are just going to continue hating even if they release something good.
    No.

People dislike FFXIII because it was repetitive as hell and had incredibly tripe writing. Not because we're 'stuck in the past'.

Ultimate Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knight View Post
    Granted the tech demo was just a tech demo but they could have used anything else. Why show something that most people want? It's like throwing a big, juicy, t-bone steak in a pitbull's face and then not giving it to him.
    So how long do you plan on clinging to the past? Is it not possible that they used Final Fantasy VII as the theme for their tech demo because it's the most popular, successful and overall recognizable title in the series?

Edit One more thing is I hate how everyone is always like It's never coming out so stop beating a dead horse. It's not like they never mention they said they will make It but under conditions. I'm just telling them to hurry up. Also, I get tired of seeing It's never coming just as much as when someone/or I say Make a ff7 remake. (Not referencing anyone here but just in general) The real /rant
    And I hate seeing you pop into every Final Fantasy thread, mentioning the Final Fantasy VII tech demo, as if Square are going to read your post and have an epiphany about what game they should really prioritize over.

At the very least, you can wait for them to release the titles they've been working on (Final Fantasy Versus XIII, XIV: A Realm Reborn, Lightning Returns, X/X-2 HD, and Final Fantasy XV) before bringing it up again. I know the nostalgic fans don't care about most of the new games that are coming out but the Final Fantasy fanbase consists of a lot more people they have to cater to.
    Last edited by Metal King Slime; 03-27-2013 at 22:14.

Super Elite
    PSN ID
    Sir_Scud
    Items Final Fantasy IVDark SoulsGuerrilla Games
    I think with a new gen it kind of washes away the past failures and gives them a new chance to impress everyone. Nobody here can really say they won't be interested in seeing what S-E can do with a next gen FF game regardless if they loved/hated XIII, or if they are hardcore old school fans. Fans of any FF will be interested to see it.

Where it really matters is getting some of these current projects out to the public, or next gen actually get games out to the public. Have a game where the story is really good, where characters matter, music that hits home, etc. I don't care what combat system you throw in, for me it's all about the story. And if it sucks, it's hard to play through.

I don't think they can recapture the magic, though. When FF was at its peak dominance, it was the most fun I ever had playing video games. After 2 generations of games that I felt weren't at the same level, it probably won't change next-gen. But I sure will be excited to see FF XV and will always be a FF fan.

Super Moderator
    PSN ID
    lsutigers19
    Items Final Fantasy XIIIFinal Fantasy XCall of Duty: Black OPSDragon Ball ZPS3 SlimGoogle Chrome
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Scud View Post
    I think with a new gen it kind of washes away the past failures and gives them a new chance to impress everyone. Nobody here can really say they won't be interested in seeing what S-E can do with a next gen FF game regardless if they loved/hated XIII, or if they are hardcore old school fans. Fans of any FF will be interested to see it.

Where it really matters is getting some of these current projects out to the public, or next gen actually get games out to the public. Have a game where the story is really good, where characters matter, music that hits home, etc. I don't care what combat system you throw in, for me it's all about the story. And if it sucks, it's hard to play through.

I don't think they can recapture the magic, though. When FF was at its peak dominance, it was the most fun I ever had playing video games. After 2 generations of games that I felt weren't at the same level, it probably won't change next-gen. But I sure will be excited to see FF XV and will always be a FF fan.
    That's the exactly the way I look at it. They have a fresh slate to work with. What they do with it remains to be seen. I hope it is good unlike this gen.

Currently Playing: ​ Watch Dogs
    Currently Waiting For: ​​ ​Destiny

Thread Information